Dr. Mohammed S. Nizam, MD

Dr. Mohammed S. Nizam, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism | Male | 53 years old

Personal Bio

Dr. Nizam specializes in diagnosing and treating diabetes and endocrinologic diseases including thyroid, pituitary, adrenal, osteoporosis and calcium disorders. He...Read more

Dr. Nizam's Experience

See how Dr. Nizam's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Nizam

Dr. Nizam accepts 16 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Nizam has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Nizam
Dr. Nizam's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (52)
in Springville, UT |
He's an ok doctor. Sometimes his English is hard to understand or when he is rushed he doesn't explain things well. He gets the job done and does his best to help you understand what's going on and what the treatment plan is.
in Orem, Utah |
Nice doctor Very intelligent
in St George, UT |
My blood glucose levels went out of control. I was pressured to have gastric sleeve surgery. Then I was referred to Dr. Nizam. He thoroughly examined my history, changed my meds, and 3 weeks later my blood glucose in back in a normal range. I'm THRILLED. For me, with diabetes, Dr. Nizam is beyond reproach. Dr. Nizam, I thank you for listening to me, for your obvious professional preparations, for paying the price for inspiration to guide your judgment, for fixing what was wrong. Thank you!
in Orem, UT |
He is the RUDEST doctor I have ever been consulted by. I had to wait for over a month for the first appointment. The day of the appointment I waited an hour to be seen for 5 minutes, I walked out of there with an appointment in two weeks, and a blood test order. The second visit was even worse, he had the results for my tests and he said that the numbers were not important, even though the numbers for me were OUTRAGEOUS!! A normal range for a TPO test is between .25-10 and my test results were o
Blanca, we are sorry your experience was not what you anticipated. Thank you for coming to my office and speaking with me about your concerns.
in Sandy, UT |
I had a growth on my thyroid, which was shown to be benign, but was continuing to grow. I expressed concern about this to Dr. Nizam on multiple occasions, and he dismissed my concerns and said that it was fine, even though I have a previous history of other cancer. Luckily I consulted my oncologist, and she recommended I see an ENT about the problems I was having swallowing, due to the thyroid mass. I had it removed it was shown to have a cancerous growth. I will no longer be seeing Dr Nizam
in Saratoga Springs, UT |
I find Dr. Nizam to be kind and responsive to patient needs. He is busy and straightforward like you will find with most doctors in the area but I appreciate that he does listen. That can be very hard to find in a doctor.
in Provo, UT |
Dr. Nizam is extremely professional, very kind, he listens, and is very knowledgeable. For the years I saw him, I always felt like my health was very important to him. For the last year I have been seen by his NP. She is also knowledgeable, open, friendly, and very professional. I would recommend either of them to anyone in need of excellent, professional endocrinology care.
West Jordan, UT |
I have never met Dr. Nizam and have only been seen by a Nurse Practitioner (NP). The overall experience has been fairly unprofessional. The NP has taken personal calls on her cell phone during most visits. I have called asking for information to be sent to my insurance provider and to me. After two months of calling (and approximately 8 messages left with a live person) it has yet to be sent! I am looking for a new endo.
in American Fork, UT |
I was very impressed. He found cancer when other doctors just dismissed it. Other reviewers didn't like his personality, but I think it's a cultural thing, and besides, I'm not looking for a best friend, I'm looking to get better. He was kind and good at what he does.
Pleasant Grove, UT |
Dr Nizam refused to consult with my other doctors and said the opposite in my medical notes. When I pressed the issue, he said If you do not stop this I will discharge you from my care. I feel like he treated me as if I was a subordinate human being and viewed himself as a God, expecting compliance without question. He also refused to treat the symptoms resulting from the illness he was supposed to be treating and made me go to my primary dr instead. I discharged myself from his care.
Elk Ridge, UT |
Dr. Nizam is very knowledgable about his specialty and gives me a feeling of trust. He is a very polite and gracious man. I had gone to a few doctors before going to Dr. Nizam and came away from the former doctors disappointed. Dr. Nizam ordered tests and XRs and prescribed medication, which helped me feel better physically. I would not go to any other doctor for my problem.
Have you seen Dr. Mohammed S. Nizam, MD?

Compare Dr. Nizam

Dr. Nizam says...

He completed his endocrinology and diabetes fellowship and worked as an assistant professor of medicine at the University of Florida. He was involved in clinical research and was an investigator in numerous clinical trials.

Dr. Nizam is the director of ADA – Certified Diabetes Center at Revere Health. Dr. Nizam starts his patients on, and manages, insulin pumps and continuous glucose monitoring systems. Dr. Nizam manages complicated thyroid cancer cases and performs in-office thyroid ultrasound and US-guided biopsies to thyroid nodules. He is a Certified Clinical Densitometrist (CCD) with extensive experience in treating cases of osteoporosis, elevated calcium and hyperparathyroidism.

Dr. Nizam and his wife have three children and enjoy hiking and traveling.

Dr. Nizam's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
  •  Malpractice claims in Utah not available

Dr. Nizam has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

Why It Matters: Dr. Nizam's Board Certifications

• Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Overweight

Assitant Professor Of Medicine
    University of Florida / Shands Medical Center

Completed in 2003

• Arabic

Dr. Nizam does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Nizam and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Insulin Pump Therapy
  • Thyroid Biopsy
  • Ultrasound, Thyroid

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.