Dr. Muhammad Shamsi, MD

Psychiatry | Male

Muhammed N Shamsi MD PC 1000 Germantown Pike Ste H4 Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462 Get Directions
Dr. Muhammad Shamsi, MD
Dr. Muhammad Shamsi, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Plymouth Meeting, PA. He is 51 years old and has been practicing for 28 years.

Dr. Shamsi's Experience

See how Dr. Shamsi's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Shamsi

Dr. Shamsi accepts 17 insurance carriers

Dr. Shamsi is now accepting new patients

Dr. Shamsi's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shamsi to family and friends
    2.3
    Dr. Shamsi's Performance
      GOOD
      GOOD
    in Norristown, PA |
    Visited with dr shamsi who i havent seen in a while, when i asked for help with my anxiety meds he threatened to call 911 saying i was seeking controlled substances when i have 2 kids and have been stressed out of my mind and almost went back to drinking the other day, i even went to the ER, he was very unprofessional and i feel robbed, as he refused to give me a refund for his poor service
    Waited over 30 minutes for an appointment even though I was the third appointment of the day. Talked for a bit. Surprised he was cordial. I saw him over a year ago and he was quite agitated so I never returned. I went back now because my therapist requested I see him for a second opinion. Gave me a med I didn't want. I was concerned about all the side effects. Told me I only had three choices or he couldn't help me.
    Quakertown, PA |
    Don't waste your time. Very cold and does not listen. Keeps appointments as short as possible. Doesn't care about patient.
    Philadelphia, PA |
    The doctor comes off as cold and condescending. His staff is quite nice, though. I asked the man to help me get workplace accommodations. After fighting to get medical records sent to him from my psychiatrist of 7 years for weeks, he then told me that he wouldn't write it for me, saying there wasn't enough information from seven years of records.
    Drs are told to listen to their patients. Not this guy. I lost 40 pounds in anxiety burn, short-of-breath from anxiety, got runs a side effect! Called him about the latter & told see my PCP. My PCP said, You are not Bi-polar! me: I know that but he won't listen to me! Thankfully a new psychiatrist joined the practice my counselor was in, & I was offered another opinion. I took it, was put back on anti-anxiety & depression meds. Yeahh! Went to him 7 yrs. glad to have moved on!
    in Lansdale, PA |
    He is so knowledgeable and understands how to medicate your problem. He's easy to talk to and explain what is going on without judging you.
    in East Norriton, PA |
    Dr. Shamsi is very professional. He gets right to the heart of the matter and is willing to work with you regarding your needs.
    in Pennsburg PA |
    I spent a lot of money to come under his care. He gave me the choice of taking one of the two medications that I was currently taking. I chose the wrong one and decided that I need to get back on the other medication I was given the option to take originally. He then said that he will not see me again. He is not a man of his word and doesn't care about his patients at all. I would rather go to a veterinarian than go to Dr Shamsi.
    Norristown, PA |
    He has absolutely no compassion.
    in Norristown, PA |
    I chose Dr. Shamsi because he was close to my house. What a mistake! He prescribed two medications at the same time. After using them I had a major reaction and my face broke out in painful red acne like rash. I went to a dermatologist & he was surprised to find out I was given the medications without considering drug interactions and the side effects of them! He also does not spent much time with his patients, 10 mins at the most! Save your $ & AVOID him at all cost.!!!!!!
    in Norristown, PA |
    Terrible. Does not listen to you. Puts you on a ton of meds.
    Have you seen Dr. Muhammad Shamsi, MD?
    Are you Dr. Shamsi?

Dr. Shamsi's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Psychiatry
    •  Board certified in Psychiatry
    •  Malpractice claims in Pennsylvania not available

Dr. Shamsi has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

Why It Matters: Dr. Shamsi's Board Certifications

Graduated in 1989

Allegheny University Hosps

• Hindi
    • Urdu

Dr. Shamsi does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shamsi and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Psychiatry

Dr. Shamsi does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Shamsi and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.