Dr. Myriam Mondestin-Sorrentino, MD

Maternal-Fetal Medicine •  Female • Age 51

25 Reviews
Dr. Mondestin-Sorrentino
3131 Princeton Pike Lawrenceville, NJ 08648

Dr. Myriam Mondestin-Sorrentino, MD is a maternal-fetal medicine specialist in Lawrenceville, NJ and has been practicing for 20 years. She graduated from Drexel University College of Medicine and specializes in maternal-fetal medicine and obstetrics & gynecology.

• Hospital satisfaction Patients said they were highly satisfied at this doctor's hospital. See hospitals
  • Practices at top hospital Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Mondestin-Sorrentino accepts

Dr. Mondestin-Sorrentino accepts the following insurance:

Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
Oxford Health Plans
Freedom Plan
Oxford Liberty

No malpractice claims found for New Jersey

Check Dr. Mondestin-Sorrentino's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Mondestin-Sorrentino's Top Procedures and Conditions

High Risk Pregnancy

Dr. Mondestin-Sorrentino treats High Risk Pregnancy more than 98% of her peers

Dr. Mondestin-Sorrentino treats this condition more than 98% of her peers

Pregnancy Ultrasound

Dr. Mondestin-Sorrentino performs Pregnancy Ultrasound more than 96% of her peers

Dr. Mondestin-Sorrentino performs this procedure more than 96% of her peers

• 3D Ultrasound
  • Abdominal Disorders
  • Advanced Fetal Ultrasound
  • Amniocentesis
  • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
  • Bleeding Disorders
  • Blood Disorders
  • Blood Disorders in Pregnancy
  • Cervical Cerclage
  • Cervical Polyps
  • Coagulation Defects in Pregnancy and Postpartum
  • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
  • C-Section
  • Preeclampsia
  • Pregestational Diabetes Mellitus
  • Pregnancy Ultrasound
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Primary Hypercoagulable State (incl. Factor V Leiden Disease)
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sickle Cell Disease
  • Uterine Diseases
  • Uterine Fibroids
  • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
  • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC
  • Venous Thrombosis and Phlebitis in Pregnancy

Dr. Mondestin-Sorrentino's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Mondestin-Sorrentino

4.5

Dr. Mondestin-Sorrentino?
Dr. Mondestin-Sorrentino's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Myriam Mondestin-Sorrentino, MD
I started seeing Dr. Mondestin at 24 weeks of my pregnancy due to being high risk. I work in the healthcare field and have never experienced the care and time she took with each appointment. Dr Mondestin was always on time and accommodating. She took her time to explain procedures and diagnosis throughout my pregnancy. I felt extremely safe with my pregnancy and baby in her hands. I was able to text her and reach her very quickly and she always put me at ease. I would highly recommend her for any high risk pregnancy. I wish my obygyn had recommended an MFM sooner. My daughter and I are healthy and happy because of her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Myriam Mondestin-Sorrentino, MD?
I had low risk pregnancy and saw MFM only for being geriatric age (39y) and very successful IVF first round. Dr Mondestin was always upfront and comforting. The baby was growing very well and I assumed that all is fine and just saw MFM because I was advised. At about 35 - 36 weeks I started nausea and vomiting episodes seemingly common for any pregnancy. Once Dr Mondestin learned about it right away she ordered my bloodwork for liver enzymes and caught an early onset of HELLP. I had no other symptoms but she insisted me to deliver and get that placenta out! At the day of delivery my bloodwork results spiked! So happy I listened to my MFM. Dr Mondestin called me on my cell at the time I was frustrated and begging to let me out the hospital so I can go with my no induction/natural birth plan! I remembered that my obgyn once said that Dr Mondestin would always reach out to you when things are getting serious no matter the time of the day! And her US are top - healthy 8lbs baby girl :)
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Myriam Mondestin-Sorrentino, MD?
I went with my Mother (Age 45 at the time) & she provided excellent service. Was always attentive and always discussed all and every situation about the different outcomes for the baby. She made an appointment for us to consult with another specialist so that we were well informed proceeding forward with the pregnancy. Thankfully, she made this process comfortable and easy. We now have a new beautiful member in the family who is healthy!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Myriam Mondestin-Sorrentino, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Mondestin since suffering a late miscarriage in 2018. Though my current pregnancy is low risk, she has provided me with tremendous support, knowledge, and guidance. Dr. Mondestin has completed each of my ultrasounds which is so reassuring knowing that someone with tremendous experience is able to administer and read the information on the spot vs waiting for a report or for the dr to call. I highly recommend PPI for your pregnancy. I’m happy to have had Dr. Mondestin as a huge part of my life and my pregnancy.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Myriam Mondestin-Sorrentino, MD?
Dr. Mondestin went above and beyond throughout every aspect of my pregnancy. She has amazing bedside manner, follows up with her patients routinely, and genuinely cares.Her office is clean and comforting, and her office staff is friendly and accommodating. I was so fortunate to have such an amazing doctor who ensured we had a positive experience and a healthy, beautiful baby boy!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Myriam Mondestin-Sorrentino, MD?
Terrible. This doctor has ulterior motives for treatment. She has a clinic that has 'weightloss management services' and wants to funnel people to that service. She saw me solely as a consultant for an ultrasound at 32 weeks, i had no choice to see her it was in a hospital setting. She came unprepared to the consult, had no knowledge of my case or history despite holding my chart. She could not offer any medical advice related to the ultrasound results, other then to stick my finger into my own vagina to check myself if i am dilated (what??). Then she launched into a tirade on my BMI and weight, at this point I've been in the hospital for a month on bedrest with the ability to do 0 physical activity. In fact i had been on bedrest since week 14. She then proceeded to lecture me about my pre-pregnancy BMI and weight, despite knowing that i had just had a baby 8 months prior to becoming pregnant again. That did not matter to her. I should have been able to get to my pre-pregnacy weight.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Myriam Mondestin-Sorrentino, MD?
My pregnancy is high-risk due to a prior surgery and I am grateful I crossed paths with Dr. Myriam. The sonogram experience was extremely thorough, she looked at the baby through a vaginal procedure and the normal abdominal ultrasound. Afterwards we had a consultation with recommendations offered about my travel schedule and working arrangements. Then Dr. Myriam personally called one of her colleagues to schedule me an appointment for the very next day.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Myriam Mondestin-Sorrentino, MD?
Words cannot describe Dr.Mondestin and her team of staff.Since the beginning of my wife pregnancy,they have shown us compassion, caring and knowledgeable about what they do.Her counselling at the most difficult times about the whole process,her time and everything devoted to us.A great Dr.ever seen so far.I will recommend Dr. Mondestin to my other family members and friends.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Myriam Mondestin-Sorrentino, MD?
Dr Mondestin is the BEST. She is always on time, passionate, and dedicated. She goes above and beyond what any doctor I have ever seen does. I am no longer a patient as I have delivered by baby and I still get calls from her office checking in on me and the baby.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Myriam Mondestin-Sorrentino, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Mondestin and her staff if you have a high risk pregnancy. They’re compassionate and will answer any questions or concerns you may have.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Myriam Mondestin-Sorrentino, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Mondestin-Sorrentino?

• Maternal-Fetal Medicine

St Luke's Roosevelt Hosp Ctr/ColumbiaP

• Creole
  • French

• Sat: 8:00am - 12:00pm

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Mondestin-Sorrentino treats patients.

78% Patient experience rating, 9% higher than the national average

• Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ (2018)

Pennsylvania Hospital