Dermatology  |
Dr. Neil Heskel, MD
Dr. Neil Heskel, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in Vero Beach, FL. He is 65 years old and has been practicing for 39 years. Dr. Heskel is affiliated with Indian River Medical Center.

HESKEL NEIL S MD OFFICE

865 37th Pl

Vero Beach, FL 32960

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida

Learn about Dr. Heskel

Every patient is considered a VIP. We try to treat you like we would like to be treated, with concern and respect.

Dr. Heskel's Experience

Dr. Heskel's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Dermatology
  • Board certified in Dermatology

• Dermatology

• Dermatology
    Accredited by: American Board of Dermatology*

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Itchy Skin
  • Leg and Foot Ulcers
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Mycosis Fungoides

• Destruction of Benign Skin Lesion
  • Destruction of Malignant Skin Lesion
  • Excision of Skin Cancer
  • Narrow Band UVB Light for Psoriasis
  • Photodynamic Therapy (PDT)
  • Shaving of Skin Lesion

• Children's Hospital Los Angeles
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1979
  • Children's Hospital Los Angeles
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1980
  • Oregon Health & Science University (Ohsu)
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1983

Dr. Heskel has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Heskel does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Heskel and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Heskel's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Heskel to family and friends
Dr. Heskel's Performance
in Vero Beach, FL |
I've been a patient of Dr. Heskel for some 25+ years, and it still amazes me as to how gentle and efficient he is. Most recently I've had a cancerous growth removed from my arm, with an intervening lung cancer surgery performed on my husband. Dr. Heskel was so very kind in balancing my needs with the greater needs of my husband. Thursday I had a follow-up appt. where he patiently guided me through my concerns regarding rosacia. Unhurried and well informed best describes him
Vero Beach, FL |
I have been treated by Dr. Heskel for several years and my daughter was treated by Dr. Heskel and he and his staff are always so pleasant, helpful, and have always fit me in the schedule when I needed to get in to see him quickly. Dr. Heskel has always addressed my concerns and remedied my dermatology issues. I highly recommend him.
Vero Beach, FL |
Excellent doctor, office efficiently run
Sebastian, FL |
Very likely. Waiting time was very minimal and very kind, caring service. Love The Dude.
in Vero Beach, FL |
I have been to other dermatologists in the past and have returned to Dr. Heskel in the last few years. I think he is thorough, knowledgeable and love the fact that there is very little "wait" time. I have been plagued with an irritating scalp condition for months, which he helped alleviate, if at least temporarily. I would recommend him to family and friends.
in Vero Beach, FL |
I am covered with freckles. Amidst all my spots Dr. Heskel found a melanoma at the earliest stage . I trust his skill, knowledge and wisdom. My daughter who lives in NY city visits Dr. Helkel rather than all of the big city specialists. She also entrusts the care of her 3 children with Dr Heskel. We are 3 generations in his care.
in Ft Pierce, FL |
Fantastic Doctor and staff. Very professional, kind and caring.
in Vero Beach |
Staff was professional and courteous. The physician did not seem to take much time to evaluate the condition. Overall rating good.
in Vero Beach, FL |
Dr. Haskel takes however much time is needed to explain the problem and the treatment options in a professional and knowledgeable way. Staff is professional and accommodating . I have recommend him to my friends and family.
in Vero Beach, FL |
One of the best decisions I've made was becoming a patient of Dr. Neskel, over 30 years ago. I highly recommend him to family and friends. He treats me mostly for too many years in the Florida sun. Over the years he has used just about all of his skin cancer treatments on me, always the appropriate treatment for the condition. Dr. Heskel cares about you as a patent and individual. He takes the time to listen to you and explain what is required.
in Vero Beach, Florida |
Dr. Heskel is a highly skilled dermatologist. He sees patients promptly, gives a thorough diagnosis with options for treatment, and follows through in a most professional manner. His support staff are excellent and considerate of the patient's needs and anxieties.
in Vero Beach, FL |
Dr. Heskel has been very helpful and done a good job in solving various issues needing Dermatology expertise.
Vero Beach |
Dr Heskel received his education in a leading US medical school and specialty training in excellent medical institutions. He is thorough , unrushed in listening to your medical problems and in explaining his assessment and recommended treatment. I have had several surgical procedures performed by him. He is skilled and gentle. I have the highest regard for him as a physician and would recommend him to my family and friends.
in Ft Pierce, FL |
My husband and I have been patients of Dr. Heskel for 17 years. We are totally satisfied with his care and would recommend him to others without hesitation.
in Vero Beach, FL |
I couldn't be happier with Dr. Heskel and his very competent staff. He treated my skin condition quickly, knows exactly what he's doing. The women in the office are very friendly and very, very helpful. The techs are perfect!
in Vero Beach, FL |
I have been seeing Dr. Heskel for about 2+ yrs. I tore a large patch of skin off my lower leg while working around the house. My wife's suggested I called his office and asked if I could get in. The response was "of course we will make room. Can you come in right now? " He was very helpful -patched me up and provided a RX and recommended how to care for it. Suggested I call immediately if any significant negative changes were encountered and set an appointment for me to come back in 2 weeks.
in Vero Beach, FL |
Had an emergency. They got me in the same day in spite of doing a very brisk business. Dr. Heskel's treatment was easy, fast and professional. Good support people, too, and the friendliest doctor's office staff I've met in decades.
in Vero Beach, FL |
I found Dr. Heskel to be direct and to the point without wasting time. Some patients may find his manner brisk or abrupt, but actually he is glad to answer any questions you may have, I don't go to him to discuss politics or the weather or chit chat so I appreciate his friendly , but direct to the point manner. I find him an excellent physician and would recommend him to all of my friends.
Vero Beach, FL |
He is very gentle and kind, always explains things clearly. He doesn't over-treat or under-treat a skin issue, always prescribes the right type of medicine that does the trick. Very practical and down-to-earth. A nice, courteous person and has a sense of humor. Is modest, not "full of himself".
in Fort Pierce, Fl |
Dr. Heskel has been taking care of me for twenty years. His skill and judgement are excellent. I trust him. His staff is caring, efficient, and fun to deal with. If needed, I would take my family members to his office for care because of his manner, skill and organization.
in Vero Beach, FL |
Very professional. In his own words, he "lets the pathologist do the talking." Very knowledgeable and polite. He performs Mohs surgery, which reduces the size and the depth of the incision. After a short wait in his Waiting Room, you receive the results of the surgery. In my case, he removed a basil cell with a small incision and an all clear result, meaning all the cancer had been removed. Can't ask for anything better than that.
in Vero Beach, FL |
Prompt attention to patients. Low waiting time. Thorough and professional. Skilled MOH surgeon. I have complete confidence in Dr Heskel.
in Vero Beach, FL |
He's not only a great physician but takes a pragmatic approach and his dry wit makes our visits something we look forward to each time we see him
Ft Pierce, FL |
Dr Heskel has cared for our family for over 20 years. I have and would recommend him to others. Skin cancer, surgery, bug bites, allergic reactions, and poison ivy...he has treated all! A true expert in the field.
in Vero Beach, FL |
I have been a patient of Dr. Heskel's for over 25 years. As a life-time Florida Resident, I have had skin issues and I always find him to be competent, efficient and honest! I often refer friends and my daughter and husband.
in Vero Beach, FL |
Dr. Heskel tells me tells me what I need to know in plain language and in a forthright manner. I feel totally confident in his diagnosis.
in Vero Beach, FL |
Dr. Heskel is the most patient and kind doctor. A very good listener with a very caring attitude.
in Vero Beach |
When I moved to Vero Beach 6 years ago, my mother recommended I see Dr. Heskel. I'm glad I did. I'm blonde and had a lot of sun damage from my childhood. Dr. Heskel treated me for these issues. After seeing him twice a year for a while, i'm now down to an annual visit. My skin issues are now nicely under control. A great doctor.
Vero Beach, FL |
Answers questions, personable, explains what he is doing.
Vero Beach, FL |
As always the staff and Dr. Heskel are pleasant and professional.
Jensen Beach, FL |
Dr. Heskel is skilled, patient and caring. He has cared for me for around 30 years. He stays very busy but somehow manages to work you into his schedule.
in Sebastian, FL |
would and have recommended Dr. Heskel many times; and have past out many of his cards. I find him to be a very good and informed Doctor.
in Vero Beach, FL |
I first met Dr. Heskel when he came to the Hospital. He diagnosed that I had developed a sever allergenic reaction to meds given to me. Once new medications were found and given to me, my body began to respond. I then visited Dr. Heskel for other Dermatological problems. I thank Dr. Heskel for what he has done for me. I highly recommend Dr. Heskel.
in Vero Beach, FL |
Terrific doctor! He was my mother's doctor also and she recommended him to me when I moved to FL Dr Heskel sees me immediately if I sense a problem. There is no long wait. He also stays on schedule so no long wait in waiting room
in Sebastian, FL |
Dr. Heskel is an expert - he knows what is cancerous and what isn't. He saw a suspicious brown spot, removed it and in the office, he told me he was certain it was a melanoma. The pathology a few days later proved him right. He quite likely saved my life. I go to him quarterly because of this. I enjoy the visits and his sense of humor. I highly recommend him.
in Sebastian, FL |
I have been a patient there since he started practicing. Had skin cancer and surgery. I trust him.
in Vero Beach, FL |
Dr. Haskel is calm, respectful and listens well. I have been his patient for 20 years and he has dealt professionally and compassionately with all of my dermatological needs. In addition, he donates his time, talent and treasure to help those in need, particularly in Haiti.
in Vero beach, FL |
I have been seeing the good doctor for perhaps 12 years. I think That he does an excellent job and he has A very good attitude and his staff is friendly and efficient.
in Ft Pierce, FL |
I have been a patient of Dr. Heskel for over 23 years. Not only has he treated me professionally , but in a friendly manner. I have had no complaints ever and his Staff is worth their weight in gold.
in Vero Beach, FL |
Both the staff and Dr. Heskel are friendly and professional. Nothing short of excellence was delivered during each of my many weekly appointments. Highly recommended.
in Vero Beach, FL |
Timely. Does his own surgery. Thorough.
in Vero Beach, FL |
Both of my parent were patients of Dr. Heskel's in the past ( both are deceased) and I had taken them for appointments to Dr. Heskel's office. I was impressed at his kind and professional treatment of them. My parents felt very comfortable having Dr. Heskel tend to their needs. I had never had need to be treated for skin problems until recently. Without hesitation I Chose to call Dr. Heskel's office. His friendly staff were able to accommodate me the next day. Now I am blessed to be a patient.
in Vero Beach, FL |
Dr. Heskel and his staff are always pleasent . Always prompt with appointment availability. My psoriosis has been 99% cleared for about five years now.
in Vero Beach, FL |
Dr. Heskel has been my Dr. for 25+ years. He is easily acessable when it comes time to make an appointment for other than a yearly check up. His knowledge and attention to your health needs is evident and his greatest concern. In addition to the care he provides to patients, his staff is very courteous and knowledgeable.
in Sebastian.Fl |
Alway on time. Listen to you & treats your problems. His staff is very pleasant .
in Ft Pierce, FL |
Dr. Haskell has been my dermatologist for more than 25 years. He is highly skilled and extremely ethical keeping his patients welfare uppermost at all times. He is very personable and, as seen in his work in Haiti, he is also a great humanitarian.
in Vero Beach |
Dr. Heskel is an amazing Doctor. His staff, especially Alicia, are also wonderful and extremely helpful. My skin has been nearly 100% clear of severe psoriasis since I have been seeing him the past 8 years. I could not be more pleased, and I would recommend him to anyone and everyone who needs dermatological services. A++++ :)
in Sebastian, FL |
Listens and takes the time.
Vero Beach, FL |
Very knowledgeable and experienced. Feel most comfortable in his care. Highly recommend his services.
in Fort Pierce |
Dr. Heskel and his staff are all very caring and compassionate towards their patients. He practices dermatology and not selling cosmetics and anti aging products. I have been a patient for over 20 years and hope he doesn't retire.
Have you seen Dr. Neil Heskel, MD?
Are you Dr. Heskel?