Dr. Morgan Chen, MD

Dr. Morgan Chen, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Male
Dr. Morgan Chen, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in East Setauket, NY. He has been practicing for 14 years. Read his story

6 Technology Dr Ste 100

East Setauket, NY 11733

• Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • EBS-RMSCO
  • EmblemHealth
  • Locals (any local)
  • MagnaCare

Learn about Dr. Chen

See how frequently Dr. Chen performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Low Back Pain
Back Pain
Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Chen's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Chen's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Chen "Dr. Morgan Chen is a board certified orthopedic surgeon specializing in the surgical treatment of the spine. He utilizes the newest and most minimally invasive procedures to correct disorders of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine. He is an Assistant Clinical Professor of Orthopedic Surgery at Mount Sinai Hospital and a Clinical Assistant Professor of Surgery at the College of Osteopathic Medicine at the New York Institute of Technology. Dr. Chen is a recognized leader in the field of spine surgery and often serves as faculty on courses to teach the newest surgical techniques. He is consistently honored with the Patient's Choice Award, Compassionate Doctor Award and is recognized as a Top 10 Doctor by Vitals. Dr. Chen graduated summa cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa from Boston University. He received his medical degree from the Boston University School of Medicine where he was inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha medical honor society. He was trained in orthopedic surgery in New York City at the Mount Sinai Hospital. Dr. Chen then completed a fellowship in spine surgery at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center where he learned the latest and most innovative procedures in spine surgery. He is an active member of the North American Spine Society and American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and has authored several textbook chapters and articles in the field of spine surgery. Dr. Chen specializes in the treatment of spinal disorders including herniated disc of the cervical and lumbar spine., degenerative disc diseases, spinal stenosis, spondylolisthesis, scoliosis, fractures and tumors. He has a particular interest in minimally invasive surgery, microsurgery, and motion preserving procedures of the cervical and lumbar spine. Dr. Chen and the Spine Team at Saint Charles Hospital have recently been featured in the MD News magazine."

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Gout
  • Hip Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hip Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Hip Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Closed
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Fracture Treatment
  • Synovial Biopsy

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Boston University School of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2003
  • Mount Sinai Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2004
  • Mount Sinai Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2008
  • University of Pittsburgh - Presbyterian Shadyside
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2009

Dr. Chen has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Chen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Chen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Chen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Chen to family and friends
Dr. Chen's Performance
I went to see Dr. Chen today with my mom. She was in a mva in which she sustained a fracture to her L1 transverse process . I agree with all of the wonderful reviews others had written. From the moment he walked in the door I knew this was the doctor for my mom. His bedside manner was excellent and he took the time to explain why my mom was feeling pain and reassured her she was going to be ok. He is extremely knowledgeable and answered all of our questions! I would highly recommend him!
in Patchogue, NY |
I came to Dr. Chen on a referral from a friend. Upon meeting him and his staff I was very happy to have him perform a surgery on me two days after our initial consult. He was extremely easy to talk to and was very confident on how to correct my issue. I came to him with a herniated disc, sciatica and drop foot. Immediately after surgery I was pain free in my back and leg. Two weeks after surgery I walked into his office for my follow-up visit as if I never had an issue. I highly recommend!
in mt. sinai |
Dr. Chen is by far one the kindest, respectful,very competent, doctors I have had the pleasure of meeting . He treated me as if I was a old family member, a cousin, his best friend in college.....do you get my point. The doctor cant be nicer. It takes 4-5 months to find a doctor who you know is going to open your back up and do major work. I began this process in May '16 meeting many types of doctors/hospitals. Dr. Chen performed a spinal stenosis fusion on L4 and L5. I'm very happy
in Sag Harbor, NY |
Courteous. He knew exactly what was wrong in my spine. He predicted the MRI to perfection. Everything was fixed. Can live again. Very thorough. Perfect.
in Smithtown, NY |
I was experiencing painful cramps and tightening in my left calf and pain in my left buttock, for app. 9 months. Dr. Chen analyzed my MRI and suggested a Laminectomy/Micro-Discectomy to relieve the pressure on my L5--S1 nerve roots. Surgery was performed, and after app. 1 month, the pain has been greatly reduced, as I am able to gradually resume my daily activities. Dr. Chen and his staff were very supportive and informative, and answered all our concerns. I would recommend Dr. Chen !
in Selden, NY |
Had lower back surgery with Dr. Chen. Found him to be very professional and understanding. Easy to talk to and explains everything involved with the surgery. Great bed side manner. Have chosen him to do a second surgery needed to complete my problem.
in Mastic, NY |
DR. Chen Fixed me!!! I was in the worst pain of my life my c5-c6 disc was impinging on my spinal cord and causing me to shake 24hrs a day. After the MRI Dr. Chen sat my wife and i down and went over my entire spin explaining to me exactly what i need to have done as well his confidence that he was going to get ahead of this. I went into surgery on a Monday and was walking out on Tuesday afternoon pain free shaking stopped. Words can not express how grateful I am for Dr. Chen and his staff!!
Have you seen Dr. Morgan Chen, MD?
Are you Dr. Chen?

See our Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at NYU Winthrop Hospital

Visit Dr. Chen

Dr. Chen accepts 11 insurance carriers
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
    Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO
  • EBS-RMSCO
    Emblem Health
  • Locals (any local)
  • MagnaCare
    MagnaCare PPO
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)

Hospitals where Dr. Chen has admitting privileges