Dr. Nam Dinh, MD

Dr. Nam Dinh, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMaleAge 39

Dr. Nam Dinh, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Orlando, FL. He is affiliated with medical facilities Poinciana Medical Center and Dr. P. Phillips Hospital. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Dinh to book an appointment.

Optimotion Orthopaedics

Optimotion Orthopaedics5979 Vineland Rd Ste 101 Orlando, FL 32819
Optimotion Orthopaedics518 Cypress Pkwy Poinciana, FL 34759

Hospital Highlight

Affiliated with Poinciana Medical Center Kissimmee, a highly rated hospital.

• Practices at Top Hospital Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals
  • Recent Reviews Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews

Dr. Dinh's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Dinh

Dr. Dinh
Dr. Dinh has established an ironclad “office protocol” by which he refuses to prescribe pre-surgical physical therapy, despite all the evidence proving that recovery is faster and outcomes better when patients do the therapy. He isolates himself from patients with layers of physician assistants and medical assistants. When pressed for a reason for denying physical therapy, one finally admitted that it was because of fear of liability if injury were to happen during the therapy. This points to an interesting fact that Dr. Dinh seems to have established three different corporate entities, also undoubtedly to limit legal liability. Why is he so so cautious to avoid legal liability, to the extent of denying patients services proven to be helpful? He may be an excellent surgeon, but I will never get to find that out because of the way I have been treated in seeking the physical therapy prior to surgery. He is charming when talking with patients, but this cannot be said of his assistants.
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Intelligent consumer – Oct 08, 2021
I was introduced to Dr. Nam Dinh by a neighbor who had both knees replaced and quickly returned to all his previous activities without pain. Six weeks after my total knee replacement performed by Dr. Dinh, I was pain free, enjoyed walking again, and had minimal scar. Dr. Dinh was always willing to answer all questions and even provided information on the surgical procedure and materials inserted. He is extremely knowledgeable, patient, and caring. He made me realize I had chosen the best!!
Sep 21, 2021
Dr. Nam Dinh performed a total knee replacement on me 6 weeks ago. Today my new knee is pain free and I am moving without any restrictions. My leg prior to surgery was severely bowed, now it is perfectly straight. It really is a miracle. I have already signed up to have my other knee replaced. From beginning to end Dr Dinh has been professional and more importantly caring and compassionate. If you are in pain and need relief, please make an appointment to see Dr. Dinh. You won’t regret it!
John Mc – Sep 14, 2021
Office staff are easant. Dr Dinh is always pleasant, informative, never rushes you and explains things well. Recovery was fast and 7 weeks out scar is minimal.
Ken Monico – Aug 18, 2021
Every step from diagnosis through surgery and post-op visits were wonderful. Dr. Dinh is very engaged and willing to answer any and all questions. The surgery staff at the Outpatient center were absolutely fabulous! For such a stressful situation all my concerns were allayed. This has been a really good experience and I would definitely recommend Dr. Dinh for hip replacements.
Rebecca – Jul 29, 2021
I spent many many years with painful knees and knew I needed both replaced, due to bone on bone arthritis. After hearing about this group of doctors and their innovated procedure from my brother in law, I decided to wait until I moved here from Pennsylvania to get my surgeries. I had my first knee replacement in October 2020 and was so happy with it that 2 weeks ago I got the second one done. As a registered nurse I will tell you that they are the only way to go. Not only the way they do it, but the fact that they give you pre op exercises to do to prepare for the fact that you are up and walking almost immediately, 7 days of in home physical therapy starting the day after, makes it the only way to go. Working in home care I took care of many post op knee replacements. Never have Seen anything like this. One week after surgery and I am able to walk 1 mile every morning. These doctors in this practice are a blessing to those needing knee replacement surgery.
Kathy Domsic – May 06, 2021
What a great group of Doctors. I found out about them through a friend and they did my sisters and my sons knee. They were so happy with their results. So then it was my turn which was a week ago and I'm so happy with my new knee. I could hardly walk on my Arthritis knee and in so much pain. Its is 100% better in the first week and I'm off my walker. I have to drive an hour to Orlando but so worth it. Thank You all and to the nurses in the pro-opt they have such great attitude and will keep you laughing. Becky Smith 4/7/21
Becky Smith – Apr 16, 2021
I had a total knee replacement and within a week I was walking without a walker or cane. The surgery and care couldn’t have been better. I would recommend Dr. Dinh very highly.
Georgine Piper – Apr 11, 2021
I was referred to Dr. Nam Dinh and Optimotion Orthopedics by my primary physician for consultation prior to a Hip revision surgery needed to replace a metal on metal hip resurfacing in 2009. I consulted with 2 other local surgeons and selected Dr. Nam Dinh. He was my choice for a number of reasons which have proven out post-surgery with my outstanding recovery. He had a very professional, personal approach to addressing my hip revision surgery using an anterior approach to surgery a muscle sparing and less invasive approach to assist with a faster recovery). Pain level has never been over a level 2 from day of surgery to now 3 weeks post surgery. I have been walking without the aid of a walker or cane for the last week and half and in PT 3 days/week getting stronger everyday. I also had complications from the 2009 surgery with elevated Chrome/Cobalt levels in my blood which he addressed by removing much of the foreign material around my hip joint. I would highly recommend Dr. Dinh!
Ned K. Waters – Nov 04, 2020
I had my left knee replaced with the conventional anterior incision Jan.8,2020. It took over 3 weeks before I was ready for physical therapy. After some research, I had my right knee replaced July13,2020 by Dr. Dinh. This was outpatient in by 7:00AM - home by 4:00PM. Walking without walker the next day. Lateral incision with no skin sutures or staples. Rigorous physical therapy after 1 week. Played golf 6 weeks post-op. Comparing the 2 surgeries, the lateral approach was far better. Thank you Dr. Dinh. Regards, Greg Bryant
Greg Bryant – Oct 21, 2020
I delayed knee surgery for years not wanting to be unable to exercise during the rehab process. Not a factor!! Was bike on my recumbent bike in five days and playing Pickleball in five weeks. Dr Dinh and his team leave nothing to chance. Best medical experience I have ever had!!
Michael Tkach – Sep 10, 2020
Dr. Dinh is wonderful. He takes as much time with you as needed and really listens. His orthopedic skills are stellar. He is on the cutting edge of medical technology for his specialty. My hip replacement went smoothly with no issues. He really cares about his patients. I would recommend him for anyone needing orthopedic surgery. Excellent doctor.
Patti Mathews – May 23, 2020
I was in severe hip pain and was looking for an Orthopedic surgeon and since I was an RN, I was being very selective. Fortunately I came across an article written by Dr. Dinh regarding the minimally invasive anterior approach to hip replacement and I made an appointment with him. I met a wonderfully warm, friendly, concerned person that immediately put me at ease and answered all my questions. After the surgery I realized how skilled he is. I was amazed that I was able to walk only a few hours after the surgery and the deep internal pain I was living with was gone. Yes, there was some post surgical pain that as the days went by became less. It has been 3 months now, and there is no pain whatsoever and my hip moves and feels like a natural part of me. It's amazing. If you are looking for a top notch surgeon, I highly recommend Dr. Nam Dinh. The bonus is, you will also get a really caring and compassionate person with a great bedside manner.
Diane D. – May 09, 2020
Six weeks ago, I had my left knee replaced by Dr. Dinh. The entire process from pre-op meetings to operation to post-op meetings could not have been better if I had written a script for them. Dr. Dinh is personable and has a first class bedside manner. If you need to have knee replacement surgery, I wholeheartedly recommend you use Dr. Dinh.
Lawrence P. Weinberger March 19, 2020 – Mar 19, 2020
Dr. Dinh and Optimotion-Orthapaedics staff are wonderful. One knee done and looking forward to the 2nd one. All bone-on-bone pain gone immediately. His office runs like a Nascar pitcher! Appointment times are spot on with service occurring immediately upon your time. The is the way medicine cures should be administered.
RonH. – Mar 19, 2020
Dr. Dinh has been the most professional doctor that I have ever been a patient of. Dr. Dinh has performed total knee replacements on both of my knees. The Lateral approach has helped me recover a a ver accelerated rate. He has a great bedside manner and explains everything extremely well. I put my complete faith in him. He is very thorough and is focused on the patients well-being. I would and have recommended Dr. Dinh to many of my friends and acquaintances.
Duane Greer – Jan 06, 2020
I cannot say enough nice things about Dr. Dinh. Not only is he a brilliant surgeon but also extremely kind, friendly and listened to my concerns. My right knee was very arthritic an extremely valgas. He did an amazing job straightening my leg back to its natural position along with giving me a full knee replacement. The whole experience starting with the office staff and nurses at the surgery center were great and everyone was attentive to my needs. Dr. Dinh is an excellent surgeon and I am so happy with the results!
Mary Goodwin – Dec 28, 2019
I fractured my collarbone/shoulder falling in the shower. I was in extreme pain and could not use my arm/hand. Dr. Dinh performed extensive surgery and 3 months post op I feel better than prior to my fall. The tendonitis and pain I had previously were all gone. Dr. Dinh is the consummate professional and I can't thank him enough. I fully recommend Dr. Dinh and I would not see any other orthopedic surgeon.
christine crossman – Dec 20, 2019
Dr. Dihn did a total rt. hip replacement on me and I could not be happier. He has a great bedside manner and talks, explains to you in a way that a layperson can understand. I thankfully and graciously would recomend him to anyone with hip, knee, or shoulder problem.
Robert Vandenberg Dundee, FL Nov. 21, 2019 – Nov 22, 2019
Dr Dinh has replaced both of my knees three months apart. I could't be more satisfied with his caring work and "bedside manner". He is professional, yet very compassionate every time I visit him. I recommend him for both knee and hip problems. You will be very satisfied with his methods. Much faster recuperation with his lateral approach to knee replacement. Thank you Doctor Dinh..
George "Chip" Carey – Nov 13, 2019

How was your experience with Dr. Dinh?

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. Dinh's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Dinh's Top Procedures and Conditions

Osteoarthritis of Knee

Dr. Dinh treats Osteoarthritis of Knee more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Dinh treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Osteoarthritis

Dr. Dinh treats Osteoarthritis more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Dinh treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Osteoarthritis of Ankle
  • Osteoarthritis of Elbow
  • Osteoarthritis of Finger Joint
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Toe
  • Osteoarthritis of Wrist
Hide other areas of care
Joint Pain

• De Quervain's Disease
  • De Quervain's Release
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Excision of Femur or Knee
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Foot and Ankle Ligament and Tendon Repair
  • Foot Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Surgery
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Unicompartmental Hip Surgery
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Dr. Dinh accepts

Dr. Dinh accepts the following insurance:

Ambetter
Tricare
Veteran Administration Plan
Worker's Compensation
Worker's Compensation WC

We pride ourselves in our integrated approach to Joint care. Our goal is to provide top-quality medical care that meets your individual needs. That's...Read more

Dr. Dinh is an orthopaedic surgeon with special interest in hip and knee surgery. In addition to his expertise in minimally invasive joint replacements,...Read more

Mercy Medical Center, Baltimore, MD