Neurology  |
Dr. Nanda Kumar, MD
Dr. Nanda Kumar, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Manhattan, KS. He is 68 years old. Dr. Kumar is affiliated with Clay County Medical Center, Memorial Hospital, Geary Community Hospital, Community Memorial Healthcare and Mercy Regional Health Center.

1133 College Ave Ste B224

Manhattan, KS 66502

• CoreSource

Learn about Dr. Kumar

Dr. Kumar's Experience

Dr. Kumar's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurology
  • Board certified in Neurology and Sleep Medicine

• Neurology
  • Sleep Medicine
  • Sleep Medicine (Psychiatry & Neurology)

• Neurology

• Brain Aneurysm
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Palsy
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chorea (Excluding Huntington's Chorea)
  • Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuritis
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Lambert-Eaton Syndrome
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Narcolepsy and Cataplexy
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
  • Parkinson's Disease
  • Parkinsonism
  • Peripheral Autonomic Neuropathy
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Polyneuropathy Due to Alcohol and Drugs
  • Postherpetic Neuralgia
  • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
  • Restless Leg Syndrome
  • Tension Headache
  • Thrombosis
  • Torticollis
  • Tourette's Syndrome
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Vertigo
  • Visual Field Defects

• EEG (Electroencephalogram)
  • EMG (Electromyography)
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kansas.

• New York Medical College
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Misericordia Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1984
  • Lincoln Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1985
  • Metropolitan Hospital Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1986

Dr. Kumar has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Kumar does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kumar and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kumar's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kumar to family and friends
2.2
Dr. Kumar's Performance
Manhattan, KS |
Staff is rude and horrible. Treat you like you are nothing. Office has poor communication skills with patients and will try to screw you over and hang up on you. He himself is very stern when he speaks and difficult to understand and can be rough with exams. Overall did not have a comfortable experience with appointments and found it impossible to set up appointments with staff because of their rudeness and defensiveness
in Manhattan, KS |
Dr. Kumar is an exceptional physician who is extremely thorough with his patients. He is a very compassionate individual, whom I would highly recommend! He is kind, attentive, relational, and will answer any question(s) that may arrise. He is patient and takes his time, I never felt as though he was in a, "rush." I am very content with my office visits and grateful for his dedication and commitment to his patients. No need to make an appointment elsewhere. You will not be disappointed!
Manhattan, Ks |
One star is too many. I went to Dr. Kumar for headaches and he didn't listen to anything I said and ignored the medical tests I brought him. He gave me some migraine pills for my headaches claiming they seemed similar to tension headaches (without explaining how or when to take them) and told me I was depressed. The next week my primary doctor diagnosed me with a brain tumor and was shocked an MRI was not ordered by Dr. Kumar. Don't go, even if it's the only place that will take you. ZERO stars
Manhattan, KS |
Prompt, appropriate testing, modest
Colorado Springs, CO |
I would give zero stars if the option was available. He kept me on a medicine for years despite my repeatedly voicing concerns over the side effects. After I moved and visited a new doctor, guess what -- I was having reactions to the medication all along. Dr. Kumar ignored my concerns and created years of unnecessary side effects for me. His license should be revoked, he is more of a danger to his patients than their own health problems.
in Junction City Kansas |
He was rude, unprofessional, and has the bedside manner of a rabid dog. I would rather live in pain than ever let him touch me. He should not have a medical license.
The facility is dirty and unkept. The staff found it appropriate to complain about other patients and laugh about it. I was uninformed of the test they were providing before hand. The Dr Himself was also unprofessional and gave poor guidence to my primary care. If you get referred to him, read the reviews and request other another doctor! Oh and let's had that I had to wait A MONTH for an appointment
in Manhattan Kansas |
I did not like Dr. Kumar at all. He would not listen to any of the symptoms I was having. I left his office unsatisfied and extremely mad and looking for another Dr.
in Junction City, KS |
Very smart doctor. He is busy, so he doesn't waste my time, because I am busy too. I don't need a doctor treating me for things I don't have either, he is straight forward. Treated my neuropathy and said I can come back when I need to see him. His nurses are so nice too!
in Kansas |
100% awful, rude and uncaring. He doesn’t know what he's doing, and don't bother asking questions, he either can't or won't answer.
Columbus, GA |
Dr. Kumar spends as little time as possible with his patients. He left to go to India for an entire month and his office refused to refill my medication while he was gone because I hadn't set up an appointment that month even though I had prior visits to legitimize my medical needs. I had to get another doctor involved in order to make sure I had medication to last the month he left out of the country. Horrible bedside manner and a rude staff of nurses and receptionists. He doesn't seem to care.
in Abilene, KS |
This neurologist is an accident waiting to happen, you want nothing to do with him. Becoming a patient of Dr. Kumar for a year was a bad fluke. I had G.M. seizures once or twice a year for 10 years that were related to past head injuries. The side effects of dilantin were too much for me, but he wouldn't switch me over to one of the other dozen or so medications available to control seizures. I finally called KU Med, got an appointment, they diagnosed me with epilepsy and I now take Keppra.
in Olsburg, KS |
He refuses to accept the contractual agreement he has with BCBS as an in network provider. This process is called balanced billing. It's generally done by out of network providers, which he is not. I have had the same treatment for alot of years with other neurologists all of which charge only what contract allows for. My second visit with him left me owing 800.00 out of my own pocket. Office staff was extremely rude and he refused to take my call or return it. I will never return to this Dr.
Ft Riley, KS |
I have complains, he isvery Professional
in Eskridge, KS |
When I first started off seeing Dr. Kumar in 1993, he diagnose me correctly with Epilepsy. Core Liow did brain surgery to solve my Epilepsy. It slowed them down tremendously but did not completely solve the problem. I was still having Aura spells and that would set me into a siezure. When I moved back to the Manhattan area, Dr. Kumar decided to put a Pulse Generator in me, also known as (VNS). They got it to it's highest setting and I have had no more Aura spells or siezures. Great Dr.& staff
Absolutely the worst doctor I've ever been to. This supposed neurologist missed an autonomic nervous system disorder, claimed it was just anxiety. He doesn't care about any of his patients, he's arrogant and thinks he's brilliant even though he is by far the least intelligent man I've ever met. If you have a choice DO NOT go to this doctor.
Very poor. Doesn't ask questions. Doesn't seem to care.
in Fort Riley, ks |
Unbelievable not in a good way. Dr Kumar talked about a misdiagnoses of his and laughed. I had 2 mris blood test and spinal tap fluid everything pointing to MS and he said I had no multiple sclerosis but wanted to start me on medication for multiple sclerosis. A month later I saw two other neurologist and both stated and documented 30 plus plaques on my brain. Does not take care of patients or their needs medically. Save yourself time and get a new referral for another Dr. Don't mess around.
Extremely unhappy with the total experience. Would never recommend to anyone. Five months of my life was wasted with this man.
Have you seen Dr. Nanda Kumar, MD?
Are you Dr. Kumar?