Dr. Neil Tanna, MD

Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive SurgeryMaleAge 42

Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery

Dr. Neil Tanna, MD is a Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialist in New Hyde Park, NY. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Glen Cove Hospital and Huntington Hospital. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Neil Tanna, MD

Northwell Health Physician Partners Plastic Surgery at Lake Success

1991 Marcus Ave Ste 102 New Hyde Park, NY 11042

Dr. Tanna's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Tanna

definitely
staff was friendly, i felt very comfortable, efficient
Nov 20, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?
Double mastectomy with DIEP Flap (BRCA 2 mutation)
Dr. Tanna and his staff are amazing. I am forever grateful for the care and support that I received. I would recommend Dr. Tanna to anyone who is looking for a kind, compassionate and brilliant Reconstructive Surgeon. His hilarious and charismatic demeanor is what's needed when going through a life changing experience. To make a long story short, Dr. Tanna is simply "The Best".
Oct 22, 2022
My Favorite Doctor
Dr. Tanna is one of the most genuine doctors I have had the pleasure meet with. He was truly concerned about all aspects of my health and the support I needed before, during, and after my procedure. Having a double mastectomy with diep flap reconstruction is a process, one that he did not take lightly. The planning, the procedure and the after care were all carefully thought through and individualized. Dr. Tanna takes tremendous pride in his work, but it is not about him, it's about the patient. He wants you to be extremely happy with your outcome. His compassion for those going through a procedure like mine is very evident in his conversations. He wants to save lives while keeping you "whole" both inside and out. I have nothing but GREAT things to say about Dr. Tanna and his staff. He is incredibly professional, very accessible, and undoubtedly the most warmhearted doctor I have had the pleasure of knowing. Thank you Dr. Tanna!
Oct 22, 2022
Breast Augmentation
Dr. Tanna’s bedside manners should be the gold standard for all healthcare professionals. He is thorough at explaining the procedure and processes involved in layman’s terms. He is patient and a great listener; you never feel awkward or rushed to ask questions. He is also realistic, honest and safe in his practice and will guide you in the individualized decision making process to what is best for you and your body. His surgical technique is unparalleled. Working in a hospital, I have seen many post-surgical wounds/sutures/scarring. My incisions are perfect! The consultation process was truly an informative process and by the end of it I can honestly say I had zero hesitation or concerns. The process involved a physical consultation to go over surgical options/general procedure, physical sizers as well as Vectra 3D imaging. I can confidently say there is no discrepancy between how I expected to look from these consultation appointments and how I currently look post-operatively.
LC27 – Oct 19, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?
Greatest surgeon you will find!
When I decided that I wanted to get a breast reduction. I was excited but also so nervous after years of being uncomfortable with the size of my breasts. I started the search for a physician to help me through this. Dr. Tanna and his whole team, we’re the nicest people! They all made me feel so comfortable from the minute I walked into the office. There was no question that Dr. Tanna was the one I wanted to help me. Dr. Tanna helped me get to a size that has given me more self-confidence and a comfort level that will help me do the activities I enjoy so much! The office staff was great and so helpful . They made the arrangements for this really simple. The morning of the procedure, I was nervous of course, but Dr. Tanna made me feel good about the decision to have a breast reduction. During the healing after the surgery, Dr. Tanna, Katie and Erin have been amazing. They helped me every step of the way. They were always accessible if I needed anything and always so fast in response
Aug 24, 2022
Highly recommend
Dr. Tanna and his team are professional, personable and attentive. They were always available whenever I had any questions or concerns from my first consultation through post-op. The entire process (consultation, insurance approval, making appointments, surgery, recovery, etc.) was smooth and I’m thrilled with my results. I highly recommend Dr. Tanna and his team.
Kristin – Aug 07, 2022
Amazing Surgeon
I can’t say enough amazing things about Dr. Tanna. From start to finish I knew I made the right choice in surgeon. He performed a breast reduction as well as excision of axillary breast tissue and my results are nothing short of amazing. In addition to his great surgical skills he has the best bed side manner as does his staff. I couldn’t he happier with the whole experience.
Meredith – Jul 30, 2022
Truly Amazing Dr.!
I met Dr. Neil Tanna in 2020 when I was diagnosed as a high risk patient for breast cancer. I do a ton of research and interviewing of all my Drs. and after a few consults with other Drs. I absolutely knew Dr. Tanna was the perfect choice for me; he is thorough with his explanations, caring which is important, skilled in microsurgery, and a true perfectonist. I chose to go with the hybrid diep flap surgery, and could not be more thrilled with how everything went. I needed 3 surgeries, and all went smoothly with no complications. Dr. Tanna and I also discussed Nerve Resensation and I am so happy that we went with this option. I actually have sensation in my breasts; although not the exact same as before, but enough that they feel like my own breasts. I highly recommend Dr. Tanna. After the 1st visit with him, you will see why.....trust me!!!
Kim Reddy – May 15, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?
Happy with my breast reduction
I’ve had a wonderful experience with Dr. Tanna and I would recommend him to anyone considering this procedure. I met with Dr. Tanna for my first breast reduction consultation in August of 2021. My insurance initially gave some issues but his office worked with my insurance to make sure that the procedure would be covered. My surgery was done on February 10th. I was so nervous since this was going to be my first major surgery. Dr. Tanna was wonderful throughout. He called me before surgery and eased my nerves. The day of surgery, he talked me through what he was going to do, and marked my breasts. I went into the surgery room and the next thing I knew I was waking up. The procedure I’ve waited years for, was finally done! Dr. Tanna really made me feel more at ease before surgery and afterwards and I immediately enjoyed my results! My last appointment with him was this past week and as I reflect, I am so lucky to have had this experience with him. I love my breasts.
Jeannette Menos – May 10, 2022
Facelift surgery
After having breast reduction surgery with Dr. Tanna in 2020 and the BEST results, I decided to proceed one year later with facelift surgery. Once again, the surgery went amazingly well, and I am THRILLED with the results! Dr. Tanna is an extremely knowledgeable, skilled , caring and compassionate surgeon. He is FAR ABOVE the rest and truly does care about every single patient. Every interaction with the team was pleasant and professional. I am beyond grateful.
Corinne – May 09, 2022
Breast Reduction
Dr. Tanna and staff are excellent. He takes care of explaining the procedure, care and expectations for recovery, which was better than expected. I was off work for a week, but did not have any pain, just some discomfort due to the drains. Never had any pain. Visiting the office is always a pleasure, I am always in and out and the staff is very attentive. I’m very satisfied with Dr. Tanna’s work! This breast reduction has been life changing! I’m able to wear clothes more comfortable. 3 months post surgery and I am in a really happy with the results. Buying clothes, bathing suits and bras is a whole new experience. This is a surgery you will not regret! At 46 years old, I can finally wear spaghetti straps, strapless or even backless clothes.
Celenia – May 09, 2022
Amazing Surgeon!
I went in for breast reduction/lift, I did my research ahead of time before visiting Dr. Tanna and was a little nervous at first but Dr. Tanna put me to ease. After having 3 children this is something I wanted/needed and I am I'm truly happy with the results. Everything healed and came out better than I had expected. Dr. Tanna and his team are amazing and always available to answer any questions or concerns. They also take their time to prep you prior to the surgery. I would highly recommend Dr. Tanna to anyone.!!!
Apr 26, 2022
Breast implant Removal
In my late 20’s, I decided to get saline breast implants after breastfeeding both of my children. Unfortunately, in my breast management care, I failed to see a plastic surgeon for check-ups. In the 22nd year, I began experiencing extreme breast soreness, rippling as well as hardening. I immediately began my research to find a plastic surgeon, with “tested” experience and found Dr. Tanna. Upon my first appointment, Dr. Tanna determined I had grade 4 capsular contracture. He carefully listened to my revision goal and shared various surgical options. Dr. Tanna’s compassionate guidance, genuine warmth and commitment to excellence gave me the courage to choose a breast implant removal with capsulectomy and no breast augmentation replacement. Four months later, I'm following my scar management regimen and he continues to assess my mental health to ensure I am adjusting to my new physical appearance. I will continue to consult with Dr. Tanna for all my future plastic surgical needs.
Woman Mid-50's Revisionary Surgery – Apr 25, 2022
Thanks Dr. Tanna
Fifteen years ago I underwent DIEP Flap surgery. The reconstruction was a complete success and I am thrilled with the results. Years later, my trusted surgeon retired and he HIGHLY recommended that I see Dr. Neil Tanna for my annual follow-up exams. While known to be an expert plastic surgeon, I have found Dr. Tanna to be dedicated, compassionate and extremely patient. His friendly demeanor never fails to put me at ease. Dr. Tanna is a rare find!
Barbara S. – Apr 11, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?
I had a breast reduction in March of 2021 with Dr Neil Tanna. I must say I’m very happy with the outcome. When I first walked into his office for the very first time I didn’t know what to expect. I was extremely nervous. I had my doubts because I felt I was to old, sixty eight to be exact. After speaking with him he made me feel very comfortable answered all of my questions and concerns. His staff Katie and Brittany were also amazing to me. Dr Tanna is a top surgeon with exceptional skills. I would highly recommend him to family and friends . Thank you again Dr Tanna.
Susan, New Hyde Park, NY – Apr 05, 2022
10 out of 10
Dr. Tanna is the best of the best! From cosmetic injections to surgeries, he treats every case and every patient with respect, compassion and confidence. I have been to him both as a patient and as a support person and Dr. Tanna is thorough and eliminates all fears and anxieties one may have about their upcoming procedure. His work is impeccable. His office staff is also just as respectful and precise. It takes a village and they are certainly operating efficiently at his practice. I have recommended Dr. Tanna to my closest family and friends and will continue to do so!
Katie P – Mar 30, 2022
A gem of a surgeon
I had a ruptured implant and needed a blepharoplasty due to excess skin on my eyelids. I was told that Dr. Tanna is amazing by a very trusted colleague. Dr. Tanna removed my implants and gave me a breast lift and also the needed blepharoplasty. I am a nurse and as a nurse, I feel its most important to truly care about your patients and that is exactly what Dr. Tanna and is team made me feel, truly cared for. Dr. Tanna explains everything so clearly and will answer any questions with pleasure. He is a true gem as a surgeon. I could not be happier with choosing Dr. Tanna as my results are beautiful. When my implant became ruptured it was very upsetting but so glad I found Dr. Tanna to help me be my natural self again. I could not be more thankful to the amazing experience I received from Dr. Tanna and his team.
Elizabeth L. – Mar 28, 2022
Exceptional Doctor and Person
Dr. Tanna removed a lipoma from my back. From my first appointment to my last, he explained every step of the process with great detail and care. The way he goes through things gave me the utmost confidence in having him perform my surgery. It was a wonderful experience throughout and I would highly recommend Dr. Tanna to anyone.
Michael P – Mar 25, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?
I had an amazing experience with my breast reduction with Dr. Tanna, Katie (PA), and Brittany the receptionist. From the first time meeting I felt very reassured by Dr. Tanna and at ease. Brittany was so considerate and always responding to my tedious questions over email, even before my surgery was approved by my insurance. In the first two weeks of my recovery, I was worried about a possible infection and Katie and Dr Tanna were very kind and helpful over the phone and email to quickly figure out what was going on. I have already recommended Dr Tanna for breast reduction to multiple people. This surgery has been one of the best decisions I have ever made for myself, and I don't know if I would say the same if it wasn't for Dr. Tanna and Katie. My results look and feel amazing, and my scars are looking great only 6 months later. His before and afters really speak for themselves, too. I highly recommend Dr. Tanna!
Allison – Dec 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?
I am 4 weeks post-op bilateral mastectomy with DIEP flap reconstruction and feeling better each week. I am so grateful to Dr. Tanna and Dr. Fana for taking exceptional care of me. Their teams of PA, NPs, coordinators, reception and all of their staff were exceptional. I am a Physical Therapist for Northwell Health and I recently started doing breast cancer rehab and quickly realized how amazing these women/warriors are and loved treating them. Who would have ever thought that only a couple months later I would be diagnosed with breast cancer! Fortunately, I was being trained by our supervisor PT for Northwell's Breast Cancer Rehab who recommended that I see Dr. Neil Tanna and Dr. Melissa Fana. TEAM FANNA/TANA are the best! I am so grateful for their knowledge, expertise, dedication, and compassion. From my first encounter with these amazing surgeons, I fully trusted that I was in very special hands. I look forward to continue working with Dr. Tanna and Dr. Fana during my recovery!
Elizabeth Speed – Dec 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Tanna, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Tanna?