Dr. Neil Tanna, MD

Dr. Tanna
Telehealth services available

Northwell Health Physician Partners

1991 Marcus Ave Ste 102 New Hyde Park, NY 11042

Dr. Neil Tanna, MD is a Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialist in New Hyde Park, NY. Dr. Tanna has more experience with Breast Surgery and Reconstructive Surgery than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Glen Cove Hospital and Huntington Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Tanna to book an appointment.

Dr. Tanna's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Tanna

Dr. Tanna?
What People Say About Dr. Neil Tanna, MD
He and onco surgeon Dr. Kuncewitch together excised a very sizable growth from my back. Happily it turned out to be benign. Both doctors could not have been more helpful and caring... and effective. 6 weeks post-surgically my back scar is a barely noticeable thin line, an amazing surgical result. Dr. Tanna and his excellent staff (ditto Dr. Kuncewitch) have been amazingly responsive, caring and helpful.
Feb 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?
Dr Tanna is undeniably the best physician I have ever been treated by. His passion, commitment and dedication to His patients is awesome. Texts and calls to check on my progress are just part of his routine. He listens, he empathizes and responds in such a positive way. I feel comfortable and safe. Thank you Dr Tanna! The entire staff completes a superb “ patient first” team.
Annamaria Morgado – Feb 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?
I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Tanna. Caring, genuine, smart, and meticulous. An amazing doctor both in and out of the operating room.
Jan 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?
. Tanna is an amazing doctor. I had a breast reduction done and couldn’t be happier. He is so meticulous and confident in what he does. He’s very caring and listens to all of your concerns. He makes you feel comfortable and is very honest about what results can be achieved safely. I highly recommend Dr. Tanna. His assistant and staff is great too. Unrelated to my surgery, we came to him for a 4th consult for a deviated septum for my wife. The previous 3 ENT doctors all wanted to cut and charge $6,000 cash plus insurance payment. When we saw Dr. Tanna, he diagnosed her in less than 5 minutes with a serious medical condition. He told her that he thinks she has vasculitis. We went to a rheumatologist and she diagnosed her with vasculitis. The rheumatologist was very impressed that a plastic surgeon was able to diagnose it. Dr. Tanna said that if she would have had the deviated septum surgery, her nose could have died. We are very great full to have met Dr. Tanna.
Parisa Salem – Jan 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?
Dr. Tanna is a great surgeon. He is genuine, caring, and compassionate. He takes the time to listen to you as you speak. He makes you feel like your his only patient and that you matter. I was feeling very nervous, anxious, and fearful about my mastectomy and reconstruction surgery. I was still in shock that this was even happening to me. To my surprise, Dr. Tanna called to check on me and put my fears to rest the day before my surgery. He also gave me his number, where he can be reached directly, just in case I have any questions or concerns after surgery. The day of surgery he performed DIEP reconstruction of my breast and abdomen after a double mastectomy. I can honestly say, Dr. Tanna was sent to me by God. I am very pleased with his work. He gave me my body back and I feel like a brand new women. Dr. Tanna in a way rebuilt my body, as well as my confidence. He brought me back to pre baby body. I will be forever greatful. Thank you so much Dr. Tanna.
Kisha – Jan 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?
When I met Dr. Tanna for the first time he offered an optimistic and hopeful approach towards the rather frightful news that had just hit me. Dealing with breast cancer was a battle never fought. Dr Tanna and his team took all my questions and concerns seriously. He came up with suggestions and solutions. He offered them to me politely and without pressure. I felt carried by somebody who knew what would be best for me but I also experience a space which allowed me to make my own decisions. Dr. Tanna helped to educate and guide me. This made a big difference in my health journey and I am thankful for that.
Andrea Schimansky – Nov 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?
Doctor Tanna: My first impression was wow is this doctor for real. My first visit mind blowing, his whole demeanor professional brilliance yet down to earth, his confidence in what he could do for me. He listened, understood me explained how he can help me. He gave me options, drew illustrations assured me I was going to look the way I wanted to look. He got me, I didn’t want cancer to change me. Mind scars without visual. My fight, my way. He guided me through one of the toughest times of my life. He put me back together, I had reconstruction with implants. My body didn’t cooperate, so he had to redo my surgery 3x he figured out what to do & here I am perfect! He’s an artist & perfectionist. He listens to his patients he has compassion & truly is the best doctor I have ever had. Dr Tanna heard me & that’s what counts.Every trip from NJ is worth it, I know I’m getting the best advice and treatment available *Leaving MSK was the best decision I ever made. MSK = no choice, no voice.*
Pauline – Nov 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?
Where do I even start?! Dr. Tanna is hands down the most incredible physician I've ever had. From the minute I met him for a consultation, I knew that he would be my surgeon. He was calm and confident and actually took time to listen to me. Having never had surgery before, I was understandably nervous and had a million questions but Dr. Tanna never made me feel like he was too busy to answer them. He has a special way of making you feel like you're his only patient and that is hard to come by! My results are amazing - he has given me confidence that I never thought I would have. His genuine passion paired with his positive energy are just two things that make Dr. Tanna stand above the rest. No need to continue your search - Dr. Tanna is the one!!
Leah – Nov 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?
I recently had my eyelid lift done at his office and it was the best decision ever! Dr Tanna is truly one of a kind!! Since day 1, He respects what I have to say and engages in conversations showing interests, coming up with a plan of action that’s always what is best for me. Getting closer to 50 but not ready to do a facelift, I asked Dr Tanna what would work best on me without being notifiable. The results are so amazing!! I am seriously so happy I did it!! People keep telling me that I look amazing and I am actually the only one that knows why: all around my eyes it looks smooth and I enjoy now a more youthful appearance.
Elodie – Nov 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?
I'm so glad I did some research in my area and managed to find Dr. Neil Tanna who specializes in breast reconstruction. I can't imagine a better, more knowledgable, and more talented doctor to have handled my breast reconstruction. Having had a lumpectomy, fat transfer surgery was a great option to help fill in what the lumpectomy and radiation took away from my breast. He was able to bring me back to "normal" in just two surgeries (sometimes more are indicated) and I couldn't be happier with the results. Aside from his medical talents, he is a nice man with a wonderful bedside manner who made himself available to me via phone for any questions or concerns I might have before or after surgery. I couldn't have asked for a better surgeon and I highly recommend him!
Bonnie Trachtenberg – Nov 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?
The first time I met Dr Tanna, I knew right from the start he was the dr for me. He explained EVERYTHING to me and had the most amazing patiences with all my questions. I was diagnosed with BC 2018 and did BMX with another dr. I was not happy physically and emotionally. A friend of mine gave me his number. I looked him up right away. Well... his reviews said it all to me. As soon as I called to make an appt, they were so pleasant on the phone. Once I met Dr tanna he explained 3 different procedures to me and which one he thought was best and we were BOTH in an agreement with it. Fast Forward I am 10 weeks out and he gave me my life back. I can’t describe to you how much I feel me again before the diagnosis!! Any questions, any thoughts, any pain he called me back. No one else but him. I was HIS patience. That alone means a lot. I know I was in the best hands and I would highly recommend him to anyone. I’m beyond grateful that I found him.
Tracy – Nov 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?
Dr. Tanna and his staff gave me the utmost confidence during a most difficult time. His passion for excellent care is evident upon meeting him. He and his staff did not disappoint. They are an outstanding group of professionals.
Gail – Oct 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?
Receiving the news of cancer and then the course of treatment being a bilateral mastectomy was extremely terrifying. Upon meeting Dr. Tanna, I had such confidence in my decision. On our first meeting, Dr. Tanna appeared confident, knowledgeable and extremely skilled and passionate about his work. I feel so lucky to have been referred to Dr. Tanna. I am extremely grateful and impressed with the results of my reconstructive surgery. Dr. Tanna and his incredible and kind staff helped me walk the path of recovery and I am feeling great!
Oct 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?
I recently underwent Breast reduction surgery. For years I had neck, shoulder and back pain. Finally at the age of 56 I decided to have the surgery and it was the best thing I ever did. As for Dr. Tanna, I have worked in the health care field for many years and have encountered many physicians and can say that Dr Tanna is one of those rare Physicians who truly cares about the patient experience and is passionate about what he does. He was informative and explained everything in detail. I would highly recommend Dr. Tanna
Noreen Bock – Sep 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?
I recently had DIEP FLAP breast reconstruction by Dr. Tanna. It was one of the best decisions I have made in my life! 14 years ago I had a double mastectomy with expanders and silicone breast implants. Over those 14 years I had to have my implants replaced multiple times by different surgeons (my last being 7 years ago). This year, once again, I had capsular contracture and needed ANOTHER revision. Thank God I found Dr. Tanna! He explained that I was a candidate for the DIEP Flap. I am so happy I did it! I didn’t have natural looking or feeling breasts in 14 years! I used to wear prosthetic over my implants because I was self conscious about how they looked. Now, you would never know that they aren’t the breasts I was born with! Thank you to Dr. Tanna! He’s the best!!!
Sharon in Massapequa Park – Aug 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?
I am so unbelievably happy with my choice to have Dr. Tanna do my surgery. There are truly no amount of words to describe my gratitude and amazing experience. From the first consultation to three months after the surgery everything has been perfect. I had a breast reduction done due to severe back pain. During the consultation Dr Tanna listened to any questions I had and answered all of them perfectly. He made me feel so comfortable. He explained the procedure with me and what I'd expect after. It was something I was nervous about doing but once I left his office I was estatic and so confident with my decision. Up until the day of surgery he and his team Brittany and Katie made everything go so smoothly. They kept in touch with me and made sure I was well prepared. I've met a lot of doctors but no one was ever as truly caring as Dr Tanna and his team. Three months in and I feel amazing and my breasts look incredible! AMAZING EXPERIENCE!
Samantha Valila – Aug 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?
Dr. Tanna did an amazing job on my breast reduction! The recovery was so smooth and the team was always available if I had any questions. My scarring is so minimal and barely noticeable, I’m only 8 weeks post-op. I’m in love with the new me and my new and improved breast! My back pains are gone and my self confidence is back. I am so excited to see what the final results will be. Dr. Tanna gets straight to the point and in his consultations is very honest about results. I would definitely recommend Dr. Tanna to my family and friends or anyone considering Plastic Surgery.
Marcia C. – Jul 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?
Great Doctor !!!! My surgery was great, I got silicone implants removed, surgery went well and I went home in few hours and the best part, no pain .
Millie Gludau in Huntington , NY – Jun 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?
I went to Dr. Neil Tanna because I had problems with breathing through my nose due to a deviated septum. I went in for rhinoplasty/septoplasty surgery in April of 2019, and let me tell you Dr. Tanna is an excellent Doctor. When I first met Dr. Tanna he was very nice and welcoming. He told me about my problem and the exact procedures I need to solve the issue. He really cares for all his patients and he shows it because when I had a couple of questions before the surgery, he gave me a call to answer any last minute questions. Before the surgery I was kind of nervous but with Dr. Tanna I knew I was in good hands. After the surgery Dr. Tanna checked on me every 1-2 weeks for about a month and a half. He did a phenomenal job with the procedure and I couldn't be more thankful. Not only can I breath better through my nose but I also look better too thanks to Dr. Tanna . I would highly Recommend Dr. Tanna to anyone!
NY – Jun 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?
AMAZING. Dr. Tanna is a truly compassionate, caring, and skilled physician. My husband and I met him under less than ideal circumstances and were immediately at ease. He educated us, answered our questions, and allowed me time to process and reach a decision. He even followed up via phone to see if I had any other questions or if there was anything else I needed to make an informed choice. I chose to have a bilateral mastectomy with a DIEP procedure. I am 100% sure that I made the best decision and chose the best surgeons. His passion for his craft is evident in his patient interactions and in the team he has assembled. His office coordinated seamlessly with my other providers to ensure quality and timely care.
May 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Tanna?

I am a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with a passion for what I do. I stand by my results and have an unwavering commitment to my patients. My determination and desire to become a Plastic Surgeon largely developed from my encounters with a group of ...

• Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery