Dr. Neil Bhayani, MD

Surgical Oncology ·  Male · Age 39

Dr. Bhayani

Association South Bay Surgeons

23451 Madison St Ste 340 Torrance, CA 90505

Dr. Neil Bhayani, MD is a surgical oncology specialist in Torrance, CA and has been practicing for 7 years. He graduated from University of Pittsburgh Medical Center in 2005 and specializes in surgical oncology, general surgery, and more.

Dr. Bhayani accepts

Dr. Bhayani accepts the following insurance:

Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
HealthPlus Amerigroup
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
Meritain Health
Tricare

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Bhayani's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Bhayani treats this condition more than 91% of his peers

Pancreatic Cancer

Dr. Bhayani treats Pancreatic Cancer more than 85% of his peers

Dr. Bhayani treats this condition more than 85% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Familial Pancreatic Cancer

• Gallbladder Cancer
  • Gallbladder Diseases
  • Gallbladder Removal (Cholecystectomy), Laparoscopic
  • Gastrinoma
  • Gastroenterologic Cancer (Colon, Stomach, Esophageal, Liver)
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastroparesis
  • Neuroendocrine Tumors
  • Open Diaphragmatic and-or Paraesophageal Hiatal Hernia Repair
  • Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair
  • Open Tumor Ablation, Liver
  • Pancreatectomy (incl. Pancreas Transplant and Whipple Procedure)
  • Pancreatic Cancer
  • Stomach Diseases
  • Umbilical Hernia
  • Uterine Diseases
  • Ventral Hernia

Complex GI problems and cancers require specialized attention and more care than standard textbook medicine. I strive to give every patient that extra time, consideration, and attention needed to really address the disease, but also the sym...

• Surgical Oncology
  • General Surgery
  • Laparoscopic Surgery

2013
Hepato-Pancreatic-Biliary & Surgical Oncology
2012
Foregut and Minimally Invasive Surgery Fellowship
2011
Masters of Health Sciences in Clinical Investigation at Johns Hopkins Public Health
2010

