Dr. Nabeen Hussain, MD

Dr. Nabeen Hussain, MD

Neurology  |
Dr. Nabeen Hussain joined Neurological Medicine in July 2005 as a staff member. Dr. Hussain began his medical training graduating at The Johns Hopkins University in 1993. He subsequently received his medical degree from Hahnemann University School of Medicine in 1997. Dr. Hussain is board certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. He was honored as the resident of the year from his neurology training program at the National Capitol Consortium, and is a medical instructor at the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences. Dr. Hussain proudly served in the United States Army between 1997-2005, and retired as a Major while serving at both Walter Reed Army Medical Center (AMC) in Washington, D.C., and William Beaumont AMC in El Paso, TX. In addition to English, Dr. Hussain speaks Hindi. Special interests in Neurology include: Stroke, Epilepsy, Dementia, Headache, and Neuropathy. Dr. Hussain is an active member of the American Academy of Neurology.

7500 Hanover Pkwy Ste 201

Greenbelt, MD 20770

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • HealthSmart

Learn about Dr. Hussain

See how frequently Dr. Hussain performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Thrombosis
Vertigo
Headache

Dr. Hussain's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Hussain "We offer complete adult and pediatric neurological care as well as in-office neurodiagnostic studies including EEG (brain wave), EMG/NCT (nerve and muscle testing), and evoked potentials for the convenience of our patients."

• Neurology

• Insomnia
  • Lyme Disease
  • Meningiomas
  • Menstrual Migraine
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Myoclonus
  • Narcolepsy and Cataplexy
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Polyneuropathy Due to Alcohol and Drugs
  • Post-Concussion Syndrome
  • Postherpetic Neuralgia
  • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
  • Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
  • Tension Headache
  • Thrombosis
  • Tic Disorders
  • Torticollis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Vertigo

• EEG (Electroencephalogram)
  • EMG (Electromyography)
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

• The Johns Hopkins University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1993
  • Hahnemann School Of Medicine, Allegheny University Of Health Sciences
    Medical School | Graduated 1997
  • Walter Reed Amc Wash Dc
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1998
  • Nat'l Capital Consortium
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2001

