Dr. Neil Chen, MD

Orthopedic Hand SurgeryMaleAge 60

Dr. Chen

Plastic Surgery Institute of New Mexico PC

3830 MASTHEAD ST NE Albuquerque, NM 87109

Dr. Neil Chen, MD is a Orthopedic Hand Surgery Specialist in Albuquerque, NM and has over 34 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Harvard Medical School medical school in 1987. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Chen to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Orthopedic Hand Surgery Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for New Mexico

Check Dr. Chen's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Chen's conditions and procedures:

Dr. Chen accepts

Dr. Chen's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Chen

4.5

Dr. Chen?
  • Office environment (16)
  • Staff friendliness (16)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (15)
  • Appointment was rushed (2)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (2)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (2)
My wife and I have each had a surgical procedure performed by Dr Chen. As always, including my most recent office visit, he has been very friendly, professional and takes time to listen and to you and answers your questions and concerns .I have never felt rush He gives a fairly detailed explanation regarding the entire procedure from pre op, intra op and post op information, including the anesthesia. If there are choices on your procedure he will give you the pro and cons of each and his recommendation. Ultimately he will go with your wishes. He is an outstanding surgeon. My wife and I are very pleased with our results. Consequently these are the reasons I am scheduled for this procedure with him. I have worked as an Anesthesia provider since 1979. I don't believe I have ever seen or worked with a better plastic surgeon than Dr Chen. I highly recommend him.
Mar 17, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Chen, MD?
Dr. Chen is an excellent and knowledgeable surgeon who works with a kind and patient staff, not only at his office, but also at the surgery center he uses. I love the fact that he stays on top of the safety and effectiveness of the procedures that he does. Dr. Chen did both my implant and explant surgeries and both went very, very well. After my explant surgery, Dr. Chen personally called me to see how I was doing. I would highly recommend Dr. Chen for any cosmetic procedure your wanting to have.
Mar 17, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Chen, MD?
Dr. Chen and his staff were absolutely amazing! They were so kind and helpful from beginning to end. This was my first surgery and I was very nervous, I had lots of questions and they didn't make me feel rushed. I had a mommy makeover and the surgery came out better than I had expected. I received a breast lift, areola reduction, lipo on my bra rolls and flanks, and a tummy tuck. I had a lot of technical procedures all in the same appointment, I can tell Dr. Chen spent the time and attention to detail to make sure I had minimal scars and everything was symmetrical. My body looks like it did before I had my baby! I was close to my target weight and though mommy makeover's are not weight loss surgery (I lost 8lbs) I look a lot more proportionate and healthy than before. I also used to have lower back pain which I now no longer have after my surgery. I've been doing ab workouts and can see my six pack forming. It's a really wonderful feeling to have my body back!
Elise – Oct 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Chen, MD?
Dr Chen operated on my left hand in 1995 after a severe vehicle accident on duty as police officer. believe it was a trapezium resection. I still am pain free and never seemed to have lost any function of my thumb. I had decided at the time to not have the same surgery on my right thumb due to possibility of loss of strength. I wish i had opted for procedure on my right thumb, as now i have almost no use of that thumb. If Dr chen was in network with my insurance, i would definitely go back
Sandy L Juanillo in Brownwood, TX – Jun 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Chen, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Chen?

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery