Dr. Neil Kumar, MD

Dr. Neil Kumar, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMaleAge 38

Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Neil Kumar, MD is an Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Sun City Center, FL. Dr. Kumar has extensive experience in Knee & Lower Limb Surgery and Shoulder & Upper Arm Surgery. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as HCA Florida South Shore Hospital and HCA Florida Brandon Hospital. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Office Hours

Sat

Office
closed

Florida Orthopaedic Institute - Sun City Center

Florida Orthopaedic Institute - Sun City Center959 E DEL WEBB BLVD Sun City Center, FL 33573

Brandon Orthopedic Associates

Brandon Orthopedic Associates721 W Robertson St Ste 102 Brandon, FL 33511

Brandon Orthopedic Associates

Brandon Orthopedic Associates10141 Big Bend Rd Ste 201 Riverview, FL 33578
Brandon Orthopedic Associates1901 Haverford Ave Ste 107 Sun City Center, FL 33573

Florida Orthopaedic Institute

Brandon Orthopedic Associates11286 Boyette Rd Ste 101 Riverview, FL 33569

Florida Orthopaedic Institute - Brandon

Florida Orthopaedic Institute - Brandon560 S Lakewood Dr Ste 101 Brandon, FL 33511

Florida Orthopaedic Institute - Sun City Center

Florida Orthopaedic Institute - Sun City Center991 E Del Webb Blvd Sun City Center, FL 33573

• Explains Conditions WellPatients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers TelehealthThis provider offers telehealth appointments. Call the office to schedule an appointment.
  • Practices at Top HospitalAmerica’s 100 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery Award™ See hospitals

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at HCA Florida South Shore Hospital

Dr. Kumar's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kumar

Excellent Patient Care
Listens to my concerns and explains diagnosis in simple terms. Provides useful insight to address my specific issues and is willing to progress within my comfort level.
Jan 09, 2023
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Kumar, MD?
Wow, what can I say! Dr. Kumar and Rachel (PA) operated on my left rotator cuff and bicep in August 2021. Before my surgery and after, I was provided with great care and communication throughout my months of recovery. Dr. Kumar and his physical therapy team has given me back what I lost since my surgery and now I have great mobility and strength and have received clearance to return to the gym. Thank you Dr. Kumar for all you have done for me!
LOUIS COLETTI – Feb 21, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Kumar, MD?
Did my major surgery on my leg,very please with the outcome
N.Julius – Feb 14, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Kumar, MD?
Dr Kumar repaired my labrum and performed a biceps tenodesis in October 2020. Prior to the surgery, he explained all options and made me feel comfortable with the process. Surgery went as expected, and I was given full clearance 4 months post surgery.
Feb 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Kumar, MD?
Professional, courteous and interested in his patient’s well being.
Robin Watt – Jan 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Kumar, MD?
I had shoulder reconstruction surgery and had an excellent experience with Dr. Kumar. He is a skilled surgeon and very personable. He answers all questions and I had the prescriptions able to be filled out the day before the surgery.
Rich Roth – Jan 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Kumar, MD?
Dr. Kumar hands down is the best! He very knowledgeable and even more caring! HIGHLY recommend
K. McLane – Jan 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Kumar, MD?
My recent rotator cuff surgery (June 2020) could not have gone better—Dr Kumar is an excellent ortho doc who is completely professional, thorough and caring. After 5 months post-surgery (including 8 weeks of physical therapy) I have full range of movement with NO pain. Dr Kumar was referred to me by a local experienced PT who was familiar with his outstanding surgical skill level and I’m so happy I chose Dr Kumar for this procedure. He’s also board certified with a specialty in sports medicine.
Lois Hansen – Nov 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Kumar, MD?
Broke my hip was taken to St Joe South ER Dr kumar was there doing a emergency when finished I was ask if i would like to talk to him he looked at Xray's and explained everything needed done I agreed to let him do the surgery I was in so much pain got along great until I blacked out and fell again he has been so helpful to get me on the right road I had scar tisue from the 2and fall I am taking the P rP shots so far very satisfied and I really like Dr Kumar he will explain every step and take time to answer ?? which is more then most he goes the extra mile for a patient I highly recommend Dr kumar
Betty A Tanner – Nov 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Kumar, MD?
I recommend Dr. Neil Kumar very highly. A year ago I had pain in my shoulder. After a bad experience with another doctor, I saw Dr. Kumar who gave me a very thorough exam. He was easy to talk with and explained things very well. Turns out I had tears in my rotator cuff. Even though I was 69 years old, I wanted it fixed so I could live many more years with full use of my shoulder without pain. So Dr. Kumar performed the operation to repair my rotator cuff. I was prepared as it took a significant heal period. Pain the first few weeks was helped with meds and an ice machine. Three months in a sling, six months of rehab, and another six months for complete healing. Here I am a year later with no pain and full use of my shoulder. I highly recommend Dr Kumar and his office.
Alan – Nov 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Kumar, MD?
Having Dr. Neal S. Kumar as my Orthopedic Surgeon was a great experience. He was comforting, reassuring, professional and personable. He relays all information clearly and takes the time to explain processes and how you will feel. If you have questions, he takes the time to answer them without rushing and he expresses his sincerity about your well being. I highly recommend Dr. Kumar.
ADriggers – Sep 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Kumar, MD?
Dr. Kumar almost a year ago did a triple play surgery on my left shoulder and he was absolutely fantastic from start to finish. He and the staff at Brandon Orthopedic kept me informed throughout the entire procedure from first visit until today which was my last visit. The surgery was a complete success and I have full use of it and no more pain! Thanks Dr. Kumar YOU ROCK!
David H – Jul 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Kumar, MD?
Dr Kumar has the best bedside manner. He’s very thorough and knowledgeable...up to date on newest technology. Highly recommend him!
Heather Hensley – Jun 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Kumar, MD?
Set expectations at the pre operation appointment were not met and has been a let down. I still have not received a follow up call or a response to my voice mails left to see how the operation went. My surgery was 4 days ago. The nurses at St. Joes South have no idea what they are doing and do not communicate any delays to patents. I waited 5 hours until surgery. 3 hrs into my wait the is when I finally saw the gas dr. and expressed my concerns. My phone was locked inside a locker when I arrived, and could not communicate with the party waiting on me to be released from surgery. When my wife called to check on me, she was not provided any updates. Physical therapy was suppose to be in contact for what I should be doing prior to my 1st post opt appointment. I still have no idea what physical things I should be doing to help the healing process. The 6 different medications are not sitting well with me at all. One would think I would at least get a follow up call to address my concerns.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Ron Anderson – Jun 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Kumar, MD?
I went to see Dr. Kumar for a torn achilles tendon. Having been in the medical industry for 18 years, I can say I couldn't have picked a better surgeon. I left my first appointment feeling very comfortable due to him taking the time to explain the injury, the surgery and the recovery process. When it came to surgery he was very detailed and passionate about his work. My outcome couldn't have been better and while surgery isn't fun, I couldn't be happier with my experience. I would highly recommend Dr. Kumar.
John Pearson – May 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Kumar, MD?
It was a follow up visit (6th month from hip surgury). Dr Kumar did a thorough exam and then answered my questions on why I have "some pain" still and what I need to do next. I was a bit concern when I went in but completly comfortable when I left. He is a true professional and very personable. I have recomended him several times to others due to his skills and his expertise in Sports Medicine.
Jefffery Williford – Apr 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Kumar, MD?
Total avulsion of the hamstring repaired, he did a fantastic job, after 2 months out of surgery I almost have full strength back and flexibility. He is thorough and the best at what he does! Thankful he was my surgeon!
jeffery semczuk – Mar 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Kumar, MD?
Dr Neil Kumar is an awesome ortho doctor!! This is coming from an orthopedic nurse!! He does beautiful work!! No pain!!
Rick Bishop – Feb 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Kumar, MD?
Dr Kumar is a great doctor. He take time with you. He is on time. I'm a early person. He come in ready to help you. My shoulder is doing great. I'm an over 70 ready to move again. Thanks Dr.
Laura Crews – Feb 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Kumar, MD?
Dr. Kumar and staff was phenomenal throughout the whole experience including rehab. He repaired a rotator cuff and re-attached bicep. Answered every question, was very thorough about explaining the surgical process, and managing expectations (great bedside manner). The front office staff was exceptional about explaining medical billing responsibilities and scheduling (It's rare in my experience to have a front office that organized).
Bill P – Jan 31, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Kumar, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Kumar?

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Frequently Treated by Dr. Kumar

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Kumar treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Kumar treats other conditions, please contact the office at (813) 633-0286.

Knee & Lower Limb Surgery

Knee and lower limb surgeons perform procedures such as total knee replacement, partial knee replacement, and tendor repair, to treat conditions including arthritis, ligament tears, or bone fractures.Compare with other Knee & Lower Limb Surgery specialists.

Dr. Kumar is experienced in the area of Knee & Lower Limb Surgery. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 30 conditions and procedures

Treatments
Dr. Kumar
Similar Providers
Knee Dislocation
Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
Femur Fracture
Normal
High
Very High

Shoulder & Upper Arm Surgery

Shoulder and upper arm conditions include arthritis, bursitis, rotator cuff injuries, and dislocations, with treatment options such as surgery or physical therapy.Compare with other Shoulder & Upper Arm Surgery specialists.

Dr. Kumar is experienced in the area of Shoulder & Upper Arm Surgery. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 22 conditions and procedures

• Elbow Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Closed
  • Elbow Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Open
  • Elbow Ligament Reconstruction
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Excision of Femur or Knee
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Foot and Ankle Ligament and Tendon Repair
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Tendinitis
  • Knee Tendon Repair
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral Meniscus Repair
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meniscus Transplantation
  • Multi-Ligament Knee Reconstruction
  • Musculoskeletal Function Test
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors
  • Pediatric Sports Injuries
  • Pelvic Fracture
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Pyogenic Arthritis
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Unicompartmental Hip Surgery
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Dr. Kumar accepts

Dr. Kumar accepts the following insurance:

Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
EmblemHealth
Emblem Health
First Health
Golden Rule
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
Medicaid
Tufts Health Plan
Tufts Health Plans
UniCare
WellCare

Dr. Kumar is committed to the practice of evidence-based medicine so his patients can return to their active lifestyles as quickly and as safely as possible.

Dr. Neil Kumar is a Valrico native who joined Brandon Orthopedic Associates as an orthopedic surgeon specializing in sports medicine and arthroscopic procedures....Read more

DREXEL UNIVERSITY