Dr. My Hanh Nguyen, MD

Dr. My Hanh Nguyen, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Female
Dr. My Hanh Nguyen, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Orlando, FL. She has been practicing for 14 years.

7975 Lake Underhill Rd Ste 140

Orlando, FL 32822

• Argus Insurance
  • AvMed
  • EyeMed Vision Care

Learn about Dr. Nguyen

See how frequently Dr. Nguyen performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Pterygium
Pinguecula
Glaucoma

Dr. Nguyen's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Ophthalmology

Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2008

• University of Florida College of Medicine Research Award, 2003
  • Highest Achievement Score on the OKAP, 2006
  • America's Top Ophthalmologists, 2009, 2011
  • University of Florida Spring Outstanding Graduating Undergraduate Female Leader Award, 1999
  • Golden Key Scholar International Award, 2000
  • Best Presentation Undergraduate Research Conference, 1999
  • Cambridge Who's Who Registry Among Executives and Professionals, 2011
  • Who's Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges, 2000
  • Knox Millsaps Award for Best Technical Paper, 1999
  • NEOS Scientific Poster Award, 2006
  • University of Florida Hall of Fame, 2000

• Vietnamese

Dr. Nguyen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Nguyen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Nguyen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Nguyen to family and friends
Dr. Nguyen's Performance
in Kissimmee, FL |
I was referred to Dr. Nguyen for surgery in both eyes due to cataracts. Although technology has advanced with laser I opted to have the cataracts removed and new lenses placed by Dr. Nguyen. Needless to say I was extremely nervous but her kindness and compassion got me through the procedure with ease and comfort with very little discomfort. The medical staff that assisted her showed the same compassion.. I HIGHLY recommend anyone with vision issues to see Dr. Nguyen. She is best in her field!
in Orlando, FL |
I have been seeing Dr. Nguyen for 6-7 years. Before seeing her I was legally blind in my left eye, cataracts, elevated pressure in my right eye, and a bad astigmatism in both eyes. After cataract surgery and toric implants in both eyes, my vision is currently 20/20 or better. I renewed my driver's license 1-24-17 and now possess a license without any restrictions, due to my eyesight, for the first time in my life. It would be exceptionally hard to complain about that. Love my doctor!
in Orlando, FL |
She is very nice and she did an excellent job with my cataract surgery. She and her staff are wonderful people. They made me feel very at ease and comfortable.
in orlando, fl |
No problems from start to finish. Dr. Nguyen is the best. Office staff can't be beat. Happy! Happy! Happy! I can see now.
in Maryville, TN |
It has been over a year since my cataract surgery, and my distance vision remains at 20/20! When Dr. Nguyen called after measurements and said that the surgery would likely correct most of my astigmatism, I was amazed. She answered all my questions, even asked me a few that helped in the process and was pleasant and professional at all appointments. I went from glasses since a teen up to max correction then after surgery no glasses except for reading! Thanks for restoring my sight!
in Orlando, FL |
Dr. Nguyen is a consummate professional. I highly recommend her if you are considering LASIK. I chose to have Dr. Nguyen perform the Monovision LASIK procedure and could not be happier with the outcome. The procedure went precisely as she described and the healing process was rapid.
in Orlando, FL |
Dr.Nguyen is professional and very skilled.I had cataract surgery on my right eye in September 2016. I now have clear vision . I would not hesitate recommending Dr.Nguyen.
in Orlando, FL |
Dr. Nguyen is, IMHO, the best possible choice you can make for cataract surgery. I am more than satisfied with her work. She performed cataract surgery on both of my eyes, so I speak from personal experience. I have already recommended her to my son as he also needs surgical eye care (non cataract.) Roy R
in Orlando, FL |
Dr. Nguyen is an excellent and very personable eye surgeon and is very talented in her profession. She made a stressful experience very positive. She is very patient, explains the procedure in detail and you can tell she cares about your concerns. I would highly recommend Dr. Nguyen for anyone needing eye surgery, you will be happy with your choice.
Orlando, FL |
Dr. Nguyen is very professional, kind and courteous. Would recommend here skilled hands to anyone. Thank you for giving my eyesight back to me.
in Kissimmee, FL |
Fast Friendly Office Staff....Very Helpful ....Met all of my needs.... Dr. Nguyen did a wonderful job on my eyes... Its just amazing... Jessy was simply wonderful in the scheduling dept with my time frame and all of my needs.... This office has an amazing staff....Thank You
in Orlando, FL |
I have been a patient of Dr. My Hanh Nguyen for two years and she is the best. I saw her for blurry vision in March, 2016 and was diagnosed with cataracts in both eyes. She is very knowledgeable and patient and answered all of my questions before the surgery. I have since had the surgery on both eyes and am now enjoying clear vision with vivid colors and sharp focus. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. My Hanh Nguyen for any eye problems.
in Winter Park, FL |
Very knowledgeable,caring and successfully treated my condition
in Orlando fl |
Dr. Nguyen is a very personable, very good at what she does. She makes you feel very comfortable, and takes time in explaining things. She even call me at home before my cataract surgery. I would recommend her.
in Longwood, FL |
I have been a patient of Dr. Nguyen for three years. She performed laser cataract surgery on my right eye in March 2016. The surgery went great and my vision is now 20/20. Dr. Nguyen also corrected my stigmatism. I had an excellent experience with Dr. Nguyen and recommend her highly. Her professionalism and caring are top notch.
in Orlando, FL |
She is compassionate, very patient, and comforting. And above it all, she is the best eye surgeon I know. She literally saved me from blindness on my left eye. I know many patients who can travel from 2-3 hours away to see her because of how good she is.
in Kissimmee, FL |
In my opinion Dr. My Hanh T. Nguyen is the best Ophthalmologist that I have had after being a patient of two other doctors. I never feel rushed or unimportant during my appointments. She takes the time to explain everything in language that is understandable. I had cataracts removed from both eyes and now see without glasses for reading or distance. The results were exactly as she explained. I think she is a great doctor and highly recommend her.
in Orlando, FL |
I found Dr. Nguyen's online profile after researching many eye doctors in the Orlando area. With an engineering degree from the University of Florida, followed by UF Med School, I figured I would be in great hands. I called her office and set an appointment. Almost three years after my surgery, I could not be happier with the results. On top of that, she is a really kind person who takes a few extra minutes during each checkup to catch up with her clients. I highly recommend her.
in Altamonte Springs, FL |
Over the years whether through required surgical procedures or routinely scheduled eye appointments, Dr. Nguyen has always provided focused intentional care in the management of my vision. She is always interested in my questions, informative in her responses and helpful in providing suggestions to care for my sight.
Have you seen Dr. My Hanh Nguyen, MD?
Are you Dr. Nguyen?