Dr. Nathaniel Stetson, DO

Dr. Nathaniel Stetson, DO

Neurosurgery ·  Male

New Patient

Current Patient

Dr. Nathaniel Stetson, DO is a neurosurgery specialist in Oklahoma City, OK. He specializes in neurosurgery.

Dr. Stetson accepts

Dr. Stetson accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma
Blue Choice
Community Care Network
Standard Network PPO

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Oklahoma

Check Dr. Stetson's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Stetson's Top Procedures and Conditions

Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
high

Dr. Stetson treats Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement) more than 89% of his peers

Dr. Stetson treats this condition more than 89% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Brachial Neuritis

• Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors
  • Thrombosis
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Vascular Transcatheter Embolization
  • Vertebral Column Tumors

"The practice of neurosurgery requires a deep commitment, thoughtfulness, attention to detail and a set of refined surgical skills, that when combined with compassionate care, results in improved quality of life for patients."

• Neurosurgery

Dr. Stetson's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Stetson

4.2

Dr. Stetson?
Dr. Stetson's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Nathaniel Stetson, DO
Don’t waste your time, won’t help you anyway.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nathaniel Stetson, DO?
I found Dr. Stetson to be sincere and very clear with his diagnoses. A very concerned doctor and wants to insure the best of care and best results. I would highly recommend him and his staff. I had a excellent experience with my back surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nathaniel Stetson, DO?
Great surgeon. Did a perfect job.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nathaniel Stetson, DO?
I was referred to Dr. Stetson & he stated to me that he does not see auto accidents...SO IF YOU ARE IN AN AUTO ACCIDENT...DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME!!! Also, you must be there 30 minutes before your appt time...or they will reschedule you. Is your time important, too? Mine is!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nathaniel Stetson, DO?
Dr Stetson performed a lumbar spinal fusion on me and I would highly recommend him to anyone!! He is extremely knowledgeable, efficiient and very caring with his patients!! I had excellent care before, during and after surgery!! His office staff is very efficient and caring too! I will always be grateful to Dr Stetson! If you need this kind of surgery he is the one you want! Thank you Dr Stetson!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nathaniel Stetson, DO?
Very disappointed in the trouble just to set an appointment with his office. They were not helpful. He does not follow up with what he says he is going to do. Would not recommend him at all.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nathaniel Stetson, DO?
I know it is cliche' to say Dr. Stetson gave me my life back ... but it is true. I had not known "pain free" for over 15 years. He had studied my information before my first appointment and had a plan to discuss with me. He explained the surgery in detail and answered all my questions in a manner I could understand. I would highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nathaniel Stetson, DO?
Dr. Stetson operated on my on November 15, 2017. He was very caring and discussed my procedure in depth (a discectomy at L5/S1) the evening before my surgery. He came in the morning after surgery and discussed my surgery more and gave me a piece of the disc that had hardened, that was removed. I went from miserable pain and crying to having much less pain (only from mostly my lack of movement) overnight. I have recommended him to many people. He is wonderful! Lifesaver! Would use again!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nathaniel Stetson, DO?
I had been having severe pains running down my left leg for several months.. After reading about .Dr.. Stetson, I proceeded to get an appointment with him.. On my first visit I found that he had already studied my case thru x-ray's and MRI's. He clearly explained the root of my problem and assured me that there was a rather simple fix for it. and he had performed the procedure many times. My hospital stay was short and I was feeling much better within a week.. His staff is the best.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nathaniel Stetson, DO?
Dr. Stetson has been amazing. My husband was referred to him and had back surgery a few weeks ago. The improvement was immediate. Dr. Stetson's bedside manner is great, he's great at answering our questions and he is very honest. His staff have been nothing but helpful and friendly. We highly recommend him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nathaniel Stetson, DO?
Dr. Stetson's knowledge, attitude, and skill left me with a high grade of confidence at the initial appointment with him. This was proven out with a much quicker turn around time after my surgery and much less pain or discomfort than expected. I would highly recommend him for any type of neurological surgery you may be considering.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nathaniel Stetson, DO?
Wish I could have given 0 stars for him. His staff deserves 5 stars.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nathaniel Stetson, DO?
I Had numbness in my right hand for two years. I seen three doctors, before going Dr.Stetson, he knew right away what was wrong. He had test done to confirm. reviewed the x-rays with me, showed me what was wrong, how he will fix my problem. He performed the surgery the next week. I`m now in recovery, after three weeks my hand is starting to feel better and I`m going back to work. Nathaniel Stetson is a great dr. that takes pride in his work.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nathaniel Stetson, DO?
When I met Dr. Stetson I was a patient in my third hospital in a week. I had an auto accident with a deer and collapsed a few days later, paralyzed. Dr. Stetson was calm, professional and ordered the tests the other physicians had missed. My surgery was scheduled and performed. I began to improve immediately. He and Natasha Simonson work well as a team. I am very impressed with the level of care I received. I am now back to work full time and every day I regain strength and stamina.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nathaniel Stetson, DO?
Dr. Stetson worked great with my surgery. He held me and my wife's hand from day 1 that we met him. He assured me that the surgery was not going to be fun (and he didn't lie) BUT he told me to be strong and we would get through it. I've played competitive soccer for the majority of my life, so when I found out my back had fractures in it, I knew my soccer days were done. 2 years removed from Surgery, I am not only back to playing golf but back to playing my first love, Soccer. Thank yo Dr
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nathaniel Stetson, DO?
Had cervical surgery conducted in Feb 17 (three fusions and five discectomies) and am extremely pleased at both the treatment and professionalism of Dr Stetson and his staff. Thank you so very much. R.P.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nathaniel Stetson, DO?
Dr. Stetson was remarkable. I never anticipated having need of a neurosurgeon but so glad Dr. Stetson was recommended! He was calming, explained the procedure in terms I understood, provided great follow-up, and was very approachable. His interpersonal patient skills were as good as his surgeon skills! If someone is reading this and searching for a surgeon, you need look no further.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nathaniel Stetson, DO?
I was originally scheduled to have surgery completed by Dr. Smith. However, due to unforeseen circumstances Dr. Smith was unable to perform my surgery and he highly recommended Dr. Stetson. Which I couldn't have been more pleased with. Dr. Stetson, He was compassionate, pleasant and professional. I'm in the military and Dr. Stetson understood the amount of extra work he would need to do outside the operating room with all the necessary/required medical documents that the military requires.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nathaniel Stetson, DO?
From the first meeting, I had complete confidence in putting myself in Dr. Stetson's care. Dr. Stetson is very straight forward, confident, and very considerate. The surgery and the follow up have gone very well, and I am so pleased with the good results. Dr. Stetson has kept a close watch on my recovery, and he is very responsive when there are questions. I am impressed with Dr. Stetson's co-workers and staff. They are all very knowledgeable and courteous.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nathaniel Stetson, DO?
Dr. Stetson was amazing! He was very comforting about my surgery to me and my husband. The staff was great also very helpful and would always answer any questions I had. I would recommend him and the staff to everyone!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Stetson?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Stetson treats patients.

Mercy Health Center