Dr. Myron Bednar, MD

HematologyMaleAge 54

Telehealth services available

Hunterdon Hematology/Oncology

2100 Wescott Dr Flemington, NJ 8822

Dr. Myron Bednar, MD is a Hematology Specialist in Flemington, NJ and has over 29 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Bednar has more experience with Blood Disorders and Lymphatic System Disorders than other specialists in his area. He graduated from UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School medical school in 1993. He is affiliated with Hunterdon Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Bednar to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Hematology Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Hospital Satisfaction

No malpractice claims found for New Jersey

Frequently Treated by Dr. Bednar

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Bednar treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Bednar treats other conditions, please contact the office at (908) 788-6461.

Blood Disorders

Blood disorders specialists diagnose and treat conditions that affect the blood's ability to function, including hemophilia, anemia, and sickle cell disease.Compare with other Blood Disorders specialists.

Dr. Bednar is experienced in the area of Blood Disorders. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 26 conditions and procedures

Normal
High
Very High

Lymphatic System Disorders

Lymphatic disorders specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the lymphatic system, including lymphedema, lymphadenitis, and lymphangitis.Compare with other Lymphatic System Disorders specialists.

Treatments

• Acute Lymphoid Leukemia
  • Acute Myeloid Leukemia
  • Anemia
  • Anemia and Iron Deficiency Screening
  • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
  • Bleeding Disorders
  • Bone Marrow Biopsy
  • Burkitt's Lymphoma
  • Central Nervous System Lymphoma
  • Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
  • Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML)
  • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
  • Cryoglobulinemia
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Erythropoietin Test
  • Hemophilia
  • Hemophilia A
  • Hypercoagulable State
  • Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)
  • Leukocytosis
  • Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma
  • Pancytopenia
  • Polycythemia Rubra Vera
  • Primary Central Nervous System Lymphoma
  • Primary Hypercoagulable State (incl. Factor V Leiden Disease)
  • Purpura
  • Vitamin B Deficiency
  • Vitamin B12 Deficiency
  • von Willebrand Disease

Dr. Bednar accepts

Dr. Bednar accepts the following insurance:

Select

Dr. Bednar's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Bednar

4.1

Dr. Bednar

Dr. Bednar's quick and decisive action against a problem that I spotted literally saved me. His persistence in getting to a root cause; his knowledge of my health history and the timing of his decision making was instrumental in getting to a positive outcome. Nothing but praise for this man!!! He and Nurse Navigator Samantha Geiger facilitated the process every step of the way. Responsive and caring - they epitomized what excellence in healthcare should be about!!!!
William Balduino – Jul 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Myron Bednar, MD?
Dr. Bednar is keeping me alive although my condition is terminal. He works with me to allow me to be the most comfortable that I can be and works with another expert in the field at RWJ. I am pleased to be under his care.
Joel - June 18, 2020 – Jun 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Myron Bednar, MD?
I am fortunate to be under the care of Dr Bednar, for several years. He is familiar with my medical issues & works in conjunction with my other Dr's to give me the best medical care & direction to specialists when necessary. He is kind to me and is a physician who is also concerned about me, as a patient and as an individual. He reviews tests results in a manner that I can I feel confident & understand. Dr Bednar shares his level of medical information & knowledge with his patients. I would most definitely recommend Dr. Bednar to others.
Barbara Berger – Jun 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Myron Bednar, MD?
Having Dr. Bednar take care of me with my cancer has helped me stay positive. He is very special and kind and I trust him with the advice and care that he gives me. Dr. Bednar always has time for my concerns and questions. He is professional and is a blessing for the many who need an oncologist.
CP in Flemington, NJ – Jun 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Myron Bednar, MD?
I have known Dr Bednar for almost 20 years. He treated my wife for non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma and did a great job. End result-she won her battle wIth cancer thanks to the care of Dr Bednar. He made all the right decisions. I will be forever thankful to him. Great person to deal with. Always pleasant and very knowledgeable. In fact he is now also treating my cousin and mom and I would recommend him to anyone. We are blessed to have him in our area.
Anthony Scotto – Jun 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Myron Bednar, MD?
Dr. Benard has saved me from breast cancer and has always been a very caring doctor. He is patient and is a very good doctor. I would give him a hundred stars for saving me. He is nice and I thank him for caring for me.
Assia – Jun 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Myron Bednar, MD?
Not my visit but my husband's who died in August of 2019. My opinion was we got the worse care to the point of him not telling my husband the cancer had metastasize and after his sepsis that he needed to go home on Hospice. He expected more and more test. It was a doctor's from the Care Center who told us to take him home on Hospice. Dr. Bednar is not compassionate for being an oncologist and very cold. Wanted my husband to change doctor's but he felt it was too late for that. Please we have other doctors at Fox Chase.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Lorraine Sharer – Feb 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Myron Bednar, MD?
Acted like a salesman for chemo. Try to scare you into treatment , does not like to be questioned about his medicine.
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Nov 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Myron Bednar, MD?
I saw Dr Bednar for breast cancer for 2 yrs. He told me I should do chemo without Oncotype test because it would be high, I insisted and it came back low at 14. Dr Bednar acted he never got it wrong, I should have 2nd thought back then, yet I trusted him. Last Christmas I gave him an expensive gift. Dr Bednar excitedly took the gift but didn't hesitate to insult me by implying this would make his spouse jealous. I told him the next morning I would not see him again, I overlooked I still had 3 MRIs he ordered . After the MRIs, he refused to review the results with me. I had to talk to his office manager who showed incredible kindness and understanding. He was forced to do his job reviewed the results with me. Dr Bednar told me the office manager asked him to return the gift but he had been using it. No normal person would be comfortable using it considering the circumstances. The arrogance and antipathy was stunning. At the end I felt mistreated and it was a dehumanizing experience.
May 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Myron Bednar, MD?
New to the area, I was uncertain. I learned more at my first 2 visits than known in 14+ months with previous Oncologist. Dr Bednar also directed me to Genetics-a family disorder may cause certain other cancers....Thankful! AAA+
H.T. in Clinton , NJ – Mar 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Myron Bednar, MD?
I was very frighten when I meet Dr Bednar. At age 46 I didn't think I would hear stage 3 Breast cancer. But we have been on this journey since December 2002 till today October 24 2016. I have lived to see both my kids graduate College and my daughter get married. The true joy is the birth of 2 beautiful granddaughters in the last 5 years. I plan on dancing at their weddings and becoming a great grandmother. GG has alot of living to do because of the treatment Dr Bednar advised.
jill kreider in whitehouse station – Oct 25, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Myron Bednar, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Bednar?
Provider explaining information to patient