Dr. Monica Van Acker, DO

Dr. Monica Van Acker, DO

Dermatology  ·
Female

Contact for availability

Dr. Monica Van Acker, DO is a dermatologist in East Lansing, MI. She specializes in dermatology and cosmetic dermatology.Read her story

Forefront Dermatology - East Lansing

2601 Coolidge Rd Ste 200

East Lansing, MI 48823

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Michigan

Check Dr. Van Acker's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Van Acker's conditions and procedures:

• Acne
  • Acne Scar Removal
  • Acne Treatment
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Adult Acne
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Hair Loss
  • Hidradenitis
  • Lichen Planus
  • Metastatic Skin Cancer
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Pemphigus
  • Skin Infections
  • Telogen Effluvium
  • Varicose Veins
  • Warts

I strive to see patients within a reasonable time frame to immediately address their presenting problems and provide exceptional treatment when diagnosed with chronic conditions.

• Dermatology
  • Cosmetic Dermatology

• American Society for Dermatological Surgery Conference Scholarship, 2011
  • Michigan Dermatology Society Research Award, 2016
  • Women’s Dermatology Society Mentorship Award with Murad Alam MD, 2015
  • Michigan Dermatology Society Research Award, 2015
  • American Society for Dermatological Surgery Conference Scholarship, 2015
  • National American College of Physicians Conference, 1st place investigational research, 2010
  • Mercy Hospital Resident Research Day Best Case Presentation, 2018
  • American Osteopathic College of Dermatology Research Award, 2015
  • American Society for Dermatological Surgery Conference Scholarship, 2010
  • American Academy of Dermatology Everett C. Fox Memorial Research Award, 2016
  • Friendship Memorial Scholarship for pre-professional achievements, 2010
  • Saint Joseph Mercy Hospital Resident Research Day Best Case Presentation, 2018

Dr. Van Acker's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Van Acker

Dr. Van Acker?
Dr. Van Acker's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Monica Van Acker, DO
I was very pleased with my experience with Dr. Van Akers. I have a new diagnosis of psoriatic arthritis and she was informed, had recently attended a multi-disciplinary conference on the topic and was able to provide me with expertise and direction. I'm happy we have her in our area!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Monica Van Acker, DO?
Very professional and knowledgeable about skincare I would highly recommend Dr Van Acker to anyone
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Monica Van Acker, DO?
She is so thoughtful and competent!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Monica Van Acker, DO?
During our first two visits, Dr. Van Acker proved to be very personable, knowledgeable, and helpful to me and my husband.
Very thorough with exam.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Monica Van Acker, DO?
I would not only recommend Dr. Van Acker, I already have shared my positive experience with two friends. Dr. Van Acker was professional, friendly, knowledgeable, and kind to both me and her assistant. She took the time to get to know me as a person. Her energy and passion for her profession made me glad that she is my new dermatologist. Dr. Van Acker asked questions, listened, and explained what she was doing, preparing me mentally and physically throughout my exam. She shared information as she preformed the exam. She recommended products, and when the doctor left the room, her assistant found the website on her computer to show me the spf misting sunscreen that Dr. Van Acker uses over her makeup. At the end of my enjoyable time with Dr. Van Acker, she discussed possible follow up appointments for the Fall. Her assistant scheduled my appointment before I left the room! I look forward to my next appointment! Her positive energy made me feel so happy to be there!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Monica Van Acker, DO?
Professional, respectful, competent, patient-centered practice. Very satisfied.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Monica Van Acker, DO?
She was clear, helpful, and asked if I had questions. Forefront Derm has always been punctual and on time since I’ve been a patient there. Very little wait time in the waiting area and in the room before the doc comes in. I have also seen good results from their treatment plan. Two thumbs up!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Monica Van Acker, DO?
Dr. Van Acker was very professional in evaluating me for any possible skin cancer issues. I also had concerns about a small rash and she prescribed an ointment for this condition which should alleviate the problem. I would highly recommend her for any dermatology issues.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Monica Van Acker, DO?
Great first experience with the Doctor and Colleen. Thorough and professional yet genuine and friendly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Monica Van Acker, DO?
Very pleasant, very enthusiastic, seems to really know what she is doing!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Monica Van Acker, DO?
I would highly recommend her. She worked me in to see a problem area even though I was late for my appointment. I liked her personality and demeanor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Monica Van Acker, DO?
I thought that Dr. Van Acker was very thorough in the exam, very informative, and friendly. She is very nice and very professional.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Monica Van Acker, DO?
As a retired person, who has worked in the medical field for 38 years, this dermatologist, exceeds the expectations of anyone seeking answers to problems of their skin. She is very personal, listens to your concerns, and provides a plan to follow. Of all the dermatologists, I know in my career, Dr. Van Acker provides a fresh approach to the field of Dermatology, along with caring personally for your individual problems of the skin.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Monica Van Acker, DO?
I've been to a 3 other dermatologists. None were worth going back to. Dr. VanAcker was great. Very personable, knowledgeable, and took time with me. Explains things well. Is proactive.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Monica Van Acker, DO?
Dr. Van Acker is very professional and thorough while being very personable and making one feel completely comfortable.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Monica Van Acker, DO?
Dr. Van Acker was so friendly, and so professional. I went in for a mole check and felt that she did a great job. I have gone to others who have barely looked at my skin. So it was nice to feel as though she didn't miss anything!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Monica Van Acker, DO?
I'm really pleased with my experience. It's not easy replacing a legend like Mitch Rinek but now I see why he was so high on her abilities. Looks like the community has another keeper.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Monica Van Acker, DO?
She was very thorough and friendly. Felt confident that she took her time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Monica Van Acker, DO?
She's wonderful. I'd been a patient of Dr. Rinek for 60 years. I was reluctant to have a new doctor. That is no longer the case. She is very pleasant, personable, upbeat and comforting. She wanted one of my many moles, which I was more than willing to give her. No cancer. Glad she had it checked. Look forward to returning next year for my next mole check. No more apprehension to return.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Van Acker?