Dr. Nehad Soloman, MD

RheumatologyMaleAge 45

Telehealth services available

Arizona Arthritis and Rheumatology Associates

9520 W Palm Ln Ste 220 Phoenix, AZ 85037

Dr. Nehad Soloman, MD is a Rheumatology Specialist in Phoenix, AZ and has over 22 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Soloman has more experience with Arthritis and Arthropathy and Autoimmune Diseases than other specialists in his area. He graduated from State University Of New York At Stony Brook medical school in 1999. He is affiliated with Banner Boswell Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Soloman to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Rheumatology Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Soloman accepts

Dr. Soloman accepts the following insurance:

Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
Whole Health Banner Health Network
Whole Health Banner Health Network HMO
Whole Health Banner Health Network OAMC
National (BlueCard) PPO
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS)
Medicaid of Arizona
Coventry Health Care
Medicare Advantage PFFS
Health Net
Health Net PPO
Health Net of Arizona, Inc.
Health Net of Arizona HMO
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
MedHealthInsurance
Medico
PacifiCare PPO
Wisconsin Physicians Service

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Arizona

Frequently Treated by Dr. Soloman

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Soloman treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Soloman treats other conditions, please contact the office at (480) 443-8400.

Arthritis and Arthropathy

Arthritis and arthropathy specialists diagnose and treat diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, osteoarthritis, and ankylosing spondylitis that damage joints, causing pain, stiffness and swelling.Compare with other Arthritis and Arthropathy specialists.

Dr. Soloman typically treats 68% more often than similar doctors

High Frequency
Very High Frequency
Similar Providers

Autoimmune Diseases

Autoimmune disease specialists diagnose and treat conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, multiple sclerosis, and celiac disease in which the immune system attacks healthy cells.Compare with other Autoimmune Diseases specialists.

Dr. Soloman typically treats 75% more often than similar doctors

• Adhesive Capsulitis
  • Amyloidosis
  • Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Ankylosing Vertebral Hyperostosis
  • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
  • Arthropathy Associated With Reiters Disease
  • Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Dermatomyositis
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Fever
  • Goodpasture's Disease
  • Gout
  • Hammer Toe
  • Henoch–Schönlein Purpura (HSP)
  • Hepatitis B - Immune Response
  • Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Polymyositis
  • Psoriatic Arthritis
  • Purpura
  • Raynaud's Disease
  • Reiter's Syndrome (Reactive Arthritis)
  • Sarcoidosis

Dr. Soloman's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Soloman

4.3

Dr. Soloman?
  • Office environment (51)
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (49)
  • Wait times (48)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (9)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (9)
  • Appointment was rushed (8)
Dr. Solomon may be a great physician from a medical perspective but we didnt connect from a patient perspective. Most of first visit was spent with PA, maybe 5 minutes with him. He ordered bloodwork and f/u appt. Follow up was same drill except he came in, said all my previous drs. In other states were wrong then he pronounced his diagnosis and told me to see his PA in 3 weeks and left the room. Needless to say the next appt. didnt happen.
Not Impressed – Nov 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nehad Soloman, MD?
As a new patient, you never quite know what to expect from a new Doctor. I was pleasantly surprised and very happy with my first visit with Dr. Soloman. Just for a Rheumatology Specialist Checkup and I had a few questions about certain things that had started to bother me. I first saw Dr. Soloman's Assistant Randy Jay, and she was great too. Dr. Soloman was very thorough with his examination and asked me a lot of questions. He also answered all of my questions and did not rush me at all. He has excellent bedside manners, provides impaccable service and medical advice second to none. I highly recommend Dr. Nehad Soloman.
Jaime Ayala – Aug 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nehad Soloman, MD?
I have been Dr. Soloman‘s patient for many years. While under his care, he has taken excellent care of me, always listening and striving to find answers to my health care needs. Two traits I especially appreciate/value about Dr. Soloman is, first, he genuinely listens to concerns and/or questions, and then provides suggestions or options as to how to deal with an issue. This creates a sense of teamwork; I appreciate that. Secondly, he is always “a step ahead” of my health care needs. He has NEVER missed a beat! My husband has said, many times, “You couldn’t have asked for a better doctor!” So, Dr. Soloman, we sincerely thank you for your excellent care over the years.
Lisa Reuter – May 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nehad Soloman, MD?
An excellent technician, but lacking either common courtesy or bedside manner. If you have questions, beware! Should you take up too much of the doctor's time, he will lecture you on just what questions you should ask and how you should ask those questions - all, as he himself said, in an effort to be "helpful." But what it really boils down to is that he feels his precious time is being wasted. So, if you can set aside his being obnoxious because you want a skilled technician, fine. But if you want information but are concerned that you will be lectured on how to ask questions to his satisfaction, you would benefit by choosing another doctor.
Mar 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nehad Soloman, MD?
I am a patient of Dr Solomon and he is very kind and caring. He recently recommended me to a clinical research that has literally changed my life for the best ! I’ve lived with rheumatoid arthritis for 7 years went to Dr. Soloman and he and the research program have improved my life so much! Me and my family feel so blessed! Dr Soloman is the best!!
Martha A. in Phoenix , AZ – Feb 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nehad Soloman, MD?
After I was diagnosed with RA I wasted 1-1/2 years with another doctor. Thank God a friend through work recommended Dr. Soloman!!! I’ve been treated with respect, understanding, and TLC. Dr. Soloman & Kate Placedo take the time to thoroughly explain every step in the process of my treatment. I’m so grateful to say that my RA is no longer in the “severe” range! I haven’t felt so good in a long time! God bless this fabulous doctor! I highly recommend Dr. Soloman to anyone with RA!
Cindy Strozewski in Surprise, AZ – Jan 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nehad Soloman, MD?
It has been over a year that Dr. Soloman has taken care of my husband and daughter with severe chronic illnesses and managed their quality of life. We appreciate him and his wonderful staff for their patience and compassion they have shown. I recommend him to anyone.
Luz E Melendez in Camp Verde, AZ – Sep 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nehad Soloman, MD?
My initial visit I spent explaining everything to the Nurse Practitioner, who then plays the "Telephone Game" and goes and relays everything I just said to the Dr. - The Dr. then comes in, spends about 2 mins with me and leaves. Follow up visits are then with the Nurse Practitioner and not the Dr? The NP by the way is great, but I am paying a specialist fee and expect to be seen by a Dr who is trained and has experience in rheumatology. Not a great experience or the Dr for me.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Sep 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nehad Soloman, MD?
I am taking the scleroderma journey with Dr Soloman. From the diagnosis five years ago, thru frequent office visits and medications/treatments, he has been my biggest advocate. I never feel rushed and all questions are answered in a manner I can understand. It is my pleasure (and give-back) to share my appointment with a student as Dr Soloman is an excellent teacher. I have my blood drawn in the office and appointment times have always been adhered to. I am in good hands.
Susan in SUN CITY WEST – Sep 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nehad Soloman, MD?
I had a terrible experience with this doctor. On the initial visit he was training a student and I was the guinea pig. He pushed clinical trials every time I saw him even before he diagnosed me with anything. And he never did diagnosed me with anything. I found his office very difficult to deal with. Minimum 20-30 minutes on hold every time I called. His staff was not good at dealing with medical records and seemed to lose at least one of them. Found help with another doctor.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Ben in Phoenix, AZ – Aug 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nehad Soloman, MD?
DR Soloman has improved my quality of life tremendously!!!! He always listens to me and then explains my options for treatment. He is such a kind person!!!! He talks to me not at me!!!! There are no words that can fully express how wonderful he is! Both as a DR and a person!!!! He truly cares about his patients!!!! He is a DR for all the right reasons!!!! Thank You DR Soloman for everything you have done and continue to do for me and my health!!!! I am forever grateful!!!!
Michelle White – Jun 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nehad Soloman, MD?
Dr. Soloman and his PA Sarah are just wonderful. My last Rheumy was just awful. Dr. Soloman and Sarah put me at ease the moment I met them. I am so happy to have this amazing team in my corner! Their staff is also great and very efficient. You never wait longer than 5 minutes from the time of your appointment. I would really recommend Dr. Soloman and his office.
tracy williams in PEORIA – May 04, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nehad Soloman, MD?
Since my first appt. 8 yrs ago, he made me feel at ease, when my husband was diagnosed with gout I made an appt. for him with Dr. Soloman, we were very satisfied with our level of care. I recently went to tell him that I would have to stop taking my Meds, because I was losing my insurance , And I was unsure I would have any drug coverage. He said. You are my patient, not your insurance. We will do whatever we can to bridge the gap, We'll find a way I felt like he cared about my situation
Irene Hernandez in Goodyear, AZ – Apr 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nehad Soloman, MD?
I have Lupus and Fibromyalgia and have been seeing Dr. Soloman for 4 years now, after having a mediocre care elsewhere. I followed him from his last office and will continue to follow him anywhere else he may go. He is wonderful! He listens and genuinely cares for his patients. He has helped me keep my Lupus and Fibro in check as much as possible. If you are looking for a great Dr. with wonderful bedside manor and genuine concern, then look no further, here he is!
Roxsalina Soler in Phoenix, AZ – Apr 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nehad Soloman, MD?
I saw him for about two years and my disease was as in remission. He kept trying to convince me to get in to a drug trial. I had zero symptoms and was feeling better than I had been for ten years. I know docs get a nice, fat payment for filling drug trials, but I wasn't going to jeopardize my heath for his wallet. I don't trust him at all and quit seeing him.
Cave Creek, AZ – Mar 07, 2017
Indeed, our practice conducts clinical trials. ...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nehad Soloman, MD?
I've been a patient of Dr. Soloman's for several years. He truly cares about his patients as people. He went to great lengths to get me an accurate diagnosis. He is such a compassionate man and an excellent doctor. He takes the time to listen and helped me with a difficult time I was having. I've moved away from the Phoenix area, but I make the trip to the valley so that I can keep Dr. Soloman as my rheumatologist.
P.S. Sweet in Payson, AZ – May 03, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nehad Soloman, MD?
I was very impressed with what a kind compassionate person he is. He left his office feeling like finally I found a doctor who understood my pain, and that he was going to take steps quickly to get me help.
Barbara L in Phoenix, AZ – Mar 27, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nehad Soloman, MD?
Incredibly amazing and very thorough Dr! Dr. Solomon it is one of the best doctors I've ever had and I've seen a lot of doctors the past few years. Hands down the best Rheumatologist!
Ericka in Surprise, AZ – Feb 03, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nehad Soloman, MD?
I landed in Arizona with a diagnosis not many are familiar with. My Rheumotologist from Arkansas recommended Dr. Soloman for my AZ Rheumotologist. He is wonderful! I have heard so many great things about him from other healthcare professionals when they hear he is on my team.
C. K. in Surprise, AZ – Jan 27, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nehad Soloman, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Soloman?

Patient Centered Care! My goal is to provide the most comprehensive patient care without compromise. You should not leave without having all your questions...Read more

• Rheumatology