Dr. Neil Shmunes, MD

Ophthalmology | Male

Dr. Neil Shmunes, MD
Dr. Neil Shmunes, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Jacksonville, FL. He is 66 years old and has been practicing for 36 years. Dr. Shmunes is affiliated with Baptist Medical Center Beaches.

Dr. Shmunes' Experience

See how Dr. Shmunes' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Shmunes

Dr. Shmunes accepts 19 insurance carriers

Dr. Shmunes is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Shmunes has admitting privileges.

Dr. Shmunes' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shmunes to family and friends
Dr. Shmunes' Performance
in Jacksonville, FL |
Dr. Shmunes made me feel like I was family. He was very informative about my Lasik procedure before and after the surgery and his team made me feel very comfortable. Savannah (his assistant) is very patient and kind. I would recommend Dr. Shmunes to anyone who is discerning Lasik.
Neptune Beach, FL |
Dr. Shmunes is excellent and truly cares for his patients.
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL |
Dr. Shmunes is a spectacular ophthalmologist. His office went above and beyond both before and after my PRK surgery. Not only am I thrilled with the results of my surgery, but Dr. Shmunes’ attention to detail and personable nature made the entire experience that much better.
in Ponte Vedra Beach Florida |
Dr. Shmunes has preformed PRK surgery on me several times over the years and has always provided the best care.
in Ponte Vedra Bch, FL |
Having been a patient of Dr. Schmunes for over 10 years I can say I wouldn't consider anyone else for my eye health. While there are doctors out there who try to push patients into lasik or cataract surgery to pay for equipment or profit, Dr. Schumes first and foremost considers what is in the patient's best interest. He is a very dedicated and caring professional who takes the time to answer all questions and concerns. I can't recommend Dr. Schumes highly enough.
Jacksonville, FL |
Dr Shmunes is a great Doctor! I was referred to him by a friend and after meeting with him I decided to have Lasik. Aside from sometimes having long waits he is nothing short of amazing! Very personable, goes out of his way to follow up after surgery (even weekends), listens to concerns and does great work. I would definitely recommend
in Jacksonville, FL |
I had Lasik performed by Dr. Shmunes on 5/26/2017. I am beyond ecstatic with my results & my only regret is not finding Dr. Shmunes & his team sooner. The process, procedure, & all around care was wonderful. Everything was explained to me so that I knew just what to expect with no surprises. I have had glasses/contacts for the last 20 years. My vision went from a -6.0 in contacts prescription to 20/15 naturally!!! It is an incredible feeling to be able to wake up and see!! ??
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL |
I have been a patient of Dr. Neil Shmunes for many years. He is on top of his game with the latest eye procedures especially Lasik eye surgery which he performed 4 years ago on my eyes and I couldn't be happier. He has a robust practice because he's excellent in his field of eye care. Dr. Shmunes has a wonderful chair side manner. I highly recommend Dr. Neil Shmunes.
in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL |
The consummate professional. Dr. Shmunes preformed cataract surgery on both of my eyes within 8 months. He spent the time to explain exactly what he was going to do and what to expect after the procedures. His follow up was precise and the outcome with each eye was better than expected. I've gladly recommended him to a number of friends looking for the vey best ophthalmologist.
St Augustine, FL |
I've been seeing Dr. Shmunes for several years. He performed my cataract surgery on both my eyes and oh, how happy I have been with my great eyesight since. He is always personable and I have never felt rushed. I would highly recommend Dr. Shmunes for anyone who needs to see an opthmalogist.
in Jacksonville, FL |
Dr. Shmunes and his staff provided professional services with outstanding results. The LASIK process was explained in step-by-step detail. The procedure was performed with optimal precision with zero pain and no discomfort. After 45 years of struggling with glasses and contacts, I was able to immediately see perfectly with no correction required. Dr. Shmunes was personally present for all visits from initial consultation, pre-op screening, LASIK procedure and all follow-up visits. IMPRESSIVE
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL |
Dr. Shmunes was very professional and thorough while using his extensive experience to evaluate and recommend treatment options. His relaxed personality put me at ease and he definitely was not pushing a certain option but gave me time to make a decision.
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL |
I sought out Dr. Shmunes from a recommendation I received. He evaluated my eye health and my desire to leave wearing glasses and contacts since I was 6 yrs old behind and have laser eye surgery. His expertise and follow through to make sure I was making a well informed decision has proven to be the best and freeing thing I have done. I have had great success since my surgery and the follow up and general eye care since has been excellent. His skill and genuine energy is what keeps me coming back
in Jacksonville, FL |
Dr Shmunes has been my doctor for over twenty years. He has done an excellent job of maintaining my eye health. During this time, he performed LASIK surgery to correct my near sightedness. It was a great success. Many years later, he did cataract surgery, on both eyes and all went well. I would highly recommend Dr Schmunes to all, who need a great Ophthalmologist.
in Jacksonville, FL |
I was referred to Neil over 16 years ago for cataracts that were progressing quickly. Neil performed the exams and operation and within days of each procedure I regained 20/15 vision in both eyes. I was examined thoroughly on March 21 2017 and still have 20/15 vision in one eye and 20/20 in the other. In my work as an architect I must be able to see well for long periods of time. I am very thankful that I went to Neil for my surgery and follow up since! I highly recommend him for any eye care!
in Jacksonville, FL |
Dr.Schmunes,my ophthamolocist for many many years, at Atlantic Eye Institute, is a brilliant doctor.The epitome of a sweet, kind ,gentle professional concerned only that you have the best possible vision and are free of disease My visits are always comfortable in a very relaxing atmosphereThe real plus is knowing that I am going to get the best care available from the best doctor
in Jacksonville Beach, FL |
Best ophthalmology doctor in Jacksonville. This doctor took me from 20/200 vision to 20/15 through LASIK. Really is a one time payment, and he took care of everything else. I'm only 21 years old, and I will not have to worry about contacts and glasses for a really long time. If your thinking about LASIK, I recommend him all the way.
in Jacksonville, FL |
Dr. Neil Shmunes is the best in the business! From top to bottom the doctors and staff at AEI are true professionals. Don't be fooled by going for a knock off special by a Lasik wholesaler. If you want someone to provide you with excellent care that is worth the money, this is where you need to go. This is the only place I would trust to handle something as important as my own vision. I am 1 year removed from the procedure and have had no issues whatsoever and am seeing 20/15. Don't overth
in Jacksonville, FL |
Out of all of the doctors that I spoke with regarding PRK corrective eye surgery, I felt Dr. Shmunes was the most trustworthy and knowledgeable. I never doubted his abilities nor the abilities of his team to perform and they did so past expectations. Him and his staff made it their goal to make sure I was comfortable and confident in the PRK treatment process and did a great job clearly outlining the treatment process. I would definitely recommend him to anyone seeking corrective eye surgery.
in Jacksonville Beach, FL |
I considered lasik for nearly 2 years, interviewed several doctors and chose Dr Shmunes. By far the best experience I could have hoped for! The process was smooth, surgery was quick and the results are being my wildest dreams. Dr Shmunes is very attentive to details and sincerely cares about his patients. Highly recommend him and lasik surgery. Changed my life!
in Jacksonville, FL |
I have been a patient of Dr. Shmunes for 15 years. My experience has been outstanding with great outcomes and service. It is a busy practice so be prepared to wait. The office is nice. The staff is competent.
in Jacksonville, FL |
I have been wearing contacts/glasses since I was 12. I am 40 years old now and not having to wear either is remarkable. Dr Shumunes bed side manner is amazing. Him and his staff made me feel so comfortable throughout the whole process.
Have you seen Dr. Neil Shmunes, MD?
Are you Dr. Shmunes?

Compare Dr. Shmunes

Dr. Shmunes' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
  •  Board certified in Ophthalmology

Dr. Shmunes has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Shmunes' Board Certifications

• Corneal Erosion
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen

Med College Of Georgia

Completed in 1982

Med College Of Georgia

Completed in 1985

Dr. Shmunes does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shmunes and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology