Dr. Muhamad Aly Rifai, MD

Dr. Muhamad Aly Rifai, MD

27 reviews

Psychiatry | Male | 43 years old

Dr. Muhamad Aly Rifai is a Psychiatrist serving the Easton, Palmerton and Stroudsburg areas for more than 15 years. Dr. Rifai is experienced in Psychiatric Evaluation and Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS). He is a Fellow at the American College of Physicians, the Academy of Psychosomatic Medicine and the American Psychiatric Association. Dr. Muhamad Rifai was also awarded the National Institute of Mental Health Clinical Excellence Award in 2005, the William Webb Award from the Academy of Psychosomatic Medicine in 2006 and the National Research Service Award.Read more

Blue Mountain Psychiatry

Monday's Hours: 9:00AM - 5:00PM
View Office hours

Patient Testimonials

I have been suffering from major depression, anxiety, PTSD and insomnia for years. I also have recently developed a seizure condition. I had been on countless medications to combat these conditions and seen multiple medical professionals to no avail. Dr. Rifai and his extremely professional and kind staff including Amy Makl and Nancy Taylor have all used innovative treatments and cutting edge testing to help identify certain genetic markers which led to the best medication combination I have been on and suggested state the art, recently developed treatments. I have also been in an outpatient facility for four months and have never had these types of positive results. They are so amazingly accommodating, knowledgeable and patient. I cannot say enough good things about all of them.

I will provide comprehensive care integrating a thorough medical workup, psychotherapy and medication treatments. I offer multiple treatment regimens and individual treatment plans, informed by both our understandings of the presenting symptoms and your essential input.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Rifai's Experience

See how Dr. Rifai's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Rifai

Dr. Rifai accepts 13 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Rifai has admitting privileges.

Dr. Rifai's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rifai to family and friends
4.1
Experience with Dr. Rifai
Dr. Rifai's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (25)
in Quakertown, PA |
Dr. Rifai has been my psychiatrist for several years. He is competent, helpful, pleasant and most importantly he has gotten me feeling better. He is superb psychiatrist.
in Stroudsburg, PA |
No privacy too many people in the waiting area I caught him on the phone with a private call while his patients are waiting and they've been waiting quite a while , he was on the phone for 25 minutes he showed up late and he has the personality of a horror movie , there's only a wall a makeshift wall separating him from his receptionist so she can hear everything what happened to privacy , I really don't recommend him try to find someone else which is very hard in Monroe Co for mental help
Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to be of service to you. We value your comments and agree with you. Through no fault of ours our main office is being renovated at 564 Main Street, what you described as makeshift is our temporary office for 3 months. Our office will be completed January 1, 2017. Please visit us again and allow us the opportunity to be of service to you on time. We promise you we will be on time in a clean office with private rooms and spacious waiting room.
in Quakertown, PA |
Dr. Rifai saved my life, he suggested treatment for me with TMS. This has improved depression and helped my mood. Top notch psychiatrist
in Palmerton PA |
Dr. Rifai is a ray of sunshine, pleasant, friendly and an astute clinician. He got me better through several weeks, he stuck with me when other Doctors gave up on me, now that's the paragon of ethical behavior and outstanding bedside manners that should be modeled by other Doctors.
My original doctor retired from the practice I saw her at last July. Due to a shortage of psychiatrists accepting new patients it took me about a year to find someone who would write my scripts for me. The first visit everything seemed to go OK. Had a second appointment, wasn't impressed. 3rd visit had to be rescheduled and they won't return my calls. Charged me $100 just to write scripts. Didn't even provide me with actual counseling. Very unethical.
Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to be of service to you. Our practice is reliable with an available 24-hour answering service. Unfortunately some medications are not appropriate for some patients based on clinical presentations. We do work with patients and accept cash payments treating all patients equally. Our prices are equal to what most insurance companies pay. We do provide counseling in our office though I do not myself but will refer to a counselor in my office.
in Stroudsburg, PA |
The staff was professional and courteous, made me feel at ease, super helpful. Dr. Rifai was a pleasure smiling and explaining things for us. He did my gene testing at the office and the results were available the next appointment, at which time it was discovered that most previous psychiatrist gave me the incorrect medications that my body could not metabolize. Wonderful NIH trained psychiatrist.
in Palmerton PA |
Very competent and friendly psychiatrist helped with symptoms and medications. Anxiety improved, did very well would recommend highly
in Easton, PA |
Dr Rifai and Staff were wonderful, they helped our family with our issues and alleviated our stress. Things went very well.
in Upper Darby, PA |
He is unreliable, unprofessional, and accepts money without following through on his promises.
in East Stroudsburg, PA |
Went in with the complaint of depression. Dr. Rifai asked questions to pinpoint exactly where I was at in my mental state. He advised a medication that has worked well for me. He had me follow up every 30 days to make sure I was responding to the medication. Dr. Rifai and I are still working together.
Have you seen Dr. Muhamad Aly Rifai, MD?

Dr. Rifai says...

Dr. Rifai's Care Philosophy

Dr. Rifai says...

For patients and their families who have struggled with depression and other mental health disorders, Brainsway Deep TMS offers new hope when other treatments have not succeeded. Blue Mountain Psychiatry now offers deep TMS in 2 of it locations in Easton and Stroudsburg.

Dr. Rifai's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Psychiatry
  •  Board certified in Gastroenterology, Internal Medicine, Psychiatry, Psychosomatic Medicine and Transplant Hepatology
  •  Malpractice claims in Pennsylvania not available

• American College of Physicians LEAD Certificate, 2012
    • Martin Fenton Award, 2003
    • American Psychiatric Association Janssen Scholarship, 2002
    • William Webb Fellowship, 2005

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

Why It Matters: Dr. Rifai's Board Certifications

• Gastroenterology
  • Psychiatry
  • Psychosomatic Medicine
  • Transplant Hepatology

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Antisocial Personality Disorder
  • Nondependent Cocaine Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Nondependent Opioid Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Personality Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychogenic Disorders (incl. Psychogenic Pain)
  • Psychosis

• Other Education
    University of Tennessee Medical Center

Completed in 1998

• Arabic

Dr. Rifai does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rifai and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Psychiatry
  • Addiction Psychiatry
  • Geriatric Psychiatry
  • Psychosomatic Medicine

• Drug Testing
  • EEG (Electroencephalogram)
  • Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT)
  • Extended-Release Injectable Naltrexone
  • Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
  • Injection
  • Opiate Detoxification Using Buprenorphine
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)