Dr. Mohammad Riaz, MD

Dr. Mohammad Riaz, MD

Medical Oncology  |
Dr. Riaz is board certified in Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology and Palliative Medicine. He regards his patients as part of his family, focusing on their comfort while being committed to helping them live each day to its fullest.Trained in Palliative and Hospice care, Dr. Riaz will aid your recovery by relieving the symptoms of pain, anxiety or loss of appetite during treatment. With a focus on comfort and compassion, he feels strongly about maintaining his patients quality of life as they meet the challenges of their illness. We understand that you can go many places for your cancer treatment. At Premier Oncology Consultants, we pride ourselves in the relationships we build with our patients. This is why our physicians spend more time with patients, getting to know them as individuals. Each patient has the doctors' cell phone numbers and can call or text at any time, to alleviate fears and increase a sense of well-being.Dr. Naqvi and Dr. Riaz provide the most current cancer therapies available and consider each patient's needs and lifestyle when developing a treatment plan. They understand the time constraints and responsibilities of working full time or raising children, and want to help you maintain your everyday commitments. They will work to remove barriers that could stand in they way of a positive outcome.

9230 Katy Fwy Ste 410

Houston, TX 77055

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Riaz

See how frequently Dr. Riaz performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Bone Marrow Biopsy
Autoimmune Diseases
Blood Disorders

Dr. Riaz's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Riaz ".You Are More Than Your Diagnosis

A cancer diagnosis can be scary and life changing. At Premier Oncology we do more than treat a disease, we restore your peace of mind. Our entire staff is devoted to providing our patients with exceptional personalized care. We believe that developing a relationship with each patient and their families is an important part of an effective treatment plan.Our physicians and staff know you are more than your diagnosis; you are a whole unique individual that deserves the very best from your medical providers. We are passionate about your comfort, confidence, and convenience. We combine state of the art medical care and cancer therapies with the personal attention and time you deserve. Our practice is a warm, comfortable environment where we know every patient by heart."

• Medical Oncology

• Bone Cancer
  • Breast Cancer
  • Burkitt's Lymphoma
  • Central Nervous System Lymphoma
  • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)
  • Kidney Cancer
  • Ovarian Cancer
  • Pancytopenia
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Primary Central Nervous System Lymphoma
  • Primary Hypercoagulable State (incl. Factor V Leiden Disease)
  • Prostate Cancer

• Cleveland Clin Hosp
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2002
  • University of Texas Medical Branch
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2007

Dr. Riaz has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Riaz does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Riaz and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Riaz's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Riaz to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Riaz's Performance
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Riaz is a nice and understanding doctor. He was very helpful as to my condition, and explained everything to me very well. I will definitely refer him to friends and family.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Riaz was so nice and assured me that he could help me. He understood my issues and could explain what is wrong with me better than I could. He answered all of my questions and checked for understanding. I know in my gut that he is going to help me and I'm so excited that I found him. I actually started crying because I have been to other doctors and none could help me. Dr. Riaz didn't rush but he sat and you could tell he is highly concerned about his patients. I highly recommend him.
in Houston, TX |
I really enjoyed my visits to Dr. Riaz's Office. He is a great physician and I would highly recommend him to my family and friends. He is very knowledgeable in his practice and explained everything to me to where I understood it. He did not mind answering questions and repeating himself to me when I did not understand. Making an appointment was easy and the wait time was not bad. Office is nice and staff is great. I give him all thumbs up!!!! He is great....Thank you
Houston, TX |
Dr. Riaz is extremely knowledgeable. He takes his time and explains everything to his patients. And, if the patient doesn't quite understand something he explains again & again in a different ways until the patient does understand. He NEVER rushes his patients in & out, keeping to a patient to time ratio. Also, Dr. Riaz. answers every question the patient brings to him that he may not have already anticipated and explained earlier. He cares about is patients and WE KNOW IT!
Katy, TX |
I have have seen Dr. Riaz as an alternative when my oncologist, Shagufta Naqvi, was it was more practical. He was knowledgeable about my case and the current circumstances, as well as helpful with explanations and treatment.
Have you seen Dr. Mohammad Riaz, MD?
Are you Dr. Riaz?