Dr. Muhammad Sethi, MD

Dr. Muhammad Sethi, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism  |
Dr. Muhammad Sethi, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in Bismarck, ND. He is 36 years old.

401 N 9th St

Bismarck, ND 58501

Learn about Dr. Sethi

See how frequently Dr. Sethi performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Diabetes With Renal Manifestations
Diabetes Counseling
Thyroid Disease

Dr. Sethi's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Sethi "Provide the best possible care in an efficient, effective and cost effective manner. "

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Adrenal Incidentaloma
  • Adrenal Insufficiency
  • Autoimmune Thyroid Diseases
  • Calcium Metabolism Disorders
  • Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH)
  • Craniopharyngioma
  • Cushing's Syndrome
  • Diabetes Insipidus
  • Diabetes Mellitus, Secondary
  • Diabetes Type 1
  • Diabetes Type 2
  • Diabetes With Renal Manifestations
  • Diabetic Ketoacidosis
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Klinefelter Syndrome
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Male Infertility
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia
  • Vitamin D Deficiency

• Aspiration or Injection of Thyroid Cyst
  • Continuous Glucose Monitoring
  • Diabetes Counseling

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for North Dakota.

• Aga Khan University / Aga Khan Medical College
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Khyber Teaching Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • University Of North Dakota School Of Medicine and Health Sciences
  • Universtiy Arizona Tuscon
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Sethi has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Sethi does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sethi and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Sethi's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sethi to family and friends
4.0
Dr. Sethi's Performance
in Bismarck |
Dr. Sethi has been excellent in diagnosing and treating our teenage daughter. Within only 5 months from her initial visit, Dr. Sethi has been able to regulate and manipulate her TS3 & TSH levels to almost completely normal levels. Our daughter looks and feels as good as new! The aggressive yet competent approach Dr. Sethi takes is refreshing and appreciated!
We are happy to hear that your daughter is doing well Thank you for your comments regarding Dr. Sethi. I will make sure that he receives your kind words.
Juarez, CHH |
I found out I had diabetes a month ago and that it was maybe type 2, my doc. Recommended doc. Sethi. It took a month to get a appointment with him. He was very cold and had no compassion. He told me I was type 1 and I questioned him how? He got defensive like I was questioning his medical ability. Made me feel uncomfortable like I couldn't ask him a question.told me to get on birth control before even knowing if I was pregnant. Staff was rude,was in a hurry to get me out. Won't be going back. ??
Thank you for you comments. I am sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience. At Mid Dakota Clinic we strive to provide an exceptional patient experience and when we fall short we appreciate knowing about it. If you would like to discuss this further, I would be more than happy to talk with you. I can be reached at 701-530-5887. Than you again, Karla.
Minot, ND |
Dr. Sethi is wonderful! Very thorough. very confident in my care with him.
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding Dr. Sethi. We do appreciate hearing these kinds of comments. Thank you for choosing Mid Dakota Clinic. If you wish to discuss this further, I can be reached at 701-530-5887. Karla
I have been a type 1 diabetic for 12 years now, and never in my life have I encountered such an arrogant doctor. It took me 2 appointments before I knew that I would never be seeing him again. He refused to let me work with my dietician, mind you they work at the same clinic, yet he was unable to properly care for my diabetes alone. I will never recommend him to anyone. It's a shame because he is the only endo in Bismarck, leaving me to drive to Fargo for every appointment.
I am so sorry to hear about your visit and your experience. Thank you for bringing this to our attention as our goal at Mid Dakota Clinic is to provide the best care from the doctors you know and trust. When we fall short, we like to know what we can do to make your experience better. I would like to discuss this with you to address your concerns, please feel free to call me at 701-530-5887. Karla
Bismarck, ND |
I had been doctoring for my thyroid for over a year before I was referred to Dr. Sethi. He became suspicious of a nodule on my thyroid and after a biopsy he recommonded a complete thryroidectomy. The nodule was cancer. If I hadn't been referred to Dr. Sethi it's hard to say how long it would have taken before it was discovered. I am grateful for his exceptional care and expertise. I highly recommend Dr. Sethi!
in Bismarck, ND |
I have been seeing Dr. Sethi for my diabetes. My AC1 has improved in the 6 moths I've been seeing him. He is very caring and takes time to listen to my concerns. He has helped me get my numbers down. Thank you so much. Highly recommend Dr. Sethi.
in Garrison ND |
Dr. Sethi is very knowledgeable and considerate, takes extra time to make sure I understand what is going on with the labs and other test. I trust him so much I brought my mother to see him and he helped her with an ongoing problem that has been bothering her for 20 years that no other doctor could solve. We are very blessed to have him!
Minot, ND |
Dr Sethi is very thorough and very informative. He gives you all the options first and then gives his opinion about what he thinks you should do. Wish he would come to Minot once a month!
in Bottineau, ND |
I need an endocrinologist. have since 2001. seth is the Best one as of this date. thorough, kind, and trustworthy. we need him back in minot. at least 2x month. please consider that.
in Mohall, ND |
Been seeing Dr Sethi for over a year now for my pituitary gland. I knew right away how much he cared when he walked into my first appointment with hand written notes of 16 years of research through my medical files, have never had a Dr take that time. He really listens to what I say and how I am feeling which has greatly improved with his help. I first started seeing him in Minot and followed him to Bismarck to continue my care, well worth the 3 hour drive!
in ND |
Dr. Sethi is intelligent and very knowledgeable in endocrinology and lipidology. He explains things thoroughly. He is attentive and listens to any concerns I have. He goes through my treatment options and together we select the best route of treatment. He is assisting me with both endocrine and lipid disorders.
in Beulah ND |
he is a very concerned Dr.takes his time explaining things.very kind and easy to understand.and checks all things not just the one thing you come in for to see if there is some other problem .
Parshall, nd |
Highly professional and knowledgable. Takes the time to review and explain. Confident in recommending to others
in Bismarck, ND |
I was referred to Dr. Sethi about 2-3 months ago when I was not seeing any results/improvements in the symptoms I was experiencing from hyperthyroidism. Dr. Sethi was very good about considering the things that my original doctor had decided to do, very careful to not undermine that doctor's recommendations. He saw me regularly to monitor my progress and has helped me immensely. I have noticed leaps and bonds in my improvement. I would highly recommend him for care!
in Bismarck ND |
If I could give him 0 stars I would. Worst experience of my life. Went in for high prolactin levels, based on MRI ( showing NO abnormalities) he diagnosed me with a microprolactinoma. He also said based on my thyroid stimulating hormone levels of 4.8 I have hypothyroidism and prescribed me 50mcg levothyroxine with no other blood work. After 3 weeks My side effects were out of control and very similar to HYPERthyroidism. I ordered a copy of my TSH results and come to find out it was 3.14!
in Hazen, ND |
I have been dealing with thyroid issues since 2007. Compared to other doctors I have been to, Dr. Sethi is very thorough in checking my thyroid issues. He directed me on the right path on how to take my medications with my supplements. I was treated by Dr. Sethi in Minot and continue to see him at his new location in Bismarck.
South Dakota |
I have been seeing Dr. Sethi for a few months now for my thyroid condition. He's done everything he could to try to help me get my levels to where I need to be. He's very good about explaining everything to me and finding new medicines that could help.
in Minot, ND |
I've been type 1 diabetic for 15 years, I have seen many different endocrinologist and he is by far the very best! dr. Sethi is great at explaining everything and makes sure you understand any changes he would make, whether on an insulin pump or taking shots. I highly recommend him to anyone who is diabetic!
in Dickinson, ND |
I've been an insulin dependent diabetic for over 20 years, and have worked well with several endocrinologists in that time. However, Dr. Sethi was a definite exception. He is very arrogant, and would not listen to what I had to say. The treatment plan he devised was inappropriate, since he insisted on treating me as a Type 1 diabetic, and I am an insulin dependent Type 2 diabetic. He was offended when I asked him to read the medical records he had available from my previous endocrinologists.
in Minot, ND |
For years nobody would genuinely listen to my concerns about my hypothyroidism and not feeling well. I've never had a physician walk into the exam room with a page full of handwritten notes, he did his research on me before we even met. I'm now down 25lbs, I now know how to continue losing weight, I'm happy, healthy, and my levels are almost normal after a few adjustments. For over 10 years I was told I'm "normal and healthy" but thanks to Dr. Sethi, I finally feel that way. Thank you.
in Bismarck, ND |
Dr. Sethi in my opinion is an excellent doctor. He is extremely thorough and explains everything in great detail. He shows genuine concern and answers all questions in great detail.
in Minot, ND |
I started seeing Dr Sethi right before I got pregnant. He helped me throughout my pregnancy to ensure my blood sugars were where they needed to be for my baby and me. He is knowledgeable, explains everything thoroughly, and I never felt rushed. He always followed up on anything I needed or had questions on. As long as I'm in ND, I will continue to see Dr Sethi to manage my diabetes. I highly recommend this physician.
in Minot, ND |
I came to Dr. Sethi as a first time pregnant woman, with less than a year of diabetes management under my belt. He was great in making sure I always knew why my blood sugars were on the trends they were instead of just saying they were too high. He always makes sure to ask what I think we should do to fix the highs or lows I have. Using the word we instead of you when talking about my diabetes management makes me feel like we are a team to control it instead of feeling so alone.
in minot,nd |
Dr. Sethie has helped my 9 year old daughter tremendously get her blood glucose under control. He is the first and only endocrinologist we have seen. I feel like he takes time to really explain things to us and answer any of our questions he is never in a hurry like most doctor's seem to be.
in Minot, ND |
Incredible bedside manner. Very responsive to patient input and very supportive. He helped me rein in my diabetes, listened carefully when I had something to say, and never criticised my poor habits even when I deserved it.
in Minot, ND |
Dr. Sethi is very professional, knowledgeable and easy to talk with. He has helped me to bring down my blood sugar levels without me feeling bad or under pressure. I like his manor and his way of encouraging his patients. He has much helped me and I highly recommend him. Dr. Sethi is also very sensible in his medication prescriptions giving only what is needed and in the smallest amount required. This tells me he can be trusted. Thank you.
in Minot, ND |
I have been treating with Dr. Sethi for close to 2 years. I can honestly say that he is one of the most thorough doctors I've ever met. During my first visit I was struck by how brilliant he was - all doctors are smart but Dr. Sethi is one of those whose knowledge and expertise is just undeniable. He really has a passion for what he does. He's the kind of doctor that takes as much time with you as needed. His office staff is pretty great too. Highly recommend!
in Minot, ND |
Dr Sethi has been pleasant and polite. He has taken time to listened to my concerns and explained things well. He always asks if there is anything else I need. I have recommended him to others and they have reported being very pleased. He has great knowledge of diabetes, insulin and insulin pumps.
Minot, ND |
Dr Sethi rushed through , semi explaining much of nothing. I was in and out of his office all in less than ten minutes for my first and last visit. I wouldn't recommend him to anyone. It was kind of embarrassing trying to explain symptoms to this Dr. He kept interrupting me and didn't aknowledge any of my symptoms. The worst Dr visit in all my 49 years of living.
Have you seen Dr. Muhammad Sethi, MD?

Visit Dr. Sethi