Dr. Hussain has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Hussain does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hussain and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Hussain's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hussain to family and friends
Dr. Hussain's Performance
in Greenbelt, MD |
Dr. Hussain has been fantastic in helping me deal with my migraines for at least the past three years. He really listens and has worked with me to find the right combination of medicines. This has changed over time, and I never feel like he is forcing a medicine. When I've had a medicine not work, he has always found an alternative, and has also helped make sure I'm on as few as possible. He's efficient, kind, patient and thorough. Can't recommend him highly enough!
in District Heights |
I was very nervous because I had this test performed 3 times in the past at different facilities and it was absolutely painful. However, it was TOTALLY different this time! Dr. Hussain was very gentle and the entire procedure went very quickly and it was really tolerable. This was my 4th time and hopefully my last. If I ever have to have the nerve tests perform again, I'm coming to see Dr. Hussain and his staff. I did not cry at all. Nor was I in pain when I left.
in College Park, MD |
Dr. Hussain has been wonderful. With the appropriate testing, Dr. Hussain diagnosed what I had been calling "sinus headaches" for years, as migraines. Taking a conservative approach, he prescribed an older drug that appears to has greatly reduced the frequency of my headaches. I found him to be thorough, thoughtful and gentle a doctor. He listened well, asked me good questions & I am extremely happy with the outcome.
in Bowie, MD |
Dr. Hussain listens to his patients, he observes them diligently to pick up on maladies that are not his specialty. He reviews lab work and other procedures performed for other doctors for contributing factors to the reason being referred. By doing all of the above, he saved my life. By expressing concern that a doctor had not addressed serious blockages, we sought a second opinion that kept me from a life threatening heart attack by having by-pass surgery. Because he cares, I am alive
in Hyattsville, MD |
Dr. Hussain is an Awesome Neurologist. He runs tests to rule out certain conditions and not assume. He is very efficient and I enjoy visiting he always make sure I'm OK and have no doubt's or questions. Keep up the Great work
in Greenbelt, MD |
Dr. Hussain has been my doctor since 2005. He stays on top of current medical information to help his patients. I am a very questioning person and he always patiently answers my questions and if I don't ask any he ask me where my list is. If I want to try something he looks it over and tells me if I should or should not try it. If he says no he always tells me his reasons for that decision. I have recommended him to several people over the years. I have not problem getting appointments with Dr.
in College Park, MD |
Dr. Hussain is very professional, personable and puts his patients at ease. He knows how to talk to patients about their illness, medication and overall health. I would recommend him to anyone who has neurological conditions.
Baltimore, MD |
Dr Hussain is the greatest! He's efficient & listened to my issues...I have recommemded several patients over the years.
Greenbelt, MD |
Dr. Hussain is exactly what I needed. He was reassuring, and looked at all my information even from studies I had done over ten years ago. He thoroughly researched my medical history and gave me sound advice by walking me through every decision involving my healthcare.
I would highly recommend Dr. Hussain to anyone looking for a neurologist. I sought care for migraines and Dr. Hussain ordered a thorough workup consisting of several tests. He explained the purpose of each test, and after I had them done he went over each of the results. I felt like he really listened to my concerns and developed a plan that fit my needs. He even went above and beyond when I encountered some prescription/insurance issues...I can't recommend Dr. Hussain enough.
in Catonsville, MD |
I'd like to express my overall experience as being well above just generally satisfied with the knowledge and efficiency of Dr. Hussain and his office assistant ( Tannette) . As a matter of fact the staff as a whole are very friendly and knowledgeable, especially Tannette because she seems to really go the extra mile with the right words and patience dealing with public . Thank You , Herb Jackson , Jr.
in Greenbelt Md |
Very pleased with the progress I have made with Dr Hussain. I always recommend him with my friends. Thanks a bunch Dr. Hussain. -Junior Ramos
in edgewater, MD |
I have been seeing Dr. Hussain for almost a year now and he is the first Dr. in years that has really listened and helped me to find relief for my chronic pain. I really like his patient calm demeanor when I can no longer deal with the pain. He is thorough and has helped me more than many others at Johns Hopkins and other institutions. I would highly recommend him to anyone.
in Bowie, MD |
Dr. Hussain is the most caring and responsive doctor that I have ever had. I went to him when I was first diagnosed with MS. He immediately soothed my nerves and made me feel like we were fighting together to combat the disease. His is a joy to work with and I trust him completely with my care.
in Bowie, MD |
I just love Dr Hussain. He is a very knowledgeable Neurologist. He keeps up with all the latest medications and technologies. Dr Hussain has been my doctor for over 9 years. When he diagnosed my MS he was so kind. He made sure I was ok and that I understood all my medical options. Dr Hussain has even called me at home to recommend a new and improved medication that was perfect for me. His office is very friendly and they do not overbook their appointments. I would highly recommend Dr Hussain.
in Hyattsville, MD |
I was very impressed with Dr Hussain not just with him but the whole staff. He recommended a few tests that were performed onsite. The techs were very professional. As far a Dr Hussain he was very thorough, explained all the test. I didnt feel like he was pushing me in order to go to the next patient. I trust him with my health care. Would definitely recommend him to others who need his medical specialty.
Fairfax, VA |
THANK YOU DR. HUSSAIN, YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY THE BEST AND I AM SO THANKFUL TO HAVE YOU AS MY DOCTOR. Even though I have to drive 2 hours to see him, it is well worth it. Anyone looking for a REALLY excellent neurologist run, don't walk to see Dr. Nabeen Hussain.
in Greenbelt, MD |
I have been taking my husband to Dr. Hussain for the past several years. He is always professional, kind, knowledgeable and willing to take the time to listen to any concerns we have regarding my husband's medical status. We can always count on being taken close to our designated appointment time, which is not the case with many physicians. It is obvious that Dr. Hussain loves his professional and truly cares about his patients.
in Odenton, MD |
Dr. Hussain has been taking care of me for 10 years keeping me going and alive. I've got Parkinson and before being treated by Dr. Hussain my health was getting worse and now I've got my life back. His choice of medications continue to work great. The practice Neurological Medicine, P.A. is always timely with billing. appointments. and care. No unnecessary testing and prompt notification of results. Dr. Hussain is also respectful of your concerns and is always very helpful. Great Staff.
Upper Marlboro, MD |
Great Dr. professional but caring. Listens to every word, and never rushes!
in Severn MD |
Dr. Hussain expedited my testing as my condition worsened and was able to correctly diagnose my illness and get me started on treatment. The treatment he recommended has me back to a healthy state and normal activity levels.
in Lady Lake, FL |
I have seen Dr Hussain for many years. I have always been very happy with his appointments. He has always taken time with me and has treated my condition with care and consideration. He has only scheduled tests we both have determined I needed.
Have you seen Dr. Nabeen Hussain, MD?
Are you Dr. Hussain?

• CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
    Blue Choice Advantage
    Blue Preferred PPO
    CareFirst Maryland POS
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA