Dr. Nelson Turcios, MD

Pediatric Pulmonology ·  Male · Age 72

Dr. Turcios

Doctor's Care Center, PA

579 Cranbury Rd Ste A East Brunswick, NJ 08816

Dr. Nelson Turcios, MD is a pediatric pulmonology specialist in East Brunswick, NJ and has been practicing for 37 years. He graduated from Universidad Nacional in 1973 and specializes in pediatric pulmonology.

Dr. Turcios accepts

Dr. Turcios accepts the following insurance:

Choice Fund PPO

• Bronchiolitis
  • Bronchitis
  • Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia
  • Chronic Cough
  • Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)
  • Cough
  • Smoking Cessation Counseling
  • Stridor
  • Wheezing
  • Whooping Cough

As a pediatric pulmonologist, cystic fibrosis care provider I strongly believe in delivering the best care within my abilities, being compassionate, good listener and a good communicator. Education is essential. The simpler the treatment the better, less medicine much better

• Pediatric Pulmonology

Dr. Turcios?
Dr. Turcios' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Nelson Turcios, MD
RecentMost Helpful
Dr. Turcios has been my daughter's pulmonologist for about 11 years now. He is awesome and helped us with everything. He is compassionate, explains everything well, he has pretty much been a life saver for us! However, we haven't been there in a while and I can not get a hold of him. Not sure if he retired or changed the phone number. This is very upsetting since we've been with him for over a decade. Not very sure what we are going to do now. All in all though, he is amazing!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nelson Turcios, MD?
Dr Turcios has been treating our family for 15+ years, first my brother and now my son. He is amazing, both with the kids and as a doctor. He is caring, incredibly responsive, and kind. We cannot recommend him enough. Because of him, our son is breathing easier and is no longer scared about his asthma and what that means.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nelson Turcios, MD?
A very caring, dedicated and knowledgeable doctor. Since my son has seen him, his asthma has been under control- no more asthma attacks or allergy problems.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nelson Turcios, MD?
Dr. Turcios is an empathetic and knowledgeable pediatric pulmonologist. He truly cares about the children and has a philosophy of caring for the lungs with as little medication as possible that I find very refreshing. His bedside manner with the kids is excellent and he is adept at using humor to heal with nervous little ones having asthma attacks. If you have a child with challenging asthma, this is the doctor you should visit . Melissa Davey, M.A.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nelson Turcios, MD?
My daughter has been seeing Dr. Turcios for the last 13 Years. He has always taken his time and listened to our concerns. I feel very confident in my daughters care. Highly recommend!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nelson Turcios, MD?
I love Dr.Turcios! My son has rare and complicated health issues and never fits the medical literature. Doctor Turcios is the ONLY doctor that I have encountered who thinks outside the box and recognizes my sons individual needs. He has been a god send for our family. I recommend him to everyone who needs the best of the best for their child. Also Crisselda who handles his offices is amazing. Shes on top of it and shes very warm and friendly. Definitely 5 stars ?? They are the Best!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nelson Turcios, MD?
Dr. Turcios brought tears to my eyes with the care he gave my daughter. There really was no wait time. He took his time with the exam. Most importantly, he was so thoughtful and caring with his explanation of the situation and his decisions for treatment. I don't know that I can say any doctor has ever been so clear and thorough. I truly appreciate him and would recommend him to anyone in search of a pediatric pulmonologist.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nelson Turcios, MD?
What an amazing doctor, he addressed every concern we had about our son. He was very thoroughly in all his testings and recommendations. I highly recommend him for anyone with lung concerns
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nelson Turcios, MD?
Helped my son with his chronic coughing and wheezing. He's only 6 months it's been scary! Dr is quick to answer emails and very friendly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nelson Turcios, MD?
He has helped get my sons asthma under control where his previous Dr. couldn't. Always friendly and professional .
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nelson Turcios, MD?
My daughter have been treated for asthma and allergies for 3 years, but no medication would help with her cough. When I went to Dr Turcios office she had been coughing for 2 weeks with just little breaks. He was able to stop the cough on the first visit. She hasn't been coughing since then. It turned out her cough is due to stress and anxiety....over basically everything. What dr. Turcios did for us seems impossible....most compassionate and knowledgeable doctor I know.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nelson Turcios, MD?
Dr. Turcoos is the only pediatric pulmonologist that could get my son's asthma under control. Before seeing him, my son would be in the hospital every time the season changed no matter what medications the other doctors gave us. Dr. Turcios is caring and really spends time with you to make sure he understands the situation fully. The action plan is truly personalized (not a copy and paste for everyone) and immediately I've seen improvement. We have not been back to the hospital since!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nelson Turcios, MD?
Before seeing Dr. Turcios we had a hard time controlling my daughters Asthma, we were in the hospital almost every two weeks for what days at a time to the point where she was a regular in the PICU. After our first visit with Dr. Turico my daughter was 2, he designed an action plan that has controlled her asthma better than I could have expected. She is now 9, we still see Dr. Turcios for maintenance and control during the changing of the season and when she plays active sports.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nelson Turcios, MD?
Dr. Turcios is a true specialist in pediatric pulmonology and knows exactly how to treat my individual needs with asthma. Whenever I go to his office, I feel I am being thoroughly examined as he always performs lung function tests, and listens to your lungs- despite if it is a wellness exam. He makes personalized action plans for my asthma around my schedule. On top of his elite knowledge of medicine, his office is very welcoming and he is a genuine man who makes all of his patients feel welcome
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nelson Turcios, MD?
I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Nelson Turcios. He has a very good bedside manner and personality. He makes my 10 year old son very comfortable. He takes his time to explain what he's doing and what needs to be done on our end (he even makes sure my son understands). He is very well informed and educates us as well (added perk). I appreciate his professionalism, patience and the fact that he genuinely cares for his patients and wants what is best.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nelson Turcios, MD?
Dr. Turcios was recommended by my pediatrician who is the best. Dr. Turcios is a great pulmonologist, very knowledgeable and does not over medicate my children like their prior pulmonologist. He has a good beside manner that my children respond well to.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nelson Turcios, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Turcios?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Turcios treats patients.