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Bhayani

Dr. Bhayani?
Dr. Bhayani's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Neil Bhayani, MD
I can not express how happy we are to have found Dr. Bhayani. We came out of his office well informed, educated, & with peace of mind that we know what’s going on with my boyfriends health. Excellent communicator. Explained everything so we could understand. Provided sound health care advice & information. And on top of all his professionalism he is an extremely pleasant , likable doctor. ~Damir K. & Tina I.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Bhayani, MD?
We were so fortunate to find Dr. Bhayani when my father was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. He cam e highly recommended online and from my PCP, and completely lived up to it . He spent an tremendous amount of time with us and answered all of our questions. He was honest, empathetic, and so clear in his explanations. He did the Whipple operation like a pro in 4 hours! My father bounced back from surgery but most importantly, Dr. Bhayani was there every step of the way.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Bhayani, MD?
After a new diagnosis of cancer, I was really shaken and not sure what to expect when meeting the surgeon. Dr. Bhayani's demeanor showed so much genuine concern for me and immediately put me at ease. It was a VERY long visit because I had so many questions, but he patiently answered all of them. Very knowledgeable and confident. The surgery went great and I am CANCER-FREE. He took the time to care for me but also care about me. What a great human being, physician and surgeon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Bhayani, MD?
I feel extremely fortunate to have had Dr. Bhayani as my surgeon. From the first moment he was well prepared to discuss my situation. His analysis of my medical problem was well informed and knowledgeable, and his treatment recommendations were delivered with a comforting professional confidence. He spent as much time with me as I wanted, and his advice for my recovery period was spot-on. Having surgery is not fun, but Dr. Bhayani's careful hand and exceptional skills got me through it.
I am very thankful for your feedback and so glad...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Bhayani, MD?
Dr Bhayani was the flawless professional I had hoped for. He briefed me thoroughly prior to the surgery and explained his additional expertise in the area of Gallbladder. He has superior communication skills. I also asked him if he would remove an additional cyst I had so I did not have to go through this twice. His staff took care of insurance paperwork and it was done perfectly. The good news is the surgery wounds healed very fast and were not a problem for me.
It was my pleasure. No surgery is minor and I am...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Bhayani, MD?
What a nice man and surgeon. Would use again and highly recommend for anyone looking for a surgeon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Bhayani, MD?
Dr. Bhayani is the absolute best surgeon ever! He is kind and very much in tune to the patient's feelings. All surgeries make me nervous and Dr. Bhayani spent time with me to answer all my questions to put me at ease. He is patient and understanding. My surgery was a breeze. I had my gallbladder removed and he did an excellent job. I had heard horror stories about the scars and not being able to eat like before. I have had zero problems since my surgery and my scars all healed up very nicely.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Bhayani, MD?
I would wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Neil Bhayani to family and friends. Aside from being an extremely competent physician, he has a compassion for his patients and a bedside manner that is unsurpassed by any other doctor I have ever worked with. He helped me through some very difficult times.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Bhayani, MD?
Dr Bhayani was Great! He made me feel at ease due to i was very nervous & As it turned out i needed emergency surgery to removey appendix. Also He made sure i was of good health before he sent me home from the hospital. Thank you Dr Bhayani
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Bhayani, MD?
Dr Bhayani is a wonderful person and great doctor. We talked before surgery and he answered all my questions. The day of surgery I was not scared or nervous. I knew I was in good hands.He kept his word. I healed fast and had very little pain. I will recommend him to anyone that asks. Thank you Dr Bhayani
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Bhayani, MD?
Dr. Bhayani perform colon cancer surgery on my wife. I am a pastor and deal with lots of medical people. Dr. Bhayani was outstanding, competent but most importantly truly cared about us. The surgery was very successful due to his great skill. I would encourage anyone needing his service to have great confidence in his medical knowledge and also his personal manner.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Bhayani, MD?
Kind, courteous, professional and knowledgeable.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Bhayani, MD?
I would most definitely recommend Dr. Bhayani to other patients. He had a calm, kind manner about him that was very reassuring to me. My health issue was causing me great concern, and anxiety. He thoroughly explained my condition, and what would take place with my upcoming surgery. He greatly reduced my fears. I went into surgery with full confidence, knowing I had a very skilled, professsional doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Bhayani, MD?
I had a Nissen fundoplication to fix severe GERD that has plagued me for over 10 years. I feel very lucky to have found Dr. Bhayani to complete this surgery. He took the time to answer every question, go through every possible complication, and made sure I understood the procedure completely before proceeding. The level of care I received went above and beyond, and his professionalism and knowledge left me feeling completely at ease. I would recommend Dr. Bhayani as he has helped me so much!
It was my pleasure. Antireflux surgery is a...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Bhayani, MD?
My experience with Dr. Bhayani was the best I have ever experienced in a long time. He has so much compassion for his pacentices. He takes the time to explain everything you need to know and all the option that you have, and explains it so you can understand. I live out of town and would make the trip to Torrance if I ever needed medical treatment in his field. He treated my Mother with the utmost care and kindness. Thank you so much Dr. Bhayani.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Bhayani, MD?
I had complete confidence about my colon resection surgery after meeting with Dr. Bhayani. His explanation about the procedure was thorough and I had a very good understanding about the surgery and the recovery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Bhayani, MD?
I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Bhayani! He has Great bedside manners and is very descriptive when it comes explaining the procedure the aftercare etc.. My daughter forgot to ask him some questions before we left so she contacted him right away left message with MA and once MA called back instead of her giving me the info Dr. Bhayani hopped on the phone immediately and explained each answer to my questions I had for him. My family and I are very happy with my Care under Dr. Bhayani!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Bhayani, MD?
Excellent bedside manner, friendly, confident, knowledgeable.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Bhayani, MD?
My experience with Dr. Bhayani has been glowingly positive. He is extremely knowledgeable, kind and compassionate. After determining that a standard surgical treatment is contraindicated for me due to another existing condition, he referred me to an out-of-network provider for an alternative procedure that my health plan considered as investigational and denied. Over the next 6 months, he spent time supporting me appeal this denial, which was finally overturned by the DMHC through IMR. Thank you
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neil Bhayani, MD?
Dr. Bhayani is the best! We had our first consultation on January 14, 2016. Simply by reviewing the CT scan and MRI's we brought with us, he was able to inform us that I did not have a mass in my pancreas that could possibly be malignant as originally diagnosed by doctors in Las Vegas. You can imagine what a relief it was to hear this good news. Subsequent surgery by Dr. Bhayani to remove the cyst from my pancreas eliminated frequent abdominal pain I had for many years.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Bhayani?