Dr. Nancy Thomas, MD

Dr. Nancy Thomas, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology  ·
Female  ·

Dr. Nancy Thomas, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology specialist in Covington, LA. She specializes in obstetrics & gynecology, gynecology, and more.Read her story

Ochsner Women's Health Center

1203 S Tyler St Ste 210

Covington, LA 70433

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • CareSource
  • Community Health Choice
  • Employers Health Network
  • Galaxy Health Network
  • Gilsbar 360

Learn about Dr. Thomas

See how frequently Dr. Thomas performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Vaginosis Screening
Trichomoniasis Screening
Pap Smear

Dr. Thomas's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Thomas' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Thomas "I am from the area. I grew up in Amite Louisiana. After graduating from Louisiana State University, I finished LSU Medical School in Shreveport Louisiana. I did my Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency with the University of Tennessee in Memphis. I was awarded for advanced laparoscopic skills during training. I have since performed hundreds of laparoscopic surgeries including hysterectomies. I also perform da Vinci ROBOT surgery and am proficient with the Single Incision technique"

This content was provided by Dr. Thomas "I try to always make my patients aware of all the alternatives. I like to establish realistic goals and plans for the problem.  I like to empower my patients with all the information as to help them help me make the best decision for them.  I work hard to communicate very clearly and use time wisely so that my patients have as much time as they need.  I always think about what I would want for one of my family members.  I always consider minimally invasive surgery which makes surgery and recovery much easier for my patients. "

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Colporrhaphy
  • Colposcopy
  • C-Section
  • da Vinci® Robotic Surgery
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Syphilis Screening
  • Thyroid Screening
  • Trichomoniasis Screening
  • Tubal Ligation
  • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
  • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Vaginosis Screening
  • Vulvectomy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Louisiana.

• Louisiana State Health Science Center
    Medical School | Graduated
  • University of Tennessee / Memphis / College of Medicine & Surgery

Dr. Thomas has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Thomas does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Thomas and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Thomas' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Thomas to family and friends

Ochsner Health System

also has reviews with comments for this provider:

logo for Ochsner Health System

Dr. Thomas' Performance

Dr. Thomas is amazing. She goes above and beyond to make me comfortable with what she is doing. I recommend her to everyone who asks for a doctor. She truly cares for her patients and stays with latest medical technology. She is very knowledgeable in her field and isn't afraid to check into things...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr Thomas has always been courteous and showed concern for any health issue we have discussed. She spends time explaining and answering questions. I would highly recommend her to my family and friends for there healthcare needs.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
First time visit and i was very impressed. Dr. Thomas took her time And explained everything to me. I loved that you can do a mammogram in the office. Was in and out. Staff was also great.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I would not recommend Dr. Thomas. Her bedside manor was absolutey terrible. She conducted an ultrasound and told me my baby did not have a heartbeat and that she believed it was an early pregnancy loss. She ordered labs to confirm and seemed pretty positive there was no chance. Anyway, at the end...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

Hi, Jessica. We sincerely apologize for the issue you described. Please respond to connect@ochsner.org with your contact information so we can pass it along to a patient representative. We'd like to have someone reach out to you.

More Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialists like Dr. Thomas at Ochsner Women's Health Center

Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialist