Dr. Mufaddal Gombera, MD

Dr. Mufaddal Gombera, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMaleAge 39

Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Mufaddal Gombera, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Houston, TX. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Texas Orthopedic Hospital and Houston Methodist Hospital. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Fondren Orthopedic Group

Fondren Orthopedic Group7401 Main St Houston, TX 77030

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Gombera is affiliated with Texas Orthopedic Hospital Houston, a highly rated and top awarded hospital for orthopedic surgery.

• Practices at Top Hospital America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Joint Replacement Award™ See hospitals

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at Texas Orthopedic Hospital

Dr. Gombera's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Gombera

Dr. Gombera

Shoulder pain visit
Great visit. Everyone was very professional and thorough. He took his time and was willing to try alternative measure before cutting. Would recommend to anyone.
Dorothy – Jun 18, 2022
Great doctor!!!
I felt completely at ease. He took the time to listen to my concerns and was very patient when it came to answering my questions.
Angie – Jun 10, 2022
Grateful!
I was referred to Dr. Gombera s/p tearing my right hip labrum. This injury interfered with my activities of daily living (ADLs) to include (IADLs) of performing my job as an Occupational Therapist. I was in pain daily and limited by decreased mobility. Dr. Gombera and his team are absolutely a GODSEND. I’ve had surgery, currently receiving OP physical therapy with a huge confidence in services and protocols in place to ensure the best recovery to return me to my PLOF. Dr. Gombera, I cannot THANK you enough.
Anita Roquemore – Jun 04, 2022
Excellent orthopedist!
Explained so that I could understand the steps!
Jun 03, 2022
Wonderful and Professional Doctor
I saw Dr. Gombera after seeing two doctors that wouldn’t help me. At my first visit Dr. Gombera examined me and pretty much knew exactly where my pain was coming from. He was very friendly and professional. We got a plan together which we tried but the pain continued so he offered me surgery which was the only way to fix my problem. I had my surgery and I am feeling so much better. I would definitely recommend Dr. Gombera and his staff to all of my friends and family.
Dawn P – May 14, 2022
Dr. Gombera
I seriously couldn’t ask for a better surgeon/doctor for my hips and knee issues. Dr. Gombera, is seriously one of the best doctors. He is an amazing caring individual with every step in your medical history. He wants to get you better no matter what it takes. He has done three surgeries and someone I trust completely my life with. Dr. Gombera, even saved me during an emergency I had but made sure I felt like his top priority that day even when he was in a full day of surgeries. I have been blessed that I’m able to call him my doctor and my surgeon. I love that he emails you back personal. Dr. Gombera is really knowledgeable, and I have never felt rushed with him in the room. He is definitely friendly and professional as anytime you around him. I will keep recommending him again and over again for anyone who needs a surgeon for your hip, knee and shoulder. I’m already for my next surgery for my left hip with him as I’m still recovering from my major knee surgery with him. Thank you!
Lacie Baker – May 07, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mufaddal Gombera, MD?
While this was not my first experience with the Fondren Group and Texas Orthopedic Hospital, it was my first meeting with Dr. Gombera. Suffice to say that my high expectations were met or exceeded by Dr. Gombera and his team in every way. I found him most personable, thoroughly knowledgeable, and pleasantly personal and concerned about me and my condition. I am confidently and comfortably looking forward to being under his care.
Warren Chancellor – May 07, 2022
Highly Recommend
Upon my first meeting with Dr. Gombera I was instantly put at ease – his professionalism, expertise, and calm demeanor are everything you hope to find in a doctor. Over a seven-month period, we attempted different solves for my left hip and when all options were exhausted, I opted for surgery to fix the issues. The day of surgery – every person I came in contact with from the check-in office, prep, Dr. Gombera of course, and discharge were amazing. All experts in their respective areas and made for a great overall experience. And lastly, Dr. Gombera’s office and staff were easy to contact, quick to respond, and clearly coordinated to extend exceptional patient care end-to-end. I’d highly recommend Dr. Gombera to family and friends – and have done so already in the weeks following my post-op recovery!
Shannon M. – Apr 25, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mufaddal Gombera, MD?
Beware when dealing with hip impingement
I had bilateral hip arthroscopy surgery with Dr. Gombera in 2021. They were incomplete and not thorough in nature. My left leg felt remarkably worse than it did pre-op. I now require revision surgery after re tearing both labrums in less than 5 months. This was due to improper cam reduction, loose sutures, damage to my femoral head, and micro instability as stated by my new surgeon. I made complaints throughout the recovery period, but I was told they were common and would improve over time. I knew something was wrong so I saught a second opinion. This was even after having bilateral MRIs and X-rays post op and they came back negative claiming there was no damage and the surgery was successful. My goal of this review is not to trash doctor Gombera but to be open and honest with the experience I had with him as my care provider. When I provided an update to him after finding out I needed revision surgery the response I was given didn't show concern for my current status or what may ha
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Mar 21, 2022
First experience was good
Courteous, professional and informative.
Mar 12, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mufaddal Gombera, MD?
The diagnostic care and medical treatment plan provided by Dr. Gombera and his team were fantastic. I had seen him previously for a shoulder issue in 2018. After a cycling accident in 2021 and trying to rehabilitate via physical therapy for several months, Dr. Gombera and his team were able to work me into their surgical schedule very quickly. The surgery went very well and I am progressing with post-op therapy very slowly to allow things to heal properly. Dr. Gombera is a very down-to-earth person with fantastic bed-side manner and solid medical knowledge. He followed up with my wife multiple times to make sure my post-op plan was going well. His entire team worked closely with me through a number of difficult personal issues post-op to help things go as smoothly as possible. Dr. Gombera is the man to go to for shoulder issues!
D.Hlavinka – Feb 19, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mufaddal Gombera, MD?
Very pleased with staff and Dr. Gombera. He listens to your problems and explains procedures and further treatment options.
Feb 19, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mufaddal Gombera, MD?
This is my second time coming to Dr. Gombera. I had arthoscopic surgery for a tear in my right labrum in 2016. The surgery was a complete success. I now have a tear in my left hip and he is treating me for that. As long as Dr. Gombera is practicing medicine, I will forever be his patient. He is kind and amazing. The doctors in Lake Charles, Louisiana need to take note of how well Fondren takes care of their patients and their needs.
Rachel Garner – Feb 12, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mufaddal Gombera, MD?
Dr Gombera is a very talented dr. He knew exactly what do to fix my torn tendons on my hip. I actually had no surgical pain post op at all. I really couldn't believe it. I will definitely use him again because I have a problem with my shoulder as well. I trust him completely! You will be in good hands.
Paula P – Feb 11, 2022
Highly recommend Dr. Gombera
I suffered a badly torn meniscus in my right knee and was essentially shut down physically. Dr. Gombera fixed the problem. I was almost fully functional within just 2 weeks after surgery and am nearly back to my pre-injury condition within 6 weeks after surgery. Truly amazing! Dr. Gombera and his team, including his Physician Assistant Sarah, provided excellent, efficient, and timely care. The surgery and MRI were performed at Texas Orthopedic Hospital, which was also excellent in all regards. I highly recommend Dr. Gombera and his team!
Ken S. – Feb 03, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mufaddal Gombera, MD?
Dr Gombera was not rushed and gave me the time I needed to understand the treatment options that were available for my condition. I will definitely continue seeing him and refer other patients to him.
Paulette Zann Chavez – Dec 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mufaddal Gombera, MD?
Dr. Gombera surpassed my expectations. He really listens to patients and looks for options that are aligned with the patient's concerns. He shows a lot of respect for patients. He is smart and up to date with new as well as traditional treatments. He is super pleasant and has a great sense of humor. I went to see him after seeing 2 other awful specialists. Finally, I was in good, respectful, and smart hands! He set up a plan of action, which successfully tackled and SOLVED my issue. I highly recommend him.
Nov 28, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mufaddal Gombera, MD?
I would gladly refer my family and friends to Dr. Gombera (and I have). He is not only a skilled physician, but an attentive listener. He is agreeable to try alternative treatment before recommending surgery. I give Dr. Gombera a 5 star review.
Paula Shapiro – Nov 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mufaddal Gombera, MD?
Very satisfied. The doctor was excellent. Professional and very friendly. Would highly recommend him
Jul 17, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mufaddal Gombera, MD?
This was my first visit and I got xrays and enough to to get to know the doctor and get pain treatment. He answered my questions didnt judge me and offered me other options in treatment.
Magdalena Dias – Jul 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mufaddal Gombera, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Gombera?