Urology  |
Dr. Monish Aron, MD
Dr. Aron is an expert in robotic, laparoscopic, and belly-button surgery for diseases of the adrenal, kidney, ureter, bladder and prostate. Dr. Aron has received training in urology at premier institutions in India, Australia and the United States. He received fellowship-training in advanced laparoscopy and robotics at the Cleveland Clinic under Dr. Inderbir Gill, the world leader in minimally invasive urological surgery. Dr. Aron comes to USC from the Cleveland Clinic, where he served on the Urology Faculty as a laparoscopic and robotic specialist. Dr. Aron has received numerous acclaimed awards including the GB Ong Medal from the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, as well as several awards for his scientific presentations and surgical videos at the American Urological Association Congress. Dr. Aron has published extensively (>150 publications) and serves as referee for six leading urological journals, including Editorial Board appointments for two journals. Dr. Aron has played a pioneering role in the development of robotic kidney surgery, single incision laparoscopic and robotic belly button surgery, as well as research in NOTES transvaginal nephrectomy. Dr. Aron has been invited to various national and international institutions to demonstrate minimally invasive and belly button laparoscopic surgery.

1441 EASTLAKE AVE

Los Angeles, CA 90089

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Blue Shield of California
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Health Net
  • Kaiser Permanente

Learn about Dr. Aron

See how frequently Dr. Aron performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Complete Nephrectomy With Robotic Assistance
Urinary Disorders
Prostatectomy With Robotic Assistance

Dr. Aron's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Aron "This institute is comprised of more than 60 faculty researchers, surgeons, oncologists, residents and post-graduate fellows. All are committed to achieving excellence in patient care, advancing medicine and educating the physicians of tomorrow through resident and fellowship programs."

• Urology
  • Robotic Surgery
  • Urologic Oncology

Dr. Aron does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adrenal Gland Cancer
  • Balanoposthitis
  • Bladder Atony
  • Bladder Cancer
  • Bladder Diverticulum
  • Bladder Stones
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Bone Cancer
  • Central Nervous System Lymphoma
  • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Familial Renal Cancer

• Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Partial Cystectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Partial Nephrectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Pelvic Exenteration (For: Gynecologic, Urinary, or Colorectal Malignancy)
  • Percutaneous Destruction of Kidney Lesion
  • Ultrasound-Guided Biopsy
  • Ureteroneocystostomy
  • Ureteroneocystostomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Urinary Bladder Reconstruction With Robotic Assistance

No malpractice history found for California.

• Sn Medical College
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland Oh
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2008

Dr. Aron has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Aron has no media or publications listed.

• Hindi

Dr. Aron does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Aron and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Aron's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Aron to family and friends
Dr. Aron's Performance
in Pearblossom, CA |
My name is Charles Colvin, and I recently had a simple robotic prostetectomy at Keck Hospital of USC. The surgery went very well, and my recovery has progressed without any complications. I have regained my urinary flow after several years of it progressively deteriating. I am very pleased with the outcome of the surgery, and recommend it to anyone needing prostate surgery. Dr. Aron now offers this surgery to Antelope Valley, California residence men, and I wholeheartedly support him.
I am an 88 year old female who had my left kidney removed by Dr. Aron due to kidney cancer. He was able to do it robotically and I was amazed at how quickly I recovered. I left the hospital on post operative day 4 and had no pain after day seven. My family and I were so impressed by Dr. Aron's compassion at every visit. His staff and everyone at USC was so helpful.
in Brea, CA |
Dr Aron is an excellent Dr who came highly recommended by 2 different physicians. He was able to perform a partial nephrectomy on my R kidney from the back which very few Drs do . This was done robotically which left me with minimal discomfort and a very rapid post surgical recovery. I can't emphasize enough how comfortable I felt in the hands of a highly skilled and compassionate surgeon. I also was extremely happy with his staff of caring and knowledgible Drs and nurses while I was healing.
in Sherman Oaks, CA |
I am writing this review to express my sincerest appreciation to Dr Monish Aron and his surgical team, which skillfully performed my Robotic Radical Prostatectomy in February of 2017. Beforehand, Dr. Aron took his time to thoroughly explain all the options available to cure my prostate cancer and answer all my questions . Rest assured, you're in good hands with Dr. Aron! Additionally, I am extremely pleased with the outstanding care I received while at Keck Hospital of USC. Many thanks!
in Temple city, CA |
I had a postectomy done by Dr Aron six months ago, I am very pleased with Dr Aron. My psi level is at 0 after 3 month, and I am diaper free as of current. He is an excellent surgeon, very professional and caring. From one surgeon to another, great job Dr Aron!
in Los Angeles, CA |
Simply put, Dr. Monish Aron saved my life in 2015. He epitomizes everything a person could want in their physician. He does everything within his power to ensure that your insurance pays for any and all diagnostic tests that need to be completed to properly diagnose and treat what ails you. He demonstrates through his action a tremendous level of care for his patient and their well being. He is a world class surgeon. I'm eternally grateful to Dr. Aron and his entire team.
in Bakersfield, CA |
Dr. Aron was great he was very compassionate when speaking to me about my upcoming surgery. He put a smile on my face even though I was going through something difficult. He was positive about my health and made me feel important when he was talking to me about my health. He removed my kidney and I have to say I am now recuperating and cancer free. thank you Dr. Aron
in San Juan Capistrano, CA |
Dr. Aron performed a Simple prostate removal due to my extremely enlarged prostate gland. The surgery robotically done in which the inside of the gland is removed so that the outside-much like an orange w/o the fruit-is left -allowing it to eventually shrink and eliminating some severe urinary issues I had. Highly recommended for anyone having this issue.
in Ventura, CA |
Dr. Aron removed my bladder and prostate in March of 2016. At first he said I would need chemo and radiation. He studied my case for a couple of weeks and decided he could remove my bladder and get all the cancer without going through chemo. My tumor was taking up approximately 75% of my bladder. I have had two follow ups and so far my reports have been cancer free. Dr. Aron was very through about telling me what to expect in language that a layman could easily understand. He is excellent.
in Orange, CA |
On March 2, 2016 I underwent a partial nephrectomy of my left kidney. The operation was performed robotically by Dr. Monish Aron and his team. Due to outstanding work by Dr. Aron and his associates, he was able to remove all of the malignant tissue and save 78% of my kidney. Dr. Aron is an outstanding surgeon with impeccable credentials. To anyone facing the possibility of a nephrectomy and searching for a surgeon, I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Aron.
in Los Angeles, CA |
He is the best doctor ever I had experienced. Friendly environment and positive attitude of Dr. Aron and his medical staff made my every visit special.
in Sherman Oaks, CA |
Dr. Aron is an excellent doctor and surgeon and takes his work very seriously. Dr. Aron performed a Robotic Partial Nephrectomy to remove a tumor in my left kidney. Recovery was much faster than anticipated. I highly recommend him.
in Los Angeles, CA |
Sonia F Dr. Monish Aron saved my life! I had kidney cancer on my left kidney & had to have it removed. The procedure was a complete success, and had zero complications. I can't thank Dr. Aron enough for the expert service and for doing such a great job on me. my follow ups with him were wonderful all times. he takes time to hear your questions & concerns, I would recommend Dr. Aron and his staff to anyone I know that ever needed a procedure like mine, Thank GOD 4 Dr.Monish
in Arcadia, CA |
I had a Robotic Partial Nephrectomy performed by Dr. Aron (and his team) to remove a tumor in my right kidney. The surgery took less than 2 hours and went smoothly without a hitch. Dr. Aron saved 90% of my right kidney (I have 5 small incisions on my belly). I was out of the patient bed walking around the second day and discharged from the hospital the third day. So far, I have no problems whatsoever with the surgery.
in Whittier, CA |
Dr. Aron saved my life! I had kidney cancer and had to have my kidney removed. The procedure was a complete success, I went home the next day after the operation and had zero complications. I can't thank Dr. Aron enough for the expert service and for doing such a great job on me. I had 2 follow ups with him and he was wonderful both times. I would recommend him and his staff to anyone I know that ever needed a procedure like I did.
in Palmdale, CA |
I work in the medical field and I have found Dr. Aron to be professional, friendly, caring and most of all he listens and takes the time to explain your care in terms the average patient can understand. Dr. Aron treated me for prostate cancer and I believe he saved my life.
in San Gabriel, CA |
Dr. Aron performed a big surgery on me. He removed my right kidney after the biopsy confirmed that a cancer tumor is inside. He requested stress test before the surgery to make sure my heart is OK. He followed up with me at the hospital after the surgery. My surgical wound is closed in two weeks, and the cancer cells didn't spread. Thank Dr. Aron for his excellent and prompt service with love and care for his patient.
in Alhambra, California |
He takes life very serious. Especially when he has your life in his hands.
in Whittier, CA |
My local internist referred me on to a local urologist who then referred me on to a hematologist. My hematologist felt strongly that the go-to doctor, when all others cannot pin-point the urology problem in Southern California was Dr. Aron. I had no trouble making an appointment, his demeanor immediately put me at ease, I felt assured I was in the right place and after further analysis we (Dr. Aron and I) had a plan going forth. Outstanding and talented professional. Great reputation! C
in Los Angeles, CA |
Dr. Monish is a excellent doctor. I felt i could trust him immediately and I wasn't wrong. I am a Jehovah's Witness and I required a surgery with no blood transfusions. He worked with me every step of the way to make me feel comfortable with the whole procedure. He had no problem doing the surgery without the use of blood. He has done the same for many others with the same requests. I had a prostate surgery and two months later I feel great. I highly recommend him.
in Seal Beach, CA |
I am happy to share my feelings about my urologist, Dr Monish Aron. Three weeks ago I had surgery at USC Institute of Urology. Dr Aron had prepared me with knowledge of what he intended to do, and his expectations of the success of the surgery. My recovery was much faster than anticipated.
in Sherman Oaks, CA |
Excellent doctor and surgeon, but also very personable, with an excellent bedside manner. Took the time to patiently answer all my questions, follow-up with me, and make me feel very comfortable and confident with his treatment.
in Alhambra, CA |
Dr. Aron is one of the best doctors I ever have. He is frank about giving good advice and is not pushy at all. He is also a very decent man. He relates well to the patient and is very sincere. Would recommend him to anyone who has prostate issues. One of the best!!
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. Monish Aron is the number one Urologist in the United States if not the world. I was perhaps one of the most difficult case (prostatectomy) that he has done. After all said and done 10 hours of surgery. He is compassionate, understanding, and one of the most kind physicians I have ever come across. He truly has his patients at heart. We travel from Las Vegas, NV to USC just to see him and have him do my surgery. His staff at the hospital, PA Juan and others and in the office are fantastic.
in Los Angeles, CA |
Dr. Aron is a fantastic Doctor in every way. Great Bedside manner. Appointments with him always run on time. He is very thorough with explaining everything. I had a kidney operation and i was surprised that I had no pain after the surgery. I never felt the need to take a single pain pill. Dr. Aron is an outstanding Doctor.
in Lancaster, CA |
Hello, a moment please, so I can praise my Urologist and Surgeon, Dr. Monish Aron, who?s residency is at Keck Medical at USC in Los Angeles. A marvelous Doctor whom I owe much of my good health to. Who has guided me through a journey from Bladder Cancer unto the Cancer free conclusion I now enjoy. Who?s obvious knowledge and talent of the medical field and the given situation has given me the confidence and the hope and strength I needed to continue through my delicate trip. Tks, GJS
Have you seen Dr. Monish Aron, MD?
Are you Dr. Aron?

Select PPO
  • Blue Shield of California
    Access Plus Savenet
    Basic PPO
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA