Dr. Naresh Patel, MD

Dr. Naresh Patel, MD

NeurosurgeryMaleAge 53

Neurosurgery

Dr. Naresh Patel, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Scottsdale, AZ and has over 27 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Baylor University in 1995. He is affiliated with Mayo Clinic Hospital. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Mayo Clinic - Arizona

Scottsdale - Neurology13400 E Shea Blvd # AZ85259 Scottsdale, AZ 85259

Hospital Highlight

Affiliated with Mayo Clinic Hospital Phoenix, a highly rated hospital.

• Practices at Top Hospital America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals

More Neurosurgery Specialists at Mayo

Dr. Patel's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Patel

1 year post surgery exam
As I stated in a review from last year, my lower back surgery was a total success. Dr. Patel and his staff were and are truly amazing. In this 1 year follow up, he spent as much time as needed to explain my back issues and the great results of my healing process. NO PAIN !! My Kudos to everyone at the Mayo Clinic !!
howard portnoff – Jul 27, 2022
Excellent Spinal Fusion Surgery Result
Dr. Patel performed Lumbar Spinal Fusion Surgery on me just over a year ago and my results have been life changing. I can now do all the activities I love to do and without pain. I’m so very thankful for his surgical skills and talent. From the first consultation he has always been personable, thorough, articulate, and attentive to my questions and concerns. I am profoundly grateful to have had Dr. Naresh Patel as my neurosurgeon!
Excellent Neurosurgeon Dr. Naresh Patel – Jul 07, 2022
Lower back surgery
Was honest and up front about surgery and rehab. I felt he did a grand job as I am back to doing my fun active things again.
Trish Wrightsman – May 13, 2022
The Ultimate Compassionate Medicine
A year ago I experienced sudden back pain that came out of nowhere. After a n emergency MRI, I was referred to Dr. Patel who identified an acute and dangerous situation in my spine, thus recommend an immediate surgery. While never sugarcoating the situation, Dr. Patel explained the procedure and re assured me he can correct my medical condition and scheduled the surgery within days, stressing the severity those in charge of scheduling. After the complicated surgery, Dr. Patel was able to detail how he sees the progress of recovery months by month with astonishing accuracy. A year after the surgery I can state unequivocally that every step he described was accurate to the dot, which truly helped in the healing process. Dr. Patel is an exquisite professional, compassionate, accurate and helped turn a frightening medical condition into a doable positive path. I am fully recovered. Thank you Dr. Patel
Itzik Becher – Apr 28, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Naresh Patel, MD?
Outstanding surgery and care plan
I was very fortunate to get into Mayo for spine surgery, especially during the early days of COVID. The entire process is incredibly reassuring. Dr. Naresh Patel and his team, from beginning to end, did a fantastic job. My meetings with Dr. Patel were thorough and very informative, never being in a rush! The surgery was very successful and the after-care ensured everything healed as expected. I highly recommend Mayo and Dr. Patel for your neurosurgery needs.
J Lee – Apr 13, 2022
MY Success Story
Just Like Everybody Else I Had Great Great Results I Know I Picked One Of The Best Neurosurgeon Ever Another Success Story Thank You Dr Patel J F Egilske
Joseph F. Egilske – Mar 26, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Naresh Patel, MD?
Dr. Patel performed a delicate surgery on me as I had an acute spinal cord injury. I thank God everyday that Dr. Patel and his team were able to perform this difficult surgery and I was spared paralysis and many other concerns. I could not have been in better hands and will always be grateful to Dr. Patel and to Mayo Hospital.
GINNY HAYS-SHERMAN – Dec 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Naresh Patel, MD?
Dr. Patel is great. He's respectful, skilled, courteous, compassionate, and he listens. I went to him after seeing another physician who wasn't any of those things--what a refreshing difference! Dr. Patel took the time to make sure I understood what I was getting into with a fusion from L3 - S1--almost all of my lumbar spine. When we agreed it would be a difficult and a lasting impairment, but still the best solution, he performed the surgery with high skill. My recovery is going better than I expected. I highly recommend him.
Karen – Dec 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Naresh Patel, MD?
Dr. Patel is a genius neurosurgeon with an amazing brain, knowledge and hands that I completely trust.
Rose Novak – Nov 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Naresh Patel, MD?
First Annual follow up visit after spinal fusion in 2020. Review of x-rays and discussion regarding present situation ensued. Suggestions on future preventive activities were discussed. Confirmation that repair was successful and released with no further follow up required.
