Dr. Muthusamy Velusamy, MD

Dr. Muthusamy Velusamy, MD

CardiologyMaleAge 59

Dr. Muthusamy Velusamy, MD is a Cardiology Specialist in Tampa, FL. Dr. Velusamy has more experience with Interventional Cardiac Procedures and Cardiac Electrical System Procedures than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Memorial Hospital Of Tampa and Medical Center Of Trinity. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Velusamy to book an appointment.

Cardiovascular Institute of America

Citrus Park Office6328 Gunn Hwy Ste C Tampa, FL 33625

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Velusamy is affiliated with Medical Center Of Trinity Trinity, a highly rated and top awarded hospital for cardiology.

• Practices at Top Hospital Coronary Intervention Excellence Award™ See hospitals
  • Recent Reviews Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews

Dr. Velusamy's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Velusamy

Dr. Velusamy?
It is easy to see that Dr. Velusamy is a brilliant dedicated and very caring doctor, after all isn’t this what every patient looks for, a smart Doctor that takes personal interest in his patients. We almost lost my mother after she suffered cardiac arrest under the care of another doctor who did not show the same concern and dedication, we switched to Dr Vulusamy and thank God we did!!! Mom is doing wonderful under Dr Vulasamy and is coming up on 2 years with no complications. Thank you Dr. Vulasamy
Apr 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Muthusamy Velusamy, MD?
I've been seeing Dr. Velusamy for a few years, he diagnosed a serious heart problem I had. He's an intelligent man with vast cardiovascular knowledge. Just recently I had him perform vascular Lazar surgery on a few veins in my legs. This surgery really helped re-strengthen my legs, before this procedure I had trouble standing up from a kneeling or sitting position and walking or running was difficult too. Well now things have changed, because of this surgery.
T. Duff – Apr 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Muthusamy Velusamy, MD?
My exprience with Dr. Velusamy and his staff is very positive. I saw Dr. Velusamy during a hospital stay and in his office. Dr. Velusamy is very thorough and answers all my questions. Recently I called his office with a medication question. His office staff (Cynthia) was very nice and made a note of my question. I received a call back within the hour with an answer. I know I can't expect to get answers that quickly all the time, but it's good to know that they will anwer questions promptly when they can. I recommend Velusamy.
Glenn J Gullo – Apr 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Muthusamy Velusamy, MD?
YES I WILL HIGHLY RECOMMEND DR VELUSWAMY TO MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS HAS THE BEST KNOWLEDGE AND THE BEST ATTITUDE TOWARDS HIS PATIENT'S
Apr 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Muthusamy Velusamy, MD?
Dr. Velusamy was very supportive, professional and helpful. Saw me on time and spent as much time as needed to understand my problem, make an appropriate diagnosis, and make treatment recommendations in addition to further testing. I will continue to see him for treatment and follow-up.
R Bob Smith III – Mar 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Muthusamy Velusamy, MD?
I took my father to Dr. Velusamy for transfer of care from NJ for his CHF. Upon first meeting Dr. V. , I knew that my father was in good hands. Dr V was extremely caring and thorough and wanted to do a very clear evaluation. We let him know that my dad wanted to pursue getting a much overdue hip replacement. Now after several visits and some revisions in medication along with treatment for his edema , he has made significant and dramatic improvement in every way. He has never gotten the kind of genuinely attentive and swift care as he has with Dr V. Could not be more pleased and so glad that I was referred to him by a friend! Office staff is also terrific!!
Mar 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Muthusamy Velusamy, MD?
I must echo all other reviews and add that I'm beyond thankful I found Dr. Velusamy's office. I have only been in Tampa for a couple of years and have had two bad experiences so far. My experience with him and his staff was a breath of fresh air. They are cordial, friendly, understanding, professional, and provide prompt and attentive service. When I met Dr. Velusamy, it all made sense. His staff follows his leadership. He is very friendly and attentive. He does not only listens to your concern, but it's very detailed with his notes and the patient's health follow-up process. This is the first time, I felt like if something was wrong with me, I would have hope it is something Dr. Velusamy could address. I definitely recommend them!
Marleny – Feb 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Muthusamy Velusamy, MD?
This must be the best Cardiologist in the entire world. Percise, efficient, caring, listens, takes notes, on point, got me the treatment I needed asap. Easy to make appointments. Staff is amazing. The Administrator is Excellent.. Dr. MV I could have not asked for a better human being to check my very important health issues than you. I have referred him to many friends and family members. His office is easy to find. He has very well trained Techs. I was so nervous and irritated because my health was poor but they calm me down and were so patient and caring. Very clean office. Dr. you have saved my life in so many ways. You are a blessing to the Community as well.
Liz Urena – Jan 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Muthusamy Velusamy, MD?
feel comfortable as a patient
  • Didn't explain conditions well
patricia a capitano – Jan 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Muthusamy Velusamy, MD?
Dr. Velusamy does not mess around !!! He get all the tests completed quickly for a correct diagnosis. His office ladies are all delightful and kind. The ultrasound gentleman was very patient. The Nuclear Stress test team Bud and Dan were totally awesome knowing how scared I was.
Jan 10, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Muthusamy Velusamy, MD?
I went in the office and was so scared and the office staff was nice very nice to me made me feel comfortable about my situation. The doctor was very nice also made me feel much better very honest with me I love the office and I would recommend it to anyone fast appointments fast service clean office
Monee – Dec 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Muthusamy Velusamy, MD?
I received treatment of my veins by Dr. Velusamy. Starting for the people that receive you at the entrance, which are the best, polite, educated, friendly, and bilingual/diverse. They are the best that you aspect and deserve as a patient. From 1 to 10, I will go with 10+
Raul G Mulattieri – Oct 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Muthusamy Velusamy, MD?
I've been a patient for almost a year and each time Dr. Velusamy has always been attentive to me - not rushed, listened to my questions and explained to me in easy to understand language my situation and each procedure to be taken. I feel very comfortable with Dr. Velusamy and trust his care of me.
Bienvenido Esquilin – Aug 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Muthusamy Velusamy, MD?
I went to Dr. Velusamy to understand and discuss a cardiovascular concern that was creating a lot of anxiety for me. He made me feel comfortable from his first hello. He is a good listener and explained my issue in clear and simple terms. He described his team's plan for stabilizing my problem and specific actions he wanted me to take. I slept better that night than I had in days. He and his team are consummate professionals.
Michael Cherniak – Jul 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Muthusamy Velusamy, MD?
Dr. Muthu Velusamy is very professional and thorough. He took the time to listen to my concerns and asked me questions about my condition. He gave me the most thorough cardio checkup I’ve ever had His staff is very knowledgeable and friendly I would certainly recommend him to family and friends
Jun 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Muthusamy Velusamy, MD?
He is extremely good he is great. I know my parents are in amazing hands . Very nice and really human Dr. .10+++
Clara Lopez – May 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Muthusamy Velusamy, MD?
The front office staff showed that they were very experienced and careful (COVID-19 masks, gloves). Dr V. was very professional in informing me of my health. Dr. V's Follow up was very easy to understand. I would gladly refer Dr. V. to friends if or when needed.
Daniel D – Apr 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Muthusamy Velusamy, MD?
Was more than great every time I came, showed that they were very experienced and careful when it came to informing me of my health. Follows up we’re very flexible and would refer to friends if needed.
Joseph A – Apr 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Muthusamy Velusamy, MD?
I first met Dr Velusamy at St Joseph's North Hospital Emergency where I had arrived on two separate occasions with Afib. He was involved with my care and treatment both times. There is something very genuine about him; and for the first time that I recall in my life, I had found a doctor that had given me a sense that he truly cared about me and my health. I was so impressed with his taking his time with me, his directness explaining things to me, along with the sensitivity needed when dealing with heart issues. My second visit at the hospital he did a cardioversion and TTE, and I was made to feel extremely comfortable with little to no anxiety. I recently had a visit at his office as a "new patient" and have absolutely no hesitation in choosing him to be my new cardiologist. I look forward to many more years of his service, and am extremely grateful that he came my way. You couldn't find a more wonderful doctor, and I would highly recommend him to anyone that comes my way.
Andrea Russell – Mar 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Muthusamy Velusamy, MD?
I recently had an angiogram with Dr. Velusamy at Memorial Hospital. My experience with Dr. Velusamy and his team was outstanding and professional from initial consultation through post-op. His and their professionalism and competence at this time of anxiousness for me gave me a much-needed feeling of confidence and calmness. Thanks to you all.
Mar 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Muthusamy Velusamy, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Velusamy?

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Frequently Treated by Dr. Velusamy

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Velusamy treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Velusamy treats other conditions, please contact the office at (813) 610-9510.

Interventional Cardiac Procedures

Interventional cardiologists specialize in catheter-based treatment of heart diseases through procedures such as cardiac catheterization, impella devices, and stent placement.Compare with other Interventional Cardiac Procedures specialists.

Dr. Velusamy is experienced in the area of Interventional Cardiac Procedures. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 7 conditions and procedures

Treatments
Dr. Velusamy
Similar Providers
Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
Peripheral Artery Catheterization
Coronary Angioplasty, Atherectomy and Stent
Normal
High
Very High

Cardiac Electrical System Procedures

Electrophysiologists monitor, diagnose and treat abnormal heart rhythms through procedures such as electrocardiograms (EKGs) and pacemaker insertionsCompare with other Cardiac Electrical System Procedures specialists.

Dr. Velusamy is experienced in the area of Cardiac Electrical System Procedures. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 4 conditions and procedures

• Atrial Fibrillation
  • Atrial Flutter
  • Atrial Septal Defect
  • Automatic Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD) Implantation
  • Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac Imaging
  • Cardioversion, Elective
  • Cardioverter-Defibrillator or Pacemaker Insertion, Removal or Repair
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Congenital Aortic Valve Disorders
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Angioplasty, Atherectomy and Stent
  • Coronary Artery Aneurysm
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Coronary Artery Dissection
  • Electrocardiogram (EKG)
  • Endocarditis
  • First Degree Heart Block
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease
  • Heart Murmur
  • Heart Palpitations
  • Hypertensive Chronic Kidney Disease
  • Hypertensive Heart and Chronic Kidney Disease
  • Hypertensive Heart Disease
  • Hypotension
  • Impella Device
  • Insertion of Left Ventricular Lead for Pacemaker or Cardioverter and-or Defibrillator
  • Limb Swelling
  • Mitral Valve Stenosis
  • Mobitz, Type 2, Heart Block
  • Non-Coronary Angioplasty, Atherectomy, and Stenting
  • Pacemaker Insertion or Replacement
  • Patent Foramen Ovale (PFO)
  • Pericardial Disease
  • Unstable Angina
  • Vascular Duplex Ultrasonography and Plethysmography
  • Venous Hypertension
  • Ventricular Fibrillation
  • Ventricular Tachycardia (VT)

Dr. Velusamy accepts

Dr. Velusamy accepts the following insurance:

Advantra
Preferred PPO
Select HMO
Tampa Bay CoreNet
Tampa Bay HUMx HMOx
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
Medicaid
Simply Healthcare Plans
Staywell (Wellcare)
Tricare
WellCare

I believe in and practice medicine with a philosophy of doing the right thing for my patient. I practice and promote practicing medicine with honesty,...Read more

• Cardiology