Dr. Neil Galindez, MD

Dr. Neil Galindez, MD

Cardiothoracic Surgery  ·
Dr. Neil Galindez, MD is a cardiothoracic surgery specialist in Lauderdale Lakes, FL and has been practicing for 4 years. He graduated from University Of Texas Health Science Center At Houston in 2006 and specializes in cardiothoracic surgery, cardiac surgery, and more.Read his story

3001 NW 49th Ave Ste 104

Lauderdale Lakes, FL 33313

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • Choice Care (Humana)
  • Medicare
  • Self Pay

Learn about Dr. Galindez

See how frequently Dr. Galindez performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Lung Surgery
Heart Disease
Heart Surgery

Dr. Galindez's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Galindez's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Galindez "My medical experience started in Emergency Medical Services as a paramedic providing 911 services in Texas. While working in EMS I attended undergraduate school at the University of Texas Pan-american and obtained my bachelor in science degree majoring in Biology as part of the Pre-Med program. I then attended medical school at the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston. After graduation I completed a 5 year residency program in General Surgery acting as chief clinical and administrative resident in my fifth year. I then completed a 3 year training fellowship in cardiothoracic surgery at the University of Texas Southwestern in Dallas. Currently I practice in South Florida where I am part of three cardiac surgery programs. My interests include arrhythmia surgery, heart valve surgery, minimally invasive and robotic thoracic surgery, mechanical circulatory support."

This content was provided by Dr. Galindez "Having my patients fully understand their disease process and their treatment options is my priority. In my practice I use the heart team approach where the patient's primary care physician, cardiologists, electrophysiologist, other specialists and myself communicate  to make a team decision for the best treatment option.  It is my philosophy that every patient has to actively participate in the decision making and I provide them with  information about the surgery including benefits and risks of the procedure and treatment options. I always encourage my patients to search for information on their own about the procedure and I ask them to bring their questions to the office so I can clarify any aspects of the treatment.  "

• Cardiothoracic Surgery

• Morristown Medical Center-Atlantic Health
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2011
  • University Of Texas Southwestern Medical Center At Dallas
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2014

Dr. Galindez has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Galindez does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Galindez and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Galindez's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Galindez

1.0

Dr. Galindez?
Dr. Galindez's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Neil Galindez, MD
My experience was unsatisfactory at several points: 1) Pre-op communications seriously understated the procedure, and its likely side effects, 2) Post-op communications was almost non-existent - never successfully reached Dr G despite several calls, 3) two significant complications post op...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Galindez, MD?
Not a very good patient advocate. Poor communication. Doesn't follow through with insurance issues.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Galindez, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Galindez?