Dr. Navid Mahooti, MD

Dr. Mahooti
Telehealth services available

North Shore Physicians Group

104 ENDICOTT ST Danvers, MA 01923

Dr. Navid Mahooti, MD is a Sports Medicine Specialist in Danvers, MA. He is affiliated with North Shore Medical Center. He has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Mahooti to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Sports Medicine Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals

No malpractice claims found for Massachusetts

Check if Dr. Mahooti treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Mahooti's conditions and procedures:

• Musculoskeletal Function Test
  • Wrist Sprain or Strain

Dr. Mahooti accepts

Dr. Mahooti accepts the following insurance:

Select
Tufts PPO

Dr. Mahooti's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Mahooti

Dr. Mahooti
After physical therapy, which helped with some of my knee symptoms, my knee dr. recommended a second opinion with Dr. Mahooti - I was open to anything that might help with the pain. I have to say i was skeptical. I had two visits and I am very happy to say I am doing great. I cant explain it but I really dont care to..... as they say whatever works. They were very professional and would recommend them to everyone. I told him that if he helped me I would shout from the rooftops (I hope this will do). Thank you Dr. Mahooti for restoring my quality of life to what it was.
Patricia Henry – Apr 07, 2021
Im a 61 year old business owner, I've been a hairstylist for 30 years... Yesterday my experience began with a noontime appointment at MGH Danvers. A client told me about this guy Mahooti. After sitting with Dr Mahooti for five min of him squeezing and probing my hand, he says he can treat me today....Im thinking, I'm not really up for any needles. Before I could tell him no, he rolled a tray in from outside his door . The next thing I know , I have a needle sticking in my hand ...In a blink, he was done. He asked me, do you feel the pain? I was searching for pain...it was completely gone...the pain I have suffered with for 10 years was not there...Overwhelmed with emotion, I could not hold tears back..when I raised my head to thank him, I noticed Dr Mahooti had tears in his own eyes...Totally thank full, I hugged him.(twice) Im completely blown away.... and that doesn't happen often Thank you, Dr Mahooti. PS. I clicked five stars across the board , don't think it saved.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
John Korpusik – Nov 16, 2019
I brought my 19 year old sn to see Dr. Mahooti as he has had a chronic knee problem for about three years for which orthopedists (one of whom has much notoriety) offered nothing. After his needling procedure there was immediate relief. My son was thrilled as was I. I highly recommend Dr. Mahooti.
Nov 09, 2019
I have had consistent sciatica since March 2018, due to an injury which resulted in a compression fracture of the lower lumbar region. The lumbar healed well, but the sciatica remained. Dr. Mahout expertly evaluated me, and determined that the muscles were tight probably due to my previous injury. He performed the dry needling technique, which seemed to loosen the tight muscles immediately. He also prescribed some physical therapy and exercise in addition to the dry needling. I can say that I feel so much better, that I don't need to take any pain medicines. Thank you Dr. Mahooti for your expert care and the personal touch you give your patients.
Nov 08, 2019
Visited Dr. Mahooti in June, 2019 with shoulder pain and mobility problems. Post X-ray and analysis, he suggested therapeutic needling and physical therapy as treatments. Immediate relief post needling procedure performed right in the office in less than 10 minutes. No shoulder pain at all post visit. Played lots of golf this summer with no pain and no mobility issues. Highly recommend these unique trigger point injections with Dr. Mahooti for pain relief and management.
Sep 05, 2019
I saw Dr Mahooti for strained trapezius and neck. After the dry needle shots in both sides of neck I experience so much relief! He suggested physical therapy along with shots as needed. Which I have continued with. Thank you so much I never thought I would or could be helped!!
Robin V – Jul 02, 2019
Nagging (would wake me at night) left butt pain was not responsive to physical therapy. Treated with dry needling. Each treatment reduced the pain until was gone.
May 06, 2019
I had been experiencing excruciating back/shoulder pain from muscle spasms. I had gone to the emergency room, chiropractor and general practice DR without relief. Pain for over a week. Dr Mahooti was referred for his dry needling expertise. immediately after putting the needle in my muscle the muscle spasms dissipated and went away completely. I left the Dr's office without any symptoms. I did feel some more pain later that night and for a part of the next day but day 2 all pain was gone!
Apr 08, 2019
Dr Mahooti is a thoughtful and caring provider. Have been seeing him for quite a few years for my sports injuries. Works with me to find the treatment appropriate for me. Grateful that I didn't need surgery and have regained all strength and mobility.
Mar 27, 2019
I was referred to Dr. Mahooti for sciatica as a result of a muscle injury. My glute muscle had twisted and tightened up causing issues down my leg to my heel...a 1/3 of the way into my training for the Boston Marathon & I was limping & crying as a result of the pain. One session, (about 15 total sticks) & within 3 days the pain had subsided significantly...5 days after I was able to run 10.5 miles with practically no discomfort. Now a couple of weeks later I 100% pain-free. Life Saver!!!
Bridget Seay in Marblehead, MA – Feb 01, 2019
Dr. Mahooti was excellent at explaining my diagnosis and treatment options. Having knee pain for over twenty years and being referred to several orthopedic surgeons , I was skeptical whether non-surgical methods would work. Finally, my new primary care doctor recommended Navid. I started out with comparative x-rays on both knees and flexibility tests. He gave two options: aggressive PT or trigger point dry needling. Although I dislike needles, the 5 minute procedure helped ease my pain.
Stephen Martin in Marblehead, MA – Jan 27, 2019
Dr. Mahooti is the Best of the Best. He had been suggested to me by several friends whom he had helped tremendously, as well as by the PT group I was using and a deep tissue massage therapist. He is a life saver!! From the time I walked into his office and was first met by his nurse I was impressed. Nothing was rushed and every ? was asked in order for Dr. Mahooti to know the pain I was in. His calm manner, extensive knowledge and patience put me right at ease. He has helped me 100%!
Marblehead, MA – Dec 12, 2018
I have cervical spine arthritis C5-7. This causes my neck and upper back muscles to tightly spasm, causing difficulty lying down, turning and bending my neck, vertigo, and headaches. The pain of these spasms is debilitating. As an RN, I do not have time to be slowed down. Dr. Mahooti and team have been able to relieve my spasms every time. Dr. Mahooti performs trigger point release, which takes away all the symptoms almost instantly. I am so thankful to Dr. Mahooti and his team.
Karen in Boxford, MA – Dec 10, 2018
Had my first visit with knee pain, tightness, swelling, loss of mobility. Dr. Mahooti was awesome as was Jerry! No wait. Very friendly & comforting. He got rigjt down to business and drained an enormous bakers cyst...what a relief! Gave pt recommendations for my arthritis and I'm looking forward to his nutrition/weight loss group. I am 55, play old lady hockey and am confident I will be active for many many more years! ??
Joanna in Ipswich, MA – Aug 30, 2018
Dr Mahooti treated my for chronic sciatic pain. One treatment and my pain was gone. It was amazing. I highly recommend Dr Mahooti!
Janet Moran in MA – Aug 22, 2018
?? diagnosed my knee problem well, helped relieve the pain, takes the opportunity to let the body heal itself before going to more extreme measures. Very courteous
Mark Lopatosky in Gloucester, MA – Jul 04, 2018
I left the gym 1 week ago after a normal work out. One hour later at home I had extreme R groin pain and could barely walk. I saw Dr Mahooti yesterday and after a thorough examination he determined I had trigger points and suggested I have a trigger point procedure. 15 minutes later I was walking out of his office 80% improved and today I can honestly say about 95% better. Exceptional care.
D A Kelley in Groveland Ma – Apr 11, 2018
Dr Mahooti was clear and efficient and I had immediate relief of my problem. He explained it so I realized it was unrelated to a recent surgery.
Douglas Whittier in Swampscott, ma – Apr 09, 2018
I went to Dr. Mahooti seeking an alternative to surgery for my knee pain. Dr. Mahooti identified muscle and ITB issues that were significant factors in causing me pain, more so than osteoarthritis. He recommended myofascial trigger point therapy. What a difference! It was a bit like acupuncture and was done right there in his office. I left pain free, with great range of motion and happy tears! I will follow up with PT and I'm looking forward to getting back to my active life! Thank you!
Kathy B. in Swampscott, MA – Jun 29, 2017
Excellent examination, extremely professional and friendly at the same time. Gave me all the information and explanation in order for me to make a sensible and informed choice on my treatment,, and then performed a procedure that worked well for me. GreT experience!!
christopher benson in Beverly, MA – Mar 09, 2017

How was your experience with Dr. Mahooti?

• Sports Medicine