Obstetrics & Gynecology  |
Dr. Namrata Shah, MD
Dr. Namrata Shah, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology doctor who practices in South Plainfield, NJ. She is 49 years old. Dr. Shah is affiliated with Saint Peter's University Hospital and RWJ University Hospital Hamilton.

3000 Hadley Rd Ste 2C

• Oxford Health Plans
  • QualCare

Learn about Dr. Shah

Dr. Shah's Experience

Dr. Shah's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Ectopic Pregnancy
  • Encounters for Normal Pregnancies
  • Endometriosis
  • Gestational Diabetes
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Hemorrhoids
  • High Risk Pregnancy
  • Hypertension Complicating Pregnancy, Childbirth and Postpartum
  • Intrauterine Growth Restriction
  • Mastodynia
  • Maternal Anemia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Miscarriages
  • Noninflammatory Cervical Disorders
  • Ovarian Cysts
  • Pap Smear Abnormalities
  • Perimenopause
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Symptomatic Menopause
  • Uterine Diseases
  • Uterine Fibroids
  • Uterine Prolapse
  • Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis
  • Yeast Infections

• Birth Control
  • Colposcopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Dilation and Curettage
  • Endocervical Curettage
  • Hysterectomy - Laparoscopic
  • Hysterectomy - Open
  • Hysteroscopy
  • Myomectomy - Open and-or Laparoscopic
  • Osteoporosis Screening
  • Pap Smear

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Seth Gs Medical College, Maharashtra University Of Health Sciences
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Flushing Hospital Med Center

Dr. Shah has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Shah does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shah and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Shah's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shah to family and friends
2.8
Dr. Shah's Performance
Newark, NJ |
The best doctor ever.
in Edison, NJ |
I will never go to this Dr's office. Worse experience at 1st appointment. Secretaries don't know how to serve patient as first come first base. I had an appointment at 6.00pm on July 31st 2017. I reached before time and I was first one to sign. Filled in all forms. Waiting for dr to start seeing patients. They started calling 2nd, 3rd,4th patients who came after me. When I asked about my turn they had no answer. I left from there without seeing dr. They didn't have appointments in their system
in Plainfield, NJ |
Office has pleasant atmosphere and doctor is friendly. However time management is horrible. Appointment times are NEVER honored. I have waited up to 90 minutes. I walked out and rescheduled. I had the first appointment of the day with 3 people there when I came. I have waited in exam room up to 45 minutes freezing because I had already undressed. I am cautious about recommending her because of the time management. Scheduled surgery was for 9:30 a.m. and she showed up at 3:30 p.m.
in Edison, NJ |
Excellent doctor! She is very knowledgeable and skillful. She helped me get through a difficult pregnancy and delivery. I would recommend her to everyone. I was ready to give up, but Dr Shah was very patient and encouraging.... and because of her I had a normal delivery. Thank God we found Dr. Shah! If you are pregnant definitely go to her. You will be very satisfied.
in South Plainfield, NJ |
I stopped in her office because I happen to work in the building and I wanted to check on her availability for my wife, who is currently looking for a new OBGYN. I have never had such terrible customer service in my life. Extremely rude and unprofessional staff wouldn't even acknowledge my presence. After waiting over 15 minutes for someone to help me, I simply left. If that's how her office is run, I personally don't care how good of a clinician she is. Also her office is disgusting.
in Bridgewater, NJ |
Beware! On the due date, she sent me to her preferred hospital (JFK Med Ctr) for epidural induced labor. After the epidural, the epidural staff saw the baby's heart rate reducing. He reached dr. shah on phone multiple times and informed her to come urgently. She turned up after a long time (2-3 hrs) when the baby's heart rate was almost flat. She asked me to push and suddenly declared that she needs to do a c-section urgently. Asked my husband to sign a paper and rushed me to surgery.
in New York, NY |
Dr. darshana went on vacation on last month and reffed by Dr. shah.it was the worst experience. She did all unwanted test again.She would make parents so afraid and charge hell lots of amount to you or insurance company (3K to each doctor). though it was all normal situation , she always prefer C-section. :( Funny thing is after 10 months, they said we didn't paid remaining balance of $20 so give credit card information or they will send it to collection agency.
in Plainfield, MA |
Dr.Shah is really nice and she even prescribes well.I had PCOS at the age of 21 in another country,when I got off the prescribed pill and had some difficulties,my gyni couldn't care less, she told me to just go back on the same pill with a 'whatever' attitude.This time with Dr.Shah (who also did an excellent job with my C-section for my first born), I didn't have the same issues. Her prescriptions were good,she helped me understand my symptoms better and she genuinely cares.
in New Jersey |
I recommend Dr. Shah, who is a very caring, informative, and thoughtful physician.
in Fords, NJ |
Dr. Namrata Shah is such a great doctor; I am glad I found her. She makes me feel extremely comfortable and is very personable! That smile with which she greets you, that resolves most of the issues. I found her just couple of weeks before my second son's birth. She did an excellent service that time, from then she became my gynecologist. It's already 5 years I am with her. She's wonderful and so is her staff! I highly recommend her!!!
East Brunswick, NJ |
Very bad experience. Never returns calls. very long wait during appointments over 2.5hours. keeps on hold for phone calls minimum 15 min. staff is very poor just like Doctor. Never go to this doctor. For past 3 months I am asking for a copy of my own reports, but didn't get it as of today.I signed release records form too.
New Brunswick, NJ |
The office scheduled me an appointment and I arrived 10 minutes before my appointment and I sat 2 1/2 hours until I was called to the back. The medical assistant sat me in a chair and took my blood pressure and asked why was I there in a public setting. She told me to do a urine sample and place my urine on a table with 20 other urine samples. I then sat in a waiting room for 30 more minutes until a room opened up. The doctor came in the room for 10 minutes and left. I will NEVER come back.
in Edison |
If you would like to make an appointment, show up before said scheduled appointment, and sit there for 3+ hours waiting, surrounded by nasty office workers then diagnosed by less than mediocre doctor - this is the place for you.
Piscataway, NJ |
The staff was sick.They would put you on hold for as long as they want at times they don't even return.You have to redial to schedule an appointment. The doctor is pathetic with her time management.She listens to your issues and does what a practitioner should do. Nothing great.They are never sorry about the inconveniences they cause.Wait time is the most horrible experience one would ever have.I pity the pregnant ladies and hats off to their patience.
Horrible and torturous. The doctor is purely money minded. Please DO NOT GO TO HER if you have a choice and you are concerned about your money and health.
in East Brunswick, NJ |
Attentive, sincere, patient and knowledgeable.
Have you seen Dr. Namrata Shah, MD?
Are you Dr. Shah?