Paul Wilson – Nov 11, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Naresh Patel, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Patel for about two years for a multitude of serious spine issues. I just marked my one-year anniversary from a successful fusion of L5-S1 and I could not be happier with the outcome. This is something that I put off for decades. When I first met Dr. Patel he was personable and calm and yet quite frank about the level of damage to my back. He took the time to get to know me and we mutually settled on a single fusion at this point with the understanding that more surgeries are pending for me down the road. As a very active (yet aging) athlete I so wanted that gift of time. It has been one of the best years of my life and I cannot thank Dr. Patel enough for listening to my request and also for having outstanding surgical skills. I am eternally grateful to Mayo Clinic and to Dr. Patel.
Cokie Lepinski – Nov 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Naresh Patel, MD?
Dr Patel was my back surgeon and did an excellent job. He is very personable and explained in detailed what was wrong with my back and how he was going to fix it. Made a very scary operation easy to understand with excellent outcomes.
IBIS I VALLES – Aug 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Naresh Patel, MD?
Wonderful doctor! Compassionate, communicates well, professional. He encourages patients to explore all non-surgery remedies before choosing surgery. I’ve needed two spinal surgeries and both were extremely successful thanks to Dr. Patel. He has the gift to ease pain and suffering. Highly recommend.
Dana Hensley – Jun 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Naresh Patel, MD?
Dr. Patel is a miracle worker. From our first televisit he knew exactly what I needed to have done and expertly how to do it to relieve my sciatica pain. Working with his staff at Mayo in Phoenix I experienced the utmost professionalism from everyone. Since my surgery I have experienced zero sciatic pain...I did need some mild pain meds for about 6 weeks - mainly for the surgery itself. My life is completely different. I am so pleased that I found the most experienced surgeon to do my procedure and so thankful my insurance covered it. Dr. Patel is also excellent at patient communication. He explained everything to me several different times and then he did exactly what he said he would do. I would recommend Dr. Patel and his staff to anyone with stenosis and a back that required several fusions, screws and cages. You will be in excellent hands.
My best surgical and hospital experience EVER! – Jun 11, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Naresh Patel, MD?
Dr. Naresh Pated, MD preformed a anterior cervical diskectomy, C3-4, C4-5 for spinal cord and nerve root decompression. The surgery was exceptional, by Dr. Patel. I would wake up every night with both arms and hands numb and with pain, for over a year. Since the surgery I can preform many activities that I could not do before the the nerve root decompression. I would recommend Dr. Patel to any one that needs this type of operation.
R. J. Brunatti – Mar 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Naresh Patel, MD?
Dr Patel was a lifesaver for me personally. The pain in my back was so excruciating to the point where I was crouching in his office when I had first visited him since I could not sit up straight. He scheduled me for surgery immediately and my back and leg pain are gone as I write this three weeks later. I had been struggling with the pain since the 4th of July and it was progressively getting worse over time while I tried non surgical solutions to no avail. I am always skeptical reading reviews but what I had read about Dr Patel seemed to convince me and I’m glad I called him and am well on my way to a full recovery as I write this.
Dave – Jan 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Naresh Patel, MD?
I had a spinal fusion surgery.
Bill – Nov 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Naresh Patel, MD?
I CAN'T SAY ENOUGH NICE THINGS ABOUT DR. PATEL. HE IS THE NICEST DOCTOR I HAVE EVER BEEN TO. HE LISTENS TO YOU AND NEVER MAKES YOU FEEL RUSHED. HE WAS PERSONABLE, PATIENT AND EXPLAINED EVERYTHING IN DETAIL SO I COULD UNDERSTAND WHAT WAS HAPPENING. I HAD MY ONE YEAR CHECKUP RECENTLY AND HAVE BEEN COMPLETELY RELEASED. I WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMMEND HIM.
JANET PLAUTZ – Mar 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Naresh Patel, MD?
I am a Neurologist/Psychiatrist/Pain Management Doctor and I am very familiar with neurosurgical problems. I was referred to Dr. Patel by another physician who had had a successful surgical procedure by Dr. Patel in the recent past. Dr. Patel evaluated me for Lumbar Spinal Stenosis and performed the appropriate surgical procedure. All of my pre-surgical concerns were answered, especially when it came to anesthesia to protect my aging brain. All went well with the surgery and I was absolutely spoiled by all the attention provided to me by Dr. Patel and associates prior to surgery. The surgery went splendidly and I only spent 45 minutes minutes in recovery before release. What a testament to superb anesthesia and surgical procedure. I recovered nicely over several months and I am now pain free for the 1st time in 4 years. I remain active in my profession and my life. Dr. Patel is a keeper in every sense of that word. If you intend to see him, you will understand my praise!
Dec 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Naresh Patel, MD?
Dr. Patel has saved my life (or shall I say given my life back!) Fused C3,4,5 in 2011, and L1,2,3,4 in 2018 due to Spinal Stenosis and arthritis. Neither surgery was easy, I actually have more mobility in each case than I did prior to each surgery. I think the world of this man, and the Mayo Clinic. Thank you Dr. Patel!
Jay P – Nov 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Naresh Patel, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Patel?