Dr. Myriam Mondestin-Sorrentino, MD

Maternal-Fetal Medicine •  Female • Age 52

Dr. Mondestin-Sorrentino

New Jersey Neck Back Institute

3131 Princeton Pike Bldg 6 Lawrenceville, NJ 08648

Dr. Myriam Mondestin-Sorrentino, MD is a Maternal-Fetal Medicine Specialist in Lawrenceville, NJ. She is affiliated with medical facilities Penn Medicine Princeton Health and Pennsylvania Hospital. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Mondestin-Sorrentino to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Maternal-Fetal Medicine Specialists in your area

• Practices at Top Hospital
    Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals
  • Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction

No malpractice claims found for New Jersey

Check Dr. Mondestin-Sorrentino's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Mondestin-Sorrentino's Top Procedures and Conditions

High Risk Pregnancy

Dr. Mondestin-Sorrentino treats High Risk Pregnancy more than 98% of her peers

Dr. Mondestin-Sorrentino treats this condition more than 98% of her peers

Pregnancy Ultrasound

Dr. Mondestin-Sorrentino performs Pregnancy Ultrasound more than 96% of her peers

Dr. Mondestin-Sorrentino performs this procedure more than 96% of her peers

• 3D Ultrasound
  • Abdominal Disorders
  • Advanced Fetal Ultrasound
  • Amniocentesis
  • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
  • Bleeding Disorders
  • Blood Disorders
  • Blood Disorders in Pregnancy
  • C-Section
  • Cervical Cerclage
  • Cervical Polyps
  • Coagulation Defects in Pregnancy and Postpartum
  • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
  • Fetal Echocardiography
  • Preeclampsia
  • Pregestational Diabetes Mellitus
  • Pregnancy Ultrasound
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Primary Hypercoagulable State (incl. Factor V Leiden Disease)
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sickle Cell Disease
  • Uterine Diseases
  • Uterine Fibroids
  • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
  • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC
  • Venous Thrombosis and Phlebitis in Pregnancy

Dr. Mondestin-Sorrentino accepts

Dr. Mondestin-Sorrentino accepts the following insurance:

Select
Oxford Liberty

Dr. Mondestin-Sorrentino's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Mondestin-Sorrentino

Dr. Mondestin-Sorrentino?
Simply Amazing! If I had to use a few words: thorough, dedicated, kind, knowledgeable. From my first interaction until my last, Dr. Mondestin went above and beyond any expectation I had. I was in between insurance companies and no OBGYNs would even schedule an appt. with me for a routine checkup until my new insurance was active (then had a wait time of 3 weeks before an opening). By the time I called Dr. Mondestin's office, I was in tears from so much rejection. She scheduled me an appointment for the day after my insurance went active to ensure I was on track and gave me her cell phone number. I had to go often and every single time, Dr. Mondestin took her time and really checked that the development was going well. She would often spend an hour with me and after examining everything, meet in her office where I could ask questions. I never once felt rushed. I have never had a doctor be so thorough or care so much. It was amazing. I wish that I could go to her for everything.
Meghan – Nov 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Myriam Mondestin-Sorrentino, MD?
My experience with Dr. Mondestin was above and beyond. I was only sent to see her because of my age (37) to monitor me and do my ultrasounds. At just 10 weeks, she was able to see evidence that would suggest a chromosomal abnormality. She brought me into her office to explain everything and all the possibilities gently and thoroughly. She pushed to get my NIPT bloodwork results back early. She called me on my cellphone to check on me and follow up and she had me come back to the office with my husband to meet with us together, give us any and all information about our likely Trisomy 21/Down syndrome diagnosis. We met with Tressie, a wonderful Genetic Counselor who helped both my husband and I understand things further. Though our diagnosis did not feel like positive news, with their help we embraced our child and eventually were able to celebrate our pregnancy. Dr. Mondestin took such care and was so empathetic and understanding. She truly relates to you as a person not just a patient.
Rebecca – Oct 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Myriam Mondestin-Sorrentino, MD?
Dr. Mondestin is an excellent doctor who is so caring and very personable with each and every patient. She and her staff genuinely care about the health of both baby and mother. Her passion shows when she is with a patient and reviewing paperwork to make sure everything is okay and that, as a patient, you are getting the best.
Oct 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Myriam Mondestin-Sorrentino, MD?
Dr Mondestin is a well-rounded, very educated perinatologist with special training in high-risk pregnancy care. I happened to also have a consult with her prior to getting pregnant since I have a history of PCOS and had concerns about getting pregnant. Other doctors told me it would be difficult or I would need medications but the number one advice Dr Mondestin gave me was to eat a healthy diet and lose weight since I was considered overweight due to my BMI. I followed her instructions and was able to conceive naturally on my own. She has monitored me through my pregnancy and spends lots of time educating me on what risk factors to be aware of that are specific to me. I admire that she is always on top of the latest research. You can tell that she genuinely cares about the health of her patients and is very passionate about what she does.
Tracy – Aug 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Myriam Mondestin-Sorrentino, MD?
Awesome best sums up my experience. Dr. Mondestin- Sorrentino is amazing! Not only does she have the best bedside manor, she’s extremely smart and thorough. This is my first pregnancy and she has been such a resource. I see her at her office in CentraState Medical Center, Freehold and part of Princeton Perinatology. Her staff is also amazing. They are polite and extremely helpful. The ultrasound tech Ashley is awesome! They are all attentive and very responsive. I myself work in healthcare and take it from me, you will be very happy going to them.
Laura – Jul 31, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Myriam Mondestin-Sorrentino, MD?
I had complications with my placenta and Dr. Mondestin was my high risk doctor throughout my pregnancy. She was very friendly yet professional. I could tell she cares for her patients by the amount of time she spent with me, examining me several times a week to make sure my condition did not worsen. She was very thorough in her exams and was very straightforward with her explanation of what could have affected me and my baby. It put my mind at ease knowing that she was worried just as much as i was about the health of my baby. Our beautiful baby girl was born healthy thanks to Dr. Mondestin. I would recommend her to friends and family without a second thought.
O.B. – Jul 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Myriam Mondestin-Sorrentino, MD?
Dr.Mondestin-Sorrentino is an EXCELLENT Doctor! I would highly recommend anyone looking for a professional, kind,and caring doctor. She sits with you patiently and explains everything thoroughly!
Anna – Apr 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Myriam Mondestin-Sorrentino, MD?
Dr. Mondestin Sorrentino is an incredible doctor. She is a rare find in today’s medical landscape. Not only is she highly educated and qualified to care for you, but she truly cares for her patients and goes above and beyond in her practice. When most doctors can’t be bothered to spend more than 5 minutes looking after you, Dr. Mondestin Sorrentino takes her time to thoroughly attend to your needs and concerns. On more than one occasion she cut into her personal time to make sure I was looked after. I cannot recommend her enough and deeply appreciate her willingness to provide quality care over quantity.
Emily Kwok – Mar 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Myriam Mondestin-Sorrentino, MD?
THE WORLD NEEDS MORE Drs like Dr. Mondestin! She is without question, the most dedicated, invested, and caring doctor I've ever encountered. Early in my pregnancy we were told our child had a very rare genetic disorder. After being practically ignored by our original MFM at our local hospital, I desperately reached out to Dr. Mondestin's. Dr. Mondestin immediately responded my my call, saw me for an emergency visit that day, and spent over an hour with me, making phone calls, and reassuring me. She even gave me her personal cell #. After our initial visit, Dr. Mondestin reached out to me every few days just to see how I was doing. Throughout the rest of my pregnancy, she continued to awe me with her caring nature, reaching out to specialists and connecting me with any/all resources. She was a listening ear, deeply invested in my care, a knowledgeable resource, and extremely thorough throughout. For these reasons I drove over an hour to see her. I owe the health of my baby to her.
Anna M. – Jan 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Myriam Mondestin-Sorrentino, MD?
I honestly don’t know where to begin, all I can say is if you are looking for a high risk doctor, look no further. I had a high risk pregnancy after having a miscarriage at 16 weeks of pregnancy in 2017 due to having multiple fibroids. I found Dr. Mondestin after frantically searching online for a high risk doctor. I was also looking for a new OB. My first appointment with Dr. Mondestin took almost 2hrs. She took almost 1hr doing my first ultrasound in her office, making sure the baby was ok. She is very thorough. She put me at ease, answered all my questions and prescribed something for pain and recommended a weekly shot to prevent preterm labor. She also recommend me to a new OB, called him on his cellphone while I was in her office and I was in his office the following day. Due to the size of my fibroids I was told that I might need to schedule a C-section, Dr. Mondestin said no need to, she said let that be the last option. I gave natural birth to a 7lbs baby girl in September!
Debbie Jean – Dec 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Myriam Mondestin-Sorrentino, MD?
I started seeing Dr. Mondestin at 24 weeks of my pregnancy due to being high risk. I work in the healthcare field and have never experienced the care and time she took with each appointment. Dr Mondestin was always on time and accommodating. She took her time to explain procedures and diagnosis throughout my pregnancy. I felt extremely safe with my pregnancy and baby in her hands. I was able to text her and reach her very quickly and she always put me at ease. I would highly recommend her for any high risk pregnancy. I wish my obygyn had recommended an MFM sooner. My daughter and I are healthy and happy because of her.
Mary Borja – Nov 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Myriam Mondestin-Sorrentino, MD?
I had low risk pregnancy and saw MFM only for being geriatric age (39y) and very successful IVF first round. Dr Mondestin was always upfront and comforting. The baby was growing very well and I assumed that all is fine and just saw MFM because I was advised. At about 35 - 36 weeks I started nausea and vomiting episodes seemingly common for any pregnancy. Once Dr Mondestin learned about it right away she ordered my bloodwork for liver enzymes and caught an early onset of HELLP. I had no other symptoms but she insisted me to deliver and get that placenta out! At the day of delivery my bloodwork results spiked! So happy I listened to my MFM. Dr Mondestin called me on my cell at the time I was frustrated and begging to let me out the hospital so I can go with my no induction/natural birth plan! I remembered that my obgyn once said that Dr Mondestin would always reach out to you when things are getting serious no matter the time of the day! And her US are top - healthy 8lbs baby girl :)
J. N. – Aug 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Myriam Mondestin-Sorrentino, MD?
I went with my Mother (Age 45 at the time) & she provided excellent service. Was always attentive and always discussed all and every situation about the different outcomes for the baby. She made an appointment for us to consult with another specialist so that we were well informed proceeding forward with the pregnancy. Thankfully, she made this process comfortable and easy. We now have a new beautiful member in the family who is healthy!
Lourdes – Jul 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Myriam Mondestin-Sorrentino, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Mondestin since suffering a late miscarriage in 2018. Though my current pregnancy is low risk, she has provided me with tremendous support, knowledge, and guidance. Dr. Mondestin has completed each of my ultrasounds which is so reassuring knowing that someone with tremendous experience is able to administer and read the information on the spot vs waiting for a report or for the dr to call. I highly recommend PPI for your pregnancy. I’m happy to have had Dr. Mondestin as a huge part of my life and my pregnancy.
Jul 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Myriam Mondestin-Sorrentino, MD?
Dr. Mondestin went above and beyond throughout every aspect of my pregnancy. She has amazing bedside manner, follows up with her patients routinely, and genuinely cares.Her office is clean and comforting, and her office staff is friendly and accommodating. I was so fortunate to have such an amazing doctor who ensured we had a positive experience and a healthy, beautiful baby boy!
Melissa G. – Jul 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Myriam Mondestin-Sorrentino, MD?
Terrible. This doctor has ulterior motives for treatment. She has a clinic that has 'weightloss management services' and wants to funnel people to that service. She saw me solely as a consultant for an ultrasound at 32 weeks, i had no choice to see her it was in a hospital setting. She came unprepared to the consult, had no knowledge of my case or history despite holding my chart. She could not offer any medical advice related to the ultrasound results, other then to stick my finger into my own vagina to check myself if i am dilated (what??). Then she launched into a tirade on my BMI and weight, at this point I've been in the hospital for a month on bedrest with the ability to do 0 physical activity. In fact i had been on bedrest since week 14. She then proceeded to lecture me about my pre-pregnancy BMI and weight, despite knowing that i had just had a baby 8 months prior to becoming pregnant again. That did not matter to her. I should have been able to get to my pre-pregnacy weight.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Pregnancy weight shamer – Jun 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Myriam Mondestin-Sorrentino, MD?
My pregnancy is high-risk due to a prior surgery and I am grateful I crossed paths with Dr. Myriam. The sonogram experience was extremely thorough, she looked at the baby through a vaginal procedure and the normal abdominal ultrasound. Afterwards we had a consultation with recommendations offered about my travel schedule and working arrangements. Then Dr. Myriam personally called one of her colleagues to schedule me an appointment for the very next day.
Jan 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Myriam Mondestin-Sorrentino, MD?
Words cannot describe Dr.Mondestin and her team of staff.Since the beginning of my wife pregnancy,they have shown us compassion, caring and knowledgeable about what they do.Her counselling at the most difficult times about the whole process,her time and everything devoted to us.A great Dr.ever seen so far.I will recommend Dr. Mondestin to my other family members and friends.
Mr.&Mrs.Boadi in Ewing, NJ – Nov 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Myriam Mondestin-Sorrentino, MD?
Dr Mondestin is the BEST. She is always on time, passionate, and dedicated. She goes above and beyond what any doctor I have ever seen does. I am no longer a patient as I have delivered by baby and I still get calls from her office checking in on me and the baby.
Jenna – Oct 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Myriam Mondestin-Sorrentino, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Mondestin and her staff if you have a high risk pregnancy. They’re compassionate and will answer any questions or concerns you may have.
Stacey H. in New Egypt, NJ – Oct 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Myriam Mondestin-Sorrentino, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Mondestin-Sorrentino?

• Maternal-Fetal Medicine