Dr. Neil Tanna, MD

Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery •  Male • Age 40

Telehealth services available

Northwell Health Physicn Prtnrs

130 E 77th St New York, NY 10075

Dr. Neil Tanna, MD is a Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialist in New York, NY. Dr. Tanna has more experience with Breast Surgery and Reconstructive Surgery than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Glen Cove Hospital and Huntington Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Tanna to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Tanna accepts

Dr. Tanna accepts the following insurance:

Blue Access (Select Network)-NY
MVP Health Care
Oxford Health Plans

No malpractice claims found for New York

Frequently Treated by Dr. Tanna

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Tanna treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Tanna treats other conditions, please contact the office at (212) 485-0095.

Breast Surgery

Breast surgery includes breast augmentation and breast reduction, which can be performed for cosmetic or medical reasons, as well as breast reconstruction following mastectomy.Compare with other Breast Surgery specialists.

Dr. Tanna typically treats 78% more often than similar doctors

High Frequency
Very High Frequency
Similar Providers

Reconstructive Surgery

Reconstructive surgery focuses on repairing and rebuilding damaged tissue caused by injury, disease, surgery or birth defects through procedures such as breast reconstruction, scar revision, gender confirmation surgery, and hand surgery.Compare with other Reconstructive Surgery specialists.

Dr. Tanna typically treats 68% more often than similar doctors

• Cosmetic Conditions
  • Deformities of Auricle or Pinna
  • Dermal Filler
  • Deviated Septum
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Ear Plastic Surgery (Otoplasty)
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • Lip, Excision or Resection
  • Liposuction
  • Nipple Fissure
  • Nipple Reconstruction
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Primary Cosmetic Rhinoplasty
  • Venous Sclerotherapy

