Dr. Neil Schaffner, MD
Contact provider for availability

Dr. Neil Schaffner, MD

Internal Medicine | Male

Endocrinology & Metabolism Of E 2420 Village Professional Dr S Opelika, AL 36801 Get Directions

Dr. Neil Schaffner, MD is an internal medicine doctor who practices in Opelika, AL. He is 59 years old and has been practicing for 33 years. Dr. Schaffner is affiliated with East Alabama Medical Center.

Dr. Schaffner's Experience

See how Dr. Schaffner's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Schaffner

Dr. Schaffner accepts 12 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Schaffner has admitting privileges.

Dr. Schaffner's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Schaffner to family and friends
3.2
Dr. Schaffner's Performance
    GOOD
in Auburn, AL |
Never -assuming he even sees patients - I had "appointments" with him and could not tell you what he looks like at all - my family doctor was concerned about my diabetes (I have had a pump for close to 7 years) the nurse herself couldnt get me seen for 6 months - then I needed some infusion sets to get me to my appointment - I called and told his nurse I was out of supplies - she suggested I test my blood sugar every two hours and treat accordingly for 2 weeks until my appointment - dumb axes
in Auburn, AL |
Waste of time. Did not care to treat my issue what so ever. Had multiple blood tests done months apart to gauge improvement and all coming back showing I was way below even the low end numbers for national averages. He refused to do anything to treat me so I went to another endocrinology office who actually cared about finding a resolution to my problem.
in Opelika, AL |
I have never had a bad experience since going to Dr. Schaffner. He listens to all that you have to say and gives you answers that you will understand. I would highly recommend to anyone that needs his services.
in Millbrook, AL |
On our first visit Dr. Schaffner was personable and seemed to care about my daughters condition with thyroid cancer. On our second visit It was like Dr. Jekyell and Mr. Hyde or should I say Dr. JERKell. He seemed annoyed as soon as he came in the room. (which we waited for two hours after our scheduled appt. time) I told him my daughter was experiencing fatigue and depression. He became condescending and told her straight up to learn to deal with it their was nothing he could do. C a sleep dr!
in Opelika, AL |
Dr.Schaffner is great at shooting the breeze with you. However, when it comes to medical knowledge, he is lacking. My dad was having issues with his thyroid after triple bypass. Schaffner put him on meds that caused thyroid issue to get worse. Saw another endo in town who said issue would have worked itself out. He regulated the thyroid without issue when Schaffner couldn't. Schaffner also sees my mom, says her diabetes is under control even though levels are too high for meter to read! Idiot!
in Montgomery, AL |
He is very easy to talk with and very through in explaining conditions, effects of recommended medications. Never waited more that 10 minutes.
in Wetumpka |
He is not professional. Told me I did not need surgery, saw another Dr and had emergency surgery 9 days later
Auburn, AL |
Dr. Schaffner was very friendly & personable! I enjoyed my visit & felt I gained a lot of knowledge about my condition. However, the staff is less than ideal. They are neither helpful nor accommodating. Have had several issues with getting refills and bloodwork. Did take a while to get my initial appointment, but I'm guessing that was because I was a referral.
Have you seen Dr. Neil Schaffner, MD?
Are you Dr. Schaffner?

Compare Dr. Schaffner

}

Dr. Schaffner's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Internal Medicine
  •  Board certified in Internal Medicine
  •  Malpractice claims in Alabama not available

Dr. Schaffner has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

Why It Matters: Dr. Schaffner's Board Certifications

Graduated in 1984

Uab-Montgomery

Completed in 1987

Uab

Dr. Schaffner does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Schaffner and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Continuous Glucose Monitoring