Dr. Morris Wortman, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology ·  Male · Age 68

Dr. Wortman

Center/Menstrual Dsrdrs/Repro

2020 Clinton Ave S Rochester, NY 14618

Dr. Morris Wortman, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology specialist in Rochester, NY and has been practicing for 39 years. He graduated from University Of Rochester in 1976 and specializes in obstetrics & gynecology, gynecology, and more.

Dr. Wortman accepts

Dr. Wortman accepts the following insurance:

EmblemHealth

• Asymptomatic Post-Menopausal Status
  • Blood Disorders
  • Breast Pain
  • Cholesterol Screening
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Dilation and Curettage

4.37956204379562%

Dr. Wortman?
Dr. Wortman's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Morris Wortman, MD
I highly recommend Dr. Morris Wortman, MD. Other than marrying my husband & having my children, choosing to have the endomyometrial resection & simultaneous removal of multiple fibroids & polyps, is the best decision I have made for myself. My gynecologist had recommended an ablation and D&C. The unaffordability of the procedure, led me to do research to find out if the cost of having an ablation out of state would be cheaper. That research led me to The Center for Menstrual Disorders. After reviewing the information on the CMDRC website, & talking with other women who have experienced ablation failures, I scheduled a consultation with Dr. Wortman. I value the time that Dr. Wortman spent with me & my husband during the consultation: explaining both the benefits & risk of the surgery & answering the questions we had. That time & interaction, helped me make an informed decision to have the surgery. Dr. Wortman (and his team) are professional, knowledgeable, competent & skilled.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Morris Wortman, MD?
Myself: heavy debilitating periods from age 12 (7-9 days, every 28-29 days, uncontrollable pain first 1-2 days, etc), strong forward personality. Experience: Dr. Wortman, Rebecca, Marcia and Katherine were amazing (everyone I interacted with). I was happy to be a candidate for his Endomyometrial Resection procedure vs "the hysterectomy" I was "now" (by age) a candidate for. Both my husband & I appreciated his directness, he would listen, but guide the conversation. Hoping for a pain-less future
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Morris Wortman, MD?
I am very satisfied with Dr. Wortman and his staff. I suffered for almost 3 years from increasingly frequent excruciating labor like pelvic pain after a failed ablation. My local Ob/Gyn offered me birth control or a hysterectomy. I opted for birth control which only helped initially. After I began to pass out from the pain, she performed an unsuccessful laparoscopic surgery. I finally traveled from Pensacola, FL to Rochester, NY for the RHS surgery. My quality of life is greatly improved.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Morris Wortman, MD?
3 annual visits, never saw the doctor. Asked multiple times to get recommended additional screenings for breast cancer. RN/Amy's comment? "Screenings for what? STDs?" Um, no. Then, said I need to stay on the pill until my hubby gets vasectomy in Nov. Was refused by Amy. When asked what to do until then? Comment was "You're less fertile as you get older." Called today asked to speak with Dr. Response was Amy called and said I was being dropped as a patient. Disgusting. Filed complaint w BCBS
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Morris Wortman, MD?
Very friendly and professional staff. They have a welcoming environment. You are not just sitting in the office waiting they are also very punctual. They are very knowledgeable and informative.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Morris Wortman, MD?
Dr. Wortman is a very honest Dr and cares about his patients. I left the practice because I wanted a place closer to home. I have now returned to the practice and won't go anywhere else. Very professional and all the nurses are very professional and everyone treats you great. I highly recommend Dr Wortman and his staff!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Morris Wortman, MD?
I went to Dr. Wortman over 15 years ago after other doctors could not help me. At that time I was going through menopause and had medical issues. When I called his office for my first appointment, his staff was kind and understanding and gave me an appointment that very week. Dr. Wortman took the time discuss my health issues and explained every option available. He is a wise doctor and saved me for having a hysterectomy. I'm forever grateful that he is my doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Morris Wortman, MD?
I feel Dr. Wortman and his staff are just wonderful. From the moment I walked in the door I could see the professionalism and sense they truly care about their patient. From the very start Dr. Wortman set the right expectation. I knew how to prepare and what to expect before, during, and after the surgical procedure. Dr. Wortman and his staff are #1 in my book!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Morris Wortman, MD?
Dr. Wortman and his entire staff were absolutely wonderful. They were kind, patient and so accommodating.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Morris Wortman, MD?
Dr. Wortman was really down to earth he was able to break all the medical term down so you're able to understand and he walked you through all the procedures
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Morris Wortman, MD?
Since I've been under the care of Dr. Wortman, my quality of life has improved tremendously. When another doctor told me that my only option for relief from fibroids was a hysterectomy, Dr. Wortman was willing to explore other options. He not only resolved my problems, but made me feel as if I was cared about and completely informed about my condition and procedures. I would highly recommend Dr. Wortman to any woman with uterine fibroids or other menstrusl problems.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Morris Wortman, MD?
Dr. Wortman has given me my life back. He is a true professional who cares for his patients health and well being. I have signed on as a regular patient. Behind every great Doctor is an amazing staff. I have recommened Dr Wortman to my family and friend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Morris Wortman, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Wortman?

As a gynecologist who specializes in menstrual disorders and the care of women I strongly believe in educating our clients and offering the highest level of care. We pride ourselves in a team-oriented approach to minimally invasive interventions for ...

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

1977
1976
1972

• Yiddish

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Wortman treats patients.

Highland Hospital