Dr. Mutahar Ahmed, MD

Urology ·  Male · Age 47

Dr. Ahmed

New Jersey Center For Prostate Cancer & Urology

255 W Spring Valley Ave Ste 101 Maywood, NJ 07607

Dr. Mutahar Ahmed, MD is an urology specialist in Maywood, NJ and has been practicing for 16 years. He graduated from SUNY Upstate Medical University in 1997 and specializes in urology.

Dr. Ahmed accepts

Dr. Ahmed accepts the following insurance:

Aetna PPO

No malpractice claims found for New Jersey

Check Dr. Ahmed's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Ahmed's Top Procedures and Conditions

Prostatectomy With Robotic Assistance

Dr. Ahmed performs Prostatectomy With Robotic Assistance more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Ahmed performs this procedure more than 100% of his peers

• Bladder Exstrophy Repair
  • Bladder Infection
  • Bladder Stones
  • Bladder Surgery
  • Blood in Semen (Hematospermia)
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Chronic Kidney Diseases
  • Cystometry
  • Cystotomy
  • Cystourethroscopy and Transurethral Resection of Bladder Neck
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
  • End-Stage Renal Disease
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Erectile Dysfunction
  • Kidney Disease
  • Kidney Infection
  • Kidney Infection, Acute
  • Kidney Infection, Chronic
  • Kidney Stone Pain (Renal Colic)
  • Kidney Stone Removal
  • Lithotripsy
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Male Infertility
  • Neurogenic Bladder
  • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
  • Orchiectomy
  • Overactive Bladder
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Partial Cystectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Partial Nephrectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Pelvic Exenteration (For: Gynecologic, Urinary, or Colorectal Malignancy)
  • Penile Cancer
  • Prostate Removal
  • Prostatectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Prostatitis
  • Renal Transplant and Nephrectomy
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Urinary Bladder Reconstruction With Robotic Assistance
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Hesitancy
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Stone Removal (Litholapaxy)
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Urinary-Genital Tract Fistula, Female
  • Vasectomy Reversal
  • Vesicoureteral Reflux
  • Wound Repair
  • Yeast Infections

We are committed to delivering the best care and an exceptional patient experience. We are devoted to providing services that are patient-centered and compassionate, and care for you as a person.

• Urology

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Ahmed

Dr. Ahmed?
Dr. Ahmed's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Mutahar Ahmed, MD
Dr. Mutahar Ahmed was fantastic he did a radical left nephrectomy robotically and I have only small 2 incisions . His staff was very pleasant Robyn who was very understanding and compassionate to all of my requests before surgery and after. Dr. Ahmed has a lovely bed side manner. Highly recommend him even if you live 2 hours away like we did. Its worth the drive.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mutahar Ahmed, MD?
My doctor is Dr. Mutahar Ahmed. I came to him after I was for a long time under the care of another urologist. Dr. Ahmed rigorously ran a series of test in the office and in the surgical facility. He discovered a big stone in my bladder and removed it. Since then (one and a half years ago) my urination and bladder activity improved by over 80%. Dr. Ahmed is thorough, patient and genuinely sincere, all the traits essential to gaining trust. Trust is perhaps one of the most critical factors in the doctor-patient relationship. Now I have full and complete trust in Dr. Ahmed, I am indeed lucky and privileged to be under Dr. Ahmed's care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mutahar Ahmed, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr Ahmed to anyone needing a urologist He takes the time to explain everything to you and makes you feel very relaxed. Answers all your questions and does not rush you. His staff is as welcoming as he is.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mutahar Ahmed, MD?
Dr. Ahmed led me through the entire process from pre-proceudre visits to the operation to recovery. He is the surgeon you want when you encounter a health problem.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mutahar Ahmed, MD?
Dr Ahmed and his team got me through a very difficult time this past summer and I will always be thankful for his care and dedication to making certain you receive the best service. With out a doubt Dr Ahmed is the bar in providing the best outcome for his patients. Thank you Dr Ahmed Richard Pittius
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mutahar Ahmed, MD?
I had blockage in my left ureter. Dr. Ahmed provided me options--remove my kidney (shorter surgery) or resection my ureter to my bladder. I opted for the latter, and he successfully reconnected my ureter with minimal invasive corrections. I appreciate being given the choice and am glad I have my kidney intact.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mutahar Ahmed, MD?
I have been under the watchful eyes of Dr. Ahmed's for 10 years now. My first encounter was discovering I had a high grade tumor in my bladder. I have been cancer free for over 8 years now. Not only was his professionalism a comfort to me but he also extended his friendship to me. I was very fortunate to be under his care. You could not ask to be under the care of anyone more qualified, concerned and professional than Dr. Ahmed. A. Ferraro, NJ
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mutahar Ahmed, MD?
Outstanding encouraging and enthusiastic individual, his interest in you as the patient is so well recieved. He and his staff exceeded all of my expectations and help to ease any of my concerns. He takes his time explaining the processes and allows you to voice your concerns. I would reccomend his prractice to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mutahar Ahmed, MD?
Dr. Ahmed performed my robotic radical prostatectomy in 2009. He had me back to my active lifestyle in no time. Upbeat, positive, calm and caring is how I would describe him personally. His surgical skill are among the elite. Getting cancer in my early fifties, not fun. Finding Dr. Ahmed, priceless.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mutahar Ahmed, MD?
He really cured my UPJ blockage and I’ve been feeling better then ever. Dr Ahmed is very friendly and very professional and cares a lot about his patients. Would recommend him 10 / 10 times for anything urologic going on with your body.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mutahar Ahmed, MD?
Dr. Ahmed is my angel! He is so kind and caring. Dr. Ahmed is very thorough in explaining what needs to be done. Upon entering the operating unit, the doors opened and there was Dr. Ahmed standing there with his arms wide opened to me. This immediately put my fears and worries to rest. I knew I was in good hands, Dr. Ahmed is so positive and upbeat, too, his nurse, Josephine, is also a gem. She is so kind, caring, and compassionate. Dr. Ahmed is also always there for you afterwards.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mutahar Ahmed, MD?
Highly recommend Dr.Ahmed . I had a very pleasant and confident experience despite my serious health issue. Dr. Ahmed and his staff displayed a wonderful and comforting bedside manner allowing you to relax and feel secure in dealing with your medical issue.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mutahar Ahmed, MD?
Very pleasant l highly recommend him.His personality & knowledge of explaining the problem puts you at ease.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mutahar Ahmed, MD?
Dr. Ahmed totally explained everything in a way that was easy to understand. He is compassionate and was so reassuring that when I left his office my mind was so much more relaxed and I just knew I was in good hands.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mutahar Ahmed, MD?
More than Excellent ! Dr. Ahmed gave me confidence. My Godson, a Surgeon Podiatrist, told me in my research, that Dr. Ahmed enjoys an excellent reputation with HUMC and with other doctors. I would definitely recommend him without any reservation. He is associated with an office with a very good reputation, N.J. Center for Prostate Cancer & Urology. Dr. Ahmed skillfully removed the Tumor from my Kidney (Robotic Surgery) and I was back to work Seven (7) Days later, now Cancer free !
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mutahar Ahmed, MD?
When I see Dr. Ahmed for my yearly check-in I refuse to just shake his hand, I hug him. He did green light laser surgery on my enlarged prostate in 2011 and in so doing gave me back the much taken-for-granted ability to pee like when I was a teenager. Sometimes, when I'm relieving myself, I look up and say "thank you God for Dr. Ahmed."
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mutahar Ahmed, MD?
When an MRI for a herniated disc in my lower lumbar spine incidentally revealed a large mass in my kidney and another in my pelvis, I went from an orthopedic issue to Stage 4 renal cancer. Not only did Dr. Ahmed remove my kidney but he has remained intimately involved in my complex case thru interaction with my pelvic oncologic surgeon and my oncologist. Dr. Ahmed is one of the nicest people I have ever met and he is caring, compassionate and a rock star surgeon. The best of the best!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mutahar Ahmed, MD?
Dr. Ahmed patiently addressed all of my questions leading up to surgery and following surgery. His calm demeanor and caring attitude gave my wife and I comfort that I was receiving the best care possible. Dr. Ahmed is not only a skilled surgeon, but also a doctor who cares about the overall well being of his patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mutahar Ahmed, MD?
Dr. Ahmed is the finest example of a caring and compassionate medical professional you will ever find. His enthusiasm and calm explanation of all the pros and cons of surgical procedures was welcome. he made my decision to choose Neo Bladder surgical reconstruction resulting from Bladder cancer easy. The staff was accommodating and equally as caring, I believe his enthusiasm is contagious. Dr. Ahmed is accessible by email regardless of how silly the question. Great Doctor!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mutahar Ahmed, MD?
Dr. Ahmed and his staff were very professional. I had renal cancer and was very afraid. Dr. Ahmed assured me that I would be ok and I was.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Ahmed?