Dr. Monica Arora, MD

Child & Adolescent PsychiatryFemaleAge 47

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

Dr. Monica Arora, MD is a Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialist in Omaha, NE and has over 24 years of experience in the medical field. She graduated from Grant Medical College, Maharashtra University Of Health Sciences medical school in 1998. She is affiliated with Chi Health Immanuel. Her office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Monica Arora, MD
6829 N 72nd St Ste 4300 Omaha, NE 68122
Telehealth services available

Telehealth services available

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Offers Telehealth

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Nebraska

Check Dr. Arora's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Arora's conditions and procedures:

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)

Dr. Arora accepts

Dr. Arora accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO

Dr. Arora's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Arora

2.1

Dr. Arora

I was 14 the first time I met dr. Arora. This was four years ago. I was in such a vulnerable state and trying to process through trauma that I didn't even understand yet. All that I was met with was cruelty. At my second visit to immanuel (still 14) I was extremely suicidal and was just trying to get someone to listen to me. Dr Arora accused me of lying and being manipulative and looking for attention because I "seemed happy." She then isolated me from the rest of the group when I told her I wasn't lying and I was no longer allowed to go to group therapy sessions or communicate with other patients, leaving me more isolated. She also told me that "kids like me were the reason that she preferred to work with cancer patients because they didn't want to die." She told me that homophobia was not a reason to be suicidal. She also let me out on my second visit far earlier than I was ready for. I left in a much worse headspace than I was coming in. The rest of the staff is awesome however.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Sep 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Monica Arora, MD?
I was placed in the psych ward at 14 and opened up about abuse i had been experiencing, her reaction to my story was laugher. I was in one of my most vulnerable states and she had the audacity to laugh. Someone who can’t show an inch of empathy to traumatic experiences shouldn’t be in the role she is in.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Sep 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Monica Arora, MD?
When I was younger, I was placed in a facility and was unfortunate enough to have Dr. Arora. She told me I wasn't actually suicidal and that I just wanted attention. From then on whenever I had suicidal thoughts, I never tried to seek help because I questioned if they were genuine thoughts. I never got help until recently and thank god I got a different person because they helped me so much
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Apr 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Monica Arora, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Arora?

Health care is changing, and CHI Health promises to change it for the better. In fact, we started embracing new ways to keep you well more than 10 years...Read more

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

Unmc/Cumc
1998
Grant Medical College, Maharashtra University Of Health Sciences

• Hindi

Does Dr. Monica Arora, MD offer telehealth services?

Dr. Arora has indicated that they offer telehealth. Contact the office to check for eligibility for your needs.

Is Dr. Monica Arora, MD accepting new patients?

Dr. Monica Arora, MD generally accepts new patients on Healthgrades. You can see Dr. Arora's profile to make an appointment.

Does Dr. Monica Arora, MD accept my insurance?

Use the Healthgrades insurance check to verify if Dr. Arora accepts your insurance.

What are Dr. Monica Arora, MD's top areas of care?

Dr. Arora frequently treats Adjustment Disorder , Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders, and Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence). See all procedures and conditions Dr. Arora treats.

Where is Dr. Monica Arora, MD's office located?

Dr. Arora's office is located at 6829 N 72nd St Ste 4300, Omaha, NE 68122. Find other locations and directions on Healthgrades.

What languages does Dr. Monica Arora, MD speak?

Dr. Arora speaks Hindi and English. View profile to see all.

How can I make an appointment with Dr. Monica Arora, MD?

6829 N 72nd St Ste 4300 Omaha, NE 68122

Dr. Arora is affiliated with the following hospital. Select the hospital below to learn more.

Learn more about how Healthgrades measuresHospital Quality.

Chi Health Immanuel

Omaha, NE

60% Patients that would definitely recommend, 10% lower than the national average

5 Awards Received