Dr. Nelson A. Tajong, MD

Dr. Nelson A. Tajong, MD

Gastroenterology  |
50 reviews

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Anthem Blue Cross
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arkansas
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Delaware
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Indiana
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Pennsylvania

It is our mission at Lakeside Gastroenterology to provide quality care to all our patients in a warm and compassionate environment that results in patient satisfaction Our personalized approach does not stop with diagnosis and treatment it begins and continues with continuous patient communication and education Knowing more about your problem how to prevent it, how we would treat it, and how to live with it that is our mission.Read more

Dr. Tajong's Experience

See how Dr. Tajong's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Tajong

Dr. Tajong accepts 24 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Tajong has admitting privileges.

Dr. Tajong's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Tajong to family and friends
3.4
Dr. Tajong's Performance
in Lovelady, Texas |
I am 44 years old and lost my large intestine in 09 due to Crohn’s Disease. I have a J-Pouch and occasionally the pouch gets inflamed which requires a hospital stay and strong IV medications to fix it. Seven years ago, I met Dr. Tajong while in the hospital and since then he has been my GO TO Gastroenterologist. We have forged a great patient/doctor relationship that has kept me alive. He is able to maintain my health and keep me healthy for long periods of time. Highly recommend him!
Houston, TX |
Dr. Tajong is very nice but his staff is not professional. Because of his staff I would not recommend him to anyone.
in Spring, TX |
I was very impressed that they called me to tell me that my biopsy results were negative. Also they called me to confirm my appointment for the next day, and even though I know I did not make it easy when I was trying to schedule my procedure, the Medical assistant was very patient and willing to reschedule me. Wonderful doctor and staff
in Spring, TX |
I had called his office earlier with some issues and question and he actually called me back on the phone and spoke to me himself, I thought that was good. His staff are very sweet.
in Spring, TX |
Him and his staff are very caring. it was very easy to schedule my appointments. He listens to his patients. after seeing two other Gastroenterology he was the only one to give me advice that actually works for my disease
Spring, TX |
Dr, Tajong was nice, but pretty set in his diagnosis before seeing me for 10 min. He put me on meds for 2 months after making me wait a month to schedule any procedures, after no change in my condition he wanted me to "give it time". I had same symptoms going on for 6 months. Scheduled with different Dr. His staff (mainly receptionist) is horrible. Rude and lazy. Avoid if you can.
in Conroe, TX |
I had a very wonderful experience today. the staff and the doctor are very attentive and listen to the patient. The wait time was the shortest I have experienced in a long time. the Doctor was very helpful. Very professional staff and doctor.
in Houston, TX |
Made the entire procedure easy and painless. Great follow up and staff
in conroe texas |
dr tajong is a very good gastro doctor, but his staff was very rude to me when I called 10 days later to see if dr Tajong had the results of a biopsy , I was told on the 7th day that drnTajong was not in town to call back after Wednesday which I did on Thursday, and the staff lady that spoke to me was rude and hateful about giving me the answer, she did not get dr Tajong she just said very gruff, they were negatve and hung up on me, . Not sure that I will visit that facility again.
in Magnolia, TX |
Admitted to the hospital direct admit by the doctor. He came in 1 time in 4 day's of the admission and never came back. I was abandoned by my own doctor and left to be treated by family practice residents who hadn't a clue what to do. We all called his office in total about 15 times without a response and then to be discharged on the 4th day without his diagnosis and leaving hospital with the same awful abdominal pain. Family practice resident came in and said well I talked to the doctor finally
in Magnolia, TX |
Absolutely horrible. He admitted my wife into the hospital on Tuesday, was present for a test on Wednesday morning, and we never saw him again. She was released on Friday afternoon with the same pain she was admitted with and no real resolution. He couldn't even spare the time to come by for the discharge. My wife & I along with hospital staff tried to contact him more than a dozen times Wednesday & Thursday but calls were refused.
in Conroe, TX |
Dr Tajong is a very caring doctor, I have seen him about 3 times now and each time I go for my follow up appointment he takes his time to listen to me. and he always ask me if I have any questions. His staff is very friendly and informative. Everytime I have an appointment they call me the day before to confirm my appointment. also they always make sure to tell me to bring my current medications and any testing I may have had done. I think this is very good and helps the patients to remember.
Conroe, TX |
I went in for my first appointment with this Dr. after getting out of the hospital for pancreatitis. He barely gave me a chance to speak and then told me to take enzymes before every meal. I didn't get a chance to explain anything to him because he thought that my condition was brought on by alcohol. I hadn't had a drink in over 3 years and when I did drink, it was only social and maybe 2 drinks at most.
I was a new pt and nervous about my first appt. the time with the dr was brief, but informative. Scheduled my procedure and signed cancellation policy(cancel 48 hrs prior or $150 fee) I called a week prior for my responsibility, after being told someone would contact me. Nevertheless, I was informed someone would contact me Tues or Wed. Less than 48 hrs of procedure The lady was very short and I thought it was of poor business practice. Cancelled my appt
Have you seen Dr. Nelson A. Tajong, MD?
Are you Dr. Tajong?

Dr. Tajong's Care Philosophy

Dr. Tajong's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Gastroenterology
  •  Board certified in Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine

Dr. Tajong has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Tajong's Board Certifications

• Gallstones
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding
  • Viral Hepatitis
  • Vomiting Disorders

Temple University School of Medicine

Graduated in 2000

Dr. Tajong does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Tajong and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Gastroenterology

• Bile Duct Procedure
  • Capsule Endoscopy
  • Colon Cancer Screening
  • Colonoscopy With Polypectomy
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Gastroenterology Procedures