Dr. Nancy Kaplan Tancer, MD

Child & Adolescent PsychiatryFemaleAge 64

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

Dr. Nancy Kaplan Tancer, MD is a Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialist in Old Tappan, NJ and has over 38 years of experience in the medical field. She graduated from Umdnj-New Jersey Medical School in 1984. Her office accepts new patients.

Dr. Nancy Kaplan Tancer, MD

Dr. Kaplan Tancer accepts

Dr. Kaplan Tancer's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kaplan Tancer

1.9

I saw Dr. Tancer on and off during most of my adolescence. During that time she prescribed over a dozen heavy psychotropic medications for me, which wreaked havoc on my body and brain. I'm still dealing with many of the effects of her "treatment" to this day. In spite of her once telling me I'd never be successful in life without medication, I've made a successful life for myself and have been medication free for well over a decade. When the history of the era of irresponsible doctors pushing too much medication on adolescents is written, doctors like Dr. Tancer will be held up as particularly shameful examples. I can only guess how much she's personally profited off over-prescribing medication to vulnerable children and manipulating scared parents into protracted, ineffective treatment regimens. If you're serious about getting your child psychiatric treatment, almost any other doctor would be a better choice
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Chris – Apr 19, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nancy Kaplan Tancer, MD?
She treated my brothers and I (me since 2nd grade). I was behind all my peers learning reading and writing. After being diagnosed and treated I caught back up in a few short months and ended up going to NYU years later.
Jul 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nancy Kaplan Tancer, MD?
Dr. TANCER correctly diagnosed by son and helped him immeasurably. He was then able to perform well in school and eventually go on to college and law school. Thank you Dr. Tancer for all you have done for my son and our family.
Margaret LeRoy in Upper Saddle River NJ – Mar 31, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nancy Kaplan Tancer, MD?
Horrible "tack on more chemicals until the combination works," "recommend corporate treatment centers so that we can say we spent more time in treatment" approach to zombification-school psychiatry.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Nope in Bergenfield, NJ – Aug 03, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Nancy Kaplan Tancer, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Kaplan Tancer?