Dr. Muhamad Aly Rifai, MD

Dr. Muhamad Aly Rifai, MD

Psychiatry  |

Dr. Muhamad Aly Rifai is a Psychiatrist serving the Easton, Palmerton and Stroudsburg areas for more than 15 years. Dr. Rifai is experienced in Psychiatric Evaluation and Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS). He is a Fellow at the American College of Physicians, the Academy of Psychosomatic Medicine and the American Psychiatric Association. Dr. Muhamad Rifai was also awarded the National Institute of Mental Health Clinical Excellence Award in 2005, the William Webb Award from the Academy of Psychosomatic Medicine in 2006 and the National Research Service Award.

Blue Mountain Psychiatry

• Medica
  • Medicare

Learn about Dr. Rifai

Video

See how frequently Dr. Rifai performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Bipolar Disorder
Anxiety
Psychiatric Diseases

Dr. Rifai's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Patient Testimonials

This content was provided by Dr. Rifai I have been suffering from major depression, anxiety, PTSD and insomnia for years. I also have recently developed a seizure condition. I had been on countless medications to combat these conditions and seen multiple medical professionals to no avail. Dr. Rifai and his extremely professional and kind staff including Amy Makl and Nancy Taylor have all used innovative treatments and cutting edge testing to help identify certain genetic markers which led to the best medication combination I have been on and suggested state the art, recently developed treatments. I have also been in an outpatient facility for four months and have never had these types of positive results. They are so amazingly accommodating, knowledgeable and patient. I cannot say enough good things about all of them.

This content was provided by Dr. Rifai Efficient and professional. Friendly and responsive office staff.

This content was provided by Dr. Rifai Dr. Rifai has been easy to talk to, efficient, and attentive in dealing with and treating me. I also like that he does not push medications for everything and has alternative therapies available.

This content was provided by Dr. Rifai "I will provide comprehensive care integrating a thorough medical workup, psychotherapy and medication treatments. I offer multiple treatment regimens and individual treatment plans, informed by both our understandings of the presenting symptoms and your essential input."

• Psychiatry

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Addiction
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Nondependent Antidepressant Abuse
  • Nondependent Cocaine Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Paranoid Personality Disorder
  • Personality Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychogenic Disorders (incl. Psychogenic Pain)
  • Psychosis
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Weight Loss

• Drug Testing
  • EEG (Electroencephalogram)
  • Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT)
  • Extended-Release Injectable Naltrexone
  • Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
  • Injection
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychiatric Medication Therapy
  • Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• American College at Aleppo

• Martin Fenton Award, 2003
  • American Psychiatric Association Janssen Scholarship, 2002
  • William Webb Fellowship, 2005

• Arabic

Dr. Rifai does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rifai and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Rifai's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rifai to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Rifai's Performance
he is a good doctor but the length of time to see him at appointments is way too long. I have sat in the waiting room for 2 hours on many occassions to be seen.
Have had three week of TMS sessions and already I feel better. Depression is lifting and I feel more positive about things. Was on anti-depressant medications for 12 years and never felt this good, meds merely stabilized my condition. Would recommend TMS.
Dr. Rifai is the first psychiatrist I went to who got my medications right the first time. He knew exactly what I was talking about.
I have been seeing Dr. Rifai for about a year, he is very knowledgeable about addiction medicine and is one of the few doctors around certified in this field. I would highly recommend him. I also have to add that the woman who works at and runs the Palmerton office is incredible. Netoya is always busy, but remembered my name from the 2nd appointment. She is very personable and will go out of her way to schedule an appointment or deal with any other issues that I may be having.
They take the time to listen and they truly care about how you feel and what you are telling them
excellette experice
my experience has been good and been very health full to me
My experience has been a great one. He has helped me with my anxiety issues and sleeping problems.
Very nice and helpful doctor
Always helpful with any issues
everyone is helpful and have good listening skills and very understanding.
very good technician second visit good
The staff at Blue Mountain Psychiatry were kind and understanding. Our appointments with Paul for the TMS was flexable and professional. After having a relationship for thirty years with my last Doctor I didn't think I would come to trust another. Doctor Rifai is a God Send. Thank You
willing to spend time with patients
friendly, understanding and competent staff
very happy,mr.Andrews very nice man and very good at what he does. michael campbell
Very pleasant !
I have missed my appointment and he was very kind and willing to reschedule at any other convenient time. He listens to what I have to say and recommends a solution or is helpful in general
I had a very good experience with Mr. Andrews and his very sweet office administrator Brigid Betancourt.
stroudsburg, PA |
Man..there's too much to say about this place. I can only speak from my specific case and experience so, in my opinion this is the worst psych our family has ever been under. Dr rifai landed my mom in 3 mental hospitals in a month due to unnecessary medicine change because he wanted to try "new breakthrough" methods and medicines. Once her life started spinning out of control he wanted nothing to do with her and has now dropped her as a patient when we need him most to avoid any legal problems
Made an appt was seen very quickly for a psych. he understood my situation and worked very closely with me, very friendly made me feel very comfortable and was able to be honest and tell him my whole situation without holding information
Dr. Rifai is very professional. His staff are friendly and my treatment is going very well.
Very confident in my TMS coordinator. She puts at ease.
in Quakertown, PA |
Dr. Rifai has been my psychiatrist for several years. He is competent, helpful, pleasant and most importantly he has gotten me feeling better. He is superb psychiatrist.
I always look forward to my appointments with Dr Rifia his compassion and insight are highly helpful to me. He inspires me that there is hope in being able to overcome my problems and rebuild a life with a more mental healthy outlook towards life. He gives me hope when I have none.
Efficient and professional. Friendly and responsive office staff.
I have been suffering from major depression, anxiety, PTSD and insomnia for years. I also have recently developed a seizure condition. I had been on countless medications to combat these conditions and seen multiple medical professionals to no avail. Dr. Rifai and his extremely professional and kind staff including Amy Makl and Nancy Taylor have all used innovative treatments and cutting edge testing to help identify certain genetic markers which led to the best medicatio...
in Stroudsburg, PA |
No privacy too many people in the waiting area I caught him on the phone with a private call while his patients are waiting and they've been waiting quite a while , he was on the phone for 25 minutes he showed up late and he has the personality of a horror movie , there's only a wall a makeshift wall separating him from his receptionist so she can hear everything what happened to privacy , I really don't recommend him try to find someone else which is very hard in Monroe Co for mental help
Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to be of service to you. We value your comments and agree with you. Through no fault of ours our main office is being renovated at 564 Main Street, what you described as makeshift is our temporary office for 3 months. Our office will be completed January 1, 2017. Please visit us again and allow us the opportunity to be of service to you on time. We promise you we will be on time in a clean office with private rooms and spacious waiting room.
in Quakertown, PA |
Dr. Rifai saved my life, he suggested treatment for me with TMS. This has improved depression and helped my mood. Top notch psychiatrist
My original doctor retired from the practice I saw her at last July. Due to a shortage of psychiatrists accepting new patients it took me about a year to find someone who would write my scripts for me. The first visit everything seemed to go OK. Had a second appointment, wasn't impressed. 3rd visit had to be rescheduled and they won't return my calls. Charged me $100 just to write scripts. Didn't even provide me with actual counseling. Very unethical.
Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to be of service to you. Our practice is reliable with an available 24-hour answering service. Unfortunately some medications are not appropriate for some patients based on clinical presentations. We do work with patients and accept cash payments treating all patients equally. Our prices are equal to what most insurance companies pay. We do provide counseling in our office though I do not myself but will refer to a counselor in my office.
in Palmerton PA |
Very competent and friendly psychiatrist helped with symptoms and medications. Anxiety improved, did very well would recommend highly
in Upper Darby, PA |
He is unreliable, unprofessional, and accepts money without following through on his promises.
in East Stroudsburg, PA |
Went in with the complaint of depression. Dr. Rifai asked questions to pinpoint exactly where I was at in my mental state. He advised a medication that has worked well for me. He had me follow up every 30 days to make sure I was responding to the medication. Dr. Rifai and I are still working together.
Have you seen Dr. Muhamad Aly Rifai, MD?

Visit Dr. Rifai

Blue Access
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
  • Health Net
  • HealthNet
    Mental Health Network (MHN)
  • Medica