Dr. Neil S. Heskel, MD

Dr. Neil S. Heskel, MD

Dermatology | Male | 64 years old

Dr. Heskel specializes in Dermatology and practices in Vero Beach, FL. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Heskel? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Heskel's Experience

See how Dr. Heskel's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Heskel

Dr. Heskel accepts 5 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Heskel has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Heskel's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Heskel to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Heskel
Dr. Heskel's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (111)
Vero Beach, FL |
He is very gentle and kind, always explains things clearly. He doesn't over-treat or under-treat a skin issue, always prescribes the right type of medicine that does the trick. Very practical and down-to-earth. A nice, courteous person and has a sense of humor. Is modest, not "full of himself".
in Fort Pierce, Fl |
Dr. Heskel has been taking care of me for twenty years. His skill and judgement are excellent. I trust him. His staff is caring, efficient, and fun to deal with. If needed, I would take my family members to his office for care because of his manner, skill and organization.
in Vero Beach, FL |
Very professional. In his own words, he "lets the pathologist do the talking." Very knowledgeable and polite. He performs Mohs surgery, which reduces the size and the depth of the incision. After a short wait in his Waiting Room, you receive the results of the surgery. In my case, he removed a basil cell with a small incision and an all clear result, meaning all the cancer had been removed. Can't ask for anything better than that.
in Vero Beach, FL |
Prompt attention to patients. Low waiting time. Thorough and professional. Skilled MOH surgeon. I have complete confidence in Dr Heskel.
in Vero Beach, FL |
He's not only a great physician but takes a pragmatic approach and his dry wit makes our visits something we look forward to each time we see him
Ft Pierce, FL |
Dr Heskel has cared for our family for over 20 years. I have and would recommend him to others. Skin cancer, surgery, bug bites, allergic reactions, and poison ivy...he has treated all! A true expert in the field.
in Vero Beach, FL |
I have been a patient of Dr. Heskel's for over 25 years. As a life-time Florida Resident, I have had skin issues and I always find him to be competent, efficient and honest! I often refer friends and my daughter and husband.
in Vero Beach, FL |
Dr. Heskel tells me tells me what I need to know in plain language and in a forthright manner. I feel totally confident in his diagnosis.
in Vero Beach, FL |
Dr. Heskel is the most patient and kind doctor. A very good listener with a very caring attitude.
in Vero Beach |
When I moved to Vero Beach 6 years ago, my mother recommended I see Dr. Heskel. I'm glad I did. I'm blonde and had a lot of sun damage from my childhood. Dr. Heskel treated me for these issues. After seeing him twice a year for a while, i'm now down to an annual visit. My skin issues are now nicely under control. A great doctor.
Vero Beach, FL |
Answers questions, personable, explains what he is doing.
Vero Beach, FL |
As always the staff and Dr. Heskel are pleasant and professional.
Jensen Beach, FL |
Dr. Heskel is skilled, patient and caring. He has cared for me for around 30 years. He stays very busy but somehow manages to work you into his schedule.
in Sebastian, FL |
would and have recommended Dr. Heskel many times; and have past out many of his cards. I find him to be a very good and informed Doctor.
in Vero Beach, FL |
I first met Dr. Heskel when he came to the Hospital. He diagnosed that I had developed a sever allergenic reaction to meds given to me. Once new medications were found and given to me, my body began to respond. I then visited Dr. Heskel for other Dermatological problems. I thank Dr. Heskel for what he has done for me. I highly recommend Dr. Heskel.
in Vero Beach, FL |
Terrific doctor! He was my mother's doctor also and she recommended him to me when I moved to FL Dr Heskel sees me immediately if I sense a problem. There is no long wait. He also stays on schedule so no long wait in waiting room
in Sebastian, FL |
Dr. Heskel is an expert - he knows what is cancerous and what isn't. He saw a suspicious brown spot, removed it and in the office, he told me he was certain it was a melanoma. The pathology a few days later proved him right. He quite likely saved my life. I go to him quarterly because of this. I enjoy the visits and his sense of humor. I highly recommend him.
in Sebastian, FL |
I have been a patient there since he started practicing. Had skin cancer and surgery. I trust him.
in Vero Beach, FL |
Dr. Haskel is calm, respectful and listens well. I have been his patient for 20 years and he has dealt professionally and compassionately with all of my dermatological needs. In addition, he donates his time, talent and treasure to help those in need, particularly in Haiti.
in Vero beach, FL |
I have been seeing the good doctor for perhaps 12 years. I think That he does an excellent job and he has A very good attitude and his staff is friendly and efficient.
in Ft Pierce, FL |
I have been a patient of Dr. Heskel for over 23 years. Not only has he treated me professionally , but in a friendly manner. I have had no complaints ever and his Staff is worth their weight in gold.
in Vero Beach, FL |
Both the staff and Dr. Heskel are friendly and professional. Nothing short of excellence was delivered during each of my many weekly appointments. Highly recommended.
in Vero Beach, FL |
Timely. Does his own surgery. Thorough.
in Vero Beach, FL |
Both of my parent were patients of Dr. Heskel's in the past ( both are deceased) and I had taken them for appointments to Dr. Heskel's office. I was impressed at his kind and professional treatment of them. My parents felt very comfortable having Dr. Heskel tend to their needs. I had never had need to be treated for skin problems until recently. Without hesitation I Chose to call Dr. Heskel's office. His friendly staff were able to accommodate me the next day. Now I am blessed to be a patient.
in Vero Beach, FL |
Dr. Heskel and his staff are always pleasent . Always prompt with appointment availability. My psoriosis has been 99% cleared for about five years now.
in Vero Beach, FL |
Dr. Heskel has been my Dr. for 25+ years. He is easily acessable when it comes time to make an appointment for other than a yearly check up. His knowledge and attention to your health needs is evident and his greatest concern. In addition to the care he provides to patients, his staff is very courteous and knowledgeable.
in Sebastian.Fl |
Alway on time. Listen to you & treats your problems. His staff is very pleasant .
in Ft Pierce, FL |
Dr. Haskell has been my dermatologist for more than 25 years. He is highly skilled and extremely ethical keeping his patients welfare uppermost at all times. He is very personable and, as seen in his work in Haiti, he is also a great humanitarian.
in Vero Beach |
Dr. Heskel is an amazing Doctor. His staff, especially Alicia, are also wonderful and extremely helpful. My skin has been nearly 100% clear of severe psoriasis since I have been seeing him the past 8 years. I could not be more pleased, and I would recommend him to anyone and everyone who needs dermatological services. A++++ :)
in Vero Beach, FL |
Knows his patient. Takes extensive notes. Follows up on issues. Encourages quick action if there is the appearance of a problem. Minimizes wait time at time of appointment. Personable and capable.
in Sebastian, FL |
Listens and takes the time.
in Sebastian, FL |
I have been seeing Dr . Heskel for years, the level of professionalism is consistent, which instills confidence that treatment will be top notch.
Vero Beach, FL |
Very knowledgeable and experienced. Feel most comfortable in his care. Highly recommend his services.
in Fort Pierce |
Dr. Heskel and his staff are all very caring and compassionate towards their patients. He practices dermatology and not selling cosmetics and anti aging products. I have been a patient for over 20 years and hope he doesn't retire.
in Vero Beach, FL |
Very compassionate Dr. and we feel like we're in the best hands with him and his wonderful staff.
in Vero Beach, FL |
I not only admire Dr. Heskel for the work he does here in our city but also the volunteer work he does in other countries. He is truly gifted, pleasant, thorough, and gentle as well as a gentleman.
in Vero Beach, FL |
I am very happy with Dr. Heskel. He is attentive, provides thorough examinations, and is easy to discuss skin issues.
in Vero Beach, FL |
His attendants are all very friendly and accommodating. The doctor was very interested in my well being and condition for the past year, readily surveying the rash problem I have, disapproving of the items I had been using and issued a prescription for a better item, along with the recommendation I obtain one of the available hand application tools available for back areas, which I did. He has been a very satisfactory person for me.
in Vero Beach, FL |
Good physician and fine human being. Dr. Heskel is a care giver that truly cares for the welfare of his patients. His staff has few peers.
Vero Beach, FL |
He is very practical and always recommends reasonable or over the counter medicine if appropriate for a condition. I love his assistant Dude, who is running for President. Ask to meet Dude.
in Fort Pierce, FL |
I like Dr. Heskel because he doesn't do unnecessary procedures on you. He always lets you know whether or not your insurance is going to cover something that you may ask him to do, so you aren't surprised with a bill at the end of your visit. He lets you know if its necessary or not and lets you choose how you want to deal with some skin issues you may have. He has a pleasant personality and is pretty much on time.
in Vero Beach |
Have been a patient for over 16 years. Friendly staff and professional care from Dr Heskel. Never had a complaint in these many years, Office is kept clean and comfortable. Waiting time is acceptable. I have been to other Dermatologist before moving to Vero. He is the best...
A very caring Doctor.
in Vero Beach, FL |
Have seen Dr Heskel for several issues. The experience has been excellent and more importantly the conditions have been treated and cured. Highly recommend Dr Heskel to anyone looking for a dermatologist in Vero Beach area.
in Ft Pierce, FL |
Dr. Heskal has been wonderful,caring and attentive to my needs. I've been a patient for more then 6 yrs and never considered looking for another dermatologist because when I found dr heskal I found the best.
Vero Beach, FL |
Dr,Heskel is always pleasant and very easy going. Always willing to listen to hear what your concerns are if any. Myself and my husband have been going to him for six years. His office staff is always helpful and pleasant.
in Vero Beach, FL |
Dr. Heskel listened to me - he seemed to appreciate that I was well informed about my condition. He suggested we try something, which I appreciate. The appointment was on time and a breeze. AND... he takes all my insurances!!
in Vero Beach, FL |
Dr. Heskel's office visit is about as simple as falling off a log. He is all business about addressing your problem and gets to the root of the problem very quickly. He and his staff respect your time and get you in and out as quickly as possible. As an example of a physician who cares, on my latest visit he spent considerable amount of time making sure I understood completely what I needed to do to ensure my surgery was successful.
Vero Beach, FL |
Dr. Heskel and all his staff are always patient, punctual, caring and offer encouragement. I would not be able to find a more caring place for my skin care needs. They are absolutely "top-notch"!!!
in Vero Beach, FL |
Easy access. Kind and thoughtful. Confidence inspiring.
Have you seen Dr. Neil S. Heskel, MD?
Are you Dr. Heskel?

Compare Dr. Heskel

Dr. Heskel's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Dermatology
  •  Board certified in Dermatology

Dr. Heskel has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Heskel's Board Certifications

• Dermatology

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Itchy Skin
  • Leg and Foot Ulcers
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Mycosis Fungoides

Children's Hospital Los Angeles

Completed in 1979

Children's Hospital Los Angeles

Completed in 1980

Oregon Health & Science University (Ohsu)

Completed in 1983

Swarthmore College

Graduated in 1974

Dr. Heskel does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Heskel and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Dermatology

• Acne Surgery
  • Adjacent Tissue Transfer
  • Destruction of Benign Skin Lesion
  • Destruction of Malignant Skin Lesion
  • Excision of Skin Cancer
  • Narrow Band UVB Light for Psoriasis
  • Photodynamic Therapy (PDT)
  • Shaving of Skin Lesion
  • Skin Biopsy
  • Skin Tag Removal
  • Wart Treatment

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.