Dr. Muthusamy Velusamy, MD

Dr. Muthusamy Velusamy, MD

CardiologyMale

Cardiology

Dr. Muthusamy Velusamy, MD is a Cardiology Specialist in Tampa, FL. Dr. Velusamy has extensive experience in Interventional Cardiac Procedures, Heart Conditions, and Cardiac Electrical System Procedures. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as HCA Florida South Tampa Hospital and HCA Florida Bayonet Point Hospital. His office is not accepting new patients.

Office Hours

Citrus Park Office6328 Gunn Hwy Ste C Tampa, FL 33625
    • Sat: closed

Cardiovascular Institute of America

Cardiovascular Institute of America17929 Hunting Bow Cir Ste 102 Lutz, FL 33558

• Practices at Top Hospital Coronary Intervention Excellence Award™ See hospitals
  • Recent Reviews Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews

Dr. Velusamy's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Velusamy

LOVE Dr. Velusamy and ALL STAFF
Dr. Velusamy was able to get my mom in quickly to have a pacemaker after she experienced major delays in appropriate care at another cardiology office. Her QUALITY OF LIFE was dramatically improved! He listened to her and helped her to meet her goals quickly. We are forever thankful. One more note: Office is easy to get ahold of and all office staff are accommodating with appointments which is super helpful with navigating healthcare for mom, dad, and grandma!
Diana L Donofrio, RN – May 22, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Muthusamy Velusamy, MD?
Takes his time and care about you as a person
I recently went to Dr. Velusamy for a blood clot in my right leg. The clot was removed but the leg was still swollen. Dr. V went over my meds and prescribed a sequential compression device. LymphCare the medical company came out to the house a week later and show me how to use the device and how to use the device during the therapy session. Been using the device for the last four weeks and the leg is doing great. Swelling has gone considerable and no pain when I walk. Back to playing golf. Dr. V and LymphCare took care of my needs and feeling great.
Rick – May 02, 2022
Rick, I am glad to hear that you are doing well....Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Muthusamy Velusamy, MD?
Went for a pre clearance check for my upcoming right knee surgery. 1. When I first called and told his office my surgery date (one month away), they fit me in immediately. 2. Dr. was very thorough, good mannered, and explained things thoroughly in simple language. 3. Dr explained the risks of the knee surgery based on my EKG. 4. Additional testing follow up required before surgery and he was able to schedule the work. 5. His office is sending my primary dr office visit notes and is following up on authorization for next visit - something I usually have to chase doctors to do. I was extremely happy with my visit and wish more doctors were like he and his office staff. I highly recommend him.
Eileen Cronin – Dec 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Muthusamy Velusamy, MD?
Had 6 month exam today. Dr Velusamy is very knowledgeable and thorough. Completely trust his judgment and care.
R Swilley – Dec 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Muthusamy Velusamy, MD?
Dr Velusemy was covering for my normal cardiologist when I entered the emergency room at St.Joseph north. I was put on heparin and nitroglycerin immediately. Early the next morning I went into the Cath lab and he found and corrected a blocked artery with two stents, my recover was great and I feel better now than I have for years. He was friendly and though, could not have asked for better service. He is perminantly in my cell phone.
Glenn C. – Nov 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Muthusamy Velusamy, MD?
We were referred to Dr. Velusamy by another Dr at an urgent request. Dr Velusamy and staff accommodated us promptly. We highly recommend him, he was courteous, professional and had a sense of urgency to match the circumstances. Very proficient in his specialty
Rose G. – Sep 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Muthusamy Velusamy, MD?
Dr. Velusamy is a great dr. I have had issues with my legs for years with swelling and pain so bad that I couldn't walk without pain . After he fixed the issues I'm back to fishing and hiking and doing things I thought I wouldn't do again . He and his staff are remarkable people and very professional. I highly recommend dr. V and cardio vascular institute. Dont wait for years like I did.
Terry comer – Aug 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Muthusamy Velusamy, MD?
What can I say about the best Cardiologist office in town. I love his staff and Admisitrator. They are very patient, have empathy and make me smile on my bad days. Dr. Velsaumy has performed EVLT procedures on both my legs. The outcome is amzing. I dont use my cane anymore. Have no pain and feel brandnew. He is a Cardiologist that knows what he is doing. This is my safe haven!!! Great job!!!!
Liz Urena – Jul 17, 2021
Dr. Velusamy's Reply –
Liz, Thank you for the review
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Muthusamy Velusamy, MD?
I have been seeing Dr Velusamy for approximately 4 months. I selected him to replace another doctor based on reputation, and my initial appointment. He is clearly concerned with his patients' overall well being, not just with respect to cardiology. Specifically, Dr. Velusamy is very frank, but kind, in his discussions. He gave me very clear recommendations to improve my cardiac and general health. The causes (overweight, poor diet, lack of exercise) were highlighted during our discussions and he supported behavioral modification rather than pharmaceutical intervention as a first course of action. It has worked as he predicted. My cardiological health is greatly improved with a remarkable improvement in my general health as well. After initial success he has recommended additional sensible lifestyle changes. The staff are very professional and friendly, the office is clean, accommodating and easily accessible, with ample parking and convenient to Veterans Highway.
RVH – Jul 04, 2021
Thank you very much!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Muthusamy Velusamy, MD?
Dr Velusamy takes care of my mother. I really like him. He has a great sense of humor but is seriously attentive to her needs. Wonderful, genuine man.
Nancey Gorecki – May 18, 2021
Thank you Nancey!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Muthusamy Velusamy, MD?
It is easy to see that Dr. Velusamy is a brilliant dedicated and very caring doctor, after all isn’t this what every patient looks for, a smart Doctor that takes personal interest in his patients. We almost lost my mother after she suffered cardiac arrest under the care of another doctor who did not show the same concern and dedication, we switched to Dr Vulusamy and thank God we did!!! Mom is doing wonderful under Dr Vulasamy and is coming up on 2 years with no complications. Thank you Dr. Vulasamy
Apr 16, 2021
Thank you for sharing!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Muthusamy Velusamy, MD?
I've been seeing Dr. Velusamy for a few years, he diagnosed a serious heart problem I had. He's an intelligent man with vast cardiovascular knowledge. Just recently I had him perform vascular Lazar surgery on a few veins in my legs. This surgery really helped re-strengthen my legs, before this procedure I had trouble standing up from a kneeling or sitting position and walking or running was difficult too. Well now things have changed, because of this surgery.
T. Duff – Apr 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Muthusamy Velusamy, MD?
My exprience with Dr. Velusamy and his staff is very positive. I saw Dr. Velusamy during a hospital stay and in his office. Dr. Velusamy is very thorough and answers all my questions. Recently I called his office with a medication question. His office staff (Cynthia) was very nice and made a note of my question. I received a call back within the hour with an answer. I know I can't expect to get answers that quickly all the time, but it's good to know that they will anwer questions promptly when they can. I recommend Velusamy.
Glenn J Gullo – Apr 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Muthusamy Velusamy, MD?
YES I WILL HIGHLY RECOMMEND DR VELUSWAMY TO MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS HAS THE BEST KNOWLEDGE AND THE BEST ATTITUDE TOWARDS HIS PATIENT'S
Apr 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Muthusamy Velusamy, MD?
Dr. Velusamy was very supportive, professional and helpful. Saw me on time and spent as much time as needed to understand my problem, make an appropriate diagnosis, and make treatment recommendations in addition to further testing. I will continue to see him for treatment and follow-up.
R Bob Smith III – Mar 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Muthusamy Velusamy, MD?
I took my father to Dr. Velusamy for transfer of care from NJ for his CHF. Upon first meeting Dr. V. , I knew that my father was in good hands. Dr V was extremely caring and thorough and wanted to do a very clear evaluation. We let him know that my dad wanted to pursue getting a much overdue hip replacement. Now after several visits and some revisions in medication along with treatment for his edema , he has made significant and dramatic improvement in every way. He has never gotten the kind of genuinely attentive and swift care as he has with Dr V. Could not be more pleased and so glad that I was referred to him by a friend! Office staff is also terrific!!
Mar 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Muthusamy Velusamy, MD?
I must echo all other reviews and add that I'm beyond thankful I found Dr. Velusamy's office. I have only been in Tampa for a couple of years and have had two bad experiences so far. My experience with him and his staff was a breath of fresh air. They are cordial, friendly, understanding, professional, and provide prompt and attentive service. When I met Dr. Velusamy, it all made sense. His staff follows his leadership. He is very friendly and attentive. He does not only listens to your concern, but it's very detailed with his notes and the patient's health follow-up process. This is the first time, I felt like if something was wrong with me, I would have hope it is something Dr. Velusamy could address. I definitely recommend them!
Marleny – Feb 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Muthusamy Velusamy, MD?
feel comfortable as a patient
  • Didn't explain conditions well
patricia a capitano – Jan 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Muthusamy Velusamy, MD?
Dr. Velusamy does not mess around !!! He get all the tests completed quickly for a correct diagnosis. His office ladies are all delightful and kind. The ultrasound gentleman was very patient. The Nuclear Stress test team Bud and Dan were totally awesome knowing how scared I was.
Jan 10, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Muthusamy Velusamy, MD?
I went in the office and was so scared and the office staff was nice very nice to me made me feel comfortable about my situation. The doctor was very nice also made me feel much better very honest with me I love the office and I would recommend it to anyone fast appointments fast service clean office
Monee – Dec 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Muthusamy Velusamy, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Velusamy?

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Frequently Treated by Dr. Velusamy

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Velusamy treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Velusamy treats other conditions, please contact the office at (813) 610-9510.

Interventional Cardiac Procedures

Interventional cardiologists specialize in catheter-based treatment of heart diseases through procedures such as cardiac catheterization, impella devices, and stent placement.Compare with other Interventional Cardiac Procedures specialists.

Dr. Velusamy is experienced in the area of Interventional Cardiac Procedures. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 7 conditions and procedures

Similar Providers
Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
Peripheral Artery Catheterization
Coronary Angioplasty, Atherectomy and Stent

Heart Conditions

Compare with other Heart Conditions specialists.

Dr. Velusamy is experienced in the area of Heart Conditions. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 34 conditions and procedures

Heart Disease
Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
Venous Hypertension

Cardiac Electrical System Procedures

Electrophysiologists monitor, diagnose and treat abnormal heart rhythms through procedures such as electrocardiograms (EKGs) and pacemaker insertionsCompare with other Cardiac Electrical System Procedures specialists.

Dr. Velusamy is experienced in the area of Cardiac Electrical System Procedures. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 4 conditions and procedures

• Atrial Fibrillation
  • Atrial Flutter
  • Atrial Septal Defect
  • Automatic Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD) Implantation
  • Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac Imaging
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Chest Pain
  • Chest Pain Evaluation
  • Cholesterol Screening
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Congenital Aortic Valve Disorders
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Angiogram
  • Coronary Angioplasty, Atherectomy and Stent
  • Coronary Artery Aneurysm
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Coronary Artery Dissection
  • Dobutamine Thallium Stress Test
  • Echocardiography
  • Electrocardiogram (EKG)
  • Endocarditis
  • First Degree Heart Block
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease
  • Hypertensive Heart and Chronic Kidney Disease
  • Hypertensive Heart Disease
  • Hypotension
  • Impella Device
  • Insertion of Left Ventricular Lead for Pacemaker or Cardioverter and-or Defibrillator
  • Limb Swelling
  • Mobitz, Type 2, Heart Block
  • Non-Coronary Angioplasty, Atherectomy, and Stenting
  • Nuclear Stress Testing
  • Pacemaker Insertion or Replacement
  • Patent Foramen Ovale (PFO)
  • Pericardial Disease
  • Pericarditis
  • Peripheral Arterial Disease Screening (PAD)
  • Peripheral Artery Catheterization
  • Unstable Angina
  • Vascular Duplex Ultrasonography and Plethysmography
  • Venous Hypertension
  • Ventricular Fibrillation
  • Ventricular Tachycardia (VT)

Dr. Velusamy accepts

Dr. Velusamy accepts the following insurance:

Advantra
Preferred PPO
Select HMO
Tampa Bay CoreNet
Tampa Bay HUMx HMOx
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
Medicaid
Simply Healthcare Plans
Staywell (Wellcare)
Tricare
WellCare

I believe in and practice medicine with a philosophy of doing the right thing for my patient. I practice and promote practicing medicine with honesty,...Read more

• Cardiology