Dr. Neal Beightol, MD

Dr. Neal Beightol, MD

Dermatology  ·
Dr. Neal Beightol, MD is a dermatologist in Naples, FL and has been practicing for 21 years. He graduated from University of Miami Miller School of Medicine in 1994 and specializes in dermatology, dermatologic surgery, and more.Read his story

1459 Ridge St Ste 2

Naples, FL 34103

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida

Learn about Dr. Beightol

See how frequently Dr. Beightol performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Dermatitis
Jock Itch
Ringworm

Dr. Beightol's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Beightol's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Beightol "Hi, I am Neal Beightol. My father's family were dairy farmers in Jamestown, NY, before the clan moved to Florida when I was 6 months old. Growing up in a small town, I always wanted to see the world, but my first stop was Miami Christian College where I met my wonderful wife of 30 years, Joanne. It is also where I discovered medicine, working my after school hours at a pathology lab. I transferred to Florida International University, graduating suma cum laude with a degree in Biology and then entered into the University of Miami School of Medicine, receiving the Doctorate in Medicine degree. I also joined the U.S. Air Force at this time, spending my summers and clinical rotations at various D.O.D. medical centers. Although my first love in medicine was dermatology, I hoped to work overseas in medically under-served areas, so I chose to pursue a path in Family Medicine so that I would have the most comprehensive foundation from which to serve wherever I found myself in the Air Force, and in the world.Following graduation, I completed a residency in Family Medicine at St. Vincents Medical Center in Jacksonville, Florida, continuing externships in dermatology and plastic surgery at Shands Hospital, Jacksonville Naval Air Station, and the dermatology residency program at Travis Air Force Base. Following completion of my residency, I went on extended active duty in the Air Force, providing dermatology consultation services and serving as chief of emergency services at Tyndall Air Force Hospital, Panama City, Florida. In 2001, I brought my family to the beautiful city of Naples, Florida, and have been practicing clinical and cosmetic dermatology here for the last 15 years. My family and I travel overseas once or twice a year, working with medical missions groups in medically unreached areas of Haiti, Guatemala, and Romania. "

This content was provided by Dr. Beightol "We believe in listening to our patients.  Taking the time to know them.  Understand not just their concerns, but the context of their lives.  Medicine is not just numbers and procedures.  It is about relationships and communication.  Medicine is not always choosing an item from column A and two from column B; it is about understanding and caring how a procedure or treatment will impact a patient's life.  It is about understanding the relationship between stress, anxiety and the intensity of life in our current culture and how it impacts the health of the skin.  It is about practicing the continual awareness that each person on the schedule is not a number or a condition or a time slot, but a unique and individual human being with an entire life context, and a uniquely personal system of amazingly interactive organ systems.  We believe in treating you, the person, not some five digit diagnostic code."

• Dermatology
  • Cosmetic Dermatology
  • Dermatologic Surgery

Dr. Beightol does not have any board certifications listed.

• Abscess or Cyst Drainage or Aspiration

• St Vincents Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1995
  • St Vincent's Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1997

Dr. Beightol has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Beightol has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Beightol does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Beightol and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Beightol's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Beightol

4.0

Dr. Beightol?
Dr. Beightol's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Neal Beightol, MD
I have recommended Dr. Beightol to friends and they have been very pleased. He is professional and very knowledgeable. The best skin Doctor in Naples!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neal Beightol, MD?
This person is NOT a Dermatologist and is representing himself fraudulently. Please take the time to educate yourselves on who is providing your care. Calling yourself a "clinical Dermatologist" does not equate to having trained in Dermatology. shameful.
Mr. Rand, you have never been a patient in my...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neal Beightol, MD?
He had a friendly staff in and out fast fantastic!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Neal Beightol, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Beightol?