Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation  |
Dr. Murray Joiner Jr, MD
Dr. Murray Joiner Jr, MD is a physical medicine & rehabilitation doctor who practices in Roanoke, VA. He is 56 years old and has been practicing for 30 years. Dr. Joiner Jr is affiliated with Lewisgale Medical Center and Carilion Clinic - Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital.

2726 Electric Rd Ste 203

Roanoke, VA 24018

Learn about Dr. Joiner Jr

See how frequently Dr. Joiner Jr performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Sciatica (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
Chronic Neck Pain
Osteoarthritis of Spine

Dr. Joiner Jr's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation

• Benign Chronic Pain Syndrome
  • Brachial Plexus Palsy
  • Chronic Pain
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot

• Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Block, Sympathetic
  • Nerve Destruction by Neurolytic Agent
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS)
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• Meharry Medical College School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1987
  • Washington Hospital Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • National Rehab Hospital

Dr. Joiner Jr has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Joiner Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Joiner Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Joiner Jr's Reviews

GOOD
in Roanoke va |
Office wait time is 1 to 3 hours
in Roanoke, VA |
Office is impossible to get in touch with. No one ever answers the phone to take payments. You will wait hours after your appointment time. Do not recommend.
in Vinton, Va |
I had 6 facet joint injections in this office by Dr.Joiner. I waited 4 hours past my appointment times before seeing him for the consultation, and over an hour in the day of the procedure. His front office staff is very rude. A couple of years later I was referred again. He called me a liar about the procedures I told him I had already had and pressed on my back so hard I almost fell off the table. I left in tears and will NEVER RETURN. He is a horrible doctor and doesn't care about the patients
in Roanoke, VA |
I referred by a spine srgn. 1/4 of the way thru treatment, at every appt, I asked for something else OTHER THAN DRUGS for the pain. I was told I wish I had more pts like you, everyone wants more drugs. THEN they no longer treating me b/c, they said, I was flagged by the DEA FOR DOCTOR SHOPPING! THE DOCS I SAW WERE THERE! I was referred to another pain mgt clinic--guess who was one of the docs--Joiner. I never went. And was charged for apt that I was turned away. My PCP never got "DEA" report
Roanoke, VA |
This has got to be THE WORST office I have EVER visited or tried to get in touch with. I know I am overweight and I know that could be part of the reason why I am in so much pain, but that does NOT mean that I do not deserve to be helped and treated with dignity and respect. These people are so far beyond rude it's unimagineable. I've been there twice and seen 2 different people. No explanation. No refills on my meds, no returns on my phone calls. This office is insane
in Elliston, Va. |
Nobody any betterbetter ! Best there is. Yes wait is long but sacrifice time of nothing compared to treatment you get! Been going to him over 11 years!
ROANOKE, Va |
It is impossible to talk to talk to Dr Joiner. If problems arise they have no interest in resolving them. Worst support staff in town.
in Roanoke, VA |
Waited in waiting room over an hour to be checked in. Another hour to be called to a room. Waited 2 hours in an exam room that was cold. Checked with staff after a hour wait. Staff said that the provider would be there when she got there. Never saw provider. After 2 hour wait in exam room I left. My employer and my husbands employer refer patients regularly to this office. May need to reevaluate this.
in Roanoke, VA |
The appointment was for my mother. We waited over an hour and a half to be called. When my mother was called back they refused to allow me to go with her. She is 85 years old, hard of hearing and needs physical assistance for mobility. They stated that it was "Physician Policy" to only allow the patient back. They would call the family member after the assessment and to discuss the treatment plan. NO THANK YOU!!!!! What is that office hiding???? I will never recommend this practice.
in Vinton, VA |
After waiting almost 7 hours in a waiting room after my schedule appointment, Dr.Joiner seen me for about 5-10 minutes if that, told me he didn't know how to treat me, and didn't know what to recommend for me. Me being 23 years old, with a bulging/deteriorating disk and arthritis in my spine, not to mention nerve damage in my neck and lower back from previous car accidents- He was A HUGE disappointment for me, and I will NEVER refer anyone to him. He is a terrible Doctor, and DOES NOT care.
Roanoke, VA |
You wait for hours to see the Dr. For a procedure, during procedure he talks to the person in there with him. Not really good. Does minimal procedures to keep you coming back. The PA'S think you are stupid, you are severely hurting with your back with no medicine to help you and expects you to loose weight and excerise. They cant even provide you an antiinflammatories. The doctor communication to Pa doesn't seem to be any. I switched to a much better facility and dr, I now don't feel like meat.
in South Boston, VA |
We waited over 21/2 hours to be seen. appointment at 1330 and we left at 1630. No one spoke to us and no one followed up with us. My husband had a block done and there was no follow up of any kind. The front office staff is there to keep the appointments coming and to prevent any interruption to the doctors day, not to help the patients. I was actually told that Dr. Joiner does not speak to patients. I had to make a return appoint to speak to the PA. We have not met the doctor.
in Lincolnton, NC |
Office staff seems to change a lot and no one will call you back after leaving message on top of messages and the wait time is unreal and the office doesnt seem to care abut anything you your problems or how to help you. I was told due to me not coming in like they ask wouldnt redo my work note and lost my job. But when i called in was told it was handled and no need to come over to see the dr. or i would have been there. the dr was rude and unwilling to help me and told be i was l a liar
in Salem, VA |
Office waits are minimum 2 hours. On my second appointment after a 2 hour wait, a very rude office woman came to tell me the Doctor had to leave. I was in a lot of pain but that was not important to them. Plus they still charged me a co-pay
in Roanoke Virginia |
Dr. Joiner is a very caring and a great Dr. He is very knowledgeable about how to handle pain. He is also qualified to do epidural steroid injections. Would highly recommend Dr Joiner
in Roanoke, VA |
You can't ask for a more caring Dr. Than Dr. Joiner! His knowledge on medicine and what he can do for your pain is well worth the wait. I just wished I would have stayed with him. Now, I'm coming back, cause he educates himself on new technology, in administrating pain medication to help the injured party out! He's the BEST!!!
in Lynchburg, VA |
Had a scheduled EMG today at Dr. Joiner's office on Tate Springs Rd., Lynchburg. First time I had met this doctor. My concerns with my visit: The procedure caused some bleeding and Dr. Joiner did not wear gloves. The procedure room did not appear clean to me.The restroom was disgustingly dirty. I have to go back for an Epidural. Thinking about canceling.
Have you seen Dr. Murray Joiner Jr, MD?
Are you Dr. Joiner Jr?