Dermatology  |
Dr. Navid Ezra, MD
Raised in Calabasas, Dr. Navid Ezra is the Founder and Director of the California Dermatology Institute, dedicated to comprehensive, state-of-the-art medical, surgical and cosmetic dermatology.Dr. Ezra is a diplomate of the American Board of Dermatology, Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology, American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, American Society of Mohs Surgery, American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery, Skin Cancer Foundation, and Clinical Faculty of Dermatology at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA. In addition Dr. Ezra serves as the District Medical Advisor of Dermatology for the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. Dr. Ezra's medical education was completed at UCLA where he was awarded the prestigious and highly coveted Howard Hughes Medical Institute Research Training Fellowship. During his medical school training, Dr. Ezra excelled in his biomedical research and was the winner of the UCLA Department of Medicine Research Day poster competition, a finalist at the National Medical Student Abstract Competition, recipient of the MacKenzie Foundation Scholar Award, and had his biography published in the 30th Annual Edition of The National Dean's List. It was also his great pleasure to serve as the elected Graduate Student Association Representative for the entire medical school. Dr. Ezra then went on to complete an academic internship in Internal Medicine at Indiana University followed by residency training in Dermatology at the Indiana University Medical Centers, where he served as chief resident. During residency, Dr. Ezra completed advanced training in Mohs micrographic skin cancer surgery, dermatologic surgery, and cosmetic dermatology under the direction of international leaders in the field. He continued to pursue biomedical research and was the recipient of the Edward L. Keyes Resident Award for Outstanding Research presented in Athens, Greece. He was also the recipient of the North American Hair Research Society (NAHRS) Mentorship Grant, American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery (ASLMS) Annual Conference Best Resident Award, and the Women's Dermatologic Society Mentorship Award. Dr. Ezra's residency training culminated as he was recognized for the Resident of Distinction Award at the Coastal Dermatology Symposium. Dr. Ezra has lectured extensively and has published more than 40 peer-reviewed research papers in journals such as the American Journal of Medical Genetics, Journal of Cutaneous Medicine & Surgery, Journal of Cutaneous Pathology, and Journal of Investigative Dermatology. He has written countless book chapters and is a member of numerous professional societies including the American Academy of Dermatology, American Society for Mohs Surgery, American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, American Society for Laser Medicine & Surgery, American Academy of Dermatology Association (AADA), Council for Nail Disorders, and the North American Hair Research Society. Following his move back to California, Dr. Ezra was recruited to join the clinical faculty at David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, where he enjoys the academic training of residents and medical students through the preceptorship program. He has been recognized as one of America's Top Dermatologists 2016 by Consumers' Research Council of America. Dr. Ezra founded California Dermatology Institute to serve as a center of excellence in the areas of general medical, surgical, and cosmetic dermatology. He enjoys all aspects of dermatology, including medical dermatology, pediatric dermatology, cosmetic dermatology, surgical dermatology, and laser dermatology. His particular interests include acne, Accutane treatment, psoriasis, rosacea, Botox, Restylane, Juvederm, Mohs surgery, and laser dermatology. He is very proud to be able to offer all of these services at all California Dermatology Institute locations.

3095 Old Conejo Rd # 200

• Guardian
  • Health Net
  • MetLife

Learn about Dr. Ezra

Health care leader whose mission is to keep you healthy. Under-one-roof convenience, 24-hour advice nurse, and online access to manage your health - anytime.

Dr. Ezra's Experience

Dr. Ezra's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Dermatology

• Laser Surgery
  • Laser Tattoo Removal
  • Mohs Defect Reconstruction Surgery
  • Mohs Surgery

No malpractice history found for California.

• UCLA
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2006
  • David Geffen School Of Medicine At UCLA
    Medical School | Graduated 2011
  • Indiana University
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2012
  • Indiana University
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2015

Dr. Ezra has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Ezra does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ezra and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ezra's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ezra to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Ezra's Performance
in Beverly Hills, CA |
I was referred to Dr. Ezra by a good friend of mine who had botox and fillers done by him. At my first visit with Dr. Ezra, he took the time to do a full assessment on my facial structure and explained the different options for correcting them. I was nervous about looking fake and "done up", but Dr. Ezra reassured me that I would look like a better version of myself. During the injections, I barely felt a thing! He was so gentle and talked me through each step. I had no bruising and I love it!!!
in Westlake, CA |
There is no other doctor comparable to Dr. Ezra. He makes you feel comfortable and confident the minute he walks into the room. I've had acne problems for several years and other doctors kept giving me creams that didn't work. I even traveled to Beverly Hills for cosmetic treatments that cost thousands of dollars. I decided to give Dr. Ezra a try and I'm so happy I did! He has a gentle demeanor and thoroughly listened to me and not only did he treat my acne but he cured it. Best thing was every
in Pasadena, CA |
I've had the pleasure of knowing Dr. Ezra since I was referred to him several weeks ago. When I first went to his office, I was amazed at what a beautiful office he had. It's a newly constructed building right off the freeway. I thought he might want to sell me on cosmetics like botox and filler, but instead he asked about my skin issues and really took the time to hear what I had to say. He started me on a regimen and after just a couple weeks I got clear skin! I definitely refer him to others!
in Van Nuys, CA |
I have suffered from a severe psoriasis for almost thirty years now. Have tried everything there is only to find a temporary relief. Kaiser Permanente Dermatolgy Department was not able to help much either until I met Dr. Ezra. He was very professional, honest and prescribed the best treatment for my condition. Now, only a month later, my skin is almost completely clear. I believe Dr. Ezra had my best interest in mind, as any true and honest doctor should. I will gladly recommend him to anyone
He is reluctant to examine any condition closely, and jumps to conclusions (which have often proved unfounded) too quickly. Has a supercilious and arrogant air, and talks down to you. Never again!
in Los Angeles, CA |
I have been going to Dr. Ezra for almost 2 years now and would not change to any other dermatologist. He is the smartest physician I have encountered and explains things in a way I can understand. I'm looking forward to sharing my great experience with all my friends and family.
in Thousand Oaks, CA |
I recommend Dr. Ezra to all patients who have Kaiser Insurance. He is professional, caring, takes patient's needs and requests into consideration when determining treatment options for his patients. He's thorough as well. I came to him with a rare condition and was able to give me a diagnosis. Next, we will begin treatment. :-)
in Northridge, CA |
I was first seen by his wonderful nurse Rosie who was calm..and very reassuring.Dr.Ezra came in moments later..he was kind..gentle...a good listener...everything you look for in a Doctor.When I left his office I felt confident ... my four year skin condition would be in GREAT hands...and finally once n for all be resolved.Rosie & the Doc made my day!!!!!
in Calabasas, CA |
Dr. Ezra seems concerned, caring and compassionate and takes the time to explain the problem and course of action.
Have you seen Dr. Navid Ezra, MD?
Are you Dr. Ezra?