Dr. Muhammad Shamsi, MD

Dr. Muhammad Shamsi, MD

Psychiatry  |
Dr. Muhammad Shamsi, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Plymouth Meeting, PA. He is 52 years old and has been practicing for 28 years.

1000 Germantown Pike Ste H4

Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462

• Amerihealth
  • Capital Blue Cross
  • CoreSource
  • EmblemHealth

Learn about Dr. Shamsi

See how frequently Dr. Shamsi performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Psychiatric Evaluation
Anxiety
Bipolar Disorder

Dr. Shamsi's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Psychiatry

• Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder

• Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Sindh Medical College, Dow University Of Health Sciences
    Medical School | Graduated 1989
  • Allegheny University Hosps

Dr. Shamsi has no media or publications listed.

• Hindi
  • Urdu

Dr. Shamsi does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shamsi and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Shamsi's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shamsi to family and friends
2.2
Dr. Shamsi's Performance
    GOOD
    GOOD
Ambler, PA |
Went there looking for a new doc and therapist. Was impressed by their hours and staff. Saw the doc for 8 mos and was given meds not for my condition. I gained weight on one of the meds and when it wasn't working he told me ECT was the only option left not another type or class of drug. I was also seeing a therapist for 8 mos 2x a week and when i told her what he said she never fot back to me. I really liked the staff theyre the only part i miss. Dont see Danielle. She was terrible
Good grief, such appalling reviews everywhere online. Your public reputation in your community has become cause for concern even amongst healthcare providers. You may want to take a step back and rethink what it really means to be a practitioner of the 'healing arts'. You truly ought to give serious thought to this gem from Mahatma Gandhi; "There is a sufficiency in the world for man's Need but not for man's Greed". With this in mind, may I respectfully suggest that you need to curb your greed ?
Norristown PA. |
Worst person I ever dealt with. I said person because he is not a doctor. Doesn’t listen and I had a severe reaction to a medication he gave me. When I called him he screamed at me and said I was bothering him and he was with his family, also said I was burning bridges??? He said to go back to medicine my primary dr gave me and hung up on me. Please read all of his bad reviews. I do not consider him a doctor at all. He doesn’t care
Conshohocken, PA |
Terrible!
in Norristown, PA |
Visited with dr shamsi who i havent seen in a while, when i asked for help with my anxiety meds he threatened to call 911 saying i was seeking controlled substances when i have 2 kids and have been stressed out of my mind and almost went back to drinking the other day, i even went to the ER, he was very unprofessional and i feel robbed, as he refused to give me a refund for his poor service
Waited over 30 minutes for an appointment even though I was the third appointment of the day. Talked for a bit. Surprised he was cordial. I saw him over a year ago and he was quite agitated so I never returned. I went back now because my therapist requested I see him for a second opinion. Gave me a med I didn't want. I was concerned about all the side effects. Told me I only had three choices or he couldn't help me.
Quakertown, PA |
Don't waste your time. Very cold and does not listen. Keeps appointments as short as possible. Doesn't care about patient.
Philadelphia, PA |
The doctor comes off as cold and condescending. His staff is quite nice, though. I asked the man to help me get workplace accommodations. After fighting to get medical records sent to him from my psychiatrist of 7 years for weeks, he then told me that he wouldn't write it for me, saying there wasn't enough information from seven years of records.
Drs are told to listen to their patients. Not this guy. I lost 40 pounds in anxiety burn, short-of-breath from anxiety, got runs a side effect! Called him about the latter & told see my PCP. My PCP said, You are not Bi-polar! me: I know that but he won't listen to me! Thankfully a new psychiatrist joined the practice my counselor was in, & I was offered another opinion. I took it, was put back on anti-anxiety & depression meds. Yeahh! Went to him 7 yrs. glad to have moved on!
in Lansdale, PA |
He is so knowledgeable and understands how to medicate your problem. He's easy to talk to and explain what is going on without judging you.
in East Norriton, PA |
Dr. Shamsi is very professional. He gets right to the heart of the matter and is willing to work with you regarding your needs.
in Pennsburg PA |
I spent a lot of money to come under his care. He gave me the choice of taking one of the two medications that I was currently taking. I chose the wrong one and decided that I need to get back on the other medication I was given the option to take originally. He then said that he will not see me again. He is not a man of his word and doesn't care about his patients at all. I would rather go to a veterinarian than go to Dr Shamsi.
Norristown, PA |
He has absolutely no compassion.
in Norristown, PA |
I chose Dr. Shamsi because he was close to my house. What a mistake! He prescribed two medications at the same time. After using them I had a major reaction and my face broke out in painful red acne like rash. I went to a dermatologist & he was surprised to find out I was given the medications without considering drug interactions and the side effects of them! He also does not spent much time with his patients, 10 mins at the most! Save your $ & AVOID him at all cost.!!!!!!
in Norristown, PA |
Terrible. Does not listen to you. Puts you on a ton of meds.
Have you seen Dr. Muhammad Shamsi, MD?
Are you Dr. Shamsi?