Dr. Muthusamy Velusamy, MD

Dr. Muthusamy Velusamy, MD

Cardiology  |

Dr. Muthusamy Velusamy, MD is a cardiology doctor who practices in Tampa, FL. He is 55 years old and has been practicing for 32 years. Dr. Velusamy is affiliated with Tampa Community Hospital, Morton Plant North Bay Hospital, Medical Center of Trinity and Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point.

Cardiovascular Institute of America

• Simply Healthcare Plans
  • Staywell (Wellcare)
  • WellCare

Learn about Dr. Velusamy

I believe in and practice medicine with a philosophy of doing the right thing for my patient. I practice and promote practicing medicine with honesty, integrity and respect to patients and colleagues; paying attention to detail and perseverance to succeed.

Dr. Velusamy's Experience

Dr. Velusamy's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Cardiology

• Cardiovascular Disease
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*
  • Interventional Cardiology
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

• Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA)
  • Acute Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Acute Venous Embolism Thrombosis
  • Cardiomegaly
  • Cardiomyopathy
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Congenital Aortic Valve Disorders
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Coronary Artery Dissection
  • Endocarditis
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease
  • Vein Diseases
  • Venous Insufficiency
  • Venous Reflux

• Aortic Valve Surgery
  • Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac Imaging
  • Impella Device
  • Implantable Loop Recorder
  • Inferior Vena Cava Filter
  • Insertion of Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump
  • Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump (IABP)
  • Mitral Valve Surgery
  • Peripheral Artery Catheterization
  • Stress Echocardiogram
  • Thrombolysis
  • Tilt Testing or Cardiac Event Monitors
  • Transesophageal Echocardiography (TEE)
  • Vascular Duplex Ultrasonography and Plethysmography

• Prairie Heart Institute
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2014
  • University of Arkansas For Medical Sciences
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1996
  • The Rane Center For Venous & Lymphatic Diseases. Clinical Preceptorship.December 2015-January 2016
    Other Education | Completed 2016

Dr. Velusamy has no media or publications listed.

• Tamil

Dr. Velusamy does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Velusamy and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Velusamy's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Velusamy to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Velusamy's Performance
in Tampa, FL |
Dr V is very knowledgeable and was able to find the problems I was having with my heart. I now live a much healthier life. Awesome doctor!
Boca Raton, FL |
Doctor is never on time. I understand his time is valuable but so is mine. I can't continue taking the whole day off to take my mother to her appointment every time. I understand some waiting but waiting hours to see him is not worth a rushed visit once he actually shows up from the hospital. Will be switching cardiologist asap
We are sorry and we understand your frustration with what may have been a delay in seeing you. At times such a delay is because he had to spend more time than anticipated with a prior patient in an effort to effectively care for them. On others it is because he is called away to handle an emergency that is often a life or death situation. It is just the nature of his profession as an interventional cardiologist and vascular specialist. But you are always welcome to communicate your urgency.
If you like a disorganized office and waiting for two hours to see the doctor then this is your guy. There is constant turnover of employees in the office which is never a good sign. I have had appointments re-scheduled multiple times and when a time is finally set then I am left waiting for hours. This is not an isolated incident. This has happened multiple times and is very unprofessional.
Thank you for you feedback. We see even negative reviews as an opportunity to either get better at, or educate patients about, what we do. It is true that on some rare occasions Dr. Velusamy is running behind because of an emergency in the hospital.As to your comment about turnover, we have had employees that have been with us for short periods of time because they either didn't work out, or we were participating with their Academies as a clinical setting for them to obtain training.
in Tampa, FL |
Compassionate very meticulous personalized care. Very impressed with entire staff as well.
in New Port Richey, FL |
I would highly recommend Dr. Velusamy. I am extremely satisfied with the services he has provided me He is very knowledgeable and made me feel comfortable during the process leading to and even after my procedure.
Tampa, FL |
Dr Velusamy was very kind to me and took the time to listen to the things I was experiencing. He also helped ease my mind and let me know everything was going to be ok.
in New Port Richey, FL |
Dr. Velusamy has been wonderful. He has been careful to explain everything to me as we went along in my diagnosis and care. He is extremely knowledgeable and always has the answer to my question. When it came time for him to do a heart catheterization, I had no hesitation because I had developed complete confidence in him. This confidence was completely justified as the procedure was done painlessly and he explained his findings to me afterwards in understandable terms. A real "patient's Doctor
in Weeki Wachee FL |
Dr. Velusamy is thorough, compassionate and knowledgeable in his field. His bed-side manner is excellent and it is obvious he truly cares for his patient's well-being and health.
in Tampa, FL |
I went in to Dr. Velusamy and was very upfront about the fact that I could only see him if he was in-network for my provider. He was not but was working on becoming so and assured me I would't be charged for the visit. Afterwards I was sent a first bill which I ignored, then a collection notice so I finally mailed a check to avoid a credit impact. I then called and he told me I would be refunded, never was, and his employees have seemingly no idea what's going on. I won't visit him again.
We completed the credentialing process with this patient's insurance company and submitted a claim for his visit. He had a deductible which he refused to pay because he believed we were not going to charge for the visit. Nevertheless, we refunded this patient's payment (the check was cashed) and apologized for the inconvenience caused.
Tampa, FL |
Dr. Velusamy is one of the best doctors i have seen. He truly cares for the well being of his patients and wants to help them also. Would recommend to anyone
in Citrus Park, Fl |
****WARNING*****He will accept your insurance carrier with no problems and will treat you as many times as he can.....He will sign you up for outside test that your insurance carrier will not cover.....You will be responsible for full charges......I would never recommend this guy to any of my friends or family. He is a professional and he should not treat you if your insurance does not cover you period
Being a relatively new practice, presumably, at the time of this patient's visit we may not have been in network with this patient's insurance. In such cases we informed all patients and only provided care to those who still sought it. Moreover, we have a self pay policy so a patient would never be responsible for "full charges." Accordingly, we dispute some of the assertions in this review. In any event, we have now completed the credentialing process and are in network with most area plans.
in Tampa, FL |
I WENT TO DR. VELUSAMY'S OFFICE FOR A PRE-SURGERY CARDIAC CLEARANCE. HIS OFFICE STAFF WERE EXCEPTIONALLY FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL IN HELPING ME SETTLE IN AND ANSWERING SOME OF MY QUESTIONS. I SUBSEQUENTLY MET DR. VELUSAMY. IT WAS VERY COMFORTABLE TALKING TO HIM AND HE PUT ME AT EASE IMMEDIATELY. HE SEEMED TO BE VERY THOROUGH ASKING QUESTIONS AND WAS VERY WELCOMING IN ANSWERING MY QUESTIONS. HIS EXPLANATIONS WERE CONCISE AND EASY TO UNDERSTAND. IN GENERAL, MY EXPERIENCE WAS VERY NICE.
in Tampa, FL |
Dr. Velusamy was the doctor that was called in when my mother had a heart attack and needed immediate care. Dr. Velusamy never made us question any decisions he made in getting her healthy again. He calmed her fears with compassion and professionalism. My mother always has lots of questions and he is patient in explaining the answers. His staff is friendly, professional, and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend him to anyone.
in Tampa, FL |
I highly recommend the doctor for Cardiology. He is very patient and answered every question to the fullest. The medical assistant was prompt and patient with all of my needs. The office was very neat, clean, quaint, and relaxing.
in Tampa, FL |
HIghly professional yet very down to earth and friendly. He has a sense of humor which is everything to me. He explained what was going to happen during the procedure and afterward, ensured I had no more questions left. I can now proceed without any anxiety or worry. His support staff were very friendly and helpful. I would recommend the doctor to anyone needing his services....or needing a fishing partner. He would be good company.
in Tampa, FL |
I was a patient of Doctor Velusamy while at Regional Hospital of Bayonet Point. I was never in this hospital and did not have a heart doctor, so I was given Doctor Velusamy and I was so happy to get him. Because, he spent has much time that I needed him. He answered all of my concerns and made sure that I understood the test he was going to order for me. Also, he would explain how the test will be done and the reason for them. I would definitely ask for him again if I need a heart doctor again.
We were very pleased with Dr Velusamy. Hospital visit
Have you seen Dr. Muthusamy Velusamy, MD?

Visit Dr. Velusamy