Dr. Navin Kumar, MD

Gastroenterology | Male

Dr. Navin Kumar, MD

Dr. Navin Kumar, MD is a gastroenterology doctor who practices in Highland, IN. He is 41 years old and has been practicing for 15 years. Dr. Kumar is affiliated with Pinnacle Hospital, Methodist Hospital Southlake, Methodist Hospitals - Northlake Campus, Franciscan Healthcare Munster, Franciscan Health Dyer , Franciscan Health Hammond and Community Hospital.

...See Less

Dr. Kumar's Care Philosophy

I am committed to providing the highest quality of care for all our patients. I will aim to provide an efficient and comprehensive evaluation of your digestive disorders through detailed history/physical/testing as needed. Moreover, we hope to educate the patient and allow them to gain insight into their individual problems. The latter can help patients take an active role in treatment plans by understanding their respective illness all the while fostering the physician-patient relationship. The group has compassionately been serving Northwest Indiana for over 25 years.

Dr. Kumar's Experience

See how Dr. Kumar's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Kumar

Dr. Kumar accepts 17 insurance carriers

Dr. Kumar is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 7 hospitals where Dr. Kumar has admitting privileges.

Dr. Kumar's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kumar to family and friends
Dr. Kumar's Performance
Dr. Kumar's diagnosis and the medicine prescribed truly changed my life. I feel 100% better, and am very confident in this doctor. The staff is so nice and caring. I had an issue with my insurance, and they were all very helpful in resolving my problem, including Dr. Kumar. I have never experienced that much interest, and resolve at any doctors office. Excellent experience.
Highland, IN |
Dr. Kumar is an excellent doctor. He listens to my issues and finds way to help me. His staff is friendly and are on top of getting what I need when I need it. My appointments always run smoothly and I never have a long wait. I highly recommend him for any GI issues.
in Highland, IN |
All these reviews are right on point. Dr. Kumar is terrific. He connects to you in a very respectful way and is clearly a highly skilled professional. I was referred to him by a co-worker with similar reviews. I can't speak highly enough of him.
Crown Point, IN |
Dr. Kumar was absolutely wonderful! Very compassionate and patient. I am recovering from four spinal surgeries and he was great preparing me for a colonoscopy. Wonderful bedside manner, great explanation of findings both immediately after the procedure and follow up appointment. Thank you.
Crown Point, IN |
A wonderful doctor! Was so happy to find a personable and knowledgable gastroenterologist. Sensitive to any issues or problems. Meanwhile, he is up to date with the newest therapies.
Naperville, IL |
We are extremely likely to recommend Dr Kumar. Several family members already go to him.
in Crown Point, IN |
I was referred to Dr. Kumar for an issue concerning my throat. As with any issue not being solved by my family practice doctor, I was a bit alarmed. Dr. Kumar's excellent bedside manner put me at ease from the start. He was very good at explaining what his testing would be and after he performed the scope procedure gave me an in depth review of the results along with what I would need to do to address my condition. I would without an hesitation recommend him his fine staff of Vanessa & others.
in Griffith, IN |
Dr. Kumar is a very knowledgeable person. He takes the time to explain what is going on, and will answer any questions that you may have.
in Calumet City, IL |
Dr. Kumar is very polite and professional. He performed two procedures on me and I am fine. His staff is also outstanding and very nice. I would recommend Dr. Kumar To my family and friends. I had my procedures at St. Margaret s hospital where all the staff hold him in high regard. staff hold him in high regard Thank youd.
in Hammond, IN |
Doctor and staff are pleasant which makes office environment comfortable. Dr. Kumar is easy to talk with and answers any of your questions you may have.
in Whiting, IN |
Really listens to patient's concerns & questions & takes the time to explain in a way you can understand. Very thorough and excellent rapport with his patients. Highly recommend!
in Lansing, IL |
Excellent physician. He always takes time to explain, in detail, what is the problem(s) and goes over all actions so you don't feel pressured to do anything. That is important.
in Schererville, IN |
I was referred to Dr Kumar by my regular doctor and he preformed my first colonoscopy on June of 2016. His reputation with the nurses and staff at the hospital is nothing short of remarkable. In the short time that I have gotten to know Dr Kumar, I have found him to be straight forward and caring. I would recommend him to anyone that needs his services.
Madison, WI |
Dr. Kumar was dismissive off my symptoms and unhelpful about how to recover from my serious GI problems simply because he couldn't see anything obvious during the colonoscopy. His clinic seems to be run to maximize profit. Overbooking patients a on rare office visit days and focusing on doing scopes for new patients which pays more.
Crown Point, IN |
I had issues for over 8 years that no one had answers for. I saw numerous doctors that could never give me a decent answer to my symptoms. Dr. Kumar was able to successfully diagnose me with an uncommon disorder within a few visits that none of my previous physicians or specialists had even mentioned. He's very friendly, knowledgeable, and easy to talk to. I cannot be more thankful for Dr. Kumar.
Have you seen Dr. Navin Kumar, MD?
Are you Dr. Kumar?

Compare Dr. Kumar

Dr. Kumar's Care Philosophy

I am committed to providing the highest quality of care for all our patients. I will aim to provide an efficient and comprehensive evaluation of your digestive disorders through detailed history/physical/testing as needed.  Moreover, we hope to educate the patient and allow them to gain insight into their individual problems. The latter can help patients take an active role in treatment plans by understanding their respective illness all the while fostering the physician-patient relationship. The group has compassionately been serving Northwest Indiana for over 25 years.

Dr. Kumar's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Gastroenterology
  •  Board certified in Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine
  •  Malpractice claims in Indiana not available

• St Luke's Award at St Margaret's Franciscan Health- doctor of the year in recognition by nurses and staff for patient care, 3/2012

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Indiana.

Why It Matters: Dr. Kumar's Board Certifications

• Gallstones
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding

Northwestern Center Feinberg School of Medicine

Graduated in 1997

• Other Education
    Georgetown University

Dr. Kumar does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kumar and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Gastroenterology

• Bile Duct Procedure
  • Capsule Endoscopy
  • Colon Cancer Screening
  • Colonoscopy
  • Colonoscopy With Polypectomy
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
  • ERCP With Spincterotomy
  • Endoscopic Polypectomy
  • Endoscopy
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Esophageal Dilatation