Dr. Neil Mushlin, DO

Dr. Mushlin
Telehealth services available

Advocare Pulmonary and Sleep Specialists

1593 McDaniel Dr West Chester, PA 19380

Dr. Neil Mushlin, DO is a Pulmonologist in West Chester, PA. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Chester County Hospital and Paoli Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Mushlin to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Pulmonologists in your area

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Mushlin is affiliated with Paoli Hospital Paoli, a highly rated and top awarded hospital for pulmonary disease.

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Pulmonary Care Excellence Award™ See hospitals

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Pennsylvania

Check Dr. Mushlin's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Mushlin's Top Procedures and Conditions

COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)

Dr. Mushlin treats COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) more than 99% of his peers

Sleep Apnea

Dr. Mushlin treats Sleep Apnea more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Mushlin treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Central Sleep Apnea

• Acute Bronchitis
  • Acute Lower Respiratory Infection
  • Acute Pharyngitis
  • Acute Upper Respiratory Infection
  • Arterial Blood Gas Test (ABG)
  • Asbestosis
  • Asthma
  • Bronchiectasis
  • Bronchiolitis
  • Bronchitis
  • Bronchopulmonary Aspergillosis
  • Bronchospasm
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Cough
  • Partial Lung Collapse
  • Pleural Effusion
  • Pneumoconiosis and Pneumonopathy
  • Pneumonia
  • Pneumonitis (Due to Solids or Liquids)
  • Primary Pulmonary Hypertension
  • Thoracentesis
  • Thrombosis
  • Wheezing

Dr. Mushlin accepts

Dr. Mushlin accepts the following insurance:

Select

Dr. Mushlin's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Mushlin

3.6

Dr. Mushlin
I received calls from Dr. Mushlin while he was on vacation (For the 1st time in 2 years) and on a weekend to give me test results. He is a very dedicated doctor who seems to truly care about his patients and takes the time to find the best way to help and treat them. I am so very appreciative.
D Walsh – Sep 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Mushlin, DO?
I 100% agree with the other reviews who say the staff at this practice are rude, unprofessional and inept. Hold times are ridiculous when trying to call (30+ minutes on hold every time). Messages left rarely get a call back. LONG wait times at appointments (when you finally get one months later), then feeling rushed out as if you're bothering them being in their office. Not cool. Then add in the unnecessary repeat tests, it just smells like a shady money grab. LOOK ELSEWHERE.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
G. Moore – Jul 31, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Mushlin, DO?
The office is so inept, disorganized, and unprofessional. I showed up 10 min early and waited one hour and still wasn’t seen. When I requested a refund, they didn’t even try to fix the situation and just gave me my money back. Also, during a study, I had to make three different appts because they kept renting out the device meant for me and yet made me sit in a room and wait for 45 min. Stay away.
Should be shut down – Apr 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Mushlin, DO?
For a couple of years, I had been working with a pulmonologist @ Penn Medicine regarding my sleep apnea and daytime fatigue. During one of my visits, he stated that I need to get use to my fatigue as this would be considered “my new normal”. After hearing this, I decided to immediately change doctors. My PCP referred me to Dr. Mushlin @ Advocare Pulmonary and Sleep Specialists. Dr. Mushlin and his staff have been wonderful to work with. As my condition appears to be elusive, Dr. Mushlin has gone above and beyond in attempts to resolve it, much more than the Penn doctor. His concern for me is genuine and a priority. Also, his staff has been attentive to my needs. Recently, I had two problems, one regarding my medical supply firm and the other working with my prescription insurance company in obtaining a unique medication. Kudos to both Monica and Erin, respectively, in providing the help that I needed to resolve both concerns! I would highly recommend Advocare and Dr. Mushlin.
Apr 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Mushlin, DO?
My experiences with Dr. Mushlin and his staff have been wonderful. After concerning results on a chest CT scan, my PCP referred me to Dr. Mushlin. His office staff got me in to see him immediately. Dr. Mushlin ordered all the appropriate tests and has kept me fully involved in every step of my journey, even calling me on weekends to give me results. He is highly competent, professional, and so kind and compassionate. He really cares about his patients and goes the extra mile. I highly recommend him and his practice.
Cindy – Aug 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Mushlin, DO?
I have been under Dr. Mushlin’s care for a little over 1 year and I highly recommend Dr. Mushlin for any pulmonary as well as sleep disorder needs. Dr. Mushlin has been a lifesaver for me. I trust him completely when he prescribes different meds. During my appointments he always takes the time to patiently listen to what I have to say and answers all questions I may have.When I first went to Dr. Mushlin my asthma was flared up and I really feel Dr. Mushlin took the time and went above and beyond to make me feel asthmas free. He knew exactly how to regulate my medication to get the best results. I remember Dr. Mushlin calling me over the weekend to check on my condition. I feel Dr. Mushlin has taken the time to research how my asthma, sleep disorder, and anxiety are all connected. Dr. Mushlin truly cares about his patients and is up to date with all the latest medications. Dr. Mushlin goes out of his way and in my case with his suggestions of medication has made me feel asthma free.
Cathy Frey – Jun 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Mushlin, DO?
Doctor Mushlin has been my doctor for 7 years. The best thing about him is his thoroughness. After having a heart attack a few years back Doctor Mushlin checked my lungs fastidiously for any weakness that may have contributed to the attack. He asks all of the important questions, consults frequently with other physicians and listens to all of my concerns. These are the reasons I have great confidence in Doctor Mushlin. Because he values painstaking patient care, Doctor Mushlin has surrounded himself with a capable and conscientious staff. In addition to all of this there is a very pleasant and patient centered atmosphere at Doctor Mushlin's office. I would definitely recommend him and am more than satisfied with his care.
Sister Bernadette, Malvern – May 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Mushlin, DO?
I had just turned 40 and I started sleeping non-stop. I owned a business that was closing due to regulations changing. My family and friends felt I was depressed but I felt fine about my situation and everything in my life except for my abnormal daytime sleeping. I went to see Dr. Mushlin for possible sleep apnea. The test showed minimal apnea which wouldn't account for the excessive sleepiness. Dr. Mushlin started asking me more about my sleep habits and my history. It was determined ( after some time) that I had narcolepsy. Dr. Mushlin worked with me on a treatment respecting my wishes, listening to my concerns, and offered help and or a solution at every turn. It was a long journey but I am back to my normal self. I am extremely grateful to him and his team. Never once did I feel like I was a burden to them. They always responded to my request and made sure to get back to me within a reasonable amount of time.
T. Lehman – May 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Mushlin, DO?
Dr. Mushlin is an amazing physician who truly cares about his patients. He has a “take-no-chances” approach to diagnosing and treating pulmonary issues. I was referred to him by my primary physician after a lung nodule was incidentally found on a cat scan for another condition. He took me in at 6:30 AM on my first visit. He ordered a PET scan immediately and had me back in his office at 6:30 AM again after the results were in. By 7:00 AM that morning, he made an appointment with a pulmonary interventionist at 9:30 AM that same day. He wanted there to be no delays in getting a diagnosis and plan of care in place. He was reassuring and extremely helpful in calming my anxiety. Dr. Mushlin was and is an important member of my top-notch medical team who were constantly in touch with each other re my plan of care. His “take-no-chances” philosophy probably saved my life. He is a true God send. His staff are friendly and serve his patients well, going above and beyond the norm.
Apr 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Mushlin, DO?
Dr Mushlin has been truly a lifesaver helping me deal with Bronchiectasis. Never feel rushed with my questions .He is extremely knowledgeable and makes living with this diagnose much less anxiety provoking .His staff are truly helpful in a very personal way .I feel blessed to have him as a caregiver and I would highly recommend his expertise to anyone with pulmonary issues
Eileen Stahlheber – Apr 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Mushlin, DO?
In 6 years of dealing with chronic unexplained illness, finding Dr. Mushlin has been a beacon. He listens (really hard skill to find in medicine anymore), explains everything to the patient and is determined to find the root cause of the issue and help get his patients back to some living. He has been constantly in contact, even during this pandemic, helping me figure out why I can't breathe when other doctors dismissed it as anxiety. (Wasnt anxiety at all) I cannot recommend Dr. Mushlin enough, especially if you are a patient that is fed up with not being listened to. Old-fashioned doctoring with modern skill set. And his staff is the best, making the patients comfortable and at ease during these unprecedented times.
Jennifer C – Apr 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Mushlin, DO?
Runs an insurance money mill, notes on laptops and everyone runs around like they are doing something but the caring stops there. Using cheap machines that don't work and don't have the right parts in them. Weeks to get a repeat appointment. Office staff doesn't do what they say they will. Stop wasting peoples time.
D. Scott – Nov 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Mushlin, DO?
Doctor: a person skilled or specializing in healing arts. This is the definition in Webster’s Dictionary. Although this does describe Dr. Mushlin, there are so many more traits that he possesses. He is a strong listener, dedicated, courteous and has a very caring nature. I became so sick while on vacation and had to go to the emergency room. They sent me home with meds but my wheezing was excessive. I called Dr. Mushlin, expressed what was going on and my inability to breathe. He immediately called in a script that would be more beneficial. He then called me every morning for the next few days to see if I was ok. I have never heard of a doctor doing this! He is a precious gem. I am going into my sick season and I have to say now that I have him as a doctor I don’t feel anxious about getting sick and struggling to breathe because I know he will be sure I am getting the very best care. He is a true gift.
CGain – Nov 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Mushlin, DO?
I have been seeing Dr. Mushlin for the last five years, both for sleep apnea and issues related to asthma and lung health. Dr. Mushlin has worked diligently to improve my health, continually seeking new alternatives that would give me better control of my health. Dr. Mushlin and his staff are wonderful people with kind hearts who really listen and explained everything so I could better understand my own role in controlling my health. Couldn't ask for a better team!
Julie-Ann Silberman-Bunn – Aug 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Mushlin, DO?
Every doctor swears to “do no harm”. My doctor, Dr. Mushlin goes above and beyond his oath, as he is embodies everything a patient hopes for. He actively listens. He asks the right questions and gives thoughtful feedback. Dr. Mushlin balances caring “bedside manner” and humor with precise and erudite insight and diagnosis. Additionally, I notice the way he interacts with his nurses and staff and it seems that his respect is given to all. I am a 47 year old woman with narcolepsy. Many women my age are dismissed as being “hormonal” and unheard for being “a complainer.” Dr. Mushlin listened, cared and solved. He was mindful in issuing the best medication that has allowed me to function. He is fully accessible and insists upon following up to monitor my health and medication. I am so lucky to have a normal functioning life now; I credit that normalcy to him. Additionally the nurses and office staff are friendly and helpful.
Jaltman – Aug 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Mushlin, DO?
I agree with the reviews regarding wait time and employees’ more concerned with their meals...do I need to see it?! Also agree that staff is immature, rude and unresponsive! I waited a week for a return call after leaving three messages! No excuse for that!
Jul 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Mushlin, DO?
I would HIGHLY reccomend Dr. Mushlin. He is clear and concise with all information dealing with my medical condition. Professional and prompt during EVERY appointment. Additionally, I admire the answers of confidence pertaining to medical information during my appointments. I trust Dr. Mushlin and that's a characteristic I strive for in a care provider! have been a patient of Dr. Mushlin for 3 years and I am so happy with his practice!
Holly in phoenixville, PA – Jun 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Mushlin, DO?
Horrible practice. The doctor is never on time. Patients wait up to an hour to be seen for 90 seconds and then promptly shuffled out by the doctor’s assistant. Rude, unprofessional, immature employees all around. Doctor and staff are more concerned about eating their meals than treating patients.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Jun 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Mushlin, DO?
We are so impressed and over the moon appreciative for Dr. Neil Mushlin. He has diagnosed at length and is treating with dignity and utmost care my husband for very serious medical conditions. From the first appointment the welcoming staff (Marissa, Daphne, Denise, etc.) and Dr. Mushlin all made every effort to give him understanding, patience and extensive time to work through all aspects of the scheduling and diagnostic process. They encourage my husband in everyway so he does not get overwhelmed or discouraged as he works persistently to become well again. It is heartwarming to have such medically brilliant supporters by our side. We know they will all be there for us every step of the way. Thank you all for your patient care and years of study and hard work to afford laypeople like us with medical care.
Justin & Debbie Marciano in Harleysville, PA – Jun 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Mushlin, DO?
This doctor overcharges and overbills insurance companies for false and unnecessary procedures.
May 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Mushlin, DO?

How was your experience with Dr. Mushlin?

A Holistic Approach - I am a believer in the holistic approach to medicine, especially when it comes to the importance of sleep to our overall health and...Read more

Dr. Neil Mushlin graduated from Muhlenberg College in 1996 with a BS in Biology. He earned his Masters in Business Administration in Health and Medical...Read more

• Sleep Medicine