Dr. Tanna's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Tanna

Dr. Tanna?
Dr Tanna is a wonderful surgeon. He performed a procedure on me that other doctors said I would not be a candidate for, and he did a fantastic job! He is a perfectionist and makes sure every detail is perfect. I had a lot of questions, and he was very generous with his time to answer all of them and put me at ease. Katie, his PA, is also wonderful! And Britany and the office staff are very accommodating and sweet. I feel fortunate to have found him and give him the highest of recommendations!
Joy G – Nov 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?
When you walk into the office, the receptionist is warm & welcoming. Dr Tanna is so friendly,I immediately relaxed. I went to talk about breast reconstruction surgery after breast cancer. Dr Tanna explained my options in a clear & conscice way. I'm comfortable making a decision now. I would recommend Dr Tanna to anyone considering plastic surgery.
Oct 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?
I had a lipoma roughly 6cm located in my cheek/neck area near the parotid gland and jugular. Under normal circumstances this would have been a relatively easy surgery, however, the location of the lipoma made it somewhat complex. When I first met Dr. Tanna he referred me to a head and neck specialist to remove the lipoma itself, he would close and make it look good. The fact that Dr. Tanna brought in another expert because of the complexity of this surgery gained instant credibility with me. Dr. Tanna is one incredible surgeon. I can't thank him enough for the solid guidance and advice, as well as leaving little to no scar. Everything from our consultation to the actual surgery was executed with precision and professionalism. Btw, his team is amazing from Brittany to the PA's, I just can’t thank him enough. I am incredibly grateful.
Neil Smullian – Oct 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?
Absolutely amazing experience with Dr. Tanna and his entire staff. He is kind, thorough and passionate about his patient’s and truly loves what he does.
Jenn – Oct 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?
I have worked in healthcare for several years and have dealt with thousands of healthcare practitioners and physicians. Dr. Tanna is simply the best of the best. I had a lipoma in my back for 7 years and my dermatologist recommended I see a plastic surgeon for removal as the lipoma was deep into my back and pretty large. I had seen good reviews of Dr. Tanna online and thought I’d give him a try. I was immediately impressed by the professionalism of his staff and beautiful office space. But honestly, the patient care is what sets him apart. Dr. Tanna has an incredible bedside manner, is easy to talk to and explains everything in simple terms that was easy for me to understand. Plus, he is exceptional at what he does- I’m 6 weeks post-op and could not be happier with how the surgery went and how my scar is looking already (and I know it’s only going to get better). Also, the incision is smaller than I thought it was going to be.
Stefani – Oct 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?
It was one year journey with Dr. Tanna and his amazing team. From the minute I meet him I knew I'm in the right place and a good ,not just good An Amazing hands! I'm so happy with the results ,I had double mastectomy with reconstruction thanks God it was just preventative because I'm BRCA1 carrier ,but it was scary , and we did it!!!!! I can't thank you enough for everything !!! I look at myself in the mirror and I'm Beautiful!!! Thank you for give me myself back!!!!
Nina Patino – Sep 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?
Dr. Neil Tanna is a very caring doctor. He has helped me with providing me assisting me in getting the help that has been long needed from himself an doctors. Looking forward to seeing him in the future. He will be the only doctor that I trust to be in his care after any procedure. Your the best!!
Be. C – Sep 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?
He and onco surgeon Dr. Kuncewitch together excised a very sizable growth from my back. Happily it turned out to be benign. Both doctors could not have been more helpful and caring... and effective. 6 weeks post-surgically my back scar is a barely noticeable thin line, an amazing surgical result. Dr. Tanna and his excellent staff (ditto Dr. Kuncewitch) have been amazingly responsive, caring and helpful.
Feb 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?
Dr Tanna is undeniably the best physician I have ever been treated by. His passion, commitment and dedication to His patients is awesome. Texts and calls to check on my progress are just part of his routine. He listens, he empathizes and responds in such a positive way. I feel comfortable and safe. Thank you Dr Tanna! The entire staff completes a superb “ patient first” team.
Annamaria Morgado – Feb 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?
I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Tanna. Caring, genuine, smart, and meticulous. An amazing doctor both in and out of the operating room.
Jan 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?
. Tanna is an amazing doctor. I had a breast reduction done and couldn’t be happier. He is so meticulous and confident in what he does. He’s very caring and listens to all of your concerns. He makes you feel comfortable and is very honest about what results can be achieved safely. I highly recommend Dr. Tanna. His assistant and staff is great too. Unrelated to my surgery, we came to him for a 4th consult for a deviated septum for my wife. The previous 3 ENT doctors all wanted to cut and charge $6,000 cash plus insurance payment. When we saw Dr. Tanna, he diagnosed her in less than 5 minutes with a serious medical condition. He told her that he thinks she has vasculitis. We went to a rheumatologist and she diagnosed her with vasculitis. The rheumatologist was very impressed that a plastic surgeon was able to diagnose it. Dr. Tanna said that if she would have had the deviated septum surgery, her nose could have died. We are very great full to have met Dr. Tanna.
Parisa Salem – Jan 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?
Dr. Tanna is a great surgeon. He is genuine, caring, and compassionate. He takes the time to listen to you as you speak. He makes you feel like your his only patient and that you matter. I was feeling very nervous, anxious, and fearful about my mastectomy and reconstruction surgery. I was still in shock that this was even happening to me. To my surprise, Dr. Tanna called to check on me and put my fears to rest the day before my surgery. He also gave me his number, where he can be reached directly, just in case I have any questions or concerns after surgery. The day of surgery he performed DIEP reconstruction of my breast and abdomen after a double mastectomy. I can honestly say, Dr. Tanna was sent to me by God. I am very pleased with his work. He gave me my body back and I feel like a brand new women. Dr. Tanna in a way rebuilt my body, as well as my confidence. He brought me back to pre baby body. I will be forever greatful. Thank you so much Dr. Tanna.
Kisha – Jan 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?
When I met Dr. Tanna for the first time he offered an optimistic and hopeful approach towards the rather frightful news that had just hit me. Dealing with breast cancer was a battle never fought. Dr Tanna and his team took all my questions and concerns seriously. He came up with suggestions and solutions. He offered them to me politely and without pressure. I felt carried by somebody who knew what would be best for me but I also experience a space which allowed me to make my own decisions. Dr. Tanna helped to educate and guide me. This made a big difference in my health journey and I am thankful for that.
Andrea Schimansky – Nov 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?
Doctor Tanna: My first impression was wow is this doctor for real. My first visit mind blowing, his whole demeanor professional brilliance yet down to earth, his confidence in what he could do for me. He listened, understood me explained how he can help me. He gave me options, drew illustrations assured me I was going to look the way I wanted to look. He got me, I didn’t want cancer to change me. Mind scars without visual. My fight, my way. He guided me through one of the toughest times of my life. He put me back together, I had reconstruction with implants. My body didn’t cooperate, so he had to redo my surgery 3x he figured out what to do & here I am perfect! He’s an artist & perfectionist. He listens to his patients he has compassion & truly is the best doctor I have ever had. Dr Tanna heard me & that’s what counts.Every trip from NJ is worth it, I know I’m getting the best advice and treatment available *Leaving MSK was the best decision I ever made. MSK = no choice, no voice.*
Pauline – Nov 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?
Where do I even start?! Dr. Tanna is hands down the most incredible physician I've ever had. From the minute I met him for a consultation, I knew that he would be my surgeon. He was calm and confident and actually took time to listen to me. Having never had surgery before, I was understandably nervous and had a million questions but Dr. Tanna never made me feel like he was too busy to answer them. He has a special way of making you feel like you're his only patient and that is hard to come by! My results are amazing - he has given me confidence that I never thought I would have. His genuine passion paired with his positive energy are just two things that make Dr. Tanna stand above the rest. No need to continue your search - Dr. Tanna is the one!!
Leah – Nov 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?
I recently had my eyelid lift done at his office and it was the best decision ever! Dr Tanna is truly one of a kind!! Since day 1, He respects what I have to say and engages in conversations showing interests, coming up with a plan of action that’s always what is best for me. Getting closer to 50 but not ready to do a facelift, I asked Dr Tanna what would work best on me without being notifiable. The results are so amazing!! I am seriously so happy I did it!! People keep telling me that I look amazing and I am actually the only one that knows why: all around my eyes it looks smooth and I enjoy now a more youthful appearance.
Elodie – Nov 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?
I'm so glad I did some research in my area and managed to find Dr. Neil Tanna who specializes in breast reconstruction. I can't imagine a better, more knowledgable, and more talented doctor to have handled my breast reconstruction. Having had a lumpectomy, fat transfer surgery was a great option to help fill in what the lumpectomy and radiation took away from my breast. He was able to bring me back to "normal" in just two surgeries (sometimes more are indicated) and I couldn't be happier with the results. Aside from his medical talents, he is a nice man with a wonderful bedside manner who made himself available to me via phone for any questions or concerns I might have before or after surgery. I couldn't have asked for a better surgeon and I highly recommend him!
Bonnie Trachtenberg – Nov 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?
The first time I met Dr Tanna, I knew right from the start he was the dr for me. He explained EVERYTHING to me and had the most amazing patiences with all my questions. I was diagnosed with BC 2018 and did BMX with another dr. I was not happy physically and emotionally. A friend of mine gave me his number. I looked him up right away. Well... his reviews said it all to me. As soon as I called to make an appt, they were so pleasant on the phone. Once I met Dr tanna he explained 3 different procedures to me and which one he thought was best and we were BOTH in an agreement with it. Fast Forward I am 10 weeks out and he gave me my life back. I can’t describe to you how much I feel me again before the diagnosis!! Any questions, any thoughts, any pain he called me back. No one else but him. I was HIS patience. That alone means a lot. I know I was in the best hands and I would highly recommend him to anyone. I’m beyond grateful that I found him.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Tracy – Nov 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?
Dr. Tanna and his staff gave me the utmost confidence during a most difficult time. His passion for excellent care is evident upon meeting him. He and his staff did not disappoint. They are an outstanding group of professionals.
Gail – Oct 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?
Receiving the news of cancer and then the course of treatment being a bilateral mastectomy was extremely terrifying. Upon meeting Dr. Tanna, I had such confidence in my decision. On our first meeting, Dr. Tanna appeared confident, knowledgeable and extremely skilled and passionate about his work. I feel so lucky to have been referred to Dr. Tanna. I am extremely grateful and impressed with the results of my reconstructive surgery. Dr. Tanna and his incredible and kind staff helped me walk the path of recovery and I am feeling great!
Oct 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Tanna?

Dr. Neil Tanna is a Double Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon with a practice focused on cosmetic and reconstructive surgery of the face and breast. Dr. Tanna...Read more

Dr. Neil Tanna is a Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with clinical interest in cosmetic and reconstructive surgery of the...Read more

• Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery