Dr. Neil Tanna, MD

Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive SurgeryMaleAge 41

Dr. Tanna
Telehealth services available

Northwell Health Physician Partners Plastic Surgery at Great Neck, 600 Northern Boulevard

600 Northern Blvd Ste 309 Great Neck, NY 11021

Dr. Neil Tanna, MD is a Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialist in Great Neck, NY. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Glen Cove Hospital and Huntington Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Tanna to book an appointment.

Dr. Tanna's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Tanna

Dr. Tanna

Not only family and friends. I would recommend Dr. Tanna to anyone who is looking for a caring dr. His bedside manner is great, and his team is caring and on top of everything (insurance approvals, dates for testing, dates for surgery, they follow-up consistently and they keep you in the "loop" at all times.) I have other health issues and I had concerns about the surgery (I can't lie flat for long periods.) Dr. Tanna was familiar with my issue and he put me at ease during the first appointment and again right before surgery. I needed to have a mass removed from the top of my scalp, and he did a fantastic job. There are no bumps or dips. Hair loss is minimal. I didn't even need the prescribed painkillers. He surprised me when he called me the day after surgery to check on me! If you're looking for a great dr and team that will be on top of your care, look no further.
Jonas Estevan – Nov 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?
Had a large cyst removed from my back by Dr. Tanna. He was fabulous to work with, made me feel at ease from the first appointment and through the surgery. His staff was also excellent - very responsive and professional. So happy my dermatologist recommended me to him.
Oct 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?
I went in for breast augmentation, I did my research ahead of time and was a little nervous since it is a big surgery. This is something I've wanted since I was a teenager and I'm truly happy with the results. Everything healed and came out amazing and Dr. Tanna gave me exactly what I wanted and asked for. It did take some time to heal of course but im feeling and looking so much better and I truly would recommend Dr. Tanna to anyone. Also the staff is amazing as well! Thank you guys so much!!!
Oct 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?
Bears no trace of his training. Asks his patient where to place sutures to adjust a displaced breast envelop. Displacement is inevitable with breast augmentation and so too the need to replace breast implants. Doesn't do this cosmetic work, only will insert an implant for enlargement. Will replace implants only if inserted as a result of cancer so a patient can’t return to him when cosmetic surgery fails. His training included pocket adjustment but he didn’t learn and isn’t interested. Gives impression of caring as his admitted formula to produce positive reviews. He removed breast revision photo gallery from his website to make it less misleading, but the eliminated photos are in another gallery & the removal falls short of update needed. Told me it’s impossible & if possible, unknown to him, how to achieve cosmetic results in his own gallery. Those training under him need add'l training. He’s on a team for cancer-based breast reconstruction so lack of detail is less impactful.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Sep 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?
Dr. Neil Tanna is one of the most caring, well-trained, knowledgeable, and professional doctors I have ever had! From day one, him and Katie were so patient with me and what I wanted as an end result. They have the best bedside manner. He took his time to explain the process. I had breast augmentation surgery. Not only are my results amazing and natural looking, but better than what I expected. Dr. Tanna is still there for me every step of the way, making sure my recovery is going well. I could not be happier with my implants and would recommend him to everyone. I now look in the mirror and couldn't be happier. Thank you Dr. Tanna for everything! He is a great man and I am forever grateful for how he changed my life.
Sep 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?
had DIEP reconstruction after a double mastectomy. I was so scared after receiving my cancer diagnosis, and Dr. Tanna really calmed my nerves. He answered all my questions and explained everything he would do in detail and in a way I would understand. He even called me on weekends and late at night after getting out of surgery if I left a message. He is a very talented and knowledgeable surgeon and an amazing human being. His staff is also so sweet, helpful and caring. Katie and Brittany are terrific. I would call a lot with a question or concern and apologize for bothering them, and they were always so kind and always made me feel important. I Highly recommend and I truly thank them for everything they’ve done for me.
Bonnie Felitti – Sep 10, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?
Dr. Tanna is everything you would want in a surgeon. His work is impeccable. Dr. Tanna takes the time to answer all questions with care. He explains everything so clearly and thoughtfully. The communication through Dr. Tanna and his staff is outstanding. I'm 100% thrilled with Dr. Tanna's work.
Aug 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?
I was thrilled at the final results from my surgery with Dr. Tanna. He and his associates took time to prepare me for the procedure and follow-up care. He accommodated me by having follow-up appointments closer to my home, and was always available to answer questions. I would recommend his services highly.
Nancy Hodson – Aug 17, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?
Just want to say thank you to Dr. Tanna for his tremendous skill in performing my operation.
Sharon Johnson Cole – Aug 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?
I truly don't even know where to begin. Dr. Tanna and his entire team are the most caring, truthful medical professionals I have ever encountered. His bedside manner is simply unmatched. Dr. Tanna performed a total capsulectomy removal of my breast implants, as they were negatively impacting my health. To say I was anxious and scared would be an understatement. Leading up to the procedure, Dr. Tanna, Katie and Brittany were always there to answer my questions and ease my worries. Brittany took time out of her busy schedule to speak with me many times and make sure every question was answered thoroughly. Dr .Tanna even took the time to connect me with the Chief of Anesthesia so that I could speak with him directly regarding my concerns. They all went above and beyond (including anesthesia - Dr. Campese was amazing!!). As for the actual surgery, I couldn't have been in better hands. Dr. Tanna is an expert and the results far exceeded my expectations! Post-op I was very nervous, and in
Gabrielle – Aug 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?
Can't recommend. He's so energetic & fanciful it's easy to get pulled into his unreality. I did. If he perceives complexity, his lack of confidence takes over. Best to ask no questions about a procedure. Simply inquiring about an aesthetic improvement, that could be answered in the negative as matters of fact & education, & readily accepted as such, invokes issues of inadequacy that halt him in his tracks. Leaves patients without treatment that he best could provide if he fears imperfection even when the patient assures him what he discussed would exceed her expectations. The outcome of seeing him is too doubtful to rely on or justify a wait if treatment is compelling & there's an alternative. His perfect website doesn't reflect his practice. His breast revision section is "super" misleading. Actually claims to correct asymmetry. My breasts are less than 2 cm different. That's too complex. Can do 5 OR cases/day if simple enough. Add'l detrimental consequences to scheduling a consult.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
May 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?
After being diagnosed with bilateral breast cancer I had to decide on the best treatment options for me. After meeting with Dr Tanna, I chose deip flap reconstruction. I guess I was lucky to have found such a wonderful Doctor and his staff. From the first appointment, I was treated as a person not just a patient. Dr Tanna always took the time to explain everything and was totally reassuring with his confidence and knowledge. Dr Tanna, Katie and Brittany were always available to answer any questions or concerns. They also checked in on me on weekends and evenings to my surprise. I couldn’t be more pleased with my results and would recommend Dr Tanna to everyone.
Maria – May 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?
Dr. Tanna is a remarkable and compassionate surgeon who treated me and is still treating me more than a year after my devastating breast cancer diagnosis. He performed two extensive surgeries that helped me to look and feel like myself again. Even beyond his tremendous surgical skills, Dr. Tanna has seen me numerous times throughout the long physical and emotional recovery that follows these surgeries. I can't thank him enough and highly recommend him.
May 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?
Once I made the decision to move forward with getting a tummy tuck, choosing Dr. Tanna to perform my surgery was by far the easiest part of the journey. He is informative, honest, and meticulously thorough. He walked me through each step of the process in a way that made me feel completely comfortable and at ease. I knew I was in the best hands and there is no doubt that I made the right choice. The results were beyond my expectations - physically, mentally, and emotionally. I would do it all over again in a heartbeat and would send anyone I know his way with complete confidence. Thank you Dr. Tanna!
Melissa – Apr 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?
I went to Dr. Tanna for a lip biopsy. There was a brown spot that my dermatologist wanted tested after a cancer screening. Since this procedure is different from a mole biopsy, she suggested I see a plastic surgeon. I was so impressed with Dr. Tanna's surgical skills and overall patient care. The procedure for a lip biopsy involves cutting deep into the tissue and removing that portion of tissue under the brown spot. I had 6 stitches in my lip. It healed quickly and within weeks the scar went away. Would definitely recommend!! Easy to make an appointment and almost no wait time.
Nicole – Apr 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?
Brilliant surgeon and an amazing guy! Master of his craft and a true artist. Spends quality time with you, makes himself available to you as well as his staff. %100 confidence in him, nicest and most talented doctors I have ever met.
Apr 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?
Dr. Tanna is, in a word, superb! He is a brilliant surgeon, a trustworthy, compassionate person, and a dedicated, caring doctor. Dr. Tanna was generous with his time in explaining the details of the procedure and patiently repeated any aspect about which I then inquired. Surgical Scheduler, Brittany, and Physician Assistant, Katie, graciously and promptly replied to all of my endless questions and concerns. I am truly grateful to have had their support during a stressful time. Dr. Tanna’s joy in doing work that he loves is apparent in attitude and actions. I feel blessed to have found him for my procedure. Besides his surgical skills, he is a gifted artist and the esthetic results of my medically-necessitated breast reduction far exceeded my expectations. I feel much better, and as an added bonus, now also look much better! I have the deepest admiration and appreciation for Dr. Tanna and he has set a new standard by which all of my physicians will be measured.
Karen – Mar 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?
I think that Dr Tanna I great at his profession he's compassionate ,caring and loving he listing and hear you he wouldn't walk away without answering all your questions
Maryse Louis – Feb 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?
Dr. Tanna is an absolutely amazing surgeon. I'd been considering otoplasty for many years and finally decided to schedule a consult. Dr. Tanna took the time to thoroughly explain the surgery itself and was able to set realistic expectations. I've worked with various physicians for over a decade and Dr. Tanna is one of the most down to earth surgeons you'll ever meet. He does beautiful work and treats his patients with the utmost respect. His office is run efficiently and his staff are excellent. I would highly recommend Dr. Tanna to anyone considering this procedure.
Jan 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?
When I was diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of the 38, it was necessary to have surgery. Because of my age, I chose to have a bilateral mastectomy with DIEP flap. Dr. Tanna is the ultimate perfectionist with the most wonderful bedside manner. He is confident, well-informed, and a pioneer in breast reconstruction surgery. His work is flawless. I am proud to look at myself in the mirror. His whole team goes above and beyond. They are always there to answer any questions that arise.
Dec 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Tanna?

Dr. Neil Tanna is a Double Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon with a practice focused on cosmetic and reconstructive surgery of the face and breast. Dr. Tanna...Read more

Dr. Neil Tanna is a Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with clinical interest in cosmetic and reconstructive surgery of the...Read more

• Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery