Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Nader Moinfar, MD
I am an ophthalmologist specializing in diseases of the retina, vitreous and macula, including inflammation and uveitits. I see patients at multiple locations throughout central Florida, and have been providing adult and pediatric vitreoretinal care since 2000. The oldest of two sons, I was raised in the backyard of our nation's capital. I spent my childhood growing up in Fairfax County, Virginia. Soccer was a huge part of my life, and I played competitively throughout high school (center halfback). I stayed in Washington, DC for college, attending Georgetown University for my undergraduate studies; and later, Medical College of Virginia where I graduated from medical school. I discovered a passion for ophthalmology during medical school, and after returning to Georgetown University Medical Center for my internship and residency, I completed a fellowship in vitreoretinal disease and surgery at the University of California, Irvine Medical Center. Job opportunities brought me to Florida and after practicing for a few years in Orlando, I joined Florida Retina Consultants, where I currently work. On a personal note, during my internship at Georgetown, I met my amazing wife Brenda, with whom I married 6 years later! Since then, we have had the joys, blessings, and challenges of raising 3 boys, ages 11, 10 and 6. While patient care and administrative duties keep me busy, I try to find a happy balance between work and family. I enjoy weight training and running, and have even participated in the Chicago marathon and the Disney marathon. I hope this provides you a more personal perspective about me, and helps you make a more knowledgeable, personal decision about your medical care. Thank you! -Dr. Nader Moinfar

560 Rinehart Rd Ste 110

Lake Mary, FL 32746

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • Careplus
  • Worker's Compensation

Learn about Dr. Moinfar

I have two, simple guiding principles:

1. Put myself in your shoes-- you are unique, and no two persons are the same .

2. Care for each person like a member of my own family.

Dr. Moinfar's Experience

Dr. Moinfar's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ophthalmology

• Cavernous Hemangioma
  • Central Serous Chorioretinopathy
  • Chorioretinitis
  • Choroidal Melanoma
  • Choroidal Neovascular Membranes (CNVM)
  • Choroidal Osteoma
  • Corneal Abrasion
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Cystoid Macular Edema
  • Diabetic Eye Disease
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen
  • Floaters
  • Hyphema
  • Hypopyon
  • Iridocyclitis
  • Iris Coloboma - Macrocephaly - Agenesis of the Corpus Callosum - Brachydactyly - Mental Retardation
  • Iritis
  • Posterior Vitreous Detachment
  • Proliferative Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Punctate Inner Choroidopathy
  • Purulent Endophthalmitis
  • Reiter's Syndrome (Reactive Arthritis)
  • Retained Intraocular Foreign Body, Magnetic
  • Retinal Dystrophy
  • Retinal Hemorrhage
  • Retinal Neovascularization
  • Retinal Vein Occlusion
  • Retinitis Pigmentosa (RP)
  • Retinitis Pigmentosa - Mental Retardation - Deafness
  • Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP)
  • Retinoschisis

• Optomap® Retinal Exam
  • Panretinal Photocoagulation
  • Paracentesis of Anterior Eye
  • Peripheral Iridotomy
  • Photodynamic Therapy (PDT)
  • Pneumatic Retinopexy
  • Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye
  • Removal of Intraocular Foreign Body
  • Repair of Retinal Detachment
  • Repair of Retinal Detachment or Retinal Tear
  • Retina and Vitreous Surgery
  • Retinal Freezing (Cryopexy)
  • Retinal Laser Photocoagulation
  • Retinal Laser Surgery
  • Retinal Surgery
  • Retinal Testing
  • Retinal Thermal Laser Therapy
  • Scleral Buckling
  • Surgery, Trauma
  • Vitrectomy
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery
  • YAG Laser Capsulotomy
  • YAG Laser Surgery

• Georgetown University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1990
  • Virginia Commonwealth University / Medical College Of Virginia School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1994
  • University Of California At Irvine / California College Of Medicine & Surgery
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2000
  • Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School Of Public Health
    Other Education | Completed 2011

Dr. Moinfar has no media or publications listed.

• Farsi
  • French

Dr. Moinfar does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Moinfar and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Moinfar's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Moinfar to family and friends
Dr. Moinfar Says:

I am aware that we can always make things better, and always ask myself what can be done to improve things-- for my patients, my family, and my society.  I take any feedback very seriously, and respond with the respect and responsiveness that is deserved.  Our staff and administrators know to convey any issues to me directly-- at the end of the day, I must personally...

Dr. Moinfar's Performance
Leesburg, Fl. |
My experience with Dr. Nader Moinfar and Florida Retina was fantastic! I was impressed the first minute I walked into the office. It is up to date with decor, clean, & neat. Dr. Moinfar came in and performed my exam. He was also very kind, knowledgeable and very professional and personable. He set me up for surgery the next day to remove the blood and repaired the blood vessel in my eye. Thanks to his quick action I have my site in my eye.  I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Nader Moinfar.
in Orlando, FL |
I have been seeing another ophthalmologist for years but have recently been experiencing extremely watery eyes and felt my doctor was not giving me the care and concern I needed. My daughter had recently seen Dr. Moinfar and couldn't say enough about his kind, caring, and compassionate attitude; as well as, his wealth of knowledge and experience. I saw Dr. Moinfar today and was so impressed. He was all the things my daughter had said, and so much more. Dr. Moinfar is my new ophthalmologist!
Ocala, FL |
I was referred to Dr Moinfar by my Ophthalmologist in 2014 when I was experiencing severe problems with my eyes. He diagnosed and treated me immediately while explaining with compassion and patience. My successful recovery is owed to his expert analysis and interventions. I find him to be an outstanding physican with exceptional bedside manner and rapor with his patients. He is truly a gifted caring doctor that I will remember forever. I am a retired nurse who got respect and honor as a patient
Orlando, FL 32803 |
Dr. Moinfar saw my husband on a Sunday by the referral of a local opthamologist, and again on Wednesday (with no appointments for either treatment). We were both well informed of the condition of my husband's eye, the treatments, and what to look for in future. We were very well cared for by Dr. Moinfar. This is how all doctors should treat their patients!
in Lakeland FL |
Dr. Moinfar is a very professional and great doctor. What really sets him off from the others is his personality. He is very witty, great bedside manner, great memory for names and situations, and he made me feel like I can call him "my friend". I have no personal relationship with him, but he seems to be the type of person you can trust, won't let you down, and is genuinely concerned of your health and well being. He also has an MPH. Look it up to gain an insight into the type of doctor he is.
Charlotte, NC |
Dr. Moinfar is very kind and considerate of his patient's time and wellness. He is also make himself available during weekend. You can easily call him on weekend and he will visit you. He is very expert and professional.
Orlando, FL |
With his staff tied up in traffic, Dr. Moinfar took me right in ,prepped me and did my exam by himself. The doctor and his staff were friendly courteous and professional. the only reason the staff was late was a huge backup on the interstate and even that didn't slow this great doctor down. I choose Dr. Moinfar because of his great reviews on this site, I was well pleased with my choice.
Lakeland, FL |
Dr. Moinfar spends time with me and explains my procedures. My monthly shots to my eye are virtually painless. He is patient and caring.
in Deltona, FL |
Dr. Moinfar is very kind and considerate of his patient's time and wellness. I recently underwent surgery, vitrectomy, handled by Dr. Moinfar and was impressed with his level of expertise. He made sure to visit me before and after the surgery, and sent someone out to update my wife on their progress. The day after my surgery, he traveled 75 miles each way in order to meet with me to exam the eye and review the progress. Yes, I was his only appointment that day in Lake Mary.
in Orlando, FL |
I have been a patient of Dr. Moinfar since 2002. While I have found him to be a very compassionate care giver, he is far more importantly, a highly skilled retina specialist. I owe my vision to Dr. Moinfar, and I have recommended him to many friends and acquaintances over the years.
in Lakeland FL |
Dr. Moinfar saw me immediately regarding a post op issue. He had not done the surgery. I was impressed with his skill and manner. He exhibits the behavior of a true physician and not just a person with a medical degree. We have fewer and fewer people who enter the medical profession who really care for the patient. This man does care!!
in Longwood, FL |
Dr Moinfar is more than generous with his time, almost as if he is a brother or very close relative. He is compassionate, concerned, and reassuring. He did surgery on my detached retina. I recommend him highly.
in Winter Springs, FL |
I was experiencing retina flashes and contacted Dr. Moinfar's office. Even though he was at his other office that day he was kind and compassionate enough to meet me at his Lake Mary office at 6 on a Friday evening! He examined my eye and provided me with a diagnosis which thankfully was not a torn retina. I really appreciated that he went out of his way and took the time to see me so that I did not have to worry all weekend as to my situation. I would highly recommend him to anyone.
in Lakeland, FL |
Dr. Moinfar was referred to me by a family friend. I was told I had a macular hole that needed repair. Once I met the doctor and his friendly staff, I was immediately put at ease. He was very thorough in his examination, as well as the explanation for my condition and the treatment for it. He has a calming manner and is caring and compassionate towards his patients. The surgery was 100% successful and my vision has been restored. I would highly recommend him to anyone I meet.
in Lakeland,FL |
Dr Moinfar is compassionate, patient, and knowledgable.He is a rare find!I came in after a complication from laser surgery(another doctor preformed) and Dr Moinfar didn't rush me out the door- he took time to explain why the bleeding was happening and what my options were to correct the issue. I never felt like my questions were a bother. So thankful to find such a caring doctor- I will definitely recommend him to anyone needing an optimologist. I only wish I had found him sooner.
in Orlando FL |
Very thorough and approachable, detailed and compassionate.
in Tampa, FL |
I saw two retina specialists prior to seeing Dr. Moinfar. They advised me of a procedure, to reattach my retina that would take away my vision in my right eye for several years until I have a cataract removed and a lens is put in. Being a pilot I went for a third opinion. Dr. Moinfar, like me is a pilot, and came up with a procedure to reattach the retina and keep vision in my right eye. It has been 5 weeks, so far so good. He and his staff were professional, caring, and accessible. Thank you!!!
in Orlando, FL |
Dr. Moinfar (a wonderful staff) has been the retinal specialist for my husband for nearly 20 years and now for me too. You will never find a more caring, calm, supportive, kind individual - and the best a doctor has to offer. Dr. Moinfar is knowledgeable; a superior surgeon; reassuring in the face of some of the most frightening conditions that can affect you (possible loss of sight); and has the ability to explain so that you understand what is happening. He has become part of our family!
Have you seen Dr. Nader Moinfar, MD?
Are you Dr. Moinfar?