Neurology  |
Dr. Neil Rosenthal, MD
Dr. Neil Rosenthal, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in New York, NY. He is 62 years old and has been practicing for 36 years. Dr. Rosenthal is affiliated with NYU Langone Medical Center and Mount Sinai Beth Israel.

201 E 15th St

New York, NY 10003

• EmblemHealth
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Rosenthal

Dr. Rosenthal's Experience

Dr. Rosenthal's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurology

• Lyme Disease
  • Memory Loss
  • Meningiomas
  • Mild Cognitive Impairment
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Myoclonus
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors
  • Tension Headache
  • Thrombosis
  • Tinnitus
  • Tourette's Syndrome
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Vertigo
  • Visual Field Defects

• Carotid Ultrasound
  • EEG (Electroencephalogram)
  • EMG (Electromyography)
  • Nerve Conduction Studies

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Cornell University Medical College
    Medical School | Graduated 1981
  • St Lukes Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1982
  • Mt Sinai Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1987
  • St Lukes Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1984

Dr. Rosenthal has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Rosenthal does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rosenthal and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Rosenthal's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rosenthal to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Rosenthal's Performance
Brooklyn, NY |
I found Dr. Rosenthal on Zocdoc and went in for a consultation for numbness in my hand. He determined through very extensive testing that I'd had a mild stroke--something my primary doctor missed--and started me on the correct course of treatment ASAP. He even contacted my primary to discuss the oversight. His office manager Nicole stayed late to book me an emergency MRI and on one occasion helped me to get a test done when Dr. Rosenthal's office was closed. These people listen and they care!!!
in New York, NY |
Every patient arrives with different needs. The unique nature of each visit tends to create reviews so specific that they offer little guidance, good or bad. Dr. Rosenthal, however, has mastered those exceptional qualities universally desired by all in need of help. He is Sympathetic, Intelligent, and Effective; inspiring confidence that problems can be treated and better days will come. Nicole, who does everything the Doctor doesn't, is a friendly voice and a great help!
in New York, NY |
I have been a patient of Dr. Rosenthal for many years. He is a warm caring very competent physician who was recommended to me by a retired surgeon. Several years ago I had severe back problems and Dr. Rosenthal arranged for me to immediately see a neurosurgeon at Weill Cornell. Two days later I was operated upon and two months later I was playing tennis again. The office is small with his very competent assistant, Nicole, handling the administrative tasks. Dr. Rosenthal works on a timely basis.
in Red Bank, NJ |
I first met Dr. Rosenthal in December 2012 for my diabetic neuropathy. I found his initial evaluation and assessment to be very helpful and insightful. I have continued to see him for my neuropathy ever since. Either on a quarterly or semi-annual basis, depending upon how the neuropathy in my feet and lower legs is progressing. His office administrator has been very helpful with insurance, making appointments and reminding me when my next appointment is. I strongly endorse his medical services
in New York, NY |
After suffering from cluster headaches for years, Dr. Rosenthal diagnosed and treated them effectively. He called me back within an hour on more than one occasion when I had questions about my treatment. He is extremely intelligent, dedicated, and professional. I enthusiastically recommend him.
New York, NY |
I was referred to Dr. Rosenthal for a tremor. He ordered an ultrasound of my carotid arteries. The right carotid artery was over 90% blocked. I was stunned. High cholesterol runs in my family. Had an endarterectomy, blockage removed, carotids clean. Saved my life. Brilliant diagnostician, thorough, listens, inquisitive, caring. With tremor I'm unable to take the drugs usually prescribed. Trying a drug which is in the testing phase for tremor, specifically my voice. I'm a singer, actress.
in New York, NY |
I have been seeing Dr. Rosenthal for as long as I remember (maybe 10 years now?), and I have recommended him to anyone who suffers with migraines. He is helpful, inquisitive, responsive (I once had an emergency on the weekend in the summer -- he called me back quickly), and he is warm. He also is v empathetic to the nonsense that goes on w/ insurers. What I really like about the office is that it is very small. It's usually just Dr R and Nicole, who runs the front end. After years of going ther
New York, NY |
Dr. Rosenthal and staff are friendly, thorough and professional. I've been seen him for years and it's always a painless and pleasant office visit!
in East Meadow, NY |
I would highly recommend Dr. Rosenthal. He was extremely thorough, very smart and took the time to answer all of my questions. I also have to say that making an appt and dealing with insurance with his office manager Nicole was super easy and pleasant.
New York, NY |
Dr. Rosenthal is a terrific doctor, who takes time and care with his patients. He is a fount of knowledge and information, with a warmth, depth, and sense of humor rarely found in doctors in my experience. He treated me for a problem I was suffering from for a long time, and patiently worked me through my diagnosis and treatment until the symptoms were almost completely gone. I couldn't be more grateful to Dr. Rosenthal and his assistant Nicole who is also very charming. Thank you Dr!
in Roosevelt, NY |
Dr. Rosenthal treated my father-in-law, my mother and me. Firstly, he discovered a problem in my f-i-l that no one else could diagnose. He personally made the phone call to a surgeon and continually followed up on his progress. He saved his life . Secondly, he appropriately diagnosed my mother's problem, referred her to the appropriate surgeon and again continued to follow up on her care. The same was true for me. He diagnosed my problem and provided me the medication that solved my issue.
in New York, NY |
Not only he rushes you but doesn't listen to all your symptoms. Clearly just wants the money,thats it.The front desk girl so rude, my god, wouldn't answer, put me twice on hold and when she picked up the 3rd time she hung up. Pointless worker clearly. NEVER AGAIN!!!!
New York, NY |
Dr. Rosenthal is a thorough doctor who listens, prescribed multiple tests, and analyzes to find out what are the reasons for my blackouts and near fainting spells. I felt confident under his care. He is busy but has good bedside manners.
Have you seen Dr. Neil Rosenthal, MD?
Are you Dr. Rosenthal?

See our Neurology Specialist at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center

Visit Dr. Rosenthal