Dr. Mohammed Faraz Khan, MD

Neurosurgery ·  Male · Age 37

Dr. Khan

North Jersey Brain & Spine Ctr

680 Kinderkamack Rd Ste 300 Oradell, NJ 07649

Dr. Mohammed Faraz Khan, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Oradell, NJ and has been practicing for 6 years. He graduated from U OF BUFFALO SUNY SCH OF MED & BIOMEDICAL SCI in 2008 and specializes in neurosurgery, oncology, and more.

Dr. Khan's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Khan

Dr. Khan?
Dr. Khan's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Mohammed Faraz Khan, MD
RecentMost Helpful
I was referred to Dr. Khan after several years of ineffective treatments by other drs. Dr. Khan immediately diagnosed the problem and made recommendations to correct it so it didn't worsen since I was already having issues walking. Dr. Khan has a very calm demeanor. He is very friendly and caring. He explained everything he would be doing to take care of my problem in terms I understood. He was very honest as to what the success of the procedure would be. I felt VERY comfortable with Dr. Khan. He took his time with me at each appointment I had. He never made me feel rushed. I would highly recommend Dr. Khan to anyone in need of a neurosurgeon. I really do feel he gave me my life back. His scheduler, secretary, and NP were wonderful to deal with also. Always very patient and helpful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mohammed Faraz Khan, MD?
Dr. Kahn impressed me very much! He was professional and courteous and explained everything in detail to my husband and I. I was completely comfortable and felt at ease while Dr. Kahn explained in detail my situation and diagnosis! I would recommend him very highly to anyone looking for a phenomenal doctor!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mohammed Faraz Khan, MD?
Dr. Khan is an excellent neuro-surgeon. Prior to the lumbar laminectomy surgery he performed on my back, i would walk all bent over and I could not walk very far at all. Now, I am able to stand erect and can walk for a greater amount of time. Dr. Khan is a very compassionate doctor who truly cared about me. He was also very patient and took a considerable amount of time to explain things. I never dreamt that he would spend so much time with me. No hesitation in recommending him to others.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mohammed Faraz Khan, MD?
Dr. Khan presented a very clear and extensive review of my MRI and scan. He is very professional and knowledgeable. He is very comforting and made me feel confident that he was the right doctor for my surgery. I am extremely satisfied with his care before, during and after my surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mohammed Faraz Khan, MD?
Dr Khan took the time to really educate both my father (the patient) and our family about the condition and treatment options. He was very easy to talk to and extremely informative. He listened and did not rush at all. We left feeling very confident with Dr Khan’s knowledge and abilities.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mohammed Faraz Khan, MD?
Dr. Khan performed a laminoplasty on my C3-C6 vertebrae and things went very smoothly. Dr. Khan was very friendly and dumbed down everything so I could understand what I was going through (injury-wise), what he was going to do about it, and the recovery process involved. He was very thorough in explaining everything.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mohammed Faraz Khan, MD?
From the first visit I found Dr. Khan to be quite pleasant. Dirst off he has an excellent bedside manner. Second he is open an honest and does not sugar coat anything he tells you. I had three choices he said. Without back and neck surgery I would most likelyr become quadrapalegic. Second option shots been there done that. Third option surgery. He stated the pros and cons of everything. We chose surgery and it was the best decision. I would highly recommend him. Tamra H
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mohammed Faraz Khan, MD?
I was very reluctant to have the much needed surgery on my neck but Dr Kahn was so reassuring that I swallowed my fears and scheduled the surgery. I am so glad that I did. He was wonderful before and after the surgery. I could not have asked for a more professional, competent and caring doctor. Now, I no longer face the possibility of becoming a quadriplegic.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mohammed Faraz Khan, MD?
I had 2 consultation with Weill Corneill , N Y U langone and was told that they was not sure that a Microdiscectomy on l 5 would provide any help with numbness in my legs . Dr Khan was very thorough in his evaluation,assessment and recommendation. I wanted to do the surgery ASAP. 1 week post up I was 90 % better. I have already recommend patients to Dr Khan and will continue to so . P S I am not related to Dr M F Khan Dr F T Khan
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mohammed Faraz Khan, MD?
Dr Khan is an excellent neurosurgeon with extraordinary bedside manners , which helped to alleviate my fears. He explained everything about my diagnosis prior and after surgery. I had ALIF and PLIF with disectomy and he did an excellent job, and I’m happy I did it. His knowledge and confidence produce a positive result for me and I highly recommend him to anyone who needs an experienced neurosurgeon with such qualities.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mohammed Faraz Khan, MD?
In my opinion Dr.Khan is by far incredibly outstanding in every respect technically and socially. i
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mohammed Faraz Khan, MD?
Dr. Kahn provided excellent care and fusion surgery for my broken spine. He is efficient, courteous and an excellent surgeon. I highly recommend. Thank you Dr. Kahn.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mohammed Faraz Khan, MD?
He is the best. I had very risky surgery on my neck and he brought me throughout without any harm. I am recovering well, thanks to Dr. Khan.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mohammed Faraz Khan, MD?
Dr Khan is an amazing Dr. From the moment I met him I knew I was in good hands. I could barely walk before my surgery. After 3 months of having a spinal fusion I am walking almost 4 miles a day.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mohammed Faraz Khan, MD?
I had a cyst on my spine causing me severe pain and discomfort. I came to see Dr. Khan through a hospital stay related to my condition. He was very thorough in explaining the steps involved to relieving my pain. We took other routes before it was determined I would need surgery to remove the cyst and fuse the vertebrae that caused it to form. He was excellent, and now I am pain free! I would recommend him to anyone who needs a neurosurgeon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mohammed Faraz Khan, MD?
People pleaser read !!! Dr . Khan is a EXCELLENT doctor ?????. If your looking for experience,, knowledge, professional, bedside manner, then look ?? no further give him a call his staff is always pleasant and professional so look ?? no further . I had surgery on my spine 7/31 I was home the next day . I had 2 office visits and now therapy and back to work I feel fantastic . Thank you Dr. Khan Mrs.Leary
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mohammed Faraz Khan, MD?
Dr Khan was wonderful. I came to his office in excruciating pain. The following day I had a disctectomy L4L5. Dr Khan listened, asked the right questions and was extremely thorough and kind! I'm 2 months out and am back to my life. I highly recommend Dr Khan and felt his level of care , competence and expertise were outstanding! Thank you Dr Khan.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mohammed Faraz Khan, MD?
Dr. Khan is an amazing surgeon. He is very thorough in his explanations and is not pushy about anything. He walks you through your options multiple times so you know your making the right choice going forward. My surgery was absolutely flawless and I feel amazing now!! His positivity was so reassuring throughout the whole process. I was never nervous about anything knowing that he was on my side. I cannot thank this man enough for giving me the freedom to live my life without any pain!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mohammed Faraz Khan, MD?
Superlative care. Attentive, sympathetic, knowledgeable, soothing, organized.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mohammed Faraz Khan, MD?
Dr. Mohammed Faraz Khan, MD spent quite a lot of time with me at my appointment today. He explained thoroughly the plan of action I should consider for surgery. I felt very confident in his expertise & will follow-up on his recommendation, have the testing & consult again with him to discuss the next step.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mohammed Faraz Khan, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Khan?

• Neurosurgery
  • Brain Aneurysms
  • Cerebrovascular Neurosurgery
  • Minimally Invasive Neurological Spine Surgery

2015
University of Miami Jackson Memorial Hospital
2013
University Of Miami Jackson Memorial Hospital-Complex & Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery Fellowship
2009

• Arabic
  • Hindi
  • Urdu

Dr. Khan accepts

Dr. Khan accepts the following insurance:

No malpractice claims found for New Jersey

• Progressive Spinal Muscular Atrophy
  • Progressive Spinobulbar Muscular Atrophy
  • Spinal Cord Tumor
  • Spinal Dysostosis, Anhalt Type
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy, Ryukyuan Type

• Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
  • Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML)
  • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Cranial Trauma
  • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Deep Brain Stimulation
  • Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Ear Disorders
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
  • Epilepsy
  • Esophageal Diseases
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hodgkin's Disease
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Hypercoagulable State
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Larynx Conditions
  • Pancytopenia
  • Pathological Spine Fracture
  • Pituitary Gland Tumor Excision
  • Posterior Lumbar Fusion With Robotic Assistance
  • Primary Hypercoagulable State (incl. Factor V Leiden Disease)
  • Prostate Cancer