Dr. Nancy Thomas, MD

Dr. Nancy Thomas, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology  |
17 reviews

I try to always make my patients aware of all the alternatives. I like to establish realistic goals and plans for the problem. I like to empower my patients with all the information as to help them help me make the best decision for them. I work hard to communicate very clearly and use time wisely so that my patients have as much time as they need. I always think about what I would want for one of my family members. I always consider minimally invasive surgery which makes surgery and recovery much easier for my patients.Read more

Personal Bio

I am from the area. I grew up in Amite Louisiana. After graduating from Louisiana State University, I...Read more

Dr. Thomas' Experience

See how Dr. Thomas' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Thomas

Dr. Thomas accepts 35 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Thomas has admitting privileges.

Dr. Thomas' Reviews

Healthgrades Rating
Verified Rating
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Thomas to family and friends
3.9
Dr. Thomas' Performance
Covington, LA |
First time visit and i was very impressed. Dr. Thomas took her time And explained everything to me. I loved that you can do a mammogram in the office. Was in and out. Staff was also great.
in Mandeville, LA |
I would not recommend Dr. Thomas. Her bedside manor was absolutey terrible. She conducted an ultrasound and told me my baby did not have a heartbeat and that she believed it was an early pregnancy loss. She ordered labs to confirm and seemed pretty positive there was no chance. Anyway, at the end of it all, my baby is perfect! She seemed so sure it would not be and not sympathetic at all. I will never return to her office again.
Hi, Jessica. We sincerely apologize for the issue you described. Please respond to connect@ochsner.org with your contact information so we can pass it along to a patient representative. We'd like to have someone reach out to you.
in MANDEVILLE, LA |
Dr. Thomas is very good at her job. She takes time to answer your questions.
in AMITE, LA |
love dr Nancy!
in ABITA SPRINGS, LA |
Very comfortable office environment. Staff and Doctor are always pleasant and professional
in MANDEVILLE, LA |
it was my first time meeting miss Thomas but she was very accurate
in MANDEVILLE, LA |
I was very nervous to transfer to back to a regular OB after being under the care of a reproductive endocrinologist for so long. However, Dr. Thomas always took time to answer my questions even when I knew she had to be busy based on the number of people in the waiting room. Dr. Thomas is extremely responsive using the "My Ochsner" portal, which I especially appreciate.
in HAMMOND, LA |
I was a new patient with Dr Thomas, and she is a great Doctor. Her office is very professional, but caring.
Have you seen Dr. Nancy Thomas, MD?

Compare Dr. Thomas

More Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialists like Dr. Thomas at Ochsner Women's Health Center

Dr. Thomas says...

I am from the area.  I grew up in Amite Louisiana.  After graduating from Louisiana State University, I finished LSU Medical School in Shreveport Louisiana. I did my Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency with the University of Tennessee in Memphis.  I was awarded for advanced laparoscopic skills during training. I have since performed hundreds of laparoscopic surgeries including hysterectomies. I also perform da Vinci ROBOT surgery and am proficient with the Single Incision technique

Dr. Thomas' Care Philosophy

I try to always make my patients aware of all the alternatives. I like to establish realistic goals and plans for the problem.  I like to empower my patients with all the information as to help them help me make the best decision for them.  I work hard to communicate very clearly and use time wisely so that my patients have as much time as they need.  I always think about what I would want for one of my family members.  I always consider minimally invasive surgery which makes surgery and recovery much easier for my patients.

Dr. Thomas says...

She is a fellow of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology and a member of the Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons.

Her interests include general obstetrics and gynecology such as adolescent gynecology, contraception, sexually transmitted disease screening, cervical cancer screening, cervical dysplasia treatment, breast cancer screening, polycystic ovarian syndrome, endometriosis, infertility, menopause, hormone replacement therapy, genital atrophy, female prolapse, overactive bladder, stress urinary incontinence and osteoporosis.

Dr. Thomas says...

Dr. Thomas is currently taking low and moderate risk obstetrical patients. She provides advanced gynecologic procedures such as permanent sterilization, laparoscopic hysterectomy, operative laparoscopy, hysteroscopic fibroid resection, hysteroscopic endometrial ablations and treatment of stress urinary incontinence.

Dr. Thomas' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology
  •  Board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology
  •  Malpractice claims in Louisiana not available

Dr. Thomas has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Louisiana.

Why It Matters: Dr. Thomas' Board Certifications

• Female Infertility
  • Genitourinary Tract Infections in Pregnancy
  • Gestational Diabetes
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Hemorrhage from Placenta Previa
  • Low Back Pain During Pregnancy
  • Mastodynia
  • Maternal Anemia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Ovarian Cysts
  • Pap Smear Abnormalities
  • Perimenopause
  • Placenta Previa
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Preeclampsia
  • Pregestational Diabetes Mellitus
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Symptomatic Menopause
  • Vulvar Cancer
  • Yeast Infections

Louisiana State Health Science Center
    University of Tennessee / Memphis / College of Medicine & Surgery

Dr. Thomas does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Thomas and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

• C-Section
  • Cholesterol Screening
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Colposcopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Sympathectomy
  • Syphilis Screening
  • Thyroid Screening
  • Tubal Ligation
  • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
  • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC