Dr. Namrata J. Shah, MD

Dr. Namrata J. Shah, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology | Female | 48 years old

Dr. Shah specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology and practices in South Plainfield, NJ. She practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Shah? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Shah's Experience

See how Dr. Shah's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Shah

Dr. Shah accepts 13 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Shah has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah's Office & Staff
    31 – 45 minutes (71)
in Edison, NJ |
Excellent doctor! She is very knowledgeable and skillful. She helped me get through a difficult pregnancy and delivery. I would recommend her to everyone. I was ready to give up, but Dr Shah was very patient and encouraging.... and because of her I had a normal delivery. Thank God we found Dr. Shah! If you are pregnant definitely go to her. You will be very satisfied.
in South Plainfield, NJ |
I stopped in her office because I happen to work in the building and I wanted to check on her availability for my wife, who is currently looking for a new OBGYN. I have never had such terrible customer service in my life. Extremely rude and unprofessional staff wouldn't even acknowledge my presence. After waiting over 15 minutes for someone to help me, I simply left. If that's how her office is run, I personally don't care how good of a clinician she is. Also her office is disgusting.
in Bridgewater, NJ |
Beware! On the due date, she sent me to her preferred hospital (JFK Med Ctr) for epidural induced labor. After the epidural, the epidural staff saw the baby's heart rate reducing. He reached dr. shah on phone multiple times and informed her to come urgently. She turned up after a long time (2-3 hrs) when the baby's heart rate was almost flat. She asked me to push and suddenly declared that she needs to do a c-section urgently. Asked my husband to sign a paper and rushed me to surgery.
in New York, NY |
Dr. darshana went on vacation on last month and reffed by Dr. shah.it was the worst experience. She did all unwanted test again.She would make parents so afraid and charge hell lots of amount to you or insurance company (3K to each doctor). though it was all normal situation , she always prefer C-section. :( Funny thing is after 10 months, they said we didn't paid remaining balance of $20 so give credit card information or they will send it to collection agency.
in Plainfield, MA |
Dr.Shah is really nice and she even prescribes well.I had PCOS at the age of 21 in another country,when I got off the prescribed pill and had some difficulties,my gyni couldn't care less, she told me to just go back on the same pill with a 'whatever' attitude.This time with Dr.Shah (who also did an excellent job with my C-section for my first born), I didn't have the same issues. Her prescriptions were good,she helped me understand my symptoms better and she genuinely cares.
in New Jersey |
I recommend Dr. Shah, who is a very caring, informative, and thoughtful physician.
in Fords, NJ |
Dr. Namrata Shah is such a great doctor; I am glad I found her. She makes me feel extremely comfortable and is very personable! That smile with which she greets you, that resolves most of the issues. I found her just couple of weeks before my second son's birth. She did an excellent service that time, from then she became my gynecologist. It's already 5 years I am with her. She's wonderful and so is her staff! I highly recommend her!!!
East Brunswick, NJ |
Very bad experience. Never returns calls. very long wait during appointments over 2.5hours. keeps on hold for phone calls minimum 15 min. staff is very poor just like Doctor. Never go to this doctor. For past 3 months I am asking for a copy of my own reports, but didn't get it as of today.I signed release records form too.
New Brunswick, NJ |
The office scheduled me an appointment and I arrived 10 minutes before my appointment and I sat 2 1/2 hours until I was called to the back. The medical assistant sat me in a chair and took my blood pressure and asked why was I there in a public setting. She told me to do a urine sample and place my urine on a table with 20 other urine samples. I then sat in a waiting room for 30 more minutes until a room opened up. The doctor came in the room for 10 minutes and left. I will NEVER come back.
in Edison |
If you would like to make an appointment, show up before said scheduled appointment, and sit there for 3+ hours waiting, surrounded by nasty office workers then diagnosed by less than mediocre doctor - this is the place for you.
Piscataway, NJ |
The staff was sick.They would put you on hold for as long as they want at times they don't even return.You have to redial to schedule an appointment. The doctor is pathetic with her time management.She listens to your issues and does what a practitioner should do. Nothing great.They are never sorry about the inconveniences they cause.Wait time is the most horrible experience one would ever have.I pity the pregnant ladies and hats off to their patience.
Horrible and torturous. The doctor is purely money minded. Please DO NOT GO TO HER if you have a choice and you are concerned about your money and health.
in East Brunswick, NJ |
Attentive, sincere, patient and knowledgeable.
Have you seen Dr. Namrata J. Shah, MD?
Are you Dr. Shah?

Compare Dr. Shah

Dr. Shah's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology
  •  Board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology

Dr. Shah has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

Why It Matters: Dr. Shah's Board Certifications

• Ectopic Pregnancy
  • Encounters for Normal Pregnancies
  • Endometriosis
  • Gestational Diabetes
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Hemorrhoids
  • High Risk Pregnancy
  • Hypertension Complicating Pregnancy, Childbirth and Postpartum
  • Intrauterine Growth Restriction
  • Mastodynia
  • Maternal Anemia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Miscarriages
  • Noninflammatory Cervical Disorders
  • Ovarian Cysts
  • Pap Smear Abnormalities
  • Perimenopause
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Symptomatic Menopause
  • Uterine Diseases
  • Uterine Fibroids
  • Uterine Prolapse
  • Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis
  • Yeast Infections

Seth Gs Medical College, Maharashtra University Of Health Sciences
    Flushing Hospital Med Center

Dr. Shah does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shah and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Birth Control
  • Colposcopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Dilation and Curettage
  • Myomectomy - Open and-or Laparoscopic
  • Osteoporosis Screening
  • Pap Smear

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.