Dr. Neil Chen, MD

Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive SurgeryMaleAge 61

Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery

Dr. Neil Chen, MD is a Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialist in Albuquerque, NM and has over 32 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from HARVARD UNIVERSITY / SCHOOL OF PSYCHOLOGY in 1991.

Dr. Neil Chen, MD

Plastic Surgery Institute of New Mexico

3830 MASTHEAD ST NE Albuquerque, NM 87109

Save up to 80% on prescriptions

Optum Perks and Healthgrades are subsidiaries of RVO Health.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for New Mexico

Check Dr. Chen's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Chen's conditions and procedures:

Dr. Chen accepts

Dr. Chen's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Chen

4.4

Seemed really nice at first and the education seemed good. But when he messed things up he took no responsibility.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Jan 25, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Chen, MD?
Excellent consultation. Dr. Chen took the time to research a health issue that I had and called me personally to discuss. He cares about his patients and really took the time to make sure I would not have any complications.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Cyd – Dec 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Chen, MD?
I will never have plastic surgery anywhere else! Dr. Chen took the time in my consultation to really put my mind at ease and listen thoroughly to what I expected for my results and then he absolutely exceeded them. I had my surgery during COVID when no one was allowed to go into the surgery center with patients. To say I was nervous was an understatement. Dr. Chen and the staff really took the time to help me feel more comfortable before surgery and even after when I was waking up and leaving. His follow-up was thorough and his information on my recovery was so beneficial. They even thoroughly explained to my husband all the thing he needed to do to help with my recovery and make it as smooth as possible. My follow up visits went smoothly and all of my minor concerns were addressed without making me feel like they were not important. When I saw myself without my bandages for the first time after surgery, I was in tears. I could not be happier with my results!
Samantha – Sep 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Chen, MD?
Dr. Chen explained very carefully why he did not recommend surgery for me. Another plastic surgeon from Calif. just had his nurse call and say no with no explanation. Dr. Chen's breadth and depth of knowledge, his gentle manner and no rush approach makes him my favorite physician of all time.
Dr. Chen is the BEST – Sep 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Chen, MD?
Careful, caring and competent. Does not over promise or over promote. Though you won’t see my picture I look a heck of a lot better thanks to Dr Chen.
Sep 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Chen, MD?
My wife and I have each had a surgical procedure performed by Dr Chen. As always, including my most recent office visit, he has been very friendly, professional and takes time to listen and to you and answers your questions and concerns .I have never felt rush He gives a fairly detailed explanation regarding the entire procedure from pre op, intra op and post op information, including the anesthesia. If there are choices on your procedure he will give you the pro and cons of each and his recommendation. Ultimately he will go with your wishes. He is an outstanding surgeon. My wife and I are very pleased with our results. Consequently these are the reasons I am scheduled for this procedure with him. I have worked as an Anesthesia provider since 1979. I don't believe I have ever seen or worked with a better plastic surgeon than Dr Chen. I highly recommend him.
Mar 17, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Chen, MD?
Dr. Chen is an excellent and knowledgeable surgeon who works with a kind and patient staff, not only at his office, but also at the surgery center he uses. I love the fact that he stays on top of the safety and effectiveness of the procedures that he does. Dr. Chen did both my implant and explant surgeries and both went very, very well. After my explant surgery, Dr. Chen personally called me to see how I was doing. I would highly recommend Dr. Chen for any cosmetic procedure your wanting to have.
Mar 17, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Chen, MD?
Dr. Chen and his staff were absolutely amazing! They were so kind and helpful from beginning to end. This was my first surgery and I was very nervous, I had lots of questions and they didn't make me feel rushed. I had a mommy makeover and the surgery came out better than I had expected. I received a breast lift, areola reduction, lipo on my bra rolls and flanks, and a tummy tuck. I had a lot of technical procedures all in the same appointment, I can tell Dr. Chen spent the time and attention to detail to make sure I had minimal scars and everything was symmetrical. My body looks like it did before I had my baby! I was close to my target weight and though mommy makeover's are not weight loss surgery (I lost 8lbs) I look a lot more proportionate and healthy than before. I also used to have lower back pain which I now no longer have after my surgery. I've been doing ab workouts and can see my six pack forming. It's a really wonderful feeling to have my body back!
Elise – Oct 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Chen, MD?
Dr Chen operated on my left hand in 1995 after a severe vehicle accident on duty as police officer. believe it was a trapezium resection. I still am pain free and never seemed to have lost any function of my thumb. I had decided at the time to not have the same surgery on my right thumb due to possibility of loss of strength. I wish i had opted for procedure on my right thumb, as now i have almost no use of that thumb. If Dr chen was in network with my insurance, i would definitely go back
Sandy L Juanillo in Brownwood, TX – Jun 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Chen, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Chen?