Dr. Nathan Skelley, MD

Sports Medicine | Male

Dr. Nathan Skelley, MD
I am honored to be an Assistant Professor at the Missouri Orthopaedic Institute in Columbia, Missouri. I was born and raised in Joplin, Missouri. I attended Cornell University, where I majored in Science and Technology studies, and earned my medical degree from Johns Hopkins School of Medicine. While at Johns Hopkins, I served as the president of the medical school student body and was also honored with membership in the medical honor society Alpha Omega Alpha. My residency was at Washington University in St. Louis/Barnes-Jewish Hospital. During my residency, I helped create and develop the AAOS Resident Assembly and participated in the Clinical Scholars Career Development program in Chicago, IL. I was a Sports Medicine Fellow at Massachusetts General Hospital – Harvard Medical School in Boston, MA. During this fellowship I helped care for Harvard University Athletics, the Super Bowl winning NFL New England Patriots, NHL Bruins, and MLB Red Sox. My research has been published in several orthopaedic journals including the American Journal of Sports Medicine, the Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, the Journal of Arthroscopy, and JAAOS. My research interests involve mobile technologies, tissue engineering, and cartilage therapies. For my research efforts, I have received an OREF Resident Clinician-Scientist Research grant and was honored with the WUSTL Resident Research Award. I look forward to using my clinical experience to help you with your musculoskeletal health.

Dr. Skelley's Care Philosophy

Pursuing Perfection In Your Musculoskeletal Care.

Dr. Skelley's Experience

See how Dr. Skelley's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Skelley

Dr. Skelley accepts 10 insurance carriers

Dr. Skelley is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Skelley has admitting privileges.

Dr. Skelley's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Skelley to family and friends
Dr. Skelley's Performance
in Waltham, MA |
Dr. Skelley took excellent care of me during both my shoulder and knee injuries. I could not ask for more in a physician. He is very professional, compassionate, and takes the time to explain everything. He taught me all about my injury and how "we" were going to make it better. He really engages you in the treatment making process. I am thankful for everything he has done for me.
Boston, MA |
Phenomenal Physician!
Minneapolis, MN |
My father has a total hip replacement. He was visiting St. Louis and when picking up his grandson the hip came out of the socket. We were taken to Barnes in the middle of the night in a panic over his intense pain. I've never see my father cry. Dr. Skelley explained how he was going to put the hip in and did it perfectly. He was extremely professional and put us all at ease. After the hip was back in my father cried with tears of joy! More than a year later, and we still talk about that night.
Boston, MA |
This doctor gets it! He listens to his patients and explains things in easy to understand terms. I'm very thankful for his help and care with my work injury. I'm sending all of my family and friends to Dr. Skelley.
Have you seen Dr. Nathan Skelley, MD?
Are you Dr. Skelley?

Compare Dr. Skelley

Dr. Skelley says...

I am honored to be an Assistant Professor at the Missouri Orthopaedic Institute in Columbia, Missouri. I was born and raised in Joplin, Missouri. I attended Cornell University, where I majored in Science and Technology studies, and earned my medical degree from Johns Hopkins School of Medicine. While at Johns Hopkins, I served as the president of the medical school student body and was also honored with membership in the medical honor society Alpha Omega Alpha. My residency was at Washington University in St. Louis/Barnes-Jewish Hospital. During my residency, I helped create and develop the AAOS Resident Assembly and participated in the Clinical Scholars Career Development program in Chicago, IL. I was a Sports Medicine Fellow at Massachusetts General Hospital – Harvard Medical School in Boston, MA.  During this fellowship I helped care for Harvard University Athletics, the Super Bowl winning NFL New England Patriots, NHL Bruins, and MLB Red Sox. My research has been published in several orthopaedic journals including the American Journal of Sports Medicine, the Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, the Journal of Arthroscopy, and JAAOS. My research interests involve mobile technologies, tissue engineering, and cartilage therapies. For my research efforts, I have received an OREF Resident Clinician-Scientist Research grant and was honored with the WUSTL Resident Research Award. I look forward to using my clinical experience to help you with your musculoskeletal health.

Dr. Skelley's Care Philosophy

Pursuing Perfection In Your Musculoskeletal Care.

Dr. Skelley says...

Dr. Skelley is a sports specialist fellowship trained at treating conditions of the shoulder, elbow, hip, knee, foot, and ankle.

Dr. Skelley's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Sports Medicine
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades
  •  Malpractice claims in Missouri not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Missouri.

• Adhesive Capsulitis
  • Ankle Sprain and Achilles Tendon Sprain or Rupture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Rotator Cuff Tear
  • Shoulder Impingement Syndrome

Washington Univ Barnes Jewish Hosp
    Mass Gen Hosp Harvard Med Sch
    Cornell University

Dr. Skelley does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Skelley and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Sports Medicine