Dr. Morris Wortman, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology •  Male • Age 69

Dr. Wortman

Center/Menstrual Dsrdrs/Repro

2020 S Clinton Ave Rochester, NY 14618

Dr. Morris Wortman, MD is a Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialist in Rochester, NY and has over 44 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Wortman has more experience with Gynecologic Care than other specialists in his area. He graduated from University Of Rochester medical school in 1976. He is affiliated with Highland Hospital. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Wortman to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction

Dr. Wortman accepts

Dr. Wortman accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
MVP Health Care HMO
MVP Health Care PPO

No malpractice claims found for New York

Frequently Treated by Dr. Wortman

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Wortman treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Wortman treats other conditions, please contact the office at (585) 473-8770.

Gynecologic Care

Gyncologists diagnose and treat conditions that affect any part of the female reproductive system, such as vaginitis, uterine fibroids, endometriosis, or polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS).Compare with other Gynecologic Care specialists.

Typically treats 70% more than similar doctors

• Asymptomatic Post-Menopausal Status
  • Blood Disorders
  • Breast Pain
  • Cholesterol Screening
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Dilation and Curettage
  • Vaginosis Screening

Dr. Wortman's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Wortman

Dr. Wortman?
I had endometrial ablation in '14. By mid '16, I was in agony, monthly, for 2-4 days. The pain was so bad it would bring me to my knees. My GYN, in Ohio, wanted to give me a hysterectomy. This is something my mother strongly advised me against after her own experience. I started researching failed ablations & found Dr. Wortman. After speaking directly to him, I learned, (& understood!) about the procedure he employs & how it corrects failed ablations. It made sense to me. I told my doc I planned to go to NY for this procedure. She called another doc for his opinion because she “didn’t like” how this sounded. THEN, she tells me the doc she called would repeat the ablation! WHY would I want to do that again??? To say I was disappointed in my doc is an understatement. I felt like it was an attempt to keep the $ at their facility, regardless of the aftermath for ME. A trip to beautiful Rochester, NY, & 4-years later, no pain and NO HYSTERECTOMY! Dr. Wortman & staff, THANK YOU!!!!!!
Patty McGill – Jul 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Morris Wortman, MD?
I think they are amazing I felt so comfortably it was my first time seeing them and everyone was wonderful thank u all so much
Shawna White – May 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Morris Wortman, MD?
I struggled for years with extremely heavy periods and was told the only solution was a hysterectomy. Having friends who had hysterectomies only to trade their heavy periods in for other problems, caused me to avoid that route. Once I had my first consultation with Dr. Wortman, I've never left his practice. I have had two procedures in the past two years that have completely changed my life, with no hysterectomy needed (or even a hospital visit). Even for yearly exams, you will love the attention you'll receive. Being able to have a vaginal ultrasound with the doctor telling you exactly what is going on in the process, is invaluable. The best part of this practice is the amazing staff. The atmosphere is one of family; every member being kind, compassionate, and caring to each other and their patients. My only regret is not finding Dr. Wortman and this family sooner!
Peggy D. – Nov 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Morris Wortman, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Morris Wortman, MD. Other than marrying my husband & having my children, choosing to have the endomyometrial resection & simultaneous removal of multiple fibroids & polyps, is the best decision I have made for myself. My gynecologist had recommended an ablation and D&C. The unaffordability of the procedure, led me to do research to find out if the cost of having an ablation out of state would be cheaper. That research led me to The Center for Menstrual Disorders. After reviewing the information on the CMDRC website, & talking with other women who have experienced ablation failures, I scheduled a consultation with Dr. Wortman. I value the time that Dr. Wortman spent with me & my husband during the consultation: explaining both the benefits & risk of the surgery & answering the questions we had. That time & interaction, helped me make an informed decision to have the surgery. Dr. Wortman (and his team) are professional, knowledgeable, competent & skilled.
Apr 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Morris Wortman, MD?
Myself: heavy debilitating periods from age 12 (7-9 days, every 28-29 days, uncontrollable pain first 1-2 days, etc), strong forward personality. Experience: Dr. Wortman, Rebecca, Marcia and Katherine were amazing (everyone I interacted with). I was happy to be a candidate for his Endomyometrial Resection procedure vs "the hysterectomy" I was "now" (by age) a candidate for. Both my husband & I appreciated his directness, he would listen, but guide the conversation. Hoping for a pain-less future
Renee in KS – Dec 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Morris Wortman, MD?
I am very satisfied with Dr. Wortman and his staff. I suffered for almost 3 years from increasingly frequent excruciating labor like pelvic pain after a failed ablation. My local Ob/Gyn offered me birth control or a hysterectomy. I opted for birth control which only helped initially. After I began to pass out from the pain, she performed an unsuccessful laparoscopic surgery. I finally traveled from Pensacola, FL to Rochester, NY for the RHS surgery. My quality of life is greatly improved.
Penscola , FL – Sep 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Morris Wortman, MD?
3 annual visits, never saw the doctor. Asked multiple times to get recommended additional screenings for breast cancer. RN/Amy's comment? "Screenings for what? STDs?" Um, no. Then, said I need to stay on the pill until my hubby gets vasectomy in Nov. Was refused by Amy. When asked what to do until then? Comment was "You're less fertile as you get older." Called today asked to speak with Dr. Response was Amy called and said I was being dropped as a patient. Disgusting. Filed complaint w BCBS
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
IrishGirl in Rochester, NY – Aug 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Morris Wortman, MD?
Very friendly and professional staff. They have a welcoming environment. You are not just sitting in the office waiting they are also very punctual. They are very knowledgeable and informative.
May 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Morris Wortman, MD?
Dr. Wortman is a very honest Dr and cares about his patients. I left the practice because I wanted a place closer to home. I have now returned to the practice and won't go anywhere else. Very professional and all the nurses are very professional and everyone treats you great. I highly recommend Dr Wortman and his staff!
Kimberly in Clifton Springs – Aug 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Morris Wortman, MD?
I went to Dr. Wortman over 15 years ago after other doctors could not help me. At that time I was going through menopause and had medical issues. When I called his office for my first appointment, his staff was kind and understanding and gave me an appointment that very week. Dr. Wortman took the time discuss my health issues and explained every option available. He is a wise doctor and saved me for having a hysterectomy. I'm forever grateful that he is my doctor.
Annette Polizzi in Rochester, NY – Feb 22, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Morris Wortman, MD?
I feel Dr. Wortman and his staff are just wonderful. From the moment I walked in the door I could see the professionalism and sense they truly care about their patient. From the very start Dr. Wortman set the right expectation. I knew how to prepare and what to expect before, during, and after the surgical procedure. Dr. Wortman and his staff are #1 in my book!
Kimberly Palumbo in Rochester, NY – Feb 04, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Morris Wortman, MD?
Dr. Wortman and his entire staff were absolutely wonderful. They were kind, patient and so accommodating.
Shana Lydon in Rochester, NY – Jan 27, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Morris Wortman, MD?
Dr. Wortman was really down to earth he was able to break all the medical term down so you're able to understand and he walked you through all the procedures
Beverly Jones in Rochester, New York – Jan 21, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Morris Wortman, MD?
Since I've been under the care of Dr. Wortman, my quality of life has improved tremendously. When another doctor told me that my only option for relief from fibroids was a hysterectomy, Dr. Wortman was willing to explore other options. He not only resolved my problems, but made me feel as if I was cared about and completely informed about my condition and procedures. I would highly recommend Dr. Wortman to any woman with uterine fibroids or other menstrusl problems.
Shawnna – Dec 31, 2015
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Morris Wortman, MD?
Dr. Wortman has given me my life back. He is a true professional who cares for his patients health and well being. I have signed on as a regular patient. Behind every great Doctor is an amazing staff. I have recommened Dr Wortman to my family and friend.
Lynn M Vigerzi in Rochester, NY – Dec 20, 2015
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Morris Wortman, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Wortman?

As a gynecologist who specializes in menstrual disorders and the care of women I strongly believe in educating our clients and offering the highest level...Read more

• Obstetrics & Gynecology