Dr. Neal Smith, MD

Dr. Neal Smith, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male | 61 years old

Dr. Smith specializes in Orthopedic Surgery and practices in Woodbury, NY. He practices at 2 locations.

Are you Dr. Smith? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Smith's Experience

See how Dr. Smith's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Smith

Dr. Smith accepts 19 insurance carriers

Dr. Smith's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Smith to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Smith
Dr. Smith's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (27)
in Hicksville, NY |
I just got back from dr Smith. I was very pleased. The staff was wonderful. Dr. Smith took the time to talk to and explained to me in laymen terms gave me a report for dr berrin. He took an X-Ray and explained the xray to me. Gave me a cortisone injection he said I can get a injection 4 to 6 months if needed. I definitely would go back and recommend to family and friends. Been to several orthopedics and no one was as nice to me like dr. Smith.
Hi Maria. We are so happy to hear that you were pleased with your experience at Orlin & Cohen with Dr. Smith and the office staff. Patient care is our top priority, so we are glad you got the chance to experience that firsthand while with us.
in Farmingdale, NY |
Very happy with Dr Smith's visit. I saw him for elbow and back pain. Staff was friendly and helpful. Dr Smith was very professional. Excellent bedside manner. He didn't rush me at all. He listened to my concerns and answered all my questions. He explained my diagnosis and my plan of care. I would definitely recommend him to friends and family.
Hi Tim, Thanks for the wonderful feedback regarding your recent visit with Dr. Smith. We appreciate you taking the time and effort to let us know how we are doing. We wish you the best of luck on your road to recovery.
in Syosset, NY |
My wife and I have used Dr. Smith for various Orthopedic issues for many years and have always found him to be right on target with his diagnosis and treatment. I am happy to endorse him.
Hi David. On behalf of Dr. Smith and everyone at Orlin & Cohen we wanted to say thank you for the wonderful feedback you left here. Have a great day!
in Port Washington, NY |
I've known Dr Smith for years he's been of great help to me whenever I've needed it
Hi Fred. Thanks for the kind words about Dr. Smith. We will be sure to send them along to him. Have a great day!
in Cape Coral Florida |
I have seen Dr. Smith for many years. He takes the time to listen to your concerns and a trusted professional. Now that I snow bird to Florida every year, I will wait to see Dr. Smith only.
Hi Julie. Thanks for leaving great feedback for Dr. Smith! Have a wonderful day.
in Rvc NY |
My friend told me about Dr. Smith in 2005; I'm so thankful she did. He has helped me, my husband, son , daughter and father- in- law many times throughout the years. Just wish he could be my everything Doctor. He is a kind, caring man besides being a Great orthopedic Dr.
Hi Marybeth. Thank you for the wonderful review left for Dr. Smith. We are very happy that you have been satisfied with your care while with us. Have a great day!
in Woodbury, NY |
My entire family has been using Dr. Neal Smith for over 10 years and he has always given us fabulous medical care. Dr. Smith has treated my 2 sons for many broken bones over the course of over 10 years. He is also currently treating me for an injured shoulder. Dr. Smith is knowledgeable, caring, accurate and thorough in any exam and treatment we have ever had. I have recommended Dr Smith to several friends and everyone has always thanked me for referring him. I highly recommend Dr. Smith.
Hi Lori. On behalf of Dr. Smith and everyone at Orlin & Cohen we wanted to say thank you for the wonderful feedback you left here. Have a great day!
in Huntington Station, NY |
I have been going to Dr Smith for the last two months and I have always felt that he was concerned, thorough and very respectable. He takes his time and asks all the right questions. I am completely satisfied with Dr Smith.
Thanks for taking the time to leave a great review Harris.
in RVC, NY |
Dr. Smith is a wonderful doctor. All of my experiences have been positive and pleasant. He is very thorough and careful to document everything diligently. I feel very comfortable with Dr. Smith and would highly recommend him. My family has trusted him for several years and we greatly value his medical advice.
Hi Amanda. We are very happy that Dr. Smith and Orlin & Cohen were able to meet the expectations that you and all our patients have come to expect from us. Thanks for sharing your wonderful feedback for all to see. Have a great day!
in Syosset |
Dr Smith is an outstanding physician . He has been taking care of me for over 10 years . I always leave his office with either less pain or a plan to relieve whatever hurts . He's wonderful if you have an emergency - he has treated my kids , husband and many people I have referred to him . All of them are extremely satisfied with his care .
Hello Jane. Thank you kindly for your wonderful feedback of Dr. Smith. We really appreciate it and are glad you enjoyed your experience with us. Have a great day!
in oceanside ny |
I have been seeing DR. Smith for my shoulder and I have to say he has helped me out > I feel much better and he went over everything with me. Nice guy Thanks DR. Smith
Thank you for the lovely feedback!
in Huntington, NY |
Dr. Smith has been treating my family for over 22 years. Between my children's various broken bones, my mother-in-laws broken ankle, and my hip and back issues, he has always taken care of us. He brings you right in if you have an emergency, you never wait to see him, his staff is very courteous, and he treats you as if you are the only patient he has. He is very professional, answers all of your questions, has a great bedside manner. I would definitely recommend him.
Dear Bridget, We are very excited to hear the wonderful feedback left for Dr. Smith. We completely agree with you and are glad that others now get to read this terrific testimonial on behalf of your family. Thank you!
in Little Neck NY |
I am 25 years old and have a bad back. I am VERY tall and Dr. Smith helped me tremendously . Combination of medication and physical therapy and I've never felt better . Great orthopedist
Hello Max. We are very happy that you enjoyed your experience with Dr. Smith. Thank you for leaving great feedback for others to share in as well.
in Levittown NY |
Dr Smith has helped me many times with different orthopedic issues . He has always solved my problems quickly . He is very caring and thorough . Have recommended him to many who are very happy with him . Thanks Dr. Smith
Hello Stuart. Thanks for the terrific feedback left for Dr. Smith. We are happy you were pleased with your care and glad that you have recommended Dr. Smith to others. Thank you!
in Syosset NY |
Dr Smith has been my doctor for many years and the one thing I always say and stand by is that he takes me out of pain . I suffer from osteoarthritis in the knees, elbows and neck . I have been relatively pain free since I am in Dr. Smiths care . I have recommend him to at least a dozen people all of whom were very grateful to have found him
Hi Jane! Thanks for leaving such wonderful feedback for Dr. Smith. Have a great day!
in Plainview, NY |
I saw Dr. Smith a few days ago for a pain in my shoulder. He meticulously read through my medical history and explained the two different injuries I had in my shoulder. He explained that the pain and discomfort I was having today was unrelated to a larger issue I have. He discussed that a cortisone shot would probably be very helpful for this problem. After receiving the shot my shoulder felt immediately better. A few day have passed and I feel terrific! Thank you Dr. Smith!!!
Hello Alan. Thank you for the wonderful feedback you left for Dr. Smith. We're happy you're pleased with your experience. We strive to provide world-class care and treatment for all our patients. Have a great day!
in Yonkers, NY |
Broken Ankle: He had a terrible bed side manner. He man handled my leg while cutting off the splint and recasting me. He was dismissive at every turn. When I had questions and concerns about surgery his demeanor suggested that he felt I was wasting his time with my questions. When the new caste was finally on he said he'd be right back to do a final check and then disappeared. Finally, I said that it felt too loose and that I could still MOVE MY ANKLE he insisted the caste was fine. Awful Doctor
in Roslyn, NY |
Dr. Smith insisted that there is nothing wrong with my knee even after seeing my MRI results! the pain was unbearable , he saw me limping as I was not able to put any weight on my leg I received multiple injections wich did not help !!! mri stated very clearly that i had torn miniscus but he still insisted there was nothing wrong with my knee . I went to see 2 other doctors for 2nd opinion and both agree with mri readings and suggested surgery! i suffered needlesly for3months ! horrible expnce
in New Hyde Park, NY |
Dr. Smith dismissed my diagnosis from my previous Dr, which I only left because he did not take my new health insurance. He only ordered an MRI because I told him I wanted one, and then didn't even read the results until have way through of my visit to go over the results. He stated that I didn't have a labral tear and all I needed was physical therapy, when in fact I have two of them, and it's degenerative. It was a waste of my time and would not recommend him to anyone I know.
Have you seen Dr. Neal Smith, MD?

Compare Dr. Smith

Dr. Smith's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Smith has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Smith's Board Certifications

• Chondrocalcinosis
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Gout
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hip Sprain
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain