Dr. Navin Kumar, MD

Gastroenterology ·  Male · Age 43

Dr. Kumar

Dr. Navin Kumar, MD is a gastroenterology specialist in Highland, IN and has been practicing for 14 years. He graduated from University Of Illinois At Chicago / College Of Medicine in 2002 and specializes in gastroenterology.

Make an appointment

Dr. Kumar accepts

Dr. Kumar accepts the following insurance:

Choice PPO
Pipefitters
Sagamore Health Network
Sagamore Plus
Tricare

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Indiana

Check Dr. Kumar's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Kumar's Top Procedures and Conditions

Ulcer

Dr. Kumar treats Ulcer more than 100% of his peers

Noninfectious Gastroenteritis and Colitis

Dr. Kumar treats Noninfectious Gastroenteritis and Colitis more than 100% of his peers

Dysphagia

• Dysphagia
  • Endoscopic Common Bile Duct Stone Removal
  • Endoscopic Polypectomy
  • Endoscopy
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Enteritis
  • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
  • ERCP With Spincterotomy
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding
  • Viral Hepatitis
  • Viral Infection
  • Vomiting Disorders
  • Weight Loss Management

I am committed to providing the highest quality of care for all our patients. I will aim to provide an efficient and comprehensive evaluation of your digestive disorders through detailed history/physical/testing as needed.  Moreover, we hope to ...

• Gastroenterology

2005
2003
2002
1997

• St Luke's Award at St Margaret's Franciscan Health-"doctor of the year" in recognition by nurses and staff for patient care, 3/2012

Dr. Kumar's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kumar

4.5

1.2820512820512822%
1.2820512820512822%

Dr. Kumar?
Dr. Kumar's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Navin Kumar, MD
I have a few procedures in my life.Dr. Kumar is the absolute best.Smart and completely explains everything in language you understand..He is completely professional in hospital and office..I highly recommend him to all my friends and you..
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Navin Kumar, MD?
I have had two procedures done with Dr. Kumar and he is a very kind, caring doctor. He strives to make sure you understand what is going on and listens to all your concerns or questions. His staff is excellent and wait times in his office (Dyer, IN) are not very long. Dr. Kumar has also treated my 92 yr. old mother, who was very ill and he gave her the utmost care and she is now doing well. I would highly recommend Dr. Kumar!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Navin Kumar, MD?
Many people have Dr. phobias or just don't like going to the doctor. Dr. Kumar has a very good bed side manner, asks questions about your health, and listens to what you have to say. You can tell that he enjoys his work and cares about his patients. I found out after my visit that a good friend and sister have also been a patient of his and both gave positive feedback. I would definitely recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Navin Kumar, MD?
After 5+ years of having digestive issues and having no answers from doctors, I finally came to Dr. Kumar. After my first appointment, we had a procedural plan, and within the following month I was finally diagnosed, prescribed medication, and feeling NORMAL again. I haven't felt normal in years, it is an amazing feeling. I would definitely recommend Dr. Kumar to anyone struggling with GI issues
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Navin Kumar, MD?
Went to Munster surgery center for colonoscopy. Dr & all staff very professional & friendly. Made me feel at ease with this test!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Navin Kumar, MD?
Dr Kumar and his staff are amazing! I was struggling with a few issues that are difficult to discuss but dr. Kumar and his staff made me feel instantly comfortable. I was scared of having the colonoscopy but it ended up being no big deal. Dr. Kumar and his staff have helped me get my life back on track.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Navin Kumar, MD?
Dr. Kumar is a highly specialized Gastrointerologist who treats his patients with respect & genuine concern! He treated my mother who has Alzheimer’s for an ulcer that was discovered during a hospital stay for the flu. I would highly recommend him to anyone in need of his services!! Vivian Baker
Great service very helpful
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Navin Kumar, MD?
After having two painful colonoscopies, I put it off for over 11 years. I also needed to have my first endoscopy. My husband highly recommended Dr. Kumar. The Doctor reassured me that I would not experience any discomfort during the procedures. He kept his word. The anesthesiologist gave me a drug that completely put me under. I felt nothing! Don't procrastinate like I did. These are important screenings. See Dr. Kumar. You'll be happy you did. He's really nice, and has a great bedside manner!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Navin Kumar, MD?
Dr. Kumar has treated a 90+ year old family member, treated my spouse and myself and we all responded well to our care. The office is always friendly and helpful. The doctor is a caring, friendly, respectful person who treats each person as an individual. I trust him with my ongoing care and refer others to him gladly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Navin Kumar, MD?
Dr Kumar is great. However, I can not say the same for his office staff. On more than one occasion the staff has not responded or followed through with multiple messages that were left regarding urgent medical concerns. The only way I found to actually get to speak with a person was to say you need to make an appointment. It is very frustrating. Don’t try to get ahold of this Dr before, during or after hours cause it is not going to happen. Answering service does not even work.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Navin Kumar, MD?
Didn't show any interest or rush in helping me. I was just a number to him. Gave up on me when he couldn't figure out what was wrong. Just offered me pills and misdiagnosis. GREAT secretary, BAD Dr.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Navin Kumar, MD?
I was so sick for over three months, went from one test to another. Finally saw Dr. Kumar and by the second visit I has my energy and life back. I felt ten years younger. I am so grateful to Dr. Kumar and his staff. :)
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Navin Kumar, MD?
Dr. Kumar is awesome, as are the entire office staff. I first saw him with IBS symptoms and a lengthy history of GI problems at only 21. He listened to all of my concerns and took all of my history into consideration. He did the right tests and then diagnosed me with IBS and put me on a medication called bentyl, to be taken with every meal. He told me that the drug was extremely safe and that I should see results within a few doses. I had been so sick I didn't believe him! It worked amazingly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Navin Kumar, MD?
I really didn't want to go for a colonoscopy, but I made a promise to get it done this year. I wish I had the chance how to tell you how Dr. Kumar made this the best experience possible. If you're of age, please get this test done. He genuinely has a concern for cancer and your health. Take a day to maybe save your life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Navin Kumar, MD?
Dr. Kumar is excellent. My colonoscopy's have been very comfortable procedures. I would highly recommend the SUPREP cleansing vs. the gallon prep (Medicare only pays for the gallon prep. I paid out of my pocket $93 for the SUPREP and was worth it). Dr. Kumar's instructions are easy. I prepared with ginger ale instead of water. There are other options to mix with. I like the break you get in between the timeframe. Thank you Dr. Kumar and office staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Navin Kumar, MD?
Dr. Navin Kumar is an excellent G.I. Doctor. I got into see him immediately not having to wait for 3 months like my old Doctor. He scheduled my endoscope for the first opening that week. Not only did he do the scope but he also did some biopsies when he was in there to make sure of some issues he had found. I would never go to any other Doctor after having the great trusted patient Doctor relationship I have with him. His personality is the best and his care for his patients is excellent!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Navin Kumar, MD?
Had my first colonoscopy (and was a bit anxious)! From consultation to procedure to follow-up I was very happy with Dr. KUMAR. He has just the right mix of the clinical and warmth. Everything went very well. I would highly recommend everyone over 50 years of age to get this lifesaving procedure. I also highly recommend DR. KUMAR as the physician of choice.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Navin Kumar, MD?
Dr.Kumar is a fantastic dr. He takes his time and explains everything thoroughly. Sometimes the waiting is a bit lengthy but worth the wait. The office staff has gone above and beyond for my medical needs. I would recommend him to anyone. Keep up the good work.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Navin Kumar, MD?
Dr. Kumar is professional. However, I feel as though he was quick to schedule me for an expensive EGD scope procedure upon my first visit. He scheduled an endoscopy to check for celiac diseaase even when I had been on a gluten free diet. I doubled checked with staff at the office, then said it was ok to schedule the test. After the $1000 out of pocket test was over, he stated that my diet could have compromised the results. I am still undiagnosed and out $1000. Appts are hard to schedule.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Kumar?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Kumar treats patients.

Pinnacle Hospital