Dr. Mohammed Nizam, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism ·  Male · Age 55

Dr. Nizam

Central Utah Clinic, PC

1055 N 500 W Ste 205 Provo, UT 84604

Dr. Mohammed Nizam, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism specialist in Provo, UT and has been practicing for 19 years. He graduated from University Of Aleppo / Faculty Of Medicine in 1988 and specializes in endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism.

Dr. Nizam accepts

Dr. Nizam accepts the following insurance:

AARP
Altius Health Plans
Coventry Health Care
Deseret Mutual (DMBA)
HealthSmart
Medicaid
Medicare
Special Needs Plan SNP
Public Employees Health Plan (PEHP)
Public Employees Health Plan
SelectHealth
Tricare
TriCare for Life

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Utah

Check Dr. Nizam's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Nizam's Top Procedures and Conditions

Osteoporosis

Dr. Nizam treats Osteoporosis more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Nizam treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Deficiency-Induced Osteoporosis

• Kidney Disease
  • Klinefelter Syndrome
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Overweight
  • Thyroiditis
  • Turner Syndrome
  • Ultrasound, Thyroid
  • Vitamin D Deficiency

Our name is our mission and our promise: "Your health above all else!"

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

3.4

Dr. Nizam?
Dr. Nizam's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Mohammed Nizam, MD
Diane Allan. I was checked for thyroid called left message to on results no return call !! The lady’s at front desk are not friendly at all just basically do there job !! The P A I seen Katie Lovell was friendly and helpful !! But the PA also stated that on a follow up I’d pay no copay again but lady’s at front desk said never heard of such a thing they should all get on same page for sure !!!!! Well there are other drs so will look elsewhere !!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mohammed Nizam, MD?
Dr Nizam saved my life by recognizing the very rare condition I came down with. He ran the tests personally to verify the previous work done, then sent me to a surgeon who is a specialist in inslinomas.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mohammed Nizam, MD?
He didn’t want to do maintenance on what I was doing, but would rather me go back and start over all the testing again because he wouldn’t feel good about it unless he ordered the tests again. I didn’t realize I was going to have to make him feel good. Overall it was a worthless experience, and a waste of time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mohammed Nizam, MD?
Dr Nizam has a hard time listening to me. Try to tell him the problems the changes he has made to me and my quality of life but he seems to only be able to look at the numbers and not the individual. I feel much worse on the 9 months that I have been going to he. When I try to tell him about it he just spouts the same little antidote he told me the first time I was there. If I try to get him to listen to me he just gets irritated that I am taking too much of his time. I would not recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mohammed Nizam, MD?
Dr. Nizam is very thorough. He picked up on things that others doctors had not. He is friendly and personable.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mohammed Nizam, MD?
Excellent professional and personal care
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mohammed Nizam, MD?
I saw Dr. Nizam for a little over a year. I had an extremely hard time understanding him. I would do lab work and would never be contacted about my labs. I would call for results, and it would be weeks of me calling before someone would finally call me back. Then all he ever did was tell me I wasn't taking my medication (even though I was, faithfully). He up my medication until I was on 36 pills a day. I finally got a second opinion and had to have emergency surgery. He didn't care about me!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mohammed Nizam, MD?
I was treated by Dr Nizam for a few months last year and left as soon as I could because of the poor treatment he provided. I have asthma and he refused to talk to my pulmonologist, saying to me, "I give other doctors advice. I don't take advice from doctors." He refused to collaborate with me and help me decide for myself with his knowledge and counsel. All he said was, "In my opinion..."...do this. His staff is also very rude and even refused to help print a form off the internet for me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mohammed Nizam, MD?
He's an ok doctor. Sometimes his English is hard to understand or when he is rushed he doesn't explain things well. He gets the job done and does his best to help you understand what's going on and what the treatment plan is.
Nice doctor Very intelligent
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mohammed Nizam, MD?
My blood glucose levels went out of control. I was pressured to have gastric sleeve surgery. Then I was referred to Dr. Nizam. He thoroughly examined my history, changed my meds, and 3 weeks later my blood glucose in back in a normal range. I'm THRILLED. For me, with diabetes, Dr. Nizam is beyond reproach. Dr. Nizam, I thank you for listening to me, for your obvious professional preparations, for paying the price for inspiration to guide your judgment, for fixing what was wrong. Thank you!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mohammed Nizam, MD?
He is the RUDEST doctor I have ever been consulted by. I had to wait for over a month for the first appointment. The day of the appointment I waited an hour to be seen for 5 minutes, I walked out of there with an appointment in two weeks, and a blood test order. The second visit was even worse, he had the results for my tests and he said that the numbers were not important, even though the numbers for me were OUTRAGEOUS!! A normal range for a TPO test is between .25-10 and my test results were o
Blanca, we are sorry your experience was not what...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mohammed Nizam, MD?
I had a growth on my thyroid, which was shown to be benign, but was continuing to grow. I expressed concern about this to Dr. Nizam on multiple occasions, and he dismissed my concerns and said that it was fine, even though I have a previous history of other cancer. Luckily I consulted my oncologist, and she recommended I see an ENT about the problems I was having swallowing, due to the thyroid mass. I had it removed it was shown to have a cancerous growth. I will no longer be seeing Dr Nizam
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mohammed Nizam, MD?
I find Dr. Nizam to be kind and responsive to patient needs. He is busy and straightforward like you will find with most doctors in the area but I appreciate that he does listen. That can be very hard to find in a doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mohammed Nizam, MD?
Dr. Nizam is extremely professional, very kind, he listens, and is very knowledgeable. For the years I saw him, I always felt like my health was very important to him. For the last year I have been seen by his NP. She is also knowledgeable, open, friendly, and very professional. I would recommend either of them to anyone in need of excellent, professional endocrinology care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mohammed Nizam, MD?
I have never met Dr. Nizam and have only been seen by a Nurse Practitioner (NP). The overall experience has been fairly unprofessional. The NP has taken personal calls on her cell phone during most visits. I have called asking for information to be sent to my insurance provider and to me. After two months of calling (and approximately 8 messages left with a live person) it has yet to be sent! I am looking for a new endo.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mohammed Nizam, MD?
I was very impressed. He found cancer when other doctors just dismissed it. Other reviewers didn't like his personality, but I think it's a cultural thing, and besides, I'm not looking for a best friend, I'm looking to get better. He was kind and good at what he does.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mohammed Nizam, MD?
Dr Nizam refused to consult with my other doctors and said the opposite in my medical notes. When I pressed the issue, he said If you do not stop this I will discharge you from my care. I feel like he treated me as if I was a subordinate human being and viewed himself as a God, expecting compliance without question. He also refused to treat the symptoms resulting from the illness he was supposed to be treating and made me go to my primary dr instead. I discharged myself from his care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mohammed Nizam, MD?
Dr. Nizam is very knowledgable about his specialty and gives me a feeling of trust. He is a very polite and gracious man. I had gone to a few doctors before going to Dr. Nizam and came away from the former doctors disappointed. Dr. Nizam ordered tests and XRs and prescribed medication, which helped me feel better physically. I would not go to any other doctor for my problem.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mohammed Nizam, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Nizam?

Central Utah Clinic, PC

• Mon: closed
    • Fri: closed
    • Sat: closed
    • Tue: closed
    • Wed: closed
    • Thu: closed
    • Sat: closed

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Nizam treats patients.

American Fork Hospital