Dr. Navid Mahooti, MD

Sports Medicine ·  Male · Age 45

Dr. Mahooti

Dr. Navid Mahooti, MD is a sports medicine specialist in Danvers, MA. He specializes in sports medicine.

Make an appointment

Dr. Mahooti accepts

Dr. Mahooti accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
BlueConnect HMO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Preferred Blue PPO
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care PPO
Tufts Health Plan
Tufts PPO

No malpractice claims found for Massachusetts

Check if Dr. Mahooti treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Mahooti?
Dr. Mahooti's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Navid Mahooti, MD
RecentMost Helpful
Nagging (would wake me at night) left butt pain was not responsive to physical therapy. Treated with dry needling. Each treatment reduced the pain until was gone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Navid Mahooti, MD?
I had been experiencing excruciating back/shoulder pain from muscle spasms. I had gone to the emergency room, chiropractor and general practice DR without relief. Pain for over a week. Dr Mahooti was referred for his dry needling expertise. immediately after putting the needle in my muscle the muscle spasms dissipated and went away completely. I left the Dr's office without any symptoms. I did feel some more pain later that night and for a part of the next day but day 2 all pain was gone!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Navid Mahooti, MD?
Dr Mahooti is a thoughtful and caring provider. Have been seeing him for quite a few years for my sports injuries. Works with me to find the treatment appropriate for me. Grateful that I didn't need surgery and have regained all strength and mobility.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Navid Mahooti, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Mahooti for sciatica as a result of a muscle injury. My glute muscle had twisted and tightened up causing issues down my leg to my heel...a 1/3 of the way into my training for the Boston Marathon & I was limping & crying as a result of the pain. One session, (about 15 total sticks) & within 3 days the pain had subsided significantly...5 days after I was able to run 10.5 miles with practically no discomfort. Now a couple of weeks later I 100% pain-free. Life Saver!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Navid Mahooti, MD?
Dr. Mahooti was excellent at explaining my diagnosis and treatment options. Having knee pain for over twenty years and being referred to several orthopedic surgeons , I was skeptical whether non-surgical methods would work. Finally, my new primary care doctor recommended Navid. I started out with comparative x-rays on both knees and flexibility tests. He gave two options: aggressive PT or trigger point dry needling. Although I dislike needles, the 5 minute procedure helped ease my pain.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Navid Mahooti, MD?
Dr. Mahooti is the Best of the Best. He had been suggested to me by several friends whom he had helped tremendously, as well as by the PT group I was using and a deep tissue massage therapist. He is a life saver!! From the time I walked into his office and was first met by his nurse I was impressed. Nothing was rushed and every ? was asked in order for Dr. Mahooti to know the pain I was in. His calm manner, extensive knowledge and patience put me right at ease. He has helped me 100%!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Navid Mahooti, MD?
I have cervical spine arthritis C5-7. This causes my neck and upper back muscles to tightly spasm, causing difficulty lying down, turning and bending my neck, vertigo, and headaches. The pain of these spasms is debilitating. As an RN, I do not have time to be slowed down. Dr. Mahooti and team have been able to relieve my spasms every time. Dr. Mahooti performs trigger point release, which takes away all the symptoms almost instantly. I am so thankful to Dr. Mahooti and his team.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Navid Mahooti, MD?
Had my first visit with knee pain, tightness, swelling, loss of mobility. Dr. Mahooti was awesome as was Jerry! No wait. Very friendly & comforting. He got rigjt down to business and drained an enormous bakers cyst...what a relief! Gave pt recommendations for my arthritis and I'm looking forward to his nutrition/weight loss group. I am 55, play old lady hockey and am confident I will be active for many many more years! ??
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Navid Mahooti, MD?
Dr Mahooti treated my for chronic sciatic pain. One treatment and my pain was gone. It was amazing. I highly recommend Dr Mahooti!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Navid Mahooti, MD?
?? diagnosed my knee problem well, helped relieve the pain, takes the opportunity to let the body heal itself before going to more extreme measures. Very courteous
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Navid Mahooti, MD?
I left the gym 1 week ago after a normal work out. One hour later at home I had extreme R groin pain and could barely walk. I saw Dr Mahooti yesterday and after a thorough examination he determined I had trigger points and suggested I have a trigger point procedure. 15 minutes later I was walking out of his office 80% improved and today I can honestly say about 95% better. Exceptional care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Navid Mahooti, MD?
Dr Mahooti was clear and efficient and I had immediate relief of my problem. He explained it so I realized it was unrelated to a recent surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Navid Mahooti, MD?
I went to Dr. Mahooti seeking an alternative to surgery for my knee pain. Dr. Mahooti identified muscle and ITB issues that were significant factors in causing me pain, more so than osteoarthritis. He recommended myofascial trigger point therapy. What a difference! It was a bit like acupuncture and was done right there in his office. I left pain free, with great range of motion and happy tears! I will follow up with PT and I'm looking forward to getting back to my active life! Thank you!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Navid Mahooti, MD?
Excellent examination, extremely professional and friendly at the same time. Gave me all the information and explanation in order for me to make a sensible and informed choice on my treatment,, and then performed a procedure that worked well for me. GreT experience!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Navid Mahooti, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Mahooti for knee/lower back pain. In the span of 30 minutes, he evaluated my condition, took a course of action (trigger point injection), and had me feeling much better when I left his office. I was extremely pleased with everything about my interaction with his practice.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Navid Mahooti, MD?
I'm almost 60 years old and have been an active athlete for most of those years. About one year ago, I developed a painful shoulder problem. I wasn't looking forward to shoulder surgery and researched a bunch of doctors until I found Dr. Mahooti. He took the time to talk with me about the pain, what was generating it, and exactly where it was, until he determined what was causing it. He discussed treatment options and we decided on a course of treatment. He and his staff are great!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Navid Mahooti, MD?
I had lower back and hip pain for several years. It had been diagnosed as bursitis... didn't work.... cortisone shot for inflamed SI joint... also didn't work. It just kept getting worse. I went to Dr. Mahooti and in 15 minutes he correctly diagnosed me and started the healing process right then and there!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Navid Mahooti, MD?
I experienced severe right knee pain & couldn't walk. My PCP put me in contact w/ Dr. Mahooti, who saw me within an hour, diagnosed a small fracture of the femur, drained a ton of fluid from the knee & prescribed treatment. Dr. Mahooti is patient, considerate, reassuring, a good listener, gives his undivided attention & sound advice after careful consideration of the possible medical alternatives of treatment. And he's a nice guy. After 3 months of treatment & PT, I'm back to normal. Thanks.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Navid Mahooti, MD?
I visited Dr. Mahooti about severe hip pain and he was absolutely fantastic. He spent time with me, conducted a thorough exam, explained my problem and gave me a shot to relieve the pain and begin the recovery process.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Navid Mahooti, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Mahooti?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Mahooti treats patients.

Compare Providers