Dr. Neil Shah, MD

Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery | Male

Dr. Neil Shah, MD

Dr. Neil Shah, MD is a minimally invasive orthopedic spine surgery doctor who practices in Irving, TX. He is 35 years old and has been practicing for 12 years. Dr. Shah is affiliated with USMD Hospital at Arlington, Medical City Las Colinas and Baylor Surgical Hospital at Las Colinas.

...See Less

Dr. Shah's Care Philosophy

Dr. Shah brings a conservative approach to low back and neck pain while also offering the most current minimally invasive surgical techniques when a procedure is indicated. He is dedicated to improving the quality of life for his patients through a multi-disciplinary approach customized to the specific needs of each individual. Areas of expertise:Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery, Lumbar Stenosis & Disc Herniation, Lumbar and Cervical Disc Degeneration, Motion Preservation

Dr. Shah's Experience

See how Dr. Shah's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Shah

Dr. Shah accepts 14 insurance carriers

Dr. Shah is now accepting new patients
Las Colinas400 W Lbj Fwy Ste 465
Irving, TX 75063
(817) 916-4685Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Shah has admitting privileges.

Dr. Shah's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shah to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Shah's Performance
Coppell, TX |
Dr. Shah is an amazing surgeon with wonderful, albeit curt, beside manner. His care for his patients is evident and his knowledge of his field impressive. I was recommended by a family member (who happens to be a doctor herself) and could not have been more pleased with my experience. I was presenting with pretty severe symptoms and Dr. Shah "fast tracked" me in order to address the issue and rectify with surgical remediation. The surgery was quick and easy and I experienced immediate relief.
in Paducah, Texas |
I had a very positive experience with my back surgery done by Dr. Shah. I just completed my post operative appointment and am now walking 3/4 of a mile daily. If I ever have any issues with my spine, I will be seeing Dr. Shah. He is confident in his diagnosis and communicates that to the patient. I appreciated the efficient and competent way that he corrected my problem and got me on my feet in an amazingly short time.
in North Richland Hills, TX |
Dr. Shah is very personable, as well as very intentional in listening to my needs. He performed my spine surgery a month ago and I'm very pleased with the outcome so far! I'm a testimony to his incredible surgical skills and I anticipate my recovery to be exceptional. Dr. Shah exceeded my expectations and earned my trust and respect. I would recommend him to anyone without hesitation.
Houston, TX |
He is actually a doctor that is 'human'.. easy to talk to, he listens to you, he answers questions and exudes with confidence that made me feel safe and in good hands.
in Frisco, TX |
I want to say Dr Shah and staff are both professional and personal. I had 2 herniated disc and a fracture in my spine which Dr Shah corrected 3 weeks ago. A week after surgery I am walking 10 miles a day! It doesn't get any better than that! Thank you Dr Shah and staff!
in Las Colinas, TX |
This a conclusion the first part of my survey/review. The disc replacement in my neck was such a hit that I wanted Dr Shah to address a much more nagging problem. My L5 lumbar. He went in, did a fusion and I just got home from my discharge. The 2nd surgery with Dr Neil in 45 days. I think I'm doing better post-op than most do maybe just by having a fit, physical profile but I have to give Dr Shah a real pat on the back and full credit for what I think was a damned good job. Go see him.
Denton, TX |
Highly recommend Dr. Shah to anyone considering spinal surgery. I suffered from a herniated disc for several years. It is now 7 weeks since my spinal fusion surgery and I am very glad that I had the surgery. Of course, I credit Dr. Shah for the results from my surgery and post-surgical care.
in Lewisville, TX |
I would recommend Dr Shah to anyone seeking any type of back surgery or even conservative care. I found Dr Shah to be a caring and very thoughtful physician. He is not a typical physician. Dr Shah sincerely cares about his patients and wants the best outcome for each patient. His office staff is wonderful and easy to deal with. I can't say enough good things about Dr Shah and his staff.
in Highland Village, TX |
Dr. Shah was extremely thorough explaining the options I had to relieve my back problems. We waited two months before deciding on surgery. The surgery was on January 5th and everything at the hospital and the surgery were completed without any problems. After a six week post surgery period I am fully recovered and released to resume all activities. I am pain free and moving with no limitations. I highly recommend Dr. Neil Shah if you are experiencing back problems and considering surgery.
in Colleyville, TX |
Without a doubt, one of the most personable and outstanding physicians one will encounter. If you are looking for a cure or remedy for lower back pain, Dr. Shah will do everything possible to make it so. I am one year out from an L4L5, L5S1 fusion and am better off than when I was 30 years old (60 years old now). If you're just looking for pain meds, find someone else. Let someone who needs his expertise in surgery have the appointment.
in Flower Mound, Texas |
Dr. Neil Shah is very helpful, professional and made me feel real comfortable about everything related to the procedure. The surgery went without problems and I now have my life back. I can walk anywhere and for as long as I like. I got my life back and became active again. Because of Dr. Shah skill and his commitment to my wellbeing, along with the Baylor Surgical Hospital surgical team and the nurses, my surgery and stay at the hospital was successful. Thank you Dr. Shah for all of my care!
Lewisville, TX |
Great doctor. Took away my neck pain.
in Lewisville, TX |
The first thing Dr. Shah said to me is " I'll be honest, I love doing surgery; I'm a surgeon. That said, I will not proceed until it is the last resort." Dr. Shah was attentive and thoroughly professional. It is obvious he does the procedure often, and the surgery went as well as it could have. I definitely recommend Dr. Shah.
in Dallas, TX |
One word -GREAT !
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. Shah performed my microdiscectomy surgery back in late November of 2016. When I met with him for consultation he was very professional and honest about what I needed. He saw how bad my back was and got me in for surgery a few weeks later. The surgery went exactly how he said it would and the post op period went the same way. Now 6 weeks later I am pain free and in therapy. He has helped restore my healthy quality of life. I am 100% grateful for Dr. Shah and his team. They are awesome!
in Dallas TX |
Everything was great everyone as well
in Balch Springs, TX |
He seems to genuinely care about the quality of my life and health.
in Irving, TX |
I had lumbar microdiscectomy and my leg pain is gone. I am back to work and feeling great. I felt very comfortable and confident in him after our first visit. The whole process was so easy, the surgery took 30 minutes, I went home the same day, and then I followed the instructions. I am so thankful for him and his staff!
in Irving, TX |
C5, C6 and C7 fusion. Woke up feeling great and 3 months later don't even notice I had surgery other than no more pain on my left arm.
in Valencia, CA |
Dr. Shaw performed surgery on me in 2015, of a spinal tear.
in Irving, TX |
Dr. Shah performed a Cervical Disc Replacement in May. 3 other doctors had recommended a cervical fusion. I am doing amazing, my neck pain and the burning in my arm is gone! I am so thankful to him and his staff for their wonderful care!
in Irving, TX |
While Dr. Shah's office is located in the Las Colinas Medical Center he is in now way associated with any of the services offered by the Las Colinas hospital. On my recent visit, the staff asked me to go to the radiology to take X-rays before I saw the Doctor. I was never told that the services will be billed separately by the Las Colinas hospital. To my shock I received separate bills from the hospital for $240 which should have been covered in my copay or would have cost $40 outside.
in Granbury, TX |
I made an appointment with Dr. Shaw due to severe neck pain on my left side. I had tried injections in 2014 and pain management. Dr. Shaw listened to me and I also followed all his instructions. My surgery was on 2/19/2016. My nerve pain is gone and I am feeling stronger and better as the days go by. I am so grateful and pleased with Dr. Shaw, his staff at his office and the hospital ( Baylor Medical) where the surgery was done. Thank You all so much for helping put a smile back on my face.
in Irving, TX |
Excellent Physician!!! Truly cares for his patients!
Have you seen Dr. Neil Shah, MD?
Are you Dr. Shah?

Compare Dr. Shah

Dr. Shah's Care Philosophy

Dr. Shah's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Shah has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Shah's Board Certifications

• Cervical Disc Degeneration
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Lumbar Disc Degeneration
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Pathological Spine Fracture

Stanford University

Completed in 2011

Texas A&M University / Main Campus

Graduated in 2001

Dr. Shah does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shah and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery
  • Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Anterior Cervical Herniated Disc Surgery With Fusion
  • Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion Surgery (ALIF)
  • Cervical Artificial Disc Replacement
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Kyphoplasty
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Disc Replacement
  • Lumbar Fusion
  • Microdiscectomy
  • Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
  • Minimally Invasive Surgery
  • Percutaneous Vertebroplasty
  • Posterior Cervical Laminectomy
  • Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion Surgery (PLIF)
